Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Horae Island > A Dragon and A Demon [P][Event]
Rhydian

Character Info
Name: Rhydian
Alignment: CG
Race: Part Dragon, Part Human
Class: Dragon Booze Boi
Silver: 343
He found himself pinned down on the floor by an…angry Jazrael? Her expression was furious yet elated, though he was more concerned about the fury at the moment. Rhydian took the shouting and didn't resist against her pinning, knowing this was the consequence of his actions. Her face moved closer to his and she continued yelling about what he'd done. Suddenly her lips crashed into his and sent a wave of shock through his body. When the shock died down, he had a smirk on his face and wrapped his arms around her, keeping her from pulling way. He gently pressed his lips against hers and held there for a moment, showing her exactly how he felt. She broke away after a moment and both of them were blushing bright red. 

Her eyes burned with a newfound determination and she snatched his hand, pulling him towards the door as if to make sure he didn't get himself killed again. The butler had reset to his original position and even repeated the same lines as before. The drinks were offered again but this time Jazrael took both of them and drank every drop before Rhydian had the chance to say anything. It was a brilliant move, one that would have taken him a lot longer to come up with. They could have been dying over and over again if it wasn't for her wits. They entered the room again, well he was pulled into the room and she reached for the antidote. 

"Bottoms up!" He said with a smirk. 

She was on a roll and he had no intention of stopping her. The antidote glass was empty and all they had to do was wait. His mind was still on the kiss and her reaction, wondering if this meant they were an official couple. She hadn't said partner or used any of the language and that could have been just a kiss of relief. Or maybe that was a real kiss? Rhydian had little to go off of. He didn't read much romance and he never heard a word of romance from his parents. He just had to assume this meant they were an official couple. Isn't that what a kiss meant?

"Yep we just have to wait for now." He said leaning against the wall. 

Rhydian made sure he would be able to keep an eye on her the entire time, just in case. He wouldn't be able to do anything but at the very least he could shout at the butler if the antidote didn't work. After a long wait, the thirty minutes were up and the butler opened the door again. He gave them a nod, as if to let them know that they had passed the test. The next trial was waiting. A pillar of light appeared in the middle of the darkened room where the table had been. 

"Where do you want to go next?" Rhydian asked with a smile, "You figured out how to save both of us, you get next pick." 
Jazrael

Character Info
Name: Jazrael Songravos
Alignment: CN
Race: Demon
Class: Adventurer
Silver: 3012
”See, I can solve a problem sometimes,” she said as the door swung open and the butler acknowledged that they had passed the trial. She glanced at the beam of light once before her eyes fell on Rhydian. She focused on him entirely, her thoughts drifting back to the reaction she had when he had come back, fully alive. Part of her was willing to just move on to the next trial as he asked her which they should do next, to ignore the fact that they had kissed one another until a later time. However, there was a part of her that wanted to address it now, so they wouldn’t be distracted by it while they focused on the other trials.

”Before we go to another trial, about what I said back there… about what I did…” She trailed off for a moment and looked away from him. When her gaze fell back on him, she took a couple of steps towards him, so she was standing fairly close. ”When I watched you die, I completely forgot that you were going to come back,” she said. ”It felt like… I don’t know. Like the world was imploding,” she said, shrugging her shoulders as though she used the words for lack of better ones. ”Feelings are a… new thing for me,” she explained. ”I don’t think I’ve ever really cared about anyone. Before you, anyway,” she added. ”Seeing you come back in this room, knowing that you were still alive… I’ve never felt so much relief.”

Jazrael grew quiet again, but she closed the distance between the two, and stood up on her tiptoes. Taking a chance, she kissed Rhydian again, though this time it was slow and light, not as fiercely as before – but it was apparent that this was planned, and most certainly not in the heat of the moment. It seemed that she wanted to show him that she didn’t think what she had done earlier was a mistake. She pulled away and took a step back, but still remained very close to him. ”I don’t really know anything about caring about someone, about loving someone,” she confessed. ”But I think, from what I have seen and the little I do know, that I have come to care very much about you.” She looked him in the eye for a moment before looking away again. She didn’t want to push it with what she said, in case she was mistaken and Rhydian didn’t feel the same about her. She had to think, though, that he did – he did kiss her back, and hold her to him, after all.

