Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Journal of a orphan
Dayton

Character Info
Name: Asgorim
Alignment: TG
Race: Half-Elf Half-Human
Class: fighting monk (knight)
Silver: 899
The elve’s monk handbooks are special. Their sheets are four times more large than high, 12 inch by 3, without binding, writed horizontaly. The pages are stacked, and we turn its from down to up. Its cover are made in solid coloured leather. Some books – the more precious of its – have very ornated covers. Then, the manuscripts are gently wrapped into a drapery of silk, and stored in chests, sheltered from light and wet. The first Asgorim’s journal was not different, but much more poor, made with the cheaper paper he finaly succed to obtain near his tutor. The cover was in boiled leather, and it drapery was a piece of cloth coming from a old tunic. When he started his journal at age 13, his writing was still a bit childish and clumsy.

Greetings Goddess Angela !

Today is a wonderfull day, cause I succed to convince this head of wood who is Brother Elvinor my tutor to give me the sheets on which I write now. I – finaly - will be able to start to write to you all I have on the heart and what is running in my head. I chose you because brother Elvinar always tell that Love is the only way and the Mother of all things. And I have no mother in this li…
here, a round stain has wet the paper and dissolved the f and the e of life. Probably a tear. Please, don’t juge me. Consider my confidences like a pray and put your loving eyes on me.

You certainly know I am sad about ignoring where I come from, and often angry that nobody in the monastery agree to tell me who was my parents and where they live. I feel sometime terribly alone, and that trouble me while I made the training practices. Why the other monks know their parents but not me ? I would like to know. Or if I can’t know, I would like to not suffering about. But how to live peacefully without knowing who made you ? I am not like the others and it’s hurt me. They have something I have not: a family and some origins. And I, I am just a abandoned child. Please Goddess, think to me.

Asgorim. 4th mont of my 13rd year. 

There is no goal. The way is the goal. Do not let your head steal your heart.

(english is not my mother-language. Please be indulgent. I'll certainly make some mystakes. Don't be shy to tel me which ones and what is better to say.)
Dayton

Character Info
Danses with elks
- Or how I have got my first elk -
Greetings Goddess Angela Rose !

Today I met my first elk. It was a magic moment ! I had to stay a very long time without moving at all, breathing as slowly as possible, emptying my mind of any thoughts, seated on the grass near the border of the Big Wood where they live. It was the third time I tryed… and this time it worked !  After about one hour half, maybe two ? A big male elk ended to came to me slowly. I was able to ear each of his heavy steps to me. He well seemsed to weigh 450 or 500 pounds. I was very excited and moved, not daring to move, and my heart ran very fast. He should be the chief of the herd, because when he has breathed me, he stayed not far, and he was soon joined by the others. Most was female or young ones. I stayed among them motionless, until they decided to move elsewhere.

Next days, brother Elvinar sent me back to the border of the wood to meet elks again, and to repeat the experience. I did it day after day, each afternoon, duiring some long months, following each time the same way. Step by step, the elks have gotten used to my presence until the wonderfull day I was able to walk among them, without they was worry or think to escape. I have continued, and ended to became very close the one of them, who has apparently chosed me. This elk seemsed more curious about me, my smel or something else I don’t know, than the others. Anyway, he approached me more and often than his congeners and I have ended to be able to caresse his head between his horns, or to scratch him under shin. Brother Elvinar gave me a lot of precious advices about how to become his friend. I followed all of them, as much I was passionate. I have especially started to make great progress when I have understood that I had not to tame him but WE had to tame us, him and I. Finaly, we tamed ourself indeed, and became really friends. It taken me one year  between my first encounter with their chief and the first time I have ride him. Now, I have my own elk and he has his own friend among the Humanity.         

Really, Goddess Angela, thank you so much for this sacred present. Thank you Life and Friendship.  

Asgorim. 1st month of my 15th year.

(english is not my mother-language. Please be indulgent. I'll certainly make some mystakes. Don't be shy to tel me which ones and what is better to say.)
Dayton

Character Info
The journal is full but nothing important or particular happened since the last chapter you red.

I am so proud to have tamed a wild elk. When I came back to the monastery with him there are six months ago now, I was immediately authorised to leave the dormitory for sleeping in the stable near him, in order to enforcing our master-mounts connection. I enjoy sleeping in the straw. It is very comfortable. And I like feeling the heat and breathing the smell of the elks. In addition, the beasts are fascinating and soothing at once. They feel, see, and smell some things very better than us. And often long before. I am more and more sure we have a lot to learn from animals. Besides I would have to found a name to my elk. He seems to get well used to the captivity. I train him every day, at least one hour, and I train myself to ride him as much time. I’ll be able to travel riding my elk soon. Elvinar oversee my progress, advice and encourages me like a real father. I am not always right with him, sometime I am even angry or tired about its constant high exigency in all monk’s disciplines. But he is a very good person, with a great skill for listening others, and an endless patience. I never see him really angry against someone. I would enjoy to be like him later. I don’t know how he doing to be always peaceful, even when the world seems to collapse around him. When I ask him, he only answers “That isn’t me, That’s Love”. I don’t see well what he means, because he hasn't got any girlfriend. But he is so quiet, so strength inside, that intrigues me. I am hurry to grow up to understand, and found too that make him so special.           

