Archive Home > Archives > 2022 Archives > The Obscure Bastion > Weariness [Solo, R]
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
There had been changes, twists, and turns in the vaewolf’s life in the last few years. One thing that hadn’t changed though was his resolve in solving the complex mess that was the beings that visited and violated Revaliir. The very same that had used one of their own against them, who almost slain another and caused for the very delicate system of the world to collapse. It took a great deal of time and resources to stop it, though Nemesis was very certain that they merely incapacitated it, not completely destroy it. And worse, there was the possibility of others that were capable of doing the same, if not worse and even the gods couldn’t reach whatever place they settled in. It was frustrating that he put whatever time he could into a fruitless pursuit.

Though he wouldn’t know that his patience would be tested until this eve as he was in the garden, mindlessly admiring his collection of statues that represented past and present lovers. It was a quiet sunset until he heard a voice he hadn’t caught wind of in such a long time. At first, he stared into the statue mirroring his first love for it was her voice that fell onto his ears. It was most certainly a trick of the mind, was it not?

“No, Nemesis. Turn around.”

Again, the voice of an angel rang at him, and hesitantly, Nemesis shifted and saw a small brunette with crimson eyes. Her locks interwoven into a ponytail that fell in front of her shoulder and the dress…it was the very one that he saw her before the pyre was lit. “What do you want?”, he said, nearly snarling at the sight of her. He knew who it was and felt repulsed that it would dare use her image. “Angela was right about you. You are a pain in the ass.”

“Nemesis…while I’d admire your determination in the eldritch situation, I wish for you…to stop.”

The vaewolf huffed and went to turn around when he felt her small hand reach for his shoulder. “And why should I? You wish to be neutral and see our world obliterated?”

“No, but trying to find them will only bring chaos. Those creatures are beyond your power and understanding. Even beyond my own.”

Nemesis huffed again and brushed her hand off him. “Use her again as a disguise and I’ll make sure you regret it.”

“Mayhaps Angela would be able to reach you better…” The Voice thought about it for a moment and shook her head. “Nevermind, she likes to meddle too much as well. Nemesis…I’m trying to see you not doom yourself… “

“If you truly know me, which I severely doubt, you would know that I don’t fear death that easily. We are bedfellows after all these years, after all. Now, remove her face from yourself.”

The voice stepped around until she was no longer in his sight and came full circle, this time as the angel that he claimed as a sister.

“You’ll jesting”, he spoke, rubbing at his temples.

“No, you just have a collection for me to choose from”, the angel said, pointing at the statues. “Regardless, heed my word, Nemesis. The last god of darkness didn’t and I was forced to replace him with who I thought could handle power better. Don’t prove me wrong.

With that, the angel disappeared completely, letting her words be a reminder to the stubborn god as he contemplated the situation at hand.

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!