Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Nisshoki > Land of the Blue Sun
Melianme

Character Info
Name: Aisling Melianme
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard/Warlock
Silver: 635
The warm summer sun was high above them herding the clouds across the sky like fluffy white sheep across the blue hill that was the expanse far above them. It would have been unbearably hot if it hadn't been for the salty sea breeze that was coming off the ocean in the distance. 

Aisling was grateful for the breeze that tossed the straggling strands of her golden blonde hair out of her face. It was nice feeling, and the half elf looked over at her companion. "I am actually really looking forward to reaching the city. I hear Ataiyo has some of the most amazing dresses and some of the most beautiful music to be heard in the world. Are you as excited as I am?" Aisling asked the Rosenite woman. "I do hope that Ramla is having luck finding a place," she added as she looked ahead. "It's festival season, so I think that there will be a lot of people coming int to visit," she pointed to a group that had gathered further up on the road. 

She let her brow furrow. "Wait a minute… why are people gathering like that? You don't think someone has gotten hurt, do you?" she asked looking at the group. She felt the impulse to run and she went with it, motioning for Holly to join her. She jogged up to where the group was gathering and tried to see over the shoulders of those gathered. 

Holly

Character Info
Name: Holly
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Bard
Silver: 323
Holly was glad to have her friend by her side. “I’m excited. I haven’t been to Ayaito in a long time. You remember me telling you about Naota? We fooled around here.” She chuckled and laughed with her friend as they had their arms linked. “It is a beautiful city! I hope so too, by the time we get there my feet are going to be killing me.”

Once they laid their eyes on the crowd she frowned. “I certainly hope not! That is absolutely terrifying to think of.” She let go and ran with her. For a moment or two she couldn’t hear what was ahead. Suddenly the words began to be shouted out among the crowd.

“Have you all not paid for the sins of the World Tree? The evil that was in this land has been purged yet you deny that good can still come from the Gods! Lady Angela would gift you plenty. She would give food and shelter! She would give home to all orphans!”

“Oh.. my…” Holly had a frown on her face as she dragged Aisling through the crowd. Standing up on a high spot was a particular handsome man. Holly let go and folded her arms. The man had salt and pepper hair and the grandest green eyes this side of the coast. “ASH ROSE YOU GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW.”

It started the paladin until he lost his balance and fell off the high spot. “Serves you right! That is so dangerous.” Holly took his bag and began to beat him with it. “Are you out of your ever loving mind? Preaching over here? Seriously? How dumb can you be?”

“Holly! HOLLY!” He put his hands up to protect himself. “You there FLOWER, please get my sister off of me.” He beckoned Aisling to get the Rosenite off of him.

The very core of life
Is soaring higher of truth and light

OOC: I am a Brittlez :3
Melianme

Character Info
Aisling was bumped and jostled as Holly pulled her through the crowd to where a young man, maybe a couple years older than herself and Holly was standing on the flat of the low wall that lined the road. She had to admit, he was rather handsome, despite the fact that he seemed to be graying prematurely, which actually did add a sense of maturity to his look. His eyes were the most striking, and she had only seen such eyes on two people; Holly, and her mother, the Goddess, Angela. 

It was quite clear that this had to be one of Holly's brothers, and it was confirmed when Holly yelled at him. Clearly he hadn't been expected, and when the knight, or paladin as that was what he was, came tumbling off his high spot to land in a heap at Holly's feet. Aisling looked on in amusement as Holly proceeded to beat her brother with her backpack in a way that could only be described as a sibling fight. 

Suddenly he was pointing at her as Holly continued to beat and berate him for being foolish for trying to preach the Gods to the people of Parvpora, and begging her to help get Holly off of him. 

"Oh no, I know better than to step between siblings. By the way, I have a name. It's Aisling, not Flower. And you should really listen to your sister. She's right, trying to preach the Gods here is just painting a target on your back," she told him with a smile. "Though I do think he's been brought off his high horse. Let him up Holly, the group is dispersing," she pointed out as the group had clearly moved on from the deific claptrap that had been spewed. She reached down and offered her hand to Ash. 

"Though, I will admit, it is a pleasure to meet Holly's brother."

Ash

Character Info
Name: Ash
Class: Paladin
Silver: 210
He rolled around on the ground as Holly continued to bring the bag down on him. “Please Holly!” He begged before the mighty Flower helped him out. He took a sigh as he stared in between the two. He got up onto his feet and began to dust his armor off. “Someone has to preach over here. It’s not that I’m stupid like my sister says. It is much more than them just recognizing the gods.”