She drew in a breath. ”Let’s do the Nightshade,” she said, and grabbed his hand, walking towards the beam of light. Moments later, they had been transported onto the deck of a rather luxurious looking ship. The moon was glowing in the sky, reflecting on the black, glassy surface of the ocean. Stars glittered in the sky. It was a rather romantic setting, and for a brief moment, Jazrael forgot once again that they were participating in the trials – until it came back to her. She dropped Rhydian’s hnd and turned to face him. ”What do we think is going to go wrong, this time?” she asked. She knew it was only a matter of time before the beauty of the ship would turn into some sort of test or terror… she just didn’t know how or when.
Rhydian

Character Info
Before they entered the next trial, Jazrael began telling him her feelings and her inexperience with it all. He never said a word and looked at her earnestly, listening to every single word. There was a strange awkwardness between them that seemed to end when he gave her a slow light kiss. When she took a step back, he was beaming with joy. Rhydian didn't know much about love or romance but he did know his own feelings were just as strong as her. 

"Jaz I-" 

She grabbed his hand and they walked towards the beam of light together. When he opened his eyes he found himself on the deck of a luxurious ship. The stars were a glittering tapestry in the sky with the gorgeous moon as its centerpiece. Other guests, all some sort of illusions or perhaps other participants, were walking along the deck of the ship or relaxing inside with beautiful music pouring out of the windows of the ship. The starry night reflected on the blue waves of the ocean, creating a sight of beauty to behold. Jaz faced him and asked him if they knew what was coming. 

"Well its either got something to do with Nightshade," He guessed, "Or its the old shipwreck. I mean its what a person would do if they wanted to cause something to go wrong. Sink the ship." 

Rhydian took a step closer to her and put his hands on her arms. She seemed all tense from the last event and he had a feeling they might have some time before they jumped straight into a tragedy. He gave her a smile then took her by the hands, leading her over to the center of the deck where there were less people and plenty of space. Beautiful music of violins and strings poured from an open window on the ship, loud enough for the both of them to hear. 

"Out of curiosity, does a demon know how to dance?" He asked with a little cheeky grin on his face, "I know there is a danger incoming but we can't exactly predict what it'll be. Might as well enjoy ourselves while we can." 

Stress didn't help anybody and often only led to mistakes. If he gave her a small distraction, something to refocus her attention too then maybe the stress and the terror of the previous trial might soften. Rhydian set the pace for a moderate dance and he was surprisingly excellent at it. He never went too fast nor too slow, allowing her plenty of time to react to his lead in the dance. His eyes were on hers the entire time, never straying or looking down at his feet. For one heavenly small moment, it felt like they were the only two in the entire world. Just him and Jaz, dancing the night away. When the music ended, he leaned in and could feel his own heartbeat in his ears. He held up her chin with his fingers, their lips inches away from each other's. 

CRACK!

Rhydian looked up to see a giant blue sea serpent striking the side of the ship with its head. The monster released an ear piercing shriek that could shatter glass. A massive crack in the dock had formed between Jazrael and Rhydian's feet. He pushed her away and fell back just in time as the crack opened. The ship was breaking into two, like a little toy breaking in half. He was still standing on one side of the ship half and she was standing on the other. 
Jazrael

Character Info
Jazrael made a sort of sideways, twisted frown with her mouth when Rhydian made the comment about the ship sinking. She had to admit, he was most likely right, but she was hoping that perhaps this wouldn’t turn into a life or death situation like the last trial had. She knew she was hoping in vain – when during the announcements at the beginning, they had specifically been told that death was possible, but not permanent. She didn’t care if it was permanent or not – she never wanted to go through watching Rhydian die again.

She almost immediately relaxed when she felt Rhydian’s hands grasp her arms, leading her over to a more secluded and private area of the ship where there were far less people – almost as though they were alone. The music she could hear was beautiful… even with her lack of humanity in the past, she had always loved music. When Rhydian asked her if she knew how to dance, she shrugged a little bit, with a grin on her face. ”I’ve danced a few times,” she said, as though that were an answer. Of course, the times she had danced hadn’t been in the kind of situation she was currently in – but that didn’t need to be brought up to Rhydian, not now anyway.

She nodded, and smiled at him as he suggested that they make the best of it, before whatever tragedy was about the strike happened. She let him lead, dancing along with him at whatever tempo he chose. Her eyes were locked with his, and she felt a feeling in her chest she had never experienced before. She didn’t want anything other than to be with him right then and there, and she never wanted that moment to end. When the song ended, she moved close to Rhydian, closing her eyes as his hand came beneath her face to tip her chin up towards him, waiting for the rushing feeling of his lips on hers once more – but it never came.

