Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Letters > Letters from the Machinarium [P]
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
[Since I already have a journal for Shiloh, I'll be using this space to introduce her staff, acquaintances, and employees who can be seen at the Machinarium! New entries will be added periodically, and you'll get to see a sneak peek at what goes on behind those cogs and gears!] 

A small hidey-hole tucked away between some shelves is stuffed with pieces of folded, rolled, and stamped parchments. A few nuts and bolts with a handful of mismatched buttons can be found in the mix. From the contents, it has all the trappings of a ferret's secret stash.

Beginning of Pluvia, at the end of Terra:

There's always something new happening here at Antikythera. Not long after we added the final adjustments to the newly-completed hydraulic lift system, the Steward has already started drawing up drafts of a new project. Nerine returned from her time of study in Vada, and brought back some samples. Overhearing snippets of the details of her trip in her chat with Euripides, she seems to have made a curious discovery. It must have something to do with the crystal shards she brought with her, but I have no idea what. Something to do with a river that flowed with water iridescent like the rainbow, perhaps? Unless the water had something else mixed in it, I can't begin to fathom how this could exist.

After sharing her newfound knowledge, Shiloh proposed creating a small-scale version of the rivers of Vada right here in the Machinarium's greenhouse. This will be the largest water feature to exist within these walls, and the entire wing is scheduled for remodeling once the designs for the new layout are finalized. This will require several new installations for a closed water circulation system to keep the river continuously flowing. I expect this to be completed at a much faster pace than the lift, and am eager to see the results.

– Galatea

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
A slightly crinkled piece of paper with tiny paw prints marking a certain ferret's grubby little fingers.
The parchment is of good quality, though it has seen better days. The words are written in flowing calligraphy, with thicker blots at the ends of the flourishes. The contents are somewhat ironic in contrast to its appearance.

Shiloh,

I'll say it again, since you obviously aren't listening! STOP CHOKING ME! Stop putting me in headlocks, dropping from the ceiling, ambushing me from closets, and making your face phase through the walls like a bloody poltergeist! Stop it! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?! I was just running a few minutes late! So maybe I woke up a little later than usual, but I would've made it on time if you didn't have your face appear next to my pillow! Gods! 

Why are you doing this to me? Is it because of that stunt I tried to pull with that ring? I said I was sorry and I'd never do it again! I've been trying my hardest too, I'll have you know! Do you seriously expect me to work eight hours standing at that workbench every day? I've paid back [redacted] of what I owe you–at least stop adding to it for every tiny mistake! Cut me a little slack already! And that restriction regarding auction pieces? Do you have any idea how difficult it is to try coming up with completely original designs for every single jewelry item? Just because two of the things I made look similar doesn't mean I'm slacking! 

P.S. I bet you're not going to even read this, so whatever. You'd better not use this as an excuse to raise the debt even higher!

- Auron

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
A scrap of paper with characteristically small handwriting. There are paw prints and smudges in the writing, but the words are legible.
The paper itself has been rolled up in a coil next to some walnut shells and a honey candy wrapper. The faint smell of ferret lingers on it.

We're going on a trip! Not just me, all of us! After the fighting, we went back home to rest. Everybody was tired and we were all homesick. I'm glad the cities are safe, but I wish we didn't have to fight in the first place. I asked Shiloh why we couldn't ask them to talk, and she said it was because they didn't want to talk to us–that's why we fought. They didn't like us and wanted to hurt us badly, but I don't understand why. Shiloh said she doesn't understand either. Why did they hate us? We're all safe now and I heard there are more bugs coming from the west, different ones. They want to talk, not fight. Even though they looked and smelled the same, Shiloh said they weren't. Not everyone from the land over there hates us; that makes me happy. The place the bugs came from is called Onnen, and when the ship is fixed we'll finally be able to go there. I wonder what their food tastes like?

Shiloh says she wants to make a map showing every single place in Onnen so no matter where we go we'll never get lost. I'm going to miss playing with Millie, but she has to stay here. Because we're going to a new place it'll be dangerous if she gets sick. But at least she'll have people here to take care of her, so it won't be so bad. And when we come back I'll bring lots of cool things and toys so we can play together! I can't wait! I'm getting kinda sleepy from being so excited. I wonder if we'll go tomorrow. I want to watch us land from the window seat…

Good night. 

– Niall

Her God Powers are: