Archive Home > Archives > 2022 Archives > The Obscure Bastion > Left for Dead [GO] [R]
Zora

Character Info
Name: Zora Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Speaker of Shadows
Silver: 401
Nemesis kept speaking of an event, a big change. As if this world was not always the way it appeared now. That somehow there had been a different world before this one. Of course she didn’t remember this, though this was no surprise. She couldn’t even remember her childhood. Sometimes she wondered if she had parents out there. Or siblings. All she knew was that the one person she could still see in her memory was sitting right here with her. He had been important to her. They had been something. 

“You can’t have done much wrong. I don’t think my instincts are as blank as my memory. And my instincts tell me I am safe here. I feel,” she paused. Elated, loved, admiration. “Like I belong here.” She settled on a more neutral response. One that didn’t make her seem like the fawning girl with butterflies in her stomach that she was. It was clear he was trying to steer her away from that path, but she couldn’t help what she felt so innately inside herself. She felt that she belonged there by his side, cloaked in his shadow. 

He seemed amused by her memory of baths and recounted one of the times they had been together. Zora was left wondering what type of game they could have possibly been playing. She wished she could remember it so keenly as he did. Perhaps if she could relive it in her mind, in her dreams she could savor that and not constantly long for more. “Well, you certainly are an image of perfection.” She smiled. “I imagine I’m not the only woman with these type of thoughts about you.”

Zora wondered what great purpose he could have for her. She certainly didn’t currently feel that she was strong or important enough to accomplish much worthy of a God’s attention. But perhaps he could teach her. He said she had lost talents, magic for one. She looked down at her hand and slowly moved around her fingers. A little ball of shadow pooled there. When she jumped in surprise, it vanished. “So it appears I do. Will you teach me? I want to serve only your will and mine.”

When he came near her, her breath caught. When his fingers touched the puckered skin of the scars a chill ran down her spine and her bottom lip quivered. She could only imagine what it would be like to have him fully touch her. She wondered if her body could handle it. There was a bitter cold that brought goose bumps to her skin. It faded quickly and he motioned to a mirror. She turned, her arms still folded to shield her nakedness. Zora saw the perfectly smooth flesh there and nearly tested up. She would never have to look upon it again.

She paused for but a moment before pulling the dress back up. Zora turned and motioned for him. “If you don’t mind? I can’t secure this by myself.” Once the corset of her dress was pulled tightly and tied, she ran her finger through fiery locks before glancing in the mirror. Everything was in its place.

“I will do whatever you need me to do. I can go to cities. I can stay here and see to matters you do not want to bother yourself with. Whatever you need me for, I am here.” Did Gods have personal troubles she wondered? Weren’t they all mortals before being chosen? “And if you need anything personal, you know, advice or anything of the sort I will do my best.” She reached for his hand and once again pressed the warm flesh of the back of his palm to her lips.

She reached out and pulled herself to him, her chest pressing against his and her head finding the place in the crook of his neck. She breathed in and smelled his scent. It was intoxicating to her. “Did you ever love me?” Her eyes turned upwards to him from her resting spot on his chest. “I can handle the truth. I just… need to know.”

A constellation of tears on your lashes
Burn everything you love then burn the ashes