Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Kirika Lake > Pity on the Young [P]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
Akira been traveling for long time, now. Akira so tired. There was this guy who saw Akira. He was nice. Gave Akira food, place to sleep. Said, in morning, he go on trip to place called Soolerya. Akira remember a nice place start with Sool, so could be same place? Akira ask if Akira join, guy said yes, give his little girl company.

At first, trip fun. We play in leaves, grass. We run after squirrels. Giggle and tell stories. Air got hotter, and grass turn to gold sand. It stretch forever! Sun melted into sand, glowing in the distance. Laughs quieted, running stopped, we stayed in shaded wagon all day. Nights were cold, though. How can Akira be sooo hot one minute, shiver the next?

Five days we endure hot sand. Just before cold night number five, we reached Soolerya. Akira no can find happiness for finding my favorite city again. Akira felt bad. Tired, head hurt, tummy felt funny. Akira felt hot and terrible. Feet drag as Akira walk, not in straight. No know how, but Akira walk out of town, no aware of where go.

See house in front of Akira. Maybe Akira go there? Akira need help. Just a few more steps… So tired, Akira falls, too far from house… Akira sleep here then. Air cold.

CelesteJN

Character Info
Name: Celeste Nash
Alignment: CN
Race: Elvish
Class: Water seeress
Silver: 387
Dusk was a perfect night for a run. Larka had yet to come home from her bounty hunts. This one had ended up taking Larka away for several days, and Celeste had assured her she would be fine alone. She would have Reika with her, and Lirin was in the area for awhile. Her sister had left earlier today, promising to be back again sometime soon. Thus, Celeste was attempting to stay on some kind of regiment to further develop her body to where she was before the unfortunate situation.

Reika was doing well keeping up with her the more often they go together. The tiger's progress pleased the elf. They were coming home when Reika suddenly stopped, sniffing the air. "Reika? What is it girl?" Soon, she let out the most adorable little yowl and was off and Celeste darted after her. After a short distance, something white seemed to glow in the darkening landscape. It wasn't long after this that Celeste realized that it was the shape of a little girl. Concerned, Celeste rapidly closed the distance and  fell to her knees next to the small heap.

Vitals were checked, and Celeste breathed a sigh of relief. "Still alive. Come, lets get her inside, Reika." Scooping the child up, holding her close, the elf walked the rest of the way home. The child was burning up, her skin hot to the touch. "She's sick…" Once they got to the house, Celeste put the child on the couch and covered her with a blanket, Reika electing to lay with her. There was a flurry of activity in the rooms beyond. When the elf returned to the child's side, she had several different bowls and tools.

First, she took a steeped cup of herbs formulated for reducing fevers and got some the liquid into the girl's mouth. Painstakingly, she coaxed more and more into her until the cup was depleted. Then she helped cool the child further by patting her forehead with a damp, cool cloth. Time dragged on, and the by the time Larka finally did come home, she'd be greeted with an unusual sight.

Celeste had curled up around the silver haired, rosy cheeked child, holding her close under the blanket. It was obvious the child needed to get cleaned up, but Celeste didn't feel comfortable doing that just yet. Reika was in a ball behind the bend of Celeste's knees, nose tucked under a paw as she cat napped. All three girls were sound asleep.

Larka

Character Info
Name: Larka Nash
Race: Human
Class: Berserker
Silver: 0
The bounties had gone well, the only people who had died were the ones that were supposed to and the pay had been good.  Three bounties all in a row to take down a gang, knock off their leaders and watch the rest scatter.  Larka's part was done, and she had a nice fat bag of silver to show for it.  She was drinking from her canteen, but it was only water with a little berry flavouring to it, she was doing her best to stay sober and away from booze, though it was hard on the job sometimes.  But she was managing and with Celeste coming along so well it helped a lot, they could heal themselves together.

A bark from next to the Reaver drew her attention down to the wolf puppy following along and she smiled.  "Ready to be home to, Kyu?"  Larka asked reaching down to scratch the young wolf's ears, he was getting bigger each day she wouldn't be able to call him a puppy for much longer.  Home was soon in sight and the sun was starting to rise, Larka had made a stop a few hours away to wait out the rest of the night before heading out again, it would be nice to be home again.

As Larka got to the door she noted that Kyu was sniffing and whimpering at the door.  "Shh, Kyu, Celeste is probably asleep still."  Larka spoke before she opened the door.  She went inside with a yawn and dropped her gear quietly down near the door, she'd clean it up later once she checked on Celeste.  The Reaver turned and was about to head downstairs when she saw the wolf at the couch and then saw the lump there, oh, Celeste had fallen asleep on the couch last night instead.

