Archive Home > Archives > 2022 Archives > The Obscure Bastion > Sermon (GO,R)
Reaver

Character Info
Name: Reaver Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf (Beta)
Class: High Priest of Shadows
Silver: 445
When the news reached him of whom had been granted deity hood, he could hardly believe the fact that his vampire brother had been chosen. Reaver had thought of it to be a cruel joke or a flat out lie. Why would a force such as this Voice select a man that had been through the mental wringer? Nemesis was beyond saving, allowing his rage and hatred to rule him and his little flocks that ended up disbanding. It was hard to separate him from his righteous side- Raeguel was at least someone he would respect and understand. But that darker being that had corrupted him, the one that claimed to be the real him was still out on the loose and doing who knew what.

From the time he had arrived at the Obscure Bastion, Reaver quickly felt like a giant weight was placed onto his person. Was it that the bastard knew that he was here in this realm? He wouldn’t have put it passed him as he started to explore the dark forest. The eerie howls hardly made him flinch in his boots- it was more so that he didn’t know what to expect outside of the wolves that patrolled the area. Likely a touch that Nemesis added in due to his new heritage. The dark-haired man ventured through the path, which felt like it constantly stretched on no matter how much progress he made. It was getting harder to not believe that this was some ploy to torment him, but regardless he had to go and see the ‘god’.

After some time, his olive eyes caught sight of various buildings done in a foreign but familiar way. He looked in wonder as he recognized their style as the one that was back home, one he hadn’t seen since that terrible night. The confusion only festered in him as one particular one stood out- it was a grand cathedral, one that looked to be nearly whole unlike the rest of them. It stood before him, almost as if it was beckoning him to enter. “More games, Nemesis?”, he shouted, wanting his host to answer. But nothing would come to him, which started to agitate him more. In a former life, he was a priest that taught a small religion to the townspeople and later became a voice for his vampire brethren before everything went to hell. Damn both Logan and Nemesis for their damn, petty feud. Andrea had paid dearly, as well as the rest of their family. Slowly he made his approach towards the doors of the church and swung them open. What he expected to find was for it to be abandoned and worn down; what was the reality was quite different, to his amazement. Everything from the pews and the pulpit to the stained glass windows was well kept. It was beautiful and the vampire felt his throat dying up, but unsure why. Memories played around in his head of his times spent in similar settings, and from there as he made his way to the pulpit, his thoughts turned to that of his life as a human. One that had a wife and child once an upon a time before fate dictated that he sought for both revenge and a purpose afterward.

Swinging around it, he stood and looked around the large room, his arms resting on the pedestal. Taking a deep, unnecessary breath, Reaver closed his eyes and spoke out loud, “Good eve, my brothers and sisters. We are here to speak of our ‘lord’, the Dark Kaiser. A pretentious, hardheaded lord that expects to take everything into his own hand. Reason is beyond him at times, no matter how much you try. But he at least has a sense of humor, as cruel as it could be at times.”

His fingers drummed against the wooden sides of the pulpit, waiting to see when he would be visited, but for the time being, he would continue onward, “I have spoken to him on that night; wanting to talk reason to him. But blinded by hate, rage, and grief, he took justice into his own hand and caused our entire family ruin. And for what? I too loved Andrea. She was my sister, one before she was turned.” Blood started to fester from his eyes like tears, but he wiped them onto his sleeve. “My wife…my son…, they were all taken from me and I couldn’t do anything for them other than avenge them, but Andrea? I could only obey the law and the judgment made by both peers and superiors. Why Nemesis? Why kill off the rest of them? They were the last things that connected me to something greater than myself?”

Alt Account of Brandon, Admin :P
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
Just as his brother believed, the very moment he set foot into his realm did Nemesis know immediately who it was. The question was more so why was the wayward brother seeking him out? Their relationship was strained to put it nicely and while Reaver got along well with his former light side, the darkness hadn't really cared for him up until now. He had been in his newly created throne room, sitting upon a seat worthy of the Dark Kaiser as he followed the visitor mentally through the woods and onto his little district that fancied their homeland. No doubt had he stunned the man as they played this bizarre little game until he had taken refuge in the church. 

Nemesis rolled his eyes at the jest of a sermon that the former priest gave. Even remembering the name Augustus embittered him for it carried those rough, painful memories. If only they would have killed Logan…if the council would have only done that much, then the family would still be intact. But no- they were to exile that bastard and give him a new lease on life? Of course, he would avenge his lover and Reaver's sister. The more it went on, the angrier he became. He was about to come over there and expel him from the Bastion when he noticed the slightest change of tone. For as long as he knew Reaver, the man kept his emotions in check- he knew he was pained by Andrea's death but it wasn't until he actually saw the blood tears that he fully recognized it. Nemesis wasn't above admitting mistakes these days and though painful, he could admit that he was hasty in destroying most of their line. It was now only Reaver that kept the namesake and blood within him. 

Moments before he appeared before the disgraced priest, he kept silent and let the man drown in his sorrows- his family killed, his home vanquished and he had nothing left. 

Nemesis thought and pondered at how to approach the delicate situation before he appeared at the front pew, