Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Whispers of the Fates (R)
Komorebi

Character Info
Name: Calypso
Alignment: CG
Race: Halfling (Orc/Giant)
Class: Oracle
Silver: 4
Disclaimer: This is the only thread I will ever use first person POV

Episode One: The Black Cave

It was dark, and cold. I woke up in the dankness of a cave, stalactites melting every so slowly, the constant, slow, drip, drip, drip ringing in my ears.
Where am I?
My first thought.
Who am I?
My second.
I could recall nothing, nothing of who I was, what I was, where I was, what had happened to me. Silently, I thanked the Gods I had still the ability to think, understand, walk and talk. I did recall a name. Calypso. Perhaps it was my name. Is my name. I adopted it as such, anyways. I sat up, and clutched my side in pain. It was too dark to see any damage: but I was badly injured, that much was certain. I wouldn't be able to leave the cave for at least a few days. My eyes slowly adjusted to the black cave, and I could make out the spires of stalagmites scattered around me, and stalactites looming overhead. It was a small cave, big enough to be a temporary den for a small bear, perhaps. I looked around me. I had very little, I saw. A shoddy staff resting against a large rock which looked as if it hadn't been used in decades. Plain, dirt-covered-and-moldy robes were in a hasty bundle beside me. I shivered and realized I was naked. I quickly slipped on the robes, appreciating the little warmth they gave me.
I crawled a few feet towards the staff, resting my weight on it as I slowly, painfully stood. I couldn't stay in the cave any longer, if I didn't want to die of hypothermia or starvation.
Using the staff as a walking stick to place my weight on, i stood, my head brushing against the cave ceiling. I realized now the cave wasn't small, I was simply large. I hobbled a few steps forward, traveling blindly through the darkness. At last I saw a small opening in the cave, leading to the brightly lit outside. I trudged towards the light, losing strength with every step; but I continued on, until I could pull myself up through the entrance.
I crawled out of the cave and fell to the ground, landing upon hard dirt and dead, spiky grass. I rested for a moment, my breath labored, and became blinded by the piercing sunlight. I cried out and covered my eyes. After a moment, I dared to peek through my hands.
That was a mistake.

Other accounts:

Meraki