Smiling Larka walked over carefully as not to startle Celeste but then gasped a little at the sight; her wife, curled up around a little girl, and a girl that Larka knew!  "Akira?"  Larka breathed quietly, what had happened last night that brought the wondering child that was Akira out here?  Not to mention whatever scenario had brought Celeste in contact to end up in a position such as this?!

Larka didn't want to wake either of them, there was a reason for this, so instead she found a place to sit in a comfy chair across from them and waited.  Kyu jumped up into lap and laid down in a ball there.

OOC: Shawn
Akira

Character Info
When Akira came to, she did not want to wake up. She felt warm, safe, wrapped up in protective arms. Instinctively, she snuggled closer to the warm body. In this half awake state, she could hear something at the door, and she stiffened. The arms around her tightened in response as the door opened. Her ears tracked the animal paws getting closer to her and boots walking past in another direction.

Akira tried so hard not to tremble from fear. Here is when she'd be discovered and kicked out like so many times before. In her fear, she had failed to remember she had not entered this establishment voluntarily, and she was in someone's arms. The boots stopped and came closer, and Akira buried herself deeper in the body, hoping the arms around her would protect her. Yet, her ears twitched at the sound of her own name from a familiar voice.

For some time, she lay there, relaxing as the woman sat down and the animal backed off as well. Akira knew that voice, and the voice obviously knew her. Where had she heard it? The only animal she remembered being with a woman was in the forest of ghosts. Pretending to stir as if she was just waking up, Akira rolled over and rubbed her eyes. If it wasn't for the arms encircling her, she'd have fallen off the couch. Blearily, she blinked until she could see the woman sitting across from her.

Excitement filled her as she scrambled to escape the arms and rushed forward to jump into Larka's lap. "Larka! Larka!" Hugging the woman, she turned to sit down in the chair with her and instantly reached for the puppy. She gave her scratches and pets and hugged her as well. "Akira missed Kyu. You be good?" Kyu gave her puppy kisses, causing Akira to giggle. "Larka? Who dat?" Innocently, the child pointed at Celeste.

CelesteJN

Character Info
Celeste had been sleeping deeply, peaceful for the first time in a long time. No matter how deep she was, though, each movement from the child was documented in her sleeping mind. Her body reacted accordingly, loosening or tightening her grip as needed, adjusting the blankets over them, all the while cuddling the child close. She even noted the door opening, but didn't worry about it. Larka was expected home soon anyway.

It was when the child gripped her arms to release herself, Celeste obliged, propped her head up on a hand and watched Akira greet her wife. That is what Larka called her, after all. There was a smile for the scene as she witnessed them together. Obviously, history was between the three. Celeste sat up and stretched with a yawn. "Good morning, Akira. Glad you're feeling better. What is a child like you doing about on your own?" she asked after letting Larka introduce Celeste to the child.

Larka, whether it be verbal or just a look, inquired as to how they had met. "I was on a run last night when Reika found Akira near our home, passed out. She was burning up with fever, so I brought her in here and gave her something to help bring it down. Tell me, Akira, are you hungry?" The child nodded eagerly, causing Celeste to laugh. "Play with Reika and Kyu for a bit. Larka, would you help me in the kitchen?"

When the adults were alone, Celeste turned to her wife and began to whisper to her. "Please tell me that child isn't alone! Where are her parents? Does anyone look after her?" While Larka explained as best as she could, Celeste began to make busy preparations of breakfast. On account of Akira recovering from being sick, she decided to make a porridge, sweetened with honey.

Larka

Character Info
Larka laughed when Akira saw her and escaped Celeste's arms to jump into Larka's lap who returned the hug from the child.  Akira sat down in the chair as well and Kyu got her own attention from the little one who barked once and licked at Akira's hands.  When asked who Celeste was Larka smiled.  "Remember when we met in the swamp you asked what I was going and I told you I was looking for Celeste, or Celes?  That's her, Celeste, this is Akira."  Larka made introductions before her wife spoke up, asking why Akira was out here on her own.  "She wonders around, which I'm guess is how she got to be here?."  Larka replied to her wife listening as Celeste explained it in more detail.

She had found her passed out and with a fever and brought her to here but Akira was hungry and Celeste had her play with the animals and got Larka to go to the kitchen with her.  Larka helped get some food together as Celeste asked her question and Larka sighed.  "She's an orphan, she lives in an orphanage with a man named Rowan, in this city actually, so I'm not too surprised that was around here, more so that it happened to be you that found her.  When I first came across her I was out looking in the swamp area over in Parvpora, I still don't know how she managed to get across the bloody ocean in the first place, probably snuck aboard a ship.  Otherwise I don't know too much, I know she likes shiny things though, tried to take some jewellery from that haunted swamp while I was with her."  Larka explained but it was all she had to go on really, at least what she remembered.

