Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Laeto Rainforest > Simple Times [P]
boneami

Character Info
Name: Marthaen
Alignment: TG
Race: Ruby Gemstone Dragon
Class: Fire breather.
Silver: 2570
Without waiting for an answer he trotted into the forest, moving quickly to where bear and cub were sleeping happily. Yes, his well thought out plan was in motion. At least as well thought out as any of his plans ever were which is saying very little. He crept up quietly and whispered, "Human me" and snatched up the tiny cub. The cub instantly began bawling for it's mother, at least THAT part of the plan had gone right but in his haste he'd forgotten to add clothing and the bushes and brambles were wreaking havoc with his body. However by this point momma bear was in hot pursuit and he knew he'd have to get to the clearing and change before she caught him. She could, and almost certainly would, do a lot of damage to him in this form.

Finally reaching the clearing where the pair were staying he was quite a sight. Scratched and naked and carrying a small bear that was using it's own teeth and claws to discourage this little enterprise. Dropping the cub he quickly said "tiny me!" And switched back to his small, dragon self. In his mind the next thing that would occur would be the mother bear grabbing him in her jaws, looking ferocious, and he would cry out "Oh! The pain! Someone please help me!" Knowing the bear couldn't really hurt him much in dragon form and this would force Rizka to unconciously switch to her dragon self in order to save him. From there things went pretty much as you might expect…

Oh the bear caught up with him and snatched him up but that was pretty much all that went right. Holding him tight in her jaws she began to shake him vigorously and instead of words all that came out of him was, "Bloogle eee! Blarglel bloggle bloop!"

"Oh right." Marthaen thought to himself, "Bears shake things when they snatch them up. Gotta remember that for next time."

You said start a fire! You didn't say how big.
Rizka

Character Info
Name: Rizka Auroria Del'Draco
Race: Humanoid Dragon (Borealis Dragon)
Class: Glamour Bard
Silver: 420
"Mar-Marthaen?" Rizka called out in surprise as the large ruby dragon trotted off noisily into the underbrush. She wasn't entirely sure what he was getting up to, but when she heard the baby bear begin to cry out she was chasing after him into the brush. She hissed and yelped as the brambles and branches caught on her skirts and bare arms, trying to reach the clearing ahead where she could see Mama Bear violently shaking—well, if she had to guess it was probably Marthaen. He sounded like he was trying to call out by the force of the shaking was probably making it difficult to talk. 

She pulled herself from the brambles and quietly began to come around the bear. Her scent was picked up and the bear turned and roared at her. Rizka gently raised a hand, but didn't back down. It shook tiny Marthaen again before roaring once more. Rizka didn't flinch. Instead she opened her mouth. 

"The woods protected fulfilled his needs. Fruit by birds, honey by bees. He found shelter under the trees, he grew up in their company. They became his family. Ancient Spirits of the forest made him king of elves and trees. He was the only human being who lived in harmony… in perfect harmony." 

The lovely melody wafted around them soft at first, but then slowly grew louder, purer and more potent in magic. The bears looked confused for a moment, the Baby Bear coming to paw lightly at Rizka's skirt. Mama Bear dropped Marthaen rather unceremoniously into the brush before she padded over to Rizka, and allowed the bardess to scratch her behind the ears before the two of them wandered back towards their den. A gentle smile was on Rizka's face before she went over and plucked Marthaen out of the grass. 

"That was awful silly of you," she told him as though he were a small child. "IF that was an attempt to make me take a new form, I am afraid I foiled your plan," she giggled softly. 
boneami

Character Info
Name: Marthaen
Race: Ruby Gemstone Dragon
Class: Fire breather.
Silver: 2570
Marthaen was enthralled by her singing, as much as the bears. He could picture the scene in his mind and even though he knew it was magic he still let himself revel in the feelings that washed over him. He was content. Well, as content as anyone could be after a round of bear shaking and landing upside down in the brush. After a few moments, sadly, the song ended. The bears seemed as content as he was though the momma bear made a rude huff as she walked a way. "Stupid bears" he muttered, "ruining my perfectly good plan."

At this point Rizka was bending over him and picking him up. He was surprised at first for in his entire life no one had ever picked him up before. Well ok, there was the bear but this was much more pleasent. He curled his long tail over one shoulder, around her back and and over the other. "Thank you very much," he said softly. I think that plan went pretty well until the bear ruined everything. Next time I'll use a smaller, non-shaking animal." He noticed her scratched arms and the tears in her dress, "You're injured! You got hurt helping me! Please never do that again. It was my own fault and if you were to be seriously hurt coming to my aid… well I'm not really sure what I'd do but it would be very bad."

He gazed up at her and saw she was still smiling even though she was hurt and wondered once again about this beautiful creature. She didn't even know him but still had come running to his aid with no thought of her own safety. It made him feel odd. He felt a rush of some new feeling so intense that he shivered a little. He wondered what this new feeling could be and so, being Marthaen, he asked.

"Excuse me fair one, but I feel… strange. It's like… it's like I'm very happy but insecure both at the same time." He gazed up at her, "I think this is because of you; do you have this effect on people often? Or is it just me? It's very odd.

"Oh! And don't worry. We'll get the dragon in you to show itself yet. I just need a better plan…"

You said start a fire! You didn't say how big.
Rizka

Character Info
Name: Rizka Auroria Del'Draco
Race: Humanoid Dragon (Borealis Dragon)
Class: Glamour Bard
Silver: 420
Rizka looked at the scratches on her arms and shook her head. 
"Oh, this is nothing. See, it is already starting to heal," she reassured the small red dragon that curled his tail around her shoulder. "I've had worse scrapes just from falling out of trees," she giggled as she lightly scratched Marthaen beneath his scaled chin. 

When Marthaen asked about his feelings and if she often had that sort of affect on people she couldn't help but smile and giggle. "I've been told by others that I have that effect. It's just a natural charm, I have about me. It often makes others feel various forms of attraction," she explained. "Many bards have this allure. My brothers and sisters have had it. There is something that is just alluring about people who are genuinely kind, aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The Arts have the ability to woo many," she told him with a smile as she carried him back towards the camp. 

"As for my 'inner dragon', I am sure it will reveal itself in time. Don't go getting yourself into trouble just because I might change my form," she said as she sat back down by the campfire with Marthaen.