He came over to Aisling and took her hand kissing it. “I am Ash, Paladin to the Queen and Goddess Angela. You have to understand.” He put his hand on her’s as he spoke. “So many homeless and so many people going hungry. They could avoid it all if they would just let my mother help.” His eyes were full of passion as he let her hand go.

“I call you Flower because you remind me of a buttercup in the first ray of sun during the morning hours back home. Firm and beautiful you stand.” Holly rolled her eyes as he spoke. 

“Don’t let him suck you in. He learned from my mother how to speak.”

“How dare you! I would never dream of hurting this beautiful flower! Or even treating her as if she were meat. You are absolutely terrible Holly!” Ash gave Aisling a smile and bowed. “It is my duty to protect everyone around. My powers are yours to use Lady Aisling.” Holly once again rolled her eyes.

“Your comparison to a weed is hardly impressing her.”

“Buttercups, I will have you know. Are the most delicate of all FLOWERS our mother tends to grow. They sing with a voice so heavenly it would make the most gifted bards bow down. Lady Aisling reminds me of them for some reason.” Once more he took her hand and kissed it. “Do not listen to my sister. If you knew the buttercups the way I do, you would be in love with them as well.” He took a moment and smiled. "If I were to have any say about the type of flower Fair Aisling looks like, it would be the delicate Daylilly. You who shine brightest when your time comes."

Melianme

Character Info
Aisling gave Ash an amused smile as he lifted her hand and pressed his lips to the top of her knuckles. "I understand full well. But trying to force Gods on those who turned against the gods so long ago… it's a battle you cannot win," Aisling pointed out. 

When compared to a buttercup, Aisling clearly did not appear impressed, and it registered on her face. Though, he did add flattery to the comparison and that made her blush a little bit. 

"With a tongue like that you could have made a good name for yourself as a bard," Aisling commented lightly as her hand was released by the paladin. Aisling raised an eyebrow as the two siblings had their little exchange before Ash's attention came back to her vowing that his powers were hers for protection.

Holly's comment about a buttercup being a weed actually mirrored Aisling initial feelings. But then Ash was taking her hand again and explaining his choice for buttercups. Aisling found her incredulity fading, and being replaced with simple warm flattery. "You are good," she added. "I never would have thought that buttercups would have been the bards of the flower world. Are you heading for Ataiyo?" she asked. "If you are, you should travel with us. There is safety in numbers, and since we are one down, we could use the added protection," Aisling suggested. 

Ash

Character Info
Ash watched Aisling for a long while before laughing. “I actually was raised by a bard man. Holly’s father was quite impressive before he left. He couldn’t handle the obligations of having a child.” He was whispering it now. “It’s not fair to Holly that she was abandoned. Most men abandon my mother’s children. It is a damn shame for how much she sacrifices for us. Good women always get hurt the most.” He squeezed her hand lightly as if protective already of her.

His words were good enough to soothe Aisling and he was glad for it as the blush went across her cheek. “You would not believe the personalities in my mother’s garden. Remind me sometime to take you there when you are not busy traveling with my sister.” A warm smile came from him to her.

“Flower, if you are headed to Ayaito then I would gladly follow if it meant protecting you.” Holly let out a noise before the three of them began to walk. “Honestly, I mean it. I could never abandon someone in need. I would fight until my death to protect someone I’ve given my word to. A man is only worth what he is willing to sacrifice to protect the ones he loves.” He stared into her eyes with no lie hiding in them.

“I can’t wait to get to Ayaito and change out of this armor for a time. It is hot here, way more than a thousand Arri suns. I kid, Arri’s heat is way worse than this but plate is terribly uncomfortable to travel in all the time.” He offered a smile.

Making their way to Ayaito, the girls and man found themselves the inn they would be staying at. He changed out of his armor. He had on a plain and simple shirt and pant set. Making his way back to Aisling, he softly took her hand and spun her around. “You know in Ayaito, the bards are always making beautiful music towards the center of town. Would you accompany me for a dance Flower?”

Melianme

Character Info
"At least she had her mother's influence," Aisling replied. "I would have liked to know my mother," she added softly as he squeezed her hand. 

"If I ever get a chance to see it I would love a tour," she smiled back when told that Ash would be willing to take her to the Gardens at some point when their travels were done. 