Once breakfast was finished Larka helped Celeste bring everything to the living room again and set it out on the table.  "Help yourself, Akira, porridge with honey and some juice or milk."  Larka offered as she started to eat from her own bowl, Kyu stared at her.  "Your bowls are in the kitchen." She motioned to the two animals and Kyu was off like a shot to get to her food down and Larka grinned before looking to Akira again.  "Are you feeling better, Akira?  How have you been?  Everything okay?"  Larka asked.

Akira

Character Info
"That Celes? Hai, Celes! Larka look hard long time." Akira was gazing at the woman with an odd reverance.To have someone with a happy ending after hard work and diligence gave the child hope for her own future. "I.. Got lost?" That was the only answer she had for Celeste. The elf explained how Akira was happened upon and the events that came after. As the mention of food reached her ears, they twitched as her stomach growled. This naturally led to a very happy nod. "Yes, please! Akira play."

Scrambling off of Larka's lap, Akira immediately got to her hands and knees, pressing her nose upon Kyu's nose. She giggled, sat up and pulled Kyu into a hug, giving the pup a good scratchy rub. "Kyu grew! Did Akira?" More giggles arose as puppy kisses were showered upon her face. In her excitement, her tail had been wagging rather gently, only to have a squeal of surprise as the cat pounced it. The child stood and began to walk around the room, looking over her shoulder to watch Reika chase and swipe at her tail, Kyu trying to join in the game as well. Peals of laughter made the home cheery and bright as she waited patiently for the food.

The food finally did arrive, the child instantly sitting at the table expectantly. Soon, as the bowl was placed b efore her, Akira frowned. "Akira has no coin for food." But Celeste burst into laughter and encouraged her to eat, as that was Akira's payment. The notion confused her, but was not one to be disobedient for Larka, not intentionally. "Milk please." Instantly, the child dug in, blowing on each bite before shoving the spoon in her mouth. The milk provided was drained and Akira was happy and full.

Larka hounded her with questions. "Akira feel okay. Not yesterday. Akira felt bad yesterday. We was in forest. Rain never stopped. Nice man said he go Soolerya, and Akira remember Larka say Sool. So, nice man let Akira go with. Lots of sand! Pretty and gold, always shiny at sky, never at feet. But hot. Akira no like hot. We came Soolerya, Akira feel bad. Got lost, got tired." Suddenly, she began looking around. "Where Akira bag? Akira had bag!" The child began to cry when she was told there was no bag near where she was found.

CelesteJN

Character Info
Larka explained that she was not surprised that the orphan was here, since this is where the orphanage was. That, however, did not explain why the child was north of the city rather than inside the city so late at night. Akira seemed to be a wandering spirit, finding her way to a far off place when Larka first met her. As with her ears suggesting an animalistic nature, Celeste was not too surprised to find out that the child had a liking to shiny things. It was nice to have the sounds of a happy child in the other room though, as if the fever last night had not slowed her down at all.

The scene she walked in on with the animals chasing the child around caused the women to smile and chuckle. Breakfast was served, and placed a bowl before Akira before taking her own bowl. The next words out of Akira's mouth gave the elf a moment to pause before bursting into laughter. "Eat up, dear. You having a full stomach and getting better is all I require of you." It pleased the elf to no end to see the child eat, and she ate more than Celeste had truly anticipated. Did the child even eat properly, or did she often not have enough to consume? The thoughts were troubling.

Akira went on a grand story telling experience, a smile on permanent display as she listened to it. From the rain forest through the desert and all the way to Suleria. It sounded as a grand adventure, and gave Celeste some ideas as to how the child had gotten sick in the first place. The smile faded. "What bag? There wasn't anything near you when we found you." Waterworks began, and Celeste felt terrible. "You said a nice man brought you here? Maybe he still has your stuff? Shall we go into town and attempt to find him? What do you think, Larka? Care to leave again? I know you just got home. There, there, Akira. We'll find it for you."

Celeste pulled Akira into a hug until she calmed down. "There, see? Help me put the dishes in the kitchen, we'll wash up and go for a walk. Can you do that?" Together, they gathered up everything, washed the dishes with a little bit of splashing fun. A critical eye began to take note of all that they needed. She desperately needed to talk to Larka… When they were ready, they left the house together. Akira was running ahead with the young animals dancing around her feet. "I want to buy her some clothing," she announced. Larka should remember that when Celeste says something like that, she usually has ulterior motives, something deeper in mind.

