Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Journal of a Vagrant Vagabond
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
I'm currently sitting on the side of a road. It's pretty quiet and night's falling. I'm feeling a bit listless and homesick so I thought now was the perfect time to start a journal. I hope to look back upon these days fondly as a time of adventure rather than a giant mistake. Leaving home with no plans itsn't really like me, a generally sensible person, but I just had to do something. Getting a job as a bar maid at home and living with my parents until the end of time just doesn't hold any appeal. And that's what would happen if I hadn't have decided otherwise. It's what's expected of a girl with no marrage prospects - not that marrage interests me either.
I want to make some friends, do some good and hopefully make a difference in this world.
I hope that's not too naive of me.
Synthesis.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
A night of good rest at the local Inn has done me good. I feel refreshed and ready to try again. I've only been away from home three days, the first of which I spend traveling. Today I will explore the local area and scout out any opportunities to work or train. I want to expirience things. I want to learn. It was only due to the combined efforts of my parents that I was able to travel here. Quite simply, I MUST become stronger if I am ever to return home. I must somehow learn to use the power I was born with, rather than allow the two halves of myself to fight and destroy their produce before it can bear any useful fruit.
Wish me luck,
Synthesis.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
I left small village for a small town. Here there is a market place and plenty of people milling around.
I recieved a set of tarot cards when I was 14 for my birthday. I learned their meanings but never looked into them further. Today I brought them out to try and earn some money. I only know one card trick but I did it again and again on the people in the street in return for whatever donation they felt like. Sometimes my trick didn't even work but it was usually the people I failed on that gave me the most, generally out of pity. I know I must seem a hopeless sight, just an inch away from begging but I was immensly proud when I used the money I made to buy some food for lunch. I then browsed the marketplace stalls.
Right on the very end of the stalls, an aging man sat without a table Before him was a rug covered in all manner of odds and ends and in a pot next  to him was a few silver coins. He beckoned me over and asked if I should like to learn a spell. If I wanted, I just had to buy something from him and he'd teach me the spell for free. I bought three things: A bag, a pack of Joss Sticks, and a long wooden stick the man called a Bo Staff. He said the latter was for fighting but I dismissed the idea. I thought it would make a surdy walking stick for my travels. For the rest of the day, I sat beside the man on the street while he sold his wares and did everything he said to be a good student. His little money pot was almost full by the end of the day and I had heard all manner of interesting things from the whispering of the plants. I had only learned one spell instead of three but I was thrilled none the less. I could commune with nature! And I couldn't help but notice he never offered to teach spells to anyone else.
"Come back tomorrow and I will teach you another one." he said.
Tonight I wont have enough money to sleep in an Inn. I spent everything at the market. I'm happy none the less lying beneath the stars with my friend, the grass, tickling my ears. I'm going to save anything I earn tomorrow, though.
Synthesis.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Today, I spent all morning performing my one card  trick for pennies. In the afternoon the old man, who had taught me yesterday, showed me how to help plants grow around me. It was pretty tiring work and you could only just see the grass I focused on start to stretch upward ever so slightly. The man assures me that it's all just a case of building up stamana and I'll be sprouting trees in no time. I don't believe that for a second - this is gonna take years to master - but I appreciate the encouragement all the same.
I bought a tinderbox off of him at the end of the day, figuring I'd have enough money for a room at the Inn if I didn't buy anything else and it would come in handy. It's a shame that I forgot about food because now I'm hungry. At least I'll appreciate lunch tomorrow after I've earnt it performing my card trick - again. Tomorrow's my last day of learning with the old man, and then I expect I'll move on to the next place and see what fate brings me.
I hope I can find another way to pay my way in the future, other than street performing for an audience that tosses me small change out of pity.
Synthesis.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
On the next day of me learning from the old man, he had me learning how to heal. I was sorting the bruses, knicks and ailments of all the customers who bought something from him. By the end of the day I had a headache and felt even more feeble than usual.