Asgorim. 1st month of my 16th year. 

Dayton

Character Info
Greetings Goddess of Love !

I am very bored with meditation… Staying some hours while doing nothing, every days, I am fed up with it. My body need to move ! We are supposed watching our mind. My own always chase something. I can’t quiet it. I think is not natural to not think about something. Brother Elvinar says the opposite. For him, our true nature, the sacred one, is to have mind in peace, totally quiet. I would like to believe him. But when I see my mind, always shaked, always dreaming, imagining… I can’t believe him, but… I have to confess he is very quieter than me… and in addition, effortlessly. That make me consider. Basically, maybe our mind is made to be in peace, and it is better in quietude. I will consider the question.
It appears that something happen into silence. Our view change. Eyes of the heart awake, and give us a very different view of the things and the world. I have not see it yet. Maybe a day. I can’t trust brother Elvinar can lie to me about that. I have to explore and inspect all that. I don’t want to loose a treasure by careless. If treasure there is. But there certainly is, when I see my tutor, always joyful, without causality… I begin to believe it. The future will tell me. Conclusion : I have to meditate more seriously. In addition, it appears that help to be better in martial art. I enjoy our daily martial practice, even if it is very demanding. ‘Cause it built me a strong and very lithe body.  

By the way, Thank you Goddess for my beautiful body and my good health. I couldn’t do anything without them. Life is something beautiful.         

Asgorim. 6th month of my 18th year. 

Dayton

Character Info

The months have passed, and now I have total rapport with my elk. He is now really unique for me and I am really unique for him. It was not to late to found him a name at last. I chose to call him Raghnall. It means “wise and powerful”. I think it suit him well. And…  it is also time to get riding equipment. Until now, I rode with only a rope in his mouth or around his neck as reins, and, sometimes, a cover as saddle. But it isn’t enough if I would have to travel far away. We have a brother leatherworker at the monastery. He makes our shoes and armbands. I went and saw him to see if we can craft a saddle and some reins for Raghnall. He has agreed. I am so happy about. But I will have to get an additional job to pay the leather. Days are becoming too short for all I have to do daily : Meditation… martial training… homework… taking care to my elk… to rest myself… And soon a additional job. And also… the girls. What about them ? Please Goddess, I need a girlfriend. It’s my age. I need your help for that. I had got enough warnings for getting out without authorization too much often. We can’t leave the monastery as much as we would like. You suspect it. Help me to meet a suitable girl when I have to go out of the walls, to earn money or make purchases for stewardship. Or when I ride Raghnall in the countryside. I don’t have much time then. That is why I need you. Please, Goddess, if you don’t, I will turn crazy, here, living closeted inside.    

Please, ear my prays. Think to me, Thank you.        

Asgorim. 9th month of my 18th year. 

Dayton

Character Info

It is time I speak to you about my particular gifts. There is 4 years ago now, if I remember right, it was happened to me something very strange I have never mentioned here. I will do it today. I studied sat on a chair in the library of the monastery. Some books were opened in front of me on the table, when… suddenly, they begin to levitate, two inches over the table. I straightened so surprised, looking them, eyes wide open… I felt while few weird and I have understood soon that it was me who made flying the books. I didn’t know how, but it was really me. I was able to feel it into me. Something from me got out and lifted the things. It stopped when I became aware of it, and the books felt back down on the table. I dared to talk about this event to brother Elvinar. Surprisingly, he trusted me, and he took that very well, like a very good news. From this day on, we begun to teach and train me differently. Elvinar became closer to me, more attentive. I had to add awareness of that is happen inside me each minute of my life. Of course, it is impossible, but I began to train me for. That is very demanding, but that help me well to discipline my restless young mind. Elvinar always said that our mind is like a spirited pony that needs to be tamed and quieted, to become a wise and strong horse. According to him, the wisdom doesn’t come from the intelligence of the mind, the theoretical knowledge like we believe generally, but from the heart when the mind is, at last, at peace. Since this event, I browser and study my magic power. How to feel it ; how to awake it ; how to invoke it ; how to channel it for use to it. It is fascinating and mysterious at once.

