Archive Home > Archives > 2022 Archives > The Obscure Bastion > Vacation [P/R]
Raine

Character Info
Name: Raine
Alignment: CG
Race: Rainbow Phoenix
Class: Avatar of Life and Love
Silver: 2642
Raine nodded and smiled, “Will you teach me how to dance?” She looked up at Maalik and realized she didn’t know how to do many things. “I know how to move my feet and sway my arms but I don’t think that counts as actual dancing.”

Already the phoenix looked a little better as she got to see new things. Once Maalik was in the carriage with her she took his hand in hers and squeezed it. “I… won’t worry about the temple.” The carriage left and they found themselves along the lanes.

Coming into view was a huge Abedian building of white and gold. The same colors that were associated with her lady. “We’re here Lady Raine and Lord Maalik. Please, follow me.” They were lead into the main lobby and it was quiet.

There were people relaxing. “We’ll show you to your room first and allow you to settle in. This is a map of the compound with activities that you can do. Lady Angela wishes for you to receive a scalp treatment first for your balding issue.”

“DON’T SAY IT OUT LOUD,” Raine was almost in tears again as she tried to hide her head in Maalik’s chest.

“My apologies. She did say you were sensitive about it…” The woman bowed and showed them to a master suite. “Here you go.”

The bedroom was huge with a large tub in a washroom that looked out over the ocean around Abed. “WOOWWWWWWWW.” Raine came in and spun around. “I’ve never seen anything like this before.” The bed was huge and plush. Raine saw a man bring in their luggage and set it down before leaving them.

“This is… a lot to take in.” Raine looked up at Maalik. “Thank you… for coming with me. I know you were really busy…”

Maalik

Character Info
Name: Maalik Volkov
Alignment: TN
Race: Shapeshifter
Class: Avatar of Darkness and Light
Silver: 639
“Dance?” Maalik has observed people dancing before, but never once had done that deed himself. “I’d have to actually learn myself first”, he answered, rubbing the back of his neck. Inwardly, he was loathing having to participate in the local’s customs and the last thing he wanted was to dance. “It counts for more than what I’m familiar with it. But I don’t think it will be too difficult.”

“I’m sure they are doing fine.” Did he believe that? A part of him did, with a grain of salt. But he didn’t need Raine to worry about her stressor and Angela had plenty of help to get her through Terra. What could possibly go wrong there? Maalik was also trying not to worry about his own things. Hopefully, Lady Celeste and Nemesis would be able to handle things correctly without his guiding hand. His thoughts vanished as they arrived at the spa. He had to admit, the sight of it was breathtaking

Maalik rolled his eyes as they arrived inside and Raine heard exactly the wrong thing from their hostess. “Don’t worry, she’ll be fine. Just been having a rough time” His hand laid onto her head and slowly rubbed the top of it. Though he had to be careful in not doing so too harshly- he didn’t want more of her scalp to be left without hair (or feathers).

The room they were to stay in was very ambient in their surroundings. No expenses spared- he wondered how much clout Angela had in this land, especially with the so-called curse. He sat onto the corner of their lavish bed. “I can see why. I’m surprised that you haven’t been to this island before.”

He half-heartedly waved off the thought, “Not as busy as you’ve been these days. As long as this de-stresses you, then I don’t mind coming and experiencing this with you.”