Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Sularia > In the Name of Love [P/R]
Cyril

Character Info
Name: Cyril Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Half-Fey
Class: Folklorist
Silver: 232
He had taken the tinkerer's goggles off and his face was a reverse raccoon with the skin around his eyes paler than the rest of him. While Sapphire was applying ointment to his week-old sunburns he sat still after putting the case with the Eternity Rose safely in the middle of a table. Cyril had completely lost track of time with the last leg of his 'quest', not realizing he had been away for so long. Now he noticed Sapphire had been crying and his smile dimmed a little. "I went into the desert outside of Sularia! It was pretty hard without a map, and my wayfinder's widget wasn't much help when every direction is sand. I walked all the way over to the Casimir, but not too close." He hugged her back, patting her head. Then she looked over at the enchanted glass casket with the translucent mysterious flower. "What is that?" She asked him.

He started grinning from ear to ear. "That's what I went out there for–the Eternity Rose! Tempest's grandma and your mother helped me lots, Lady Toya told me where to find it and Lady Angela made this special case for me to carry it in. I'm sorry for not telling you and almost everybody…I wanted it to be a surprise." This was just one of many 'surprises' he had planned for a while, Now that the misunderstandings were cleared and apologies were said, he got up to bring the case over so she could see. Cyril then carefully took the flower out and looked back at her. "I heard someone say that this rose is special because it can tell people if they are soulmates. I don't know much about fate or souls, but I believe this flower wouldn't be legendary if it was wrong." 

Belen's spirit revived and the brunet had already spread the word to Lys, Poppy, and Lys' siblings that his brother was alive. The others had been on their way while Cyril and Sapphire talked and Belen arrived just in time to see the two touch the Eternity Rose together. What happened next could be described as a fairy tale. And there was still more to come once the Eternity Rose gave its answer.

'The noblest art is that of making others happy.'
Sapphire

Character Info
Name: Sapphire Rose-Kyrie
Alignment: CG
Race: Elf Rosenite
Class: Scholar
Silver: 391
Sapphire’s eyes were a little puffy but she hadn’t been worried nearly as much as Belen. Maybe her crying had been more on point because Belen was worrying her more than Cyril being gone. He had even managed to make her faint quite a few times when Belen had told her Cyril was surely dead. Sapphire even managed to faint on the stands luckily Shiloh had managed to catch her. It seemed like the Gods knew what was going on and could at least attempt to curb Belen’s worry.

“Well, I am glad you made it back…” Sapphire smiled at him and looked towards the case once he started to explain exactly what he was doing. “…Cyril…” She was practically speechless. The half Rosenite knew the legend of the rose well. She could see the glass-like petals without color within the enchanted case. It wasn’t a legend because it wasn’t real but because of how hard it was to come across one.

“I… Cyril…” He was apologizing and she didn’t have words for what he had done. Everything made perfect sense now and he had done everything for her. He hadn’t even been able to recognize what they had until well… This was the first time she had realized he recognized it. Sapphire was happy before and happy with how he was. She had been content but now… She felt joyous and it spoke when her eyes were all lit up and she was smiling from ear to ear.

When Cyril offered her the rose to share she reached over and took the stem with him. There, for a split second, was nothing and she felt her heart sink rapidly. Suddenly without missing a second beat the rose not only blew up in color but the rose opened. The colors were shifting wildly at first and soon they calmed down and gently shifted colors after that. Sapphire watched the rose and soon she began to lightly cry. The woman was happy and that was easily seen.

She jumped on Cyril and avoided the rose as not to squish it. “I’m so happy Cyril.”

Meanwhile, outside there was a small gathering of their friends and family. Well… Large if you counted all of Sapphire's family. Effie, Rashomaru, and the others from Parvpora had even made their way there thanks to gate travels from Angela. Speaking of Angela and Shiloh they had their own magic working… and they couldn't wait to see how Sapphire would react.

OOC: Brittlez!
Cyril

Character Info
They held the rose together, and at first nothing happened. Sapphire's eyes told him how she was feeling but he felt that maybe it would take a little more time for it to work. Their patience was rewarded and the flower unveiled the truth, showing the two and many others who had just arrived the miracle of fate. It was just like the one Belle had shown Cyril before the boy went off on his little quest. Sapphire cried and hugged him tight as he did too, burying his face into her purple hair. A full-on crowd was here as the two celebrated, but then Cyril leaned in to whisper in her ear. "Sapphire–there's something else I want you to see! It's outside, come quick!" What could possibly be a greater surprise than bringing back a literal legend? The silver-haired boy said not a word as he put the bloomed Eternity Rose–their Eternity Rose back into the case Angela had made, then gently pulled Sapphire along for his main surprise.