Instead, what came was a roaring and cracking sound as the sea monster attacked the luxurious ship. She felt herself be thrown backwards as Rhydian instinctively tried to keep her out of harm’s way. The ship had cracked between them, severing into two pieces with Rhydian on one half and Jazrael on the other. She felt her heart in her throat as she immediately began to worry about being separated from him.

Looking around, she could see that many other people had been lost between the split on the ship. The leviathan that had attacked the ship was thrashing its tentacles, smashing into parts of the ship. Guests screamed, some falling overboard from the impact, others jumping in an attempt to get away the monster. Jazrael, on the other hand, was focused on trying to get to Rhydian. There were some lifeboats on the side that Rhydian was still on, and even though there would be a chance they would be smashed to bits by the leviathan, it had to be better to have a chance than to stand on a sinking ship.

Jazrael scanned the area again, and she noticed a spot where the gap between the two halves of the ship wasn’t all that big yet. ”Stay there, I’m coming to you!” she screamed across to Rhydian, and she took of at a sprint before he had the chance to yell anything back to her. She ran down the length of the split in the halves of the ship, and stopped when she reached the smaller area. She backed up, ready to get a running jump at the gap. She ran at full speed, launching herself into the air, and…

The leviathan swung its tentacles at that exact moment, sending Jazrael flying over the side of the ship with a scream. Her body splashed into the icy water and immediately filled her nose and mouth. She managed to kick her way to the surface, sputtering and spitting water out of her mouth and nose. ”Rhydian!” she screamed, trying to see if she could make him out on the deck of the ship. She couldn’t find him, though he would have been able to spot the bright red of her dress in the moonlight as she kicked in the water.

After a moment Jazrael could feel the muscles in her body begin to seize up from the cold. She tried casting a fire spell below the surface to heat the water, but it seemed like something had dampened her magic – perhaps the exhaustion from trying to stay afloat in the cold of it. As her legs began to lose movement, her head began to dip below the surface, and she started to inhale more water, choking on it below the surface of the water. She managed to pop her head out one last time, one hand clawing towards the air, trying to reach for something that wasn’t there. She called his name one last time, before disappearing below the surface of the water. The water filled her lungs, and she soon lost consciousness, the thought of calling out to Rhydian being her last.

This time, when she reappeared, she was floating face down in the somewhat calm water as the leviathan had moved on to another section of the ship.  Her black hair was fanned out in the water around her, along with the bright red fabric of her dress.  She was motionless other than the movement of the gentle waves in the water.
Rhydian

Character Info
He shoved himself off the ground and stood on the other side of the ship. Jazrael was on the other side and all the lifeboats were on his side. When he looked towards her, he was about to tell her what he was going to try when she shouted first. Hi eyes widened as he realized what she was going to try to do. He ran to the spot she was running to and held out his hands, just in case she underestimated the gap. The leviathan sung its tentacles and sent Jaz flying over the side of the ship.

Rhydian was about to jump in after her, not caring about the icy waters below but the leviathan blocked his way. Instead, he jumped down the crack, landing on one of the broken decks below with a thud. Excruciating pain in the side he landed on dulled his senses but he only had one goal. He climbed the rest of the way down and climbed onto a floating piece of wreckage to get to her. He found her, floating face down in the calmed water. Her black hair floated like moss on the water and her red dress rested on the surface of the water. He reached out to her, feeling her ice cold skin, and pulled her onto the wreckage. 

Her skin was pale and her lips had turned a dark blue from the freezing temperature. He wrapped his arm around her as if he was trying to keep her warm. The leviathan had stopped attacking the ship and even the ships' sinking had come to a halt. He held her close, holding her tightly but never saying a single word. Rhydian's eyes closed as he held her and the piece of wreckage began floating off. Suddenly, the ship began to reverse itself. The wreckage floating in the water began floating up toward the ship and reattaching itself. The two parts of the ship moved towards each other on its own and reconnected. The leviathan sunk into the depths of the icy waters and stayed below, as though it never existed in the first place. Rhydian was on the deck now, still holding the corpse of Jazrael. 

