Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Lixue's Letters To The Present
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Name: Cao Lixue
Alignment: CG
Race: Jiangshi
Class: Former Priestess
Silver: 126
Where am I, no, a better question is when am I? I feel it in my very soul that this is my home, but do the dead even have a soul, oh yes by the way to the reader of this letter I'm dead but alive truly this is a divine comedy at it's finest. I would have never guessed that I would become what I was born to destroy. You dear reader must be confused as I, or perhaps not as the world has passed me by while you are right where you belong in time. To think that the floating eyesore retching fume was once my home is almost too much to bear. How is it that we've forsaken the lands with such corruption, perhaps my past failures are the reason as to my revival.

It is a possibility who else could one explain my being. This could only be a punishment, as lacking many senses in this cold unfeeling shell is part of the path the redemption. However, I never asked for redemption nor life be it real or merely an imitation. I was happy with my enternal rest, no expectations no pain and certainly no head headlong into danger for the sake of pathetic reasons such as honour.

Honourable actions are not done with an expectation of a reward, material or immaterial. While redemption maybe the reward served up to this former public servant I rebuke the god's pity. This life this new beginnings of mine will be mine alone. Mine to shape mine to plan, all the joy and thanks are mine alone. Now the infinite bounds of possibility are quite daunting to one such as I dear reader but do not fret a goal lay just below the stars. A painful reminder of the past as well as an insult to those that have past.

Cao Lixue

Character Info
Magic Weaving

Magic Circle

With the discovery of her new powers and the disadvantages that they bring Lixue begun thinking of ways to extend her Qi for longer. Pondering over what spells she had available She had tried using the magical enhancement properties of Arcane Empowerment with the expanse of an archprotect, but all that accomplished was a magical boon to an area around her not a reduction in cost.

The second theory of Aracne Empowerment with Magic Script was an even bigger failure than the first as it did not affect anything but the Script itself as the addition of Arcane Empowerment seemed to strengthen the Script making it more pronounced and hard to dispell.

With no reference to any sort of magic that lowered the cost of spells, Lixue looked elsewhere to see if the properties of a physical object could be taken to fold into a spell. While she could not imbibe a mana potion she could still use it's properties as a medium to weave magic into an object. An enchanted scroll could act as the foundation while the mana potions act as a substitute for the caster's spells with Arcane empowerment to act as a focus for the spell. The theory seemed sound as the first attempt seemed promising as the Enchanted scroll work great as a way to shape the spell, but weaving the magic from the potion into the circle seemed to require more energy. Attempts with a greater mana potion had more than enough power to weave into the circle created by the enchanted scroll, all that was left was to assign the role of the spell with Arcane Empowerment.

With all the parts set, Lixue placed an enchanted scroll on the ground with a greater magic potion on top. Activating the scroll she weaved it into a circle around her. Once the circle had been formed she slowly imbued the circle with the potion magic casing the circle to glow with magical energy. Okay, look like everything is working, now to empower the sp.. As she tried to assign the spell with Arcane Empowerment the extra magic from the spell caused it to destabilize and explode under Lixue. Odd blue smoke sounded the Area where Lxiue was, and as it cleared a protective light peered out through the thinning smoke. "Well that could have gone, better, but I have the bases for the spell, I'm sure with some fine tuning it will eventually do what I want".
Cao Lixue

Character Info
A Curse To Protect
I've almost caved to my hunger far too much, I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. It feels as if the hunger is getting stronger and stronger every time I resist it. I don't think I can stop it next time. Gating away to a quiet area away from anything and everything, she pondered on how to stop her unwanted half from getting the better of her. The balancing act with offering treatment while taking her payment was unsightly, but a means to an end as it did nothing to harm anyone, but lying to others was not something the Priestess felt good about. It made her feel as if she was a parasite leeching of others even though she was providing a service.

The extreme intensity of her hunger caused for an extreme solution. Placing her hand on her chest while mouthing incantations a dark circle would form under Lixue with an acance chain curling around the Undead. If desire takes hold let my body become heavy, if I reach out with hunger towards another let my flesh be rent, and if my desire presists push back with unbearable pain. With her rules set in a place, she would need a promise to complete the curse. "I promise not to hurt anyone for my own selfious needs"! With the Promise voice, the end of the chain turned into an arrowhead piercing Lixue's chest as the dark magic flowed inside burning a magic insignia in the middle of her chest. Kneeling over and screaming from the pain as the curse entered her body transfixing itself to the Undead Priestess body. Rolling around holding her chest as the pain circulated through her entire being. Death rattles protruded from the girl as her body felt as if she would die yet again. This pain was far beyond anything she had felt before, but she had to fight through it as the pain would be nothing to the pain she would cause others and herself if she gave in and became the monster that she is. Time felt as if it had slowed just to enjoy her suffering more. She could not tell how long it has been nor how many times her mind was almost lost to the pain, but the pain did eventually stop only leaving the magic insignia of a chain wrapped around a mouth.

Breathing in even though the act was pointless as her body long longer required air, but the act along as calming as she readied herself for what would come next. Unsure if she would feel the pain when lost to hunger, but it was just another sacrifice she would have to make to atone for what she is. Firing off spell after spell enveloping the whole area in ice and protective magic. With each spell she could feel the hunger growing till she could no longer control herself. Lost to hunger the person who was once Lxiue was nowhere to be found, all that was left was unending hunger. A beast would far too kind for what Lixue had become. The Undead looked around for everything and anything that could be used to feed itself. Noticing local wildlife now fleeing from the monster that had appeared suddenly, the hunger would charge recklessly toward it to only be forced down by the curse. Screaming and clawing her way towards the fleeing animal the curse would cut away at her tendons constantly as her body kept regenerating the damage costing her more and more magical energy to repair the damage in hopes of tiring the monster out before it can grasp at a victim.

Monsterious screams echoed through the woodlands. As the Undead continued to fight against the curses many defences to hinder its wishes. Black blood soaked the ground as Lixue's hunger kept fighting through the pain and damage only to be halted temporarly as pain shot through her body as a sort of shock treatment. Even for a monster such as her, the hunger subsided as the last of her magic had been used to heal her wounded body. Falling into a deep sleep to regain her lost power Lixue left it up to the Gods' whether or not her life would be taken or not.