Before he had gone missing, he had asked Chrysanthe to bring him to Onnen to find some gems. The blonde girl helped him get to where he needed to go and brought him back once he had gotten the raw materials. She conveniently forgot to mention any of this to her siblings or friends, having an inkling it was for Sapphire. Instead of making guesses, she sat back and waited to see the whole picture. Cyril then went to Tempest for some of her secret fireworks stash, offering a sizable lump of raw platinum and other 'rocks' he had picked up in his mining adventures. The tools he had used were borrowed from Auron who had been none the wiser on why the boy needed it. Over the course of a few months he had formulated his plan to propose to his girlfriend, but he chose to only put it into motion if the Eternity Rose said they were meant to be. It was a very thoughtful choice on his part, something people often overlooked when it came to Cyril. 

Shiloh had been watching his movements and along with Angela, the area was protected against any 'accidents' that might ruin the big moment. Once Sapphire was outside, fireworks went off in the air, sending colorful sparks and setting the mood. Letting go of her hand, he looked up at the sky with her for a while until he turned and whispered in her ear again. "Sapphire~" When he had her attention he looked like he had something behind his back, then knelt on one knee. Cyril presented a special box that had a wind-up key that caused it to unfurl like a blooming flower bud. Inside was a star-shaped, black opal and tanzanite ring set in platinum–all materials he had obtained himself from his brief trip to the new continent. The box's design was a courtesy from Shiloh, who had made the petals out of inlaid mother-of-pearl. "This is the other surprise I wanted to give you." He said, smiling. "It was hard to keep it a secret, but I couldn't have done it without everyone's help."

Chrys waved at them from the crowd of friends and family gathered here, and there were looks of relief from Rashomaru and Nui. It was true–if it weren't for everyone willing to help him with his odd requests, he wouldn't have been able to make the ring or know where the Eternity Rose was. 

Sapphire

Character Info
Name: Sapphire Rose-Kyrie
Alignment: CG
Race: Elf Rosenite
Class: Scholar
Silver: 391
Sapphire could feel his breath against her as he buried his face in her hair. Her grip strengthened just a bit until he told her there was something else for her to see. “O- Okay,” Sapphire tilted her head as she let go and watched him put the rose away into its case. He was ever gentle pulling her along even though he said to go quickly.

She wiped her eyes with her free hand and perhaps it was for the best as her eyes met all of their loved ones and friends. “Wh–” She was going to ask a question but then the fireworks went off and she was captivated by it. They were the special big ones that were crafted for big events. The way the colors danced in the skies was always mesmerizing. Was something happening?

The orchid haired girl shivered as he whispered her name into her ear. She turned to him slowly as if trying to catch up in the moment but it didn’t look like he would be able to give her enough time. Time just about stood still the moment he was on one knee and she sucked a breath. The box itself was beautiful and still, she hadn’t completely caught up so she could think clearly.

Her slender hands stretched and she turned the key so the box could bloom. When she saw what was inside she didn’t even need to know what he was doing. Large tears were pooling at the corner of her eyes and she listened to his words. There was a slow nod from her and before long she had jumped onto him once more and hugged him tightly.

“Yes… YES!” She hugged him even tighter before kissing him. He took her hand and gently slid the ring onto her finger. She couldn’t believe the amount of work he had put into everything.

Tempest was standing next to Belen with her mouth almost on the floor. “That’s… impressive as all hell.”

Sapphire looked at everyone and wiped her eyes a bit more before giving them a smile. “Thank you, everyone, for helping Cyril!” She kissed her now fiancee once before rubbing her nose against his. “I love you, Cyril.”

Angela looked at Shiloh and chuckled. “This really makes us family now.” There was going to be a lot of planning from here until the wedding she bet.

OOC: Brittlez!
Cyril

Character Info
Shiloh gave a nod, then watched on with a rare look of satisfaction as the final act of Cyril's proposal came to a close. Cheers and shouts came from the gathered friends and family, while Belen looked on in horror in realization of what a fantastic job his brother had pulled off. He might have his head in the clouds, but when it was his time to deliver–he delivered! Sapphire cried tears of joy and accepted, they hugged again and they kissed. The fireworks were still going, and this time the sparks were in all colors of the rainbow for this momentous event. The clattering of hooves and wheels signaled the arrival of a pearly-white pumpkin carriage of exquisite Horae craftsmanship. Drawn by a group of Angela's white and gold-maned nightmare horses, it was bedecked with fragrant flowers and vines in white and purple. Waving at everyone all the way, Cyril walked with his girlfriend up to the carriage, then opened the door for her. Once they were both seated, the door closed and the newly-engaged pair rode off into the midday sun. 

While Belen was faced with a new crisis, Genjiro looked on with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. Rashomaru and Nui were simply amazed, but Cyril's incredible display had given the younger Kaname boy an idea… Now that Sapphire and Cyril were officially engaged, the gears of fate would be turning even faster than before. Little did they know what things had been set into motion by this declaration of love, and the Kaname household would face their greatest challenges yet. Meanwhile, Shiloh still processing what to do now that she and Arri's former Red Queen were now going to be in-laws. Cymbel was wholeheartedly happy for his son, and was eager to hear what Angela had in mind for the wedding. He and his wife's wedding had been a private affair, but there would be much to do with the sheer vastness of the Rose family.