The world looked like it had been frozen. None of the guests moved and neither did the hip. It had been reset but the trial hadn't started again. Rhydian didn't even care to open his eyes. He knew that she would come back and that they could always redo it. He knew the Jazrael he was holding was nothing more than a corpse. Yet, he couldn't let her go. She was too cold. Eventually he felt the touch of a warmer hand and opened his eyes. The corpse vanished from his arms but when he looked up, he saw those familiar eyes that brought back his warmth. The injury from his trial was gone, as the trial had been reset. He looked towards the alive Jaz and softly embraced her, holding her a little too tightly. 

"I know you would have come back. I…" His words seemed to fail him. 

Sounds of chatter and music filled their ears, indicating the trial had started once more. 
Jazrael

Character Info
Jazrael hadn’t ever experienced dying before, but she didn’t really want to experience it ever again. It had been very unpleasant. As she rematerialized on the now repaired ship, she could see Rhydian on the deck, holding her dead body. It was surreal, and she wasn’t too enthused about witnessing such, but thankfully she could see that now the ship had rebuilt itself, her body was fading, even though Rhydian was still clinging to it. She looked down at herself in comparison to her pale, water soaked corpse. Her hair was done perfectly again as was her clothing, as it if had never happened. The only thing that remained was the shivering memory of how cold and dark the water had been.

She walked up behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder, and she saw him open his eyes. Within moments, he had turned to embrace her, and she did the same. She closed her eyes, soaking the warmth of his arms wrapped around her – such a change from the feeling of the icy water surrounding her. ”Sucks, doesn’t it?” she said with a little bit of a laugh as the two held one another. She just kept her head tucked against his chest, until the pair pulled apart from one another as the trial had restarted.

”Past experiences tell me we should go towards the lifeboats,” she said, to which it seemed that Rhydian agreed. They didn’t get too close to them, as they were both a bit weary that could result in the trial changing to accommodate that fact, but instead stood about fifteen feet from where they were anchored.

As they stood there, waiting for the inevitable to come, Jazrael grabbed Rhydian’s hand and gave it a squeeze. ”I was trying to get to you,” she explained. ”If that thing hadn’t knocked me into the water, we would have made it to the boats. We would have been together,” she added, sounding very sure of herself. ”You know, in all the times my life has been in danger since I met you, that was the first time you didn’t save me,” she said, just now realizing how many time he truly had saved her since they had met. ”I’m starting to wonder if it wasn’t fate that brought us together that day in the grasslands,” she said with a smile.

She wasn’t sure what to make of everything that had happened. Were their emotions heightened because the stakes of the trial? But she thought back to the heartstrings that the bonfire had given them, and theirs had been pink. She had assumed it was because they had become close friends, but maybe the bonfire knew something they didn’t. Maybe they were well on their way to becoming lovers, and this trial was just what was going to push them in the right direction. She didn’t have much to go on, but she had seen Dalanesca when she was in love, and she had to believe that maybe this was the start of that.

With a grin, she stepped forward and stood on her tiptoes, throwing her arms around Rhydian in a hug, pressing herself close to him. ”Meeting you might just be the best thing that has ever happened to me,” she said quietly, though it was loud enough for him to hear. These trials were making her realize that death could take one of them at any second, and it was best not to keep what she was thinking at bay. She let go of him and took a step back, her hand still grasping his, with a smile on her face. ”You know, I’m not sure because I’ve never had it happen before, but I think I have fallen-“

Jazrael’s words were cut short as a roaring screech came from the ocean and the leviathan once again attacked the boat. This time, however, the deck didn’t split – this time, the ship tipped sideways, sending Jazrael sliding away from Rhydian, her hand slipping from his. She let out a yelp as she slid away, managing to grab the railing of the ship before being tossed overboard – but there she was, dangling off the edge. She was struggling to pull herself up, the weight of the dress pulling her down. Her slippered feet were not helping her gain traction, just slipping against the side of the deck.

She looked to Rhydian with pleading eyes, but this time, she had a feeling he was going to be able to save her.
Rhydian

Character Info
A part of him didn't want her to pull away but the other part knew they had to focus on survival. He gave her a nod at the suggestion of the lifeboats, knowing they were the only way to survive this ordeal. They never got too close to the boats, in case the trial changed the positions of the leviathan to keep the level of difficulty. Jazrael grabbed her hand and eh looked towards her with a little smile. He knew she had tried to reach him and her plan wouldn't have gone so wrong if it wasn't for the monster's attack. She mentioned how many times he had saved her life and he looked back to the beautiful ocean. Then she mentioned fate and his smile grew a bit wider as he thought of something amusing. 