All that we have, come from Gods, so, receive all my gratitude.    

Asgorim. 11th month of my 18th year. 

Dayton

Character Info

Now that I begin to control a little my magic gifts, brother Elvinar asked the help of brother Halindeel. Halindeel is one of the Masters of the monastery. I who already have considered brother Elvinar as one of them, I am very impressed. Elvinar seems to me so skilled. Halindeel is skilled so much more. He is one of the highest leaders of our community known as a great wise. One of the more respected; most admired and envied ones. It is a great honour for me, and, at once, something very intimidating, that to become his student. He generally takes very few students, but he took me, I, an abandoned half-human. It’s obliging me to be perfect. Since this Master began to teach me, the look of the other monks on me changed. I saw appears two different reactions: those who stopped considering my human half like a stain…. And those who have been immediately jealous that a half human rise so high, upper than them, to an envied rank. Since then, I had to learn to do with. However, something happened who helped me. I have found a friend among my new Master’s students. His name is Soito. And we became quite close quite quickly. Surely because we needed it both. That’s nice, our friendship brings a healthy rivalry between us, and we are working and practising with more energy and enthusiasm. Each progress of one or of the other encourages both. This is very important, just in this step of our way, that we met us and became friends. That can’t be chance. “Nothing happens by chance” repeat always Master Halindeel, agreed by brother Elvinar. I am divided about that. From one side, to think that the Gods control all what happens to us is reassuring. From the other side, to think that all is decided in advance is oppressive. According to Master Halindeel, it appears that would be a paradox like the mind can't understand them. All would be gave to us and controlled by Gods, but nothings would be written in advance. There would be always some space for the unexpected, for the freedom, and the creativity… And especially for Love. He often insists about Love.

Asgorim. 2nd month of my 19th year. 

Dayton

Character Info

Soito is a serious friend. Someone you can count on. He never tells anything about my mixed race. For him, our origins don't count but only our choices and comportments. I agree with him. He is two years older than me and little bit wiser. He is actually 21. We both make good progresses. Now I can easy move the not very heavy objects by my magic without touching them, like I did with the books of the library the first time. The difference that’s today I do it on purpose. That’s so convenient ! I enjoy so much this power. I use and abuse of it. By dint of use it daily, I become very skilled with. From now on, I can do some elaborated handlings. Soito him, isn’t as skilled as me in this power, even he manage. He is better at telepathy, what is also very convenient. Imagine that we can share our secrets among people without they know it. He uses it often, particularly to say me to look at the pretty girls we meet. Then, I can impress them with telekinesis. Alas, we can't leave the monastery often.

Working with our Master Halindeel made us discover some new uses of our magic. Personally, I have recently felt I should be able to strangle someone without touch him. I hope I won’t do it unintentionally like with my first telekinesis. It would be dangerous or very troublesome. Meanwhile, Soito has discovered he can get a supernatural protect against physical and magic attacks. He has a little more time to practice his magic than me cause I have to ride Raghnall every day, and he don’t has any elk. But I don’t regret it. It is so great !     

Asgorim. 8nd month of my 19th year. 

Dayton

Character Info
The Fyal Nian is a famous elfic martial art practiced by the monks of Endapano.

Greetings Goddess of Love !

Something important happened to me today. I was practicing my Fyal Nian, looking for reach a perfect harmony. But more I tried, less I succeeded. Our master told us about: “The Harmony don’t let catch itself like that. You can’t have the Harmony, but the Harmony can visit you. Don’t try to catch it, but welcome it.” He told this to us often, and I listened each time. But maybe without understand ? However, this time was different. I eared his words differently. For the first time, I agreed the idea to renounce to my goal, to give up one’s the result. I have let get of my desire of success, my intention. And I have continued the exercise, staring the "now", without no more goal… As time went on, my mind become quieter, and my gestures more free, less controlled, like I was not really doing something myself but that I was a spectator… And soon, the unexpected happened: The Harmony was here… Everywhere, soaking all with its incredible perfection. I watched my perfect gestures with wonder, feeling the Harmony at work inside and around me. It was like each of my movements touched the whole World. I don’t had the Harmony, of course ! That was It who had me, and us, and all. That not lasted a long time… My Mind came back and the desire of control with it. Then, the Harmony has get away. But it was a great moment. A unforgettable experience. When my mind was coming back, with my ambition, my desire to do well, to succeed, to become powerful, and that drove away the Harmony, I saw that Harmony was possible only because of the Humility, only into the Humility. That’s really a unexpected lesson. I don’t know if I am already ready to be humble. I believe I am not yet. But now, I know that I will have to become humble, or to give up to the harmony.

Really, Thank you Goddess for this lesson today.

Asgorim. 1nd month of my 20th year.