Larka

Character Info
Larka smiled happily as she watched her wife interact with the child, and more so when the pets got involved, the tiger kitten going after Akira's tail. ”You have gotten bigger, Akira.” Larka replied over her shoulder when she heard Akira ask it.

They served the food at the little one's remark about having no coin to pay made Larka chuckle lightly along with Celeste, but it was Celeste who answered. Larka asked what Akira wanted to drink and Larka nodded and went to get it and when she came back had a glass of milk for the child as she ate.

Larka then asked a series of questions once Akira once Akira was finished eating. She listened to the explanation that Akira gave. From what Larka understood Akira had been in the forest and then had found someone willing to travel with her to Sularia across the desert. But she had wondered from the person and made her way out here in her sickness, maybe fever dreams? But at least she had been found and was better. But Larka was always worried about Akira after they had met, since she was scared the child would get hurt or worse, or would run into someone who pretended to be nice to her to get her trust.

But the question of where her bag was came up and Larka glanced to Celeste, but the elf knew nothing of a bag and said as much. That kicked off some crying from Akira and Larka looked to Celeste and smiled. ”I'd be happy to go out and help find it.” She followed Celeste down to hug Akira until the little fox calmed down.

During all of this deep down Larka was feeling things she had felt in years to have a child in the house again with her wife. A small heartache started in her chest as they cleaned up from breakfast but she kept it from showing on her face as they left the house together, Akira ahead with the little animals. Larka looked to Celeste for a moment when she made her declaration of wanting to buy clothing for Akira before looking back to Akira again and smiling. ”I agree.” Larka moved so that she was on Celeste's left side and took her wife's hand in her own and squeezed with a smile to her. ”What are you thinking?” Larka asked. ”I know that look, you have thoughts about something serious.” Larka smiled, wondering if their thoughts perhaps matched each other.

CelesteJN

Character Info
Her wife's face always seemed more beautiful when she smiled, so each one Larka gave, Celeste did try to reciprocate and share one with her. This smile was a knowing one. "You always know me so well." Carefully, she tried to piece together her thoughts. Was she even ready for something as serious as this? There was just something about that child that pulled on her heart, awakening emotions and yearning she had not realized were this strong.

"She shouldn't live like that, Larka. Day to day, not knowing where the next meal will come from. What dangers await her every minute? Akira is too sweet and shouldn't have her life dependent on the virtue and compassion of strangers." Her mind was made up. Ready or not, it wasn't her mental state that was in question. It was the life of another living being. The group made it to the maze, and having been through it often enough, Kyu led Akira through effortlessly. Reika was still learning the pathway as she had not had a chance to leave the house as often as Kyu has. The giggles that could be heard from ahead affirmed to Celeste that this was the right decision.

"Akira, do you remember anything about the nice man, like what he was coming here for?" They went to the inn to inquire about the man. Unfortunately, he and his daughter had left earlier that morning, and the innkeeper had no idea where they were headed. "However, they've not checked out, so they intend to stay at least another night." "How fortuitous." Taking Akira by the hand, Celeste went outside. "Let's check the market. Perhaps he went to haggle some deals?"

Making their way to the marketplace, they walked around. Akira seemed to have forgotten why they were there as she was distracted by the shiny baubles on display. Suddenly, a young voice cried out Akira's name.Celeste turned to the voice and smiled at the young girl. "You left stuff with us. Papa was hoping we'd find you soon! Are these your parents?" The child politely introduced them as her friends, and Celeste instantly knew that she wanted to go through with this.

Celeste turned toward Larka and gave her a pleading look. She wanted desperately to give the child a place to call home, and two adults she could call family. A man came up to chastise the girl from running off, noticed Akira and his demeanor changed. "Akira! You were pale as a ghost yesterday, and I regretted letting you wander off alone. Your belongings are in our room. Shall Mika go get it for you?" "Akira, why don't you go with Mika. Take Kyu with you. She'll lead you back to us." The comment through the gentleman off guard, but he recovered with a smile. When Mika and Akira disappeared, Celeste thanked the man who hovered near as this would be where his daughter returned.

She turned to her wife. "I want to take her in. I want to adopt Akira, if she allows. And if you agree, please don't say anything yet, ma vhenan. Let's surprise her after we buy her the stuff she needs." Overhearing this, the man turned to them. "You'd be willing to do that? I worried that the child was alone traveling so far. It would make me pleased to know she'll have two capable looking women looking after her. She is such a sweet girl."