"Oh it wasn't fate. It was an ostrich." He said with a goofy smile, "Unless fate took the form of an ostrich?"

He could still remember that day, the day he was being chased around by an ostrich. It would have been easy for him to kill it and move on but he never liked killing animals if the problem was his fault. Everything since felt like it was a whirlwind of events that they never looked back at. They always kept moving forwards, together. Even when one of them fell, the other was always there to help pick them up. 

"…At the end of the day it doesn't matter who saves who." He said, "As long as we're together. I think… that's the one thing I've learned from all of this." 

Suddenly he felt her arms thrown around him and he could hear her whispering in his ear. She backed away but he didn't let go of her hand. He listened intently as she began telling himself something important when a loud screech interrupted her. The boat didn't fall apart but tipped sideways. He managed to keep himself aboard and was holding onto her as tightly as possible. Still, she slipped out of his hands and fell. His eyes widened but she managed to catch the rail. Rhydian quickly reached over to her and grabbed her arms, pulling her up with all his strength. The leviathan was attacking other parts of the ship, giving him enough time to drag her back onto the boat. His breath was heavy as he held her in his arms tightly. 

"Lets go!" He said after a moment, pulling her with him towards the boats. 

They ran toward the boats as the ship tipped from one side to the other under the weight of the monster. Jumping into one of the boats, they managed to lower the ropes holding it up. The boat fell into the ocean and water hit their faces. Rhydian tossed her an oar and began rowing with her to get them as far away from the ship as possible. The further they were from the monster, the more likely they were to survive. He hoped they didn't have to survive for too long as even the chilly air could kill them. 
Jazrael

Character Info
There was no number or unit of measurement that could summarize just how grateful Jazrael was that Rhydian was able to get to her so quickly. Between the strength he exerted trying to pull her up, and the strength she was able to muster with a bit of assistance, he got her up and over the railing in no time. She took just a brief moment to relish in the feeling as he hugged her tightly, but didn’t try to keep him close as she knew they needed to hurry.

She ran to the lifeboat with Rhydian and helped him with the ropes to lower it down. Catching the oar he tossed to her, she began to row in tandem with him, keen on getting as far away from the scene as they could, and praying to whatever gods would listen that they would make it.

As luck would have it, they were able to get far enough away so that the sounds of destruction had been dulled, and it seemed as though they were in the clear. Jazrael was just about to open her mouth to ask Rhydian if he thought they were safe, when a sort of transparent barrier seemed to form around their boat in the water, with a beam of light coming down on one side. The beam of light was the same as the others that had transported them to the various trials they had undertaken thus far, so Jazrael assumed that it was the same.

”We must be safe,” she said, and breathed a sigh of relief. ”Here’s what I am thinking. Maybe we try that escape room trial next? That one sounds, honestly, the least deadly of them all… besides, I can’t really think of any reason why being trapped in a room with you could be bad,” she said, giving him a grin. As though the beam of light assumed Rhydian would agree with her, it enveloped them, and they were immediately taken from the boat into another setting.

They were in a room that was empty. It was void of everything, no windows, no doors… not even any color. It was simply white, and they stood out rather boldly against the background of colorless nothing. ”This doesn’t look like… anything,” she said, but just as she spoke, a small table seemed to appear in the center of the room. There was a half full bottle of wine on the table, along with two glasses each filled with the dark red wine. A tray joined the bottle of wine, adorned with different fruits and chocolates. Jazrael raised an eyebrow at the assortment, wondering if they were about to be poisoned again.

Things in the room kept appearing as they began to look around. A door appeared in one of the walls, though it did not have any handle attached to it. Instead there was a very smell, heart-shaped recess in the center, and four, larger square shaped cubby holes as well. Along one of the walls, a bookshelf appeared, with a number of rather old looking books stacked among the shelves. On one of the shelves was also a vase filled with red roses.

”So we’re supposed to go on a date?” she asked out loud with a laugh at the apparent theme of the items that kept appearing. Her face turned beet red, however, when the next item that appeared was a massive bed covered in black and red linens and blankets, complete with a canopy over the top. The bed had very intricate carvings along the posts. ”Um,” she said quietly, glancing from the bed to Rhydian. Was the room playing off of their discovery of feelings for one another? It certainly seemed that way, but she wasn’t going to let it get the best of her. She knew there was more to the items than the room was letting on, and they would somehow lead to their escape from the room. Either way, she wasn’t sure that she was ready to climb into bed with him just yet. They were certainly going to have a lot to talk about when they were done undertaking the trials – but they seemed to be serving their purpose. She may have already been close to Rhydian, but the trials were certainly helping them figure out exactly what they felt towards one another.