"It's Aisling, not Flower. And don't go making a pledge to protect me. You barely know anything about me, and frankly it may not be me who needs all the protecting," Aisling chuckled as they walked down the road together, though she knew that he meant no lie in his eyes. 

"If this place is hotter than Arri, then I would love to visit their on vacation some time," the pretty blonde half-elf giggled. "Don't worry, we should be there in just another hour or so," she said with a smile, and giving Holly one too. 

As she had said, it barely an hour before they finally reached Ataiyo, and they found the inn that had been picked out by their fourth yet absent companion. Aisling took the opportunity to wash up and put on a clean dress. She brushed out her braided hair and tied it back again, leaving it mostly down, before she returned to the main room to see about getting some sort of refreshment. She found herself again with her hand in Ash's as he came up from behind her and lightly twirled her around. 

"It's Aisling. And I would be willing to go with you almost anywhere if it meant I got to hear new beautiful music. Though, I warn you, I'm really not much of a dancer," she replied. 

Ash

Character Info
Ash stared at Aisling for a moment and shook his head. “We all have the opposite problem. We would love to know our fathers. Not many stay around or even want us. I’m sure you have seen my mother by now, at least that baby will have a father. Her and Drae are practically stuck to the hips.”

He nodded. “Arri is a complete other world compared to the rest of Revaliir. You would love it. I can tell that you have one of the most free souls I have ever met.” He thought about it for a moment before smiling. “Well if I don’t know you enough to be your Knight in Shining Armor, then tell me more about yourself while we walk.”

He was smooth after they got to Ayaito. He spun her around and smiled at her. “You’ll get use to it Flower. I promise,” he chuckled a bit, “and I can do all the dancing for us. I told you, I was trained by a bard who do you think taught Holly?” He took her out of the inn and into the city. What caught his eye though was a barrel full of flowers. He let go of Aisling for one moment as he picked through them and tossed silver his way.

“Flower you are incomplete without a bouquet as beautiful as you are.” He handed her the freshly picked and blossomed daylillies. “Oh,” he took a daylilly and his dagger cutting it perfectly before tucking one behind her ear. “Perfect. It matches your hair.” He gave her a smile and took her into the bard’s music. Before long he took her free hand and spun her around. “Don’t worry about the flowers, I can have us dance without ruining them.”

Melianme

Character Info
"Aisling," she insisted, but smiled nonetheless. "And if you are the one who taught Holly, then I am sure I have a lot to learn. But if you are willing to teach me, I'd be willing to learn," she said as they began walking towards the town center. She paused when he left her side to collect a bouquet of flowers. She blushed when he offered the daylilies to her and cut one to tuck behind her ear. 

"Thank you. This is very sweet, Ash," she said as they began walking again. "You said you wanted to know more about me… I didn't tell you much on the road," she added. She laughed as Ash spun her around again, the sweet music of the siterns reached her ears. She was careful not to crush the flowers, even though Ash promised he had enough skill to keep them from being crushed. 

You know… if you want, we can do a little exchange. You ask me a question, and then I get to ask you one?" she suggested. "Because I want to get to know you too…" Her pale blue dress swished around her as Ash spun her around. She laughed as they moved with music. "You go first!"

Ash

Character Info
Ash smiled at her name and laughed. “It is much better if I call you Flower. The only thing separating our names is your ling.” He nodded and gave a smirk. “I am always ready to pass on skills I’ve had since I was ten.” He loved the way her blush crossed her face. “Your blush reminds me of the prettiest cosmos I’ve ever seen.” He gently tapped her nose.

“I aim to please Flower.” He walked arm in arm with her and thought on her words. “No, you didn’t. Matter of fact you all but avoided it but yes, I would love to know more about the pretty blonde who did not save me from my sister’s wrath.” He jested as her softly. 

As he twirled her, his green eyes noticed his sister. “One moment.” He took the bouquet and threw it at Holly. “Take good care of that Little Sister. They belong to Flower, I’ll be very made if you crush them.” Holly scoffed at him but nodded as he dipped Aisling low to the music. “Alright, if that is the game you wish to play then I will gladly play it with you.”

They danced to the music well enough. Ash would stop to correct Ashling’s movements and gave her a smile as he twirled her about. “Alright, where do you come from and what is your favorite song from there?” He cheated but he really wanted to know more about her. Perhaps she would forgive him.