Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Nisshoki > The Perfect Tool [Open,R]
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
It was a rare treat for him to come onto the mainland, especially to such an exotic place such as Nisshoki but there was a great purpose behind it. It had been some time ago that he sought out one of the best blacksmiths this land had to offer and struck up a fitting arrangement. Being a man that fancied the art of the sword, Nemesis wanted a blade for himself that would prove more reliable than any he had ever wielded. The time to collect had been soon, today actually, and like a child craving that shiny new toy, he had wished to see what the finished product was. Strolling through the city, he kept his profile low as both a night dweller and of a God. Out in plain view, he was a simple man that appeared to carry himself with the poise nobles were taught at an early age. His face was mostly concealed by his hat and his body covered by his coat. Aside from a few wandering stares, he was left alone as his eyes shifted constantly- it was a first-time visit on his part, perhaps not the last. He was aware of the history of the country and how honor was above all, complete with the code of the warrior as they called it. In some regards, he could understand and respect it though his dark heart had long since forgotten his chivalry. Heavy boots led him to the blacksmith's place felt the outrageous heat bursting into his face the moment he stepped towards it.

Removing his hat, Nemesis glanced around, his eyes taking to the wares that were crafted and hung up on the surrounding walls. Several swords of foreign makes and forms stood out to one that was used to straight blades and fell into awe. "See anything you'd like?", a voice called to him. "A collector of swords, I presume?"

The vaewolf chuckled amongst himself before he turned to see an older gentleman with a leather apron. There was a good chance that this was the man he had made the arrangement with despite never having met face to face. "No, I don't merely see them as toys. They are weapons and I have some good experience with them in the past." 
He smiled and took a low bow. "I am Lord Volkov, and I'm here to pick up my order personally."

The old man took a few seconds, stroking at his beard before slowly nodding. "Ah, yes. Your request has been fulfilled…" He made his way into a room in the back, out of sight for a minute or two before he returned with a long, narrow case. He set it aside onto a nearby table and Nemesis reached into his pockets and placed a large bag of coins onto it. The blacksmith opened the case and beckoned him to draw closer so he did. His crimson eyes laid onto a beautifully crafted katana with a slight curve. Simple, yet powerful it felt the moment he took it into his hands. "With the materials, you had so graciously contributed, I had some minor trouble with the metal but in time I was able to make what you wished for. Tell me, Lord Volkov, where did you manage to find such a strange thing?"

Nemesis ignored him for a moment as he removed one of his gloves and ran an exposed fingertip against the sharp steel. It sliced into his flesh effortlessly, drawing out a river of blood. Satisfied, he ran a bit of magic to heal his finger and set the sword back into the case and closed it up. It was perfect, in his mind. The craftmanship was undeniable and it would simply just be the start of things to come. "In due time, I will share the secret with you, but only if you will accept further request from me." The old man nodded and the vaewolf bowed again before he took his possession and placed the hat back on. "Farewell for now", he spoke as he was making his way out of the shop. 

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Caroline Einsecc

Character Info
Name: Caroline Einsecc
Alignment: LN
Race: Half-human
Class: Healer
Silver: 654
Nisshoki was an honorable city and was one of the only places where she would find a corpse intact. Although the place had values, it still had homeless people dying either by some random person, starvation, or some other means. It was the honor code that prevented these bodies from being messed with. In Vilpamolan or any other city, the corpse would have been mangled or stolen from. Only Nisshoki would leave the corpse intact. Caroline scoured the alleys and poorer areas of the cities. When she entered an alleyway next to a sword shop. The corpse belonged to a homeless man who was still clutching a sign in his hands. It was untouched. Perfect for what she needed. But moving corpses to her laboratory would be almost impossible. The Horitshi kept their eyes out for this kind of behavior. They had stopped her beforehand because her white hair was suspicious and would most certainly check a large bag with a bad smell. So, she was forced to perform her experiment in an dirty alleyway. 

After taking out her surgical equipment and putting on gloves, she began dissecting the corpse. The brain was carefully removed and she used her magic to preserve the body. She reached into her bag and pulled out a jar with a living brain. The brain had been preserved through the jar and a spell. It couldn't see, hear, smell or use any of its natural senses. Caroline removed it from the jar and began to inaugurate it into the body of the corpse. After installing the brain, she quickly but carefully removed the heart and replaced it with a preserved beating heart. The magic would last forever so she had to work fast. The heart was in the corpse. The last step was to bring the rest of the body back to life. She used her healing magic to repair the rest of the body. Soon, the corpse which was once dead began moving again. The eyes opened up to see Caroline and its hand reached out towards her. But instead of reaching back, Caroline merely took notes in a notebook. 

"Can you speak?" She asked. 

"I.I…what? I feel so strange." The corpse spoke, "Wait! Where am I? Who are you?"

"Your name?" Caroline asked, not looking up from her notes. 

"Emily…." The corpse looked down at her body and her eyes widened in horror, "This this isn't my body! What have you done to me?!"

As Caroline suspected, the soul of the previous heart and brain had been attached to the organs. She had taken them from a dying woman and placed them into a different corpse. The repairing of the body took more work than she liked and far more magic than what she'd been expecting. However, the corpse was living and was Emily, even though the body wasn't. And as expected, the subject had little memory of what happened when they were alive. Or at least, had a delayed memory. 

"We need to get you back to my laboratory now that you're up and running." Caroline suggested. 

"No way! I won't let you do anything else to me!" The corpse shouted. 

The corpse, which looked like a pale thin homeless man, ran towards the sword shop and fell just before the door. Caroline had been careful to choose a body that had died of starvation. She had given it enough energy to live but only for a short time. If the corpse had ever gotten away from her, it would die before it got the chance to even speak of the horrors she'd done. The corpse fell onto the ground, dead, clinging to the handle of the door. Caroline cleaned herself off, packed up, and walked over to the corpse. She realized that the stranger trying to leave was being blocked by the corpse. 

"Apologies." She said as she picked it up, "My friend falls asleep all over the place." 

It would be about 7 minutes before the Horitshi arrived after a notification. More than enough time to slip away. 

What we learn can unlock the true potential of this universe.