Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Jayden Amor's Journal
Jayden The Fluffy

Character Info
Name: Jayden Amor
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf
Class: Bard
Silver: 223
Dear Diary,

I have finally decided to leave the comforts of home for adventure. Well me and every single one of my brothers. After mom's insisting on us going on an adventure, we didn't hesitate or say no. Of course dad was a little sad but mother insisted that it was good for us. Besides we were adults now. It was time for us to start acting like it. To be honest I think dad's just happy to not have to worry about mom going off on one of her adventures. They are both very strange. My father is an elf but he doesn't seem to even notice or care. Perhaps he had just grown out of the idea that an elf was better than everybody else. However I can't help but worry about him. After all he will outlive mother by far. And so will me and my brother. Of course we aren't going to live as long as father but we will outlive mother. It's not a pleasant thought. But I think even mother is considering this too. Maybe it's why she suddenly decided to come home. So that she could spend the rest of her moments with father.

Well these thoughts are no way to start off a new adventure. As of now I have many places I could go. A logical decision would be to head to Adeluna City. It would be a good place to buy things and to drum up some business. Literally. However there were some issues with that. One, that's where every single bard would no doubt be headed to get rich and wealthy. There will be thousands and thousands of bards and minstrels in line to serve the Queen or the nobles. No, that wasn't a good option. Besides I'm not fond of the idea of just waiting around the castle until I'm called to play something then to be sent back like a dog. I'll play where I like thank you very much! And I probably couldn't get in the castle even if I tried. So that's clearly not a choice.

I need something unique. Somewhere he could get plenty of inspiration for his music and to learn new instruments. Not to mention magic. He needed to go to the deepest of forests or the highest of mountains. Explore the sea and to touch the sky itself. To be a bard and a proper musician he needed to live. To let his potential shine as bright as the sun itself! To feel the most extremes of heat and cold. To know what it means to fear and to be feared. That actually could be a great line! I'm going to write that down in my long list of line ideas. Basically I've got no experience and I need to get it. However I also shouldn't go alone. I know how dangerous the world can be. And although I am amazing with my lute, even I can't stop the fiercest of monsters and people with music. So I'll definitely need to partner up with some sort of fighter. Perhaps I should learn some healing magic so they actually have a reason to keep me around. I'll see if the library has any books over that kind of magic before I go. I've picked up a map and I've decided to go to Adeluna City. Yes, I know that I just listed all the reasons why I shouldn't go there.

But if I am looking for somebody to travel with then I should start at a city that's probably full of fighters. At least one of them has got to be interested in letting a bard tag along. Then there was another little difficulty. The fact that most of the ladies in the village really don't want me to leave. I mean I can understand why. I am a really good musician and perform magic for them. Not to mention I know that I'm handsome. However I have betrayed or settled with any lady. I have also never taken advantage of them or done any other terrible thing like that. The most I've done is flirt with them a bit. But I always made sure that they knew that I wasn't serious. I may be a charmer but I am no ass. Still I feel a little bit guilty. However I already know the solution. I have left a small planted tree at the top of the hill near our village. For everybody, not just the ladies.

My parents will be able to see it and imagine that I'm growing along with it. The people of the village will not forget get the tree I put there since it does stick out. But it looks so beautiful. I hope they don't decided to later tear it down. That would be sad. However I doubt my mother would let them. So I think it will be fine. All my bags are packed. And it's morning. I've already said goodbye to my parents and my brothers have already left. I… I am not crying. Nope. Not one bit. Ignore the water stains on the paper. Those are just…it's just… oh who am I kidding?! I'm going to miss my mom and dad so much! They were the best parents that I could have asked for. I need to go but a part of me just always wants to stay with them. Still, I need to go. I have my whole life ahead of my. I can't let my opportunity slip out of my grasp. I had a destiny. Although I didn't know what it was yet. I was meant to leave. It's time for me to head out onto that road ahead. It's time for me to live my own life. It's time for me to become a bard. That doesn't sound as impressive out loud as it did in my head.

Also before I left my parents gave me one last thing before I headed out. A little blue song bird. It's so beautiful and it sings like a gorgeous bird. Of course I'd be worried if it didn't sound like a bird. It would be incredibly strange if it sounded like a bear. I would be really confused if that happened. I haven't officially decided on a name for the bird yet. Maybe I'll name her Bibi. Or Didi. Or Ti- wait. No…bad idea. I guess I'll have to come up with a name along on the road. Maybe I'll be hit with inspiration. Or maybe- Wait. I know what to call the little bird. A name that belongs to somebody dear to me. My first and only teacher. Although she claims life will be a better teacher than her, Kila is still my teacher. Nobody else's teacher. So I'll name the bird Kila. That way I'll never forget her. Not that I am able to. But just in case. The bird is small and seems to be quite mild tempered. Of course if I don't feed her or pet her the wrong way she seems to get a bit… well… pecky. That's fine! I like it. Kila knows not to be pushed around! Well it's time for me to say my last last goodbyes to my parents. Then I will head out on my journey. Adeluna, here I come!

"Yes I'm bold. But I'm also cute. Come on, it's true."