One final item appeared – a full length mirror along the wall near the bed. The carvings around the frame of the mirror were very similar to those along the bed. Intricate, but hard to make out at first glance. Jazrael cleared her throat. ”Well, there’s got to be some sort of theme in here… and I will tell you this much, I could use a drink after everything we’ve gone through,” she said, looking to the glasses of wine on the table.

She was hesitant, considering the scenario with the poison, but she doubted it would happen again. Instead, she stepped forward and grabbed one of the glasses and downed it. Normally, she would have savored the taste, but she felt the need for a drink after what they had gone through. As she swallowed, she felt like she was choking on something. Oh, great, she thought to herself. This is going to kill me again. She coughed, and into her hand came a small ruby from within her mouth. It had clearly been in the wine. It seemed to be shaped like half a heart. She held it out in her hand to Rhydian. ”What do you make of that?” she said, furrowing her brow.
Rhydian

Character Info
Once they were far enough away, he stopped rowing the oars and let his tired arms rest. He leaned back in the boat and watched as a transparent barrier formed around their boat with a beam of light on one side. They were finally safe, or this was another part of the trial. He assumed it was the former and nodded when Jaz suggested the escape room. He needed something with less running and climbing involved. The beam of light swallowed them up and transported them to an empty room. There were no colors, windows, or anything but a white blank room. 

"Maybe its some sort of void?" He suggested. 

A table popped into the center of the room. Rhydian looked up, expecting to see a hole or anything to explain where it came from. There was nothing. This had to be one of the magical parts of the trial, like the corpses vanishing from earlier. The room underwent a transformation, filling with a variety of items and changing the floor along with the walls. Rhydian slowly began to realize each room had to be personalized to the couple. Walking over to the door, he tried to see if it could be opened without the handle attached but it refused to budge. He turned back towards the rest of the room and spotted the massive bed covered in black and red linens. His face grew a little pink at the sight of the bed and he quickly walked towards the table and took a seat. 

"Maybe." He said with a smile, "I suppose we have no choice but to relax." 

Rhydian fully agreed with Jaz and reached towards his glass, wanting a drink himself. She downed the drink in one go, only to start choking. He stood up from his seat, dropping the glass which shattered on the floor. Just as he reached her, she spat out the ruby that took the shape of half a heart. A sigh of relief escaped Rhydian's lips as he saw her safe and not dying. 

"First, no more drinks for you until these trials are done." He said before walking over to his own shattered glass, "As for the ruby…"

The glass sprawled across the floor glistened in from the candlelight above. Crouching down, he plucked a ruby from the glass and returned to Jaz's side. The ruby was in the shape of half a heart and he held it up to hers, connecting the two together. The second the two rubies touched, there was a small red light that seemed to pull the two pieces together, fixing it into one ruby. Jaz gave him a look and he instantly understood what she was thinking. Together they placed the ruby heart in the center of the door. The door made a click sound before a soft glow surrounded the ruby. There were four more empty space with four more missing items to put in. 

"I really hope the items aren't in the food." He said, "I don't think I could eat all of it." 

From the corner of his eye, he noticed something strange about the bed. Walking over to it, he realized there was a panther skin on top. He reached out and petted the pelt, even if it wasn't alive. The panther pelt reminded him of the panther the both of them ran from. When he looked towards the carvings in the wooden frame part of the bed. An ostrich, a snowflake, flowers, hearts, fire, snakes, and other carvings that matched up to who they were or the events from their past. 

"Jaz, have a look at this." He beckoned her over. 
Jazrael

Character Info
Jazrael gave Rhydian a guilty smile as he commented on her refraining from drinking anything for the rest of the trials. ”I mean, at least we will know if the wine is safe or not,” she said, gesturing to the bottle that still had more in it. She had been rather startled when he dropped his own glass, with it shattering over the floor, but when they second half of the ruby had revealed itself and they went through the process of connecting them and getting them put into the door, it seemed to make a little bit of sense.

