Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Nisshoki > Come on #32 [R/P]
Effie Godfrey

Character Info
Name: Effie Godfrey
Alignment: LN
Race: Demon-Touched Human
Class: Demon-Pact User
Silver: 2392
Etsuji looked pleasantly surprised. “That’s good to hear.” He also looked rather relieved. “Things might be dangerous for a little bit until we can conclude our investigation. I just want you all to know that for the time being the guards can’t do anything until something happens.”

Effie perked up a bit and folded her hands in her lap. Her eyes looked to Genjiro and back to Etsuji. “I’ll train Genjiro.”

It came as a shock to Enya who had never really known Effie to be a fighter. She had never seen the sparring in the mornings between Effie and Aelos. “You would do that Effie?”

“It’s either that or Genjiro runs away with you and marries you on a whim.” Effie lazily shrugged. “My father once told me that people ran away all the time to break deals like the one with Enya. Damaged goods as one would say. Father was often the reason why the women got out of marrying. Training him sounds a lot better than making two kids get married.”

Enya stuck out her lip. “We’re not that much younger than you.”

Effie sighed a bit and leaned over patting her head. “Situations often cause people to grow up faster. I’m three years older but I’ve had to deal with a lot more. I feel its better if you two continue being free for a bit longer from things like that nature.”

Etsuji rubbed his chin for a moment. “I suppose that is a good compromise. I’ll make sure to let our grandparents know… Judging from the look on Enya’s face she isn’t going anywhere.” The little blonde had managed to cling to Genjiro at that point refusing to move from her spot. “Don’t let Enya outside until I can get the paperwork back to you. It’s important that her being here stays a secret for the time being.”

Kagutsuchi

Character Info
Name: Genjiro
Alignment: CG
Race: Oni
Class: Swordsman
Silver: 0
A lot of stuff was said, but the gist of it was as long as his mom and dad said they would let Enya live with them she wouldn't have to marry someone as old as her grandpa. Either way it was good news to him, and he hugged Enya with a big smile. "See, I told you it'd be ok! You can stay with us as long as you want until your grandparents make sure your aunt and uncle can't take you." Of course he didn't know this until now, but he was great at bluffing. Half of it was due to his own natural charisma. Then the real surprise came–Effie saying she'd train him. To be honest, he never thought about training until she said it. His big bro never sparred with him and he didn't have much interest in learning combat. But now that Enya needed protection, that wasn't such a bad idea. Effie's offhand comment on the alternative mostly went over his head, but he caught a few tidbits. Come to think of it…wasn't this 'legal guardianship' stuff related to the household the person was under? If Enya got married, then she wouldn't be under her aunt and uncle's household anymore…

That train of thought was interrupted when Enya's cousin told them to that until things were finalized, her living here had to be a secret. "So in other words, Enya has to stay inside and keep a low profile until we get the ok from her grandpa and grandma." Nui mumbled. Yukari nodded in confirmation, but it was clear that everybody would have to start making preparations in case they were suspected again. Genjiro patted Enya on the head as things were looking up. Rashomaru then added, "From now on, if you need anything let us know. We'll do our best to help." While the two lovebirds were happy with just having each other, everybody else knew the fight had begun. When it was time for Etsuji to leave, Enya and Genjiro were hidden and Yukari added more complete alterations to her concealment spells. Scent was now erased, though she told Effie and Nui she might have to leave in a few days' time to obtain more powerful enchantments. Her magic was strong, but she couldn't leave anything to chance. More advanced protection against scrying and other arcane means of detection would be necessary. And with their numbers growing, the inside of the house would require changes that couldn't be seen from the exterior.

Now that the worst was over, Masashi let out a long-held sigh and everyone finally had a much-needed breakfast. They would have to continue their routine as usual to avoid detection. Masashi and Yukari would keep working at the restaurant while his big brother and Effie would help, and he would stay at home. This wasn't unusual as Genjiro wasn't very adept at the art of cooking, and they got nervous at the thought of him handling knives. Nui would be the main method of monitoring activity while the most of them worked, as she had her own house but only came by as a visitor. "Just think of it like this–you're gonna be Enya's personal bodyguard until she's safe. Got it, Genjiro?" The fox girl said, to which he nodded.