Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Horae Island > Horae [P][Event]
Cymbel

Character Info
Name: Cymbel Belerian
Alignment: LG
Race: Fey
Class: Swordmage
Silver: 0
"Careful now, stay close." The fey said to the small fairy dragons flitting around him. The jewels and coins easily distracted them, however he didn't want them to stray too far. His parasol deflected the falling riches from him and a trail of flowers sprung from behind with each step. This was not his first visit to the island, though unlike most who were here he had come for a different reason. His last visit to Horae had been one of urgency. Though the island's population was low, the terrible wrath wrought upon the land by the gods had left many to wander hopelessly unless they were found. Together with Nerine they had managed to save whoever they could, though countless more lives had been lost. It was comforting to see things had returned to the norm, save for the sudden rain of treasure coming from the skies. Shiloh was severely distraught at these turn of events. As she explained–in a rather agitated manner–this outpouring of treasure would have dire consequences on the world economy. He did not understand the reason behind Lady Angela and Lord Zanar's choice of blessing, but he did know that Shiloh intended to put a stop to it whichever way she could.

It may seem contradictory for the goddess of luck to oppose individuals gaining such a great fortune, however she was not against people bettering their economic status. Rather, it was the means by which they obtained it that she strongly opposed. Prices were influenced by scarcity and the same went for the value of money. The less currency in circulation, the more value each coin held. With so much precious material and coinage entering the hands of the populous, what could buy much one day would become severely devalued in light of rapid inflation. Those who were just getting by would then fall into poverty. When his wife had opened the portal to Horae he had followed after concerned for the sake of her well-being. Knowing her, she would likely attempt to handle the situation on her own disregarding her own safety. Fortunately their children weren't present, lest they add more weight to her long list of worries. 

Cymbel was hoping that he would cross paths with her on the island soon. Maybe he could convince her to calm herself down and find a less stressful option to deal with the problem. She had a tendency to wear herself out while being so intensely driven on completing a task that she neglected herself. For the sake of his health he was currently in the Venti portion of Horae. The cool autumnal air was much more preferable to the frigid Glaciem and scorching Ignius regions. He had nearly passed out from heatstroke in his first time on the island coming down from Terra, he did not want to repeat that mistake again.

"Fairies will promise you everything, but they always lie. Each and every one of them is a great and terrible beauty."
Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Alignment: CG
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
~”I’m pregnant Kiba, not an invalid, not to mention I’m only JUST pregnant.” Kythe sighed, rolling her eyes at her son as she rested a hand against her slightly distended belly - her pregnancy finally beginning to show. ”I’ve fought WARS pregnant love; I gave birth to my first daughter on the battlefield for crying out loud, it’s only a little treasure hunt if you’re that worried why don’t you accompany me and stop fussing like an old woman. Come on Grandma let’s go on an adventure.” She teased.
Kiba scowled at his mother and crossed his arms over his chest. ”I’m just wondering when you will use that sense I KNOW you have and understand that just because you have done it before does not mean that you still can, or that it’s right to.” He replied curtly. ”You’re older now than you were then. And it’s Grandpa not Grandma, that’s you.”
Snorting Kythe smirked at him. ”I’ll still run rings around you when these two are almost ready to arrive so hush it old woman and get out of the way if you’re not going to make yourself useful.” She said with a dismissive wave. ”Also Grandpa’s don’t nag, they sit quietly in corners whinging about the youth of today and offering candy to their grandchildren. Grandma’s nag.”
”Grandpa’s yell at lamps and squirrels, which would you prefer to be?” He had replied.~

It had taken some more persuasion before Kiba had finally agreed to ‘allow’ her to travel to Horae island in order to gather some treasure as she had planned; given that it was to help them set up a Guild he had reluctantly agreed under the condition that she take her airship to get there along with Mordekai her Cleric - at least if she fell into any issues the man could heal her and get her out of there. Kythe had agreed to the conditions, kissed her son on the cheek and waved him off with a roll of her eyes at the fact that he worried over her more than she worried over him these days!

Once they had arrived to the… somewhat unique island Kythe had settled atop her war horse Corvix (another condition set by Kiba being that she did minimal running around and didn’t carry too much weight on her back) with Mordekai walking beside her - a smirk on his face at the fact that not only had his Mistress agreed to the conditions set by her son but was also following through on them - he had not known her all that long but from what he had learnt of the woman he had been assigned to so far it wasn’t often that she did what other people told her, family or otherwise.
”I’ve seen some weird things in my lifetime but this is a new one on me.” The woman muttered, glancing up at the sky and shielding her eyes from the falling coins.
”Admittedly Lady Silverheart this is fairly new to me as well.” Mordekai replied as he picked up coins and gems as he went, putting them into the saddle bags attached to Corvix’s saddle.
”I must send a note to Angela and Zanar thanking them for this; the coffers of Nossë would be filled before the Guild was even founded! She could easily afford to build a decent Hall with what they gathered today not to mention create a home out of it…
That had been one of her major points during her debate with Kiba - she was under his feet in the Fort, it wasn’t her home it was his and as grateful as she was to Lokir she could not make herself useful to him - he had his Champion in her son and he had his recruits, it was time for her to find her purpose and make her own mark in Revaliir. Yes Kiba was going to found Nossë alongside her but this was Kythe’s venture - this was something she had been thinking on for some time now and the treasures she gathered today would go a long way in helping them reach that goal.