"This way everyone will feel better, having been to my stall, than than they did before. You learn. I earn. Everybody wins!" He grinned. I agreed subduedly. When the day was over, the man said he would teach me one more thing, because of the tinderbox I bought from him yesterday. He said it could only be learnt at night so dispite my condition, I stayed with him and allowed him to teach me "Parvpora's Sight". It was easier than what I'd been doing all day but I think I could definitly have done better if it weren't for the circumstance.
The old man dismissed me only a few hours before dawn. He said to get some sleep and to come see him in the morning before I left. In my dazed state I couldn't remember when I'd told him I planned on leaving. I thanked him and stumbled to bed.
This morning I staying in bed until room service game to chuck me out so that they could clean. That must have been around midday. I went to see the man with my bag with all my possessions in slung over one sholder and my Bo Staff held like a walking stick in the other. I planned hitch on the back of somebody's cart if I could, otherwise I would have had to walk.
The man gave me a thick green cloak and told my with complete solumness that I was a "Druid" now. He had chosen me to pass on his skill to and I had an obligation to continue the work of him and his kind. I must protect the natural world from the greed of men. That sounded just fine to me; something I might do anyway. I assured him I would. He seemed satisfied by that and gave me a folded green cloak which had been one of his wares since the second day. I  briefly wondered where he got his stock from but pushed the thought aside.
In regard to the cloak: "Stick it in your bag, young miss, and get going. I expect to year tales of a young Druid so powerful that they wonder in awe what her mentor must have been like!" He was joking of course. But that didn't stop me from wanting that too. I did as I was told and now I'm huddled on the back if a cart, bumbing along. I don't think the driver knows I'm on board so I have to stay quiet. At least I have an opportunity to catch up on sleep.
Synthesis.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
When I went to take out the cloak that my mentor had given me, I found wrapped inside it an old tome. The pages were slightly yellowed and the cover was mottled grean like moss. On the front was a picture of a tree within a circle.
Inside were pages and pages of hand written text on the natural world, flora, fauna, elemental magics, healing and the tiniest bit on magical theory. Much basic knowledge was assumed that I didn't know but with my time practice and dedication, I reckoned I could use this book to teach myself many things. I even allowed myself to dream briefly of becoming powerful and wise, like mother and father. I smiled. But either way, with this I had the means to forge forward on my own. This sort of thing was why I was traveling in the first place. To learn, expirience and grow in my own way.
Illusory Angel.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
It has been much time since I last wrote so I will try to condence my expiriences into as short a piece of writing as possible. Besides, the light is failing and I don't wish to use magic to enhance my sight just before sleep.
I have been almost constantly on the move and rarely passed through the same place twice on my travells. The world is just so big! I have also met many people, most of whome I have had to part ways with and have not seen since. Very exitingly, I have learnt a great deal about the workings of people, magic and the world. I am as poor as the day I started out on the road, unfortunatly, but I have learned to haggle with proficiency and have enhanced my character judgement skills immencely. For example, I no longer speak to people in darks ally ways. To be honest, I can hardly believe I once did that. Whatever was I thinking! I have also found that the most trustworthy people seem to walk with purpose rather than stand still, with taverns as the only exception to the rule. Even in markets the people who linger at stalls seem to be the less reputable sort. I do try to keep an open mind and give all different kinds of people a chance to prove themselves honourable but it usually ends in trouble for me so I guess I need to keep working on my caution. It's a shame really but I suppose I am better off paranoid and alive than trusting and dead.
On the positive side, I have been able to make many friends, which I mentioned before, and with each of them I have learned and grown a great deal. For example, I met a dragon named Vinsue who helped me learn to throw fire and a human named Shiloh, who I cooperated with to avoid the harsh and real possibility of slow or sudden death underground.
I think life is very amazing, exiting and varied when you have no rules and no commitments to tie you down. Life seems to bend to your wishes when you am free rather than beat you down. I can relax or work whenever want and I can go anywhere I please. I am happy to report that as yet I have not come to regret my decision to leave home. I am only hungry for more expiriences and more of what life has to offer… once I have had my rest, that is. I feel like I have walked miles today and therefore must sleep. Whatever is next for me, it can wait until I am ready to face it.
Good night,
Synthesis.