Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Nisshoki > To Make a House a Home [P]
Cymbel

Character Info
Name: Cymbel Belerian
Alignment: LG
Race: Fey
Class: Swordmage
Silver: 0
Cymbel wasn't entirely sure that this man had honest intentions. Dragon whelps were a rarity, and a lot of people wouldn't mind getting their hands on one as a novelty pet. Also there was the matter of his…credibility, for a lack of a better term. He had arranged the meeting to be in a public place so he could test if whoever replied really was the owner or not. "Oh, I'm sorry–I thought that you were the owner. I was hoping I'd meet the person whom it belonged to in person. …I'm sure you understand. I just want to make sure I hand it off to the right person." Cymbel tried to act with more confidence. He had to if wanted to see if this man was telling the truth or not. "So this friend of yours, what are they like? What did they say in describing their pet?" He was a bit worried as the man already seemed to know the whelp's gender, but didn't let it show on his face.

Stalling wasn't a tactic he liked to use, but if this man was patient enough to pass through the questions he was either very cunning or truly had good intentions. For now, he would begin drawing as much information as he could out of him. It was for the whelp's sake, he told himself. He didn't want the creature to be sent to someone who would abuse it.

"Fairies will promise you everything, but they always lie. Each and every one of them is a great and terrible beauty."
Vinsue2

Character Info
Name: Aqua Aura
Alignment: TN
Race: Dragon
Class: explorer
Silver: 901
"Aye, fair anouph questions. The owner goes by the name Silvertail. She comes to vaphavin once a moon cycle. In that time she is known to cause havic on slave owners and traders. She is a human that uses fire and electricity to her advantage. Last mouth she showed up with a hatching and asked if anyone had sean a similar one." He said. 

"Her pet responds to Aqua but the one thst was stolen was an egg at the time but should respond to a whistle she does." He took a swallow of the water. 

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Cymbel

Character Info
"So that's its name then… Finding the other will be very challenging, I imagine." Knowing it responded to a whistle was incredibly vague information, but he could try to see which one of the two he had found. Apparently the owner was a sorcerer of some sort, and one who was a bit of a vigilante against injustice. Sadly this would be no help in determining what he wished to know. "Would you mind perhaps relaying a message for me to her about this? I'd like her to come and retrieve her pet herself. It would make me feel more at ease seeing her take it than to hope and pray it arrives safely. Sometimes…things don't always happen as planned, so I'd like to reduce as much possibility of the unexpected if I can."

Yes, he knew he was being stubborn and possibly making this inconvenient, but he had to be sure. The little whelp was innocent and young. It would easily trust anyone who showed it kindness, which was dangerous. He wasn't sending it into the hands of someone who wanted the latest fad in pets, only to discard it when it went out of style. He had seen enough strays on the streets for that.

"Fairies will promise you everything, but they always lie. Each and every one of them is a great and terrible beauty."
Vinsue2

Character Info
"The next time she will be seen is in a week in pirate haven just before sundown. I can relay the message but um… well yeah see she will not be happy to know that I found the hatchling and did not get it." He went silent half wishing that the water was a very strong drink. "Think you can come and deliver her your self if ya do not trust me. or at least let me see the hatchling," He said. he was good at hiding his fear but he knew the anger the woman had and had seen ships destroyed just cause of simple things.

"Silvertail will not be happy but a bit relieved. Just Bring the child to moonlight bar in pirate haven by sundown in 3 days," he said deciding it best not to try and talk to silvertail knowing that she would flip at that thought. 

Cymbel

Character Info
"Moonlight Bar, Vilpamolan… Could you draw up a map for the general area around it? I'd rather not make a wrong turn in a place like that." Three days was a very narrow time frame. Could he make it in time? Perhaps if he found someone willing to open a portal for him, but even airships took at least two days' when moving with all engines roaring. And he didn't have that kind of money to make such a request. He had no idea who this 'Silvertail' was, but it probably could be a lycan or something non-human by deduction. "It might seem a foolish question, but why not have her come here to pick up her pet? Any particular reason why?" If someone was desperate enough they would run to the ends of the earth to bring back something precious to them. This person didn't seem too concerned otherwise. But that was just conjecture. His bigger concern was keeping the whelp from getting sidetracked and handing it off safely to its owner. Hopefully it would trust him enough to be willing.

Vinsue2

Character Info
He grabbed a napkin before drawing up a map of vilpamolan docks on it as well some streets and buildings. He circled one and slid the map over. He than explained that it was easy to find the pears and all that. Than almost laughed at the question.

"You got it wrong she would come without doubt. I just don't wanna be the one to say. Hay i may have found your pet but i left it. The person that has it will only give it up if you meet them."

He shook his head. He was giving of the wrong impression. 

Cymbel

Character Info
Taking the map, he nodded. "Alright then. I'll do my best to make it there within three days' time. If you meet her before then, please tell her that I'm on my way." When the meeting was over, he returned home once his shift was over. Before closing up shop he asked his employer if he could be given a few days of vacation time early. To explain, he said he needed to return a missing item to someone and wanted to ensure it reached its intended recipient safely. Also he would make up whatever work hours he missed, even if it meant working overtime. He was granted permission, and brought a wicker cage with him. Doing his best to line it with comfortable cloth and cushioning, he tried to coax the whelp inside.

"Here, a little something for you." Placing some fresh fruit and a meat bun inside, he waited for the dragon youngling to go in. "I'll be taking you to your owner soon, so please don't worry. I'm sorry I couldn't have them come to take you themselves, but I believe they will be better equipped to care for you where they are." Should it enter the padded carrying basket, he would gently breathe out a puff of misty vapor towards it. Once breathed in, it would cause whoever was exposed to it to become drowsy and fall into a deep sleep.

Vinsue2

Character Info
Aqua was cautious of thae cage. She knew not to go into an aria with less than 2 ways out. Instead of going to the food she circled the cage a few times before sitting at the door and looking at cymbal. She titled her head before looking back at the cage and at the food. She eventually climed in and started eating. 

She did not spook at the mist because she was use to the cave being full of smoke from fire. 

Befor she knew what was happening the world seamed to spin and ahe tryed to get out of the cage but walked into a wall before sitting and falling onto her side. The would blurred than went dark as she fell asleep.