Tymor chittered irritably from Kythe’s shoulder, screeching in annoyance as a gold coin smacked him on the back. Turning to hiss at the coin Kythe chuckled as she twisted in the saddle, plucked is from Corvix’ back and slid it into the saddlebag, scratching at Tymor’s head to quell the storm of anger overflowing from the Pseudo-Wyvern’s entire being. ”Hush now you, sit on my lap where you’re less likely to be struck you fool.” She rolled her eyes at the Wyvern, chuckling as he finally relented, hopping off her shoulder to shelter on her lap.
”It seems like a fairly odd blessing to bestow.” Mordekai muttered, looking up at his Mistress as he placed another handful of coins into the saddlebags. ”The Gods of Revaliir are usually fairly gracious but this seems… extravagant does it not?”
”It does but from what I’ve seen from Angela on previous encounters she’s a fairly extravagant woman. It’s to our benefit for once so I shall not look too deeply into it.” Kythe chuckled. ”For all of Kiba’s worrying the place seems harmless enough - the last time something significant happened I found myself trapped in a tunnel with two twin boys while fighting off a lot of confused spirits. I wonder how the boys are…” She muttered softly, smiling at the thought of them.

A scent caught Kythe’s attention and she scowled slightly; resting a hand upon Corvix’ shoulder to halt the War Horse in his stride.
”My Lady?”
”It’s alright Mordekai; no danger as far as I can tell.” She reassured her Cleric, picking up on his tone and the defense already building there on her behalf. ”The scent is somewhat familiar… in fact it is of the same family…” She muttered - the scent was faint but it reminded her of the boys as though their scent lingered upon this person just as their scent had been upon the boys. ”Let’s go say hello.”
”Is that wise my Lady?”
”Oh don’t you start.” Kythe muttered, rolling her eyes as she gently nudged Corvix with her heels, spurring the stallion forwards through the curvaceous trees. ”Greetings Sir!” She called when the man finally came into view.
Cymbel

Character Info
The fey jumped at the sound of hoof beats and a voice loudly calling, putting a hand to his chest with a sigh of relief when he saw a lady saddled on her mount. He had removed the glamour spell that was normally present on his appearance, bearing a striking resemblance to his youngest son. To Kythe the similarities made it clear whom the silver-haired boy took after, and by his brother's appearance a few hints were given on their mother. Tilting his parasol to show his face to the strangers, the fairy dragons ducked behind him, peering from behind his shoulders. They trilled softly, shyly hiding from the new faces. In the time before this chance meeting, Cymbel was doing his best to keep out of the reach of the rather flirtatious dryads, remembering his embarrassment from years before. "Oh, hello?" He answered, voice slightly faltering. Normally he wouldn't impose in such a manner right away, but he was growing more concerned the longer he and his wife were apart. Gathering his courage he asked them: "Pardon me asking you so suddenly, but have you happened to come across a somewhat distraught brunette woman running about? She's a few inches shorter than my height, hair past her shoulders. At a first glance it might be easy to mistake her for my double due to our similar build."

As much as he wished to find Shiloh as soon as possible, he wanted to be discreet and honor her desire to keep her identity hidden from others. Being known as the husband of a deity might put himself in a precarious position, with so many fortune-seekers on the island and all. If she knew he had followed her here, he would get an earful before being whisked back to the house, another reason to find her first before she found him. Small patches of crocus and cyclamens were beginning to sprout around his feet, a trail of blooming clusters showing where he had walked. The enchanted boots worked even in the frigid Glaciem section of Horae, though the flowers that emerged matched the season. Wondering if he had asked for too much from a pair of travelers, he began to apologize. "If you haven't, that's quite alright…I'll be on my way then. I apologize." With a slight bow, he started moving backward only to jump back at the sound of a tree giggling. His face starting to glow a light tinge of pink, he hurriedly attempted to go back the path from which he came. 

Though he was harmless, it was clear something was worrying him. He didn't seem to be here for the divine boon of riches that were showering the isle. The little flock of fairy dragons clustered around him as he whispered for them not to drift off. "Where could she be? I hope she hasn't caused anyone trouble." He sighed. Shaking his parasol, a small handful of coins slid off into the dry grass, the gleaming light causing the fairy dragons to swarm around them. "No no, come back here! They're only coins, not sweets. Here, I'm sure I have a few pieces of marzipan and nougat in my pocket…"