Upon further evaluation, however, her elation that they had figured it out so quickly disappeared. It wasn’t going to be nearly that simple, not as they counted the four additional empty space. Of course, it was going to be some sort of puzzle – but it seemed, so far at least, that this wasn’t going to necessarily be a deadly puzzle as the last two had been. Perhaps this time it was more about working together and logic than the ability to save one another.

She frowned, looking at Rhydian as he made his way over to the bed. Her mind did drift somewhere else for a moment, seeing him near the beautifully decorated canopied bed, but her cheeks reddened quickly and she pulled her brain out of that particular path, back to the task at hand. When he beckoned her over, she walked towards him. ”Is that… panther?” she said, standing next to him and reaching out to run her hand along the soft fur of the pelt that covered the bed. She let out a little laugh. ”Like that time we were in Sahel and we had to run from the mother panther we made angry,” she said. ”Funny.” She then realized, however, that he hadn’t called her over to look at the panther pelt, but rather the intricacies of the carvings.

She leaned towards the post nearest to her, looking at it more closely. ”Oh this is very beautiful,” she said, running her hand across the carvings. ”Look, it’s got snowflakes, and snakes… and dragons… and that’s the Nightshade Wolf… that’s the symbol of Inferos,” she said, tilting her head to the side, sounding a little confused by the last one in particular. ”Why would that be on here?” she asked, continuing to look at the carvings. ”Wait… is that an ostrich?” she said, sounding even more perplexed. Suddenly, she gasped, her lips forming the shape of an ‘o’ and she looked at Rhydian. ”It’s about us!” she said.

”Look,” she said, pointing more things out. ”The snowflakes. When we were in Itjivut, it was snowing, everything was ice and snow,” she began explaining. ”If that was it, I mean… maybe it wouldn’t seem so obvious but look,” she said, her finger now tracing over one of the snakes. ”Remember when we were leaving Sahel, after we found the cinnamon we had gone for… and you protected me from that snake that was going to strike?” she said, her eyes lighting up somewhat.

”And I mean, look. It’s a dragon, and well….” she said, gesturing vaguely towards Rhydian. ”And that, that’s the symbol for Inferos. I was created in Inferos,” she continued, her voice sounding a little more excited now. ”And, well, I think that ostrich might be the reason we met,” she added with a little laugh. There were other symbols she hadn’t mentioned, but it was clear enough to her that it had to be about them. ”The problem, though… if it’s about us, what does it mean? Obviously we’re supposed to place something in those compartments,” she said, gesturing towards the door. ”But the question is… what?” she asked, tilting her head to one side, and letting out a bit of an exasperated sigh.

As she sighed, she fell backwards onto the bed, flopping down to stare at the canopy. As she did so, her head connected with something hard underneath the bedding. ”Ouch!” she said, sitting up and rubbing at the back of her head. ”What the hell was that?” she said, feeling around at the bedding to see if she could figure out what was underneath it. ”Hang on, that feels like…” she said, crawling up the bed on all fours. She grabbed the blankets and tore them back, disappearing beneath them.

When she reappeared, her hair was a complete mess from tousling around under the linens, and she had a flask grasped in her hand. ”It’s a flask,” she said, staring at it, sitting on the bed now that she had messed up the sheets. ”But it’s… my flask,” she said, sounding a bit confused. ”Not like the same as mine, it is mine,” she said, her fingers running across the worn down carvings and scratches in it. She shook it a bit, hearing the liquid sloshing around inside. With a shrug, she unscrewed the top and took a sniff, letting out a laugh. ”I know you said not to drink anything else but…” she began, and took a quick pull off the flask. She laughed even harder when she was done.

She held it out to Rhydian for him to take a drink, and when he did she smiled. ”Cinnamon whiskey,” she said, her grin broadening. ”I bet…” she said, trailing off. She jumped up from the bed with the flask in her hands and walked over to the door, placing it in one of the compartments. Sure enough, the compartment glowed, placing the flask into some kind of stasis. Three remained.

”That’s it,” she said, walking over to him. ”There’s got to be three other things in this room that go into those compartments, and I’d bet my soul – if I had one, that is – that those three other things have something to do with us as well…” she said, looking at him to see if he would have a suggestion as to what they could check next, or what the next possible item could be. Her eyes found the bookshelf. All of the books had very elegant spines with titles on them, easy to read. ”I wonder if maybe one of those books might be helpful, maybe another clue?” she said. After all, they weren’t going to find all of the items with sheer dumb luck as she had with the flask.