"Fairies will promise you everything, but they always lie. Each and every one of them is a great and terrible beauty."
Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Alignment: CG
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
Kythe cocked her head to one side and scowled slightly as she got a proper look at the man before her - now that she could see him she began to put the pieces together and realised just why his scent was familiar, there was no mistaking the family resemblance not even slightly! A large smile crossed Kythe’s face and she bowed atop Corvix’ back, the stallion snorting slightly and swivelling his ears as he listened to the sounds all around him (mainly Mordekai bringing up the rear slowly and wheezing about it).
”My apologies; I did not mean to frighten you companions.” Kythe said softly as her eyes caught sight of the Fairy Dragons, her heart skipping a little as she looked at them - they reminded her of her beloved Alura; she had buried the Faerie Dragon back in Myna when her life had finally come to an end, it had been a sad day for the woman, Alura had been a companion of hers for so many years, in fact for a time she had been Kythe’s eyes.
Shaking her head she gave him a remorseful smile. ”I’m afraid not; you’re the first person we’ve encountered out here actually - somewhat bizarre given the situation by all rights!” She laughed softly, looking over her shoulder and rolling her eyes at Mordekai who was stood a few metres back glaring daggers at her because she had made him run.

”Oh please! Don’t run off on my account.” She added, smiling as the Dragons flocked to the gold coins that the man had shook loose from his umbrella. Placing Tymor back upon her shoulder Kythe dismounted, one hand resting on Corvix’ muscled neck for a moment before she stepped forward towards the slight man, one hand held out in greeting as she smiled at him, wings half furled so that she could block Mordekai from view - she could feel him glaring at her even at this distance especially now she was on her own feet.
”Kythe Silverheart, I don’t suppose you have two twin boys do you? You’re the spitting image of Belen and Cyril.” She said softly, the fondness she held for the pair obvious in her tone. ”I’m sorry if I’m wrong in my opinion but the familiarity seems too great for me to be wrong and if I’m right then let me just say you have a wonderful pair of sons. I can only hope my own grow up to be so sweet.” She added almost absentmindedly, placing her hand on her growing belly with a smile. ”I met them in the mines a little while back when they reopened - Cyril is extremely sensitive but he will have a wonderful talent for dealing with the spirits once he’s old enough to channel it and Belen has such a large heart and brave despite his own reservations.” She continued, laughing slightly. ”Apologies, my hormones have made me extremely maternal of late and I did so enjoy the company of those two when we were together.”

Looking over her shoulder at her Cleric she rolled her eyes at him. ”Would you like some company in finding your lady companion? We came to pick up some of the treasure that Lady Angela and Lord Zanar have so kindly thrown about the island in order to fund a Guild my son and I wish to set up but I’m sure we could lend a hand in finding her with you? That’s Mordekai by the way; he’s here to ensure I don’t do anything strenuous, in other words here’s here to be a killjoy and ensure I have no fun.”
Cymbel

Character Info
"Oh…I half-expected as much." He said with disappointment in his voice. Shiloh wasn't someone who stayed in one place long unless there was a pressing reason for it. She was more familiar with trekking through the wilderness so there was no guarantee she would stay by the paths. The fey noticed the man coming from behind the lady, somewhat worn out and without much enthusiasm. He hardly had time to wonder about her wings when she said something even more surprising. "You've met them? Oh, yes I remember. They wanted to explore the mines shortly after my wife departed with her own party. I must have forgotten to ask them how it went." Hearing someone praise your children was new to to him, to which he bashfully smiled at the lady's glowing words. Though when she mentioned the subject of channeling he felt a brief second of discomfort. He didn't have the heart to say that would be something his younger son might not be able to achieve. Again he was thankful that he had come alone. Cyril put on a brave face, but Cymbel remembered how crestfallen he had been when he learned he was being transferred to study under ascetic training having done poorly with handling the four basic elements.

That moment was over once Belen was brought up. "He's a bit reckless, though he does watch over his brother like his own shadow. Not all siblings get along, but from birth they've been inseparable." And he was glad for it. He himself had never experienced that same level of closeness with his own elder siblings, most already having come of age while he was a child. Taking care of two infants at once was a great challenge, but he and Shiloh had managed to keep things all together. They had Shiloh's staff and their close friends to thank for giving them the support and assistance they needed, as well as experience in caring for their boys. The lady's attendant seemed quite cross with her, while the lady felt he was being a bother. Cymbel was hesitant to inquire, though he was soon given the answer. "Ah, forgive me! I should have realized it sooner–congratulations! I'm sure he or she will be a healthy child when it is their time." That would explain the attendant's displeasure of his mistress; he was concerned for her health seeing that she was with child. He gave the man a sympathetic nod. 

The situation then complicated itself further when Lady Silverheart offered to aid him in finding his wife, then proceeded to mention that this unusual boon of wealth was due to Lady Angela and another deity within the Conclave. Worry clouded his expression again when he realized what would happen once Shiloh learned that the deities themselves were responsible for this. "Oh I–I would greatly appreciate it, yes. The deities have certainly been quite generous with this blessing…" Doing his best to suppress his newfound anxiety, he added: "It will be difficult to find her location, since I doubt she'll be in the same place for long. But I can easily recognize her on sight, and I'll call so she'll see me. Oh but just a small, little warning–when we find her, please don't mention what you just told me in her presence. Unlike most here, she wasn't exactly thrilled when she heard money and rare jewels were raining from the sky. That's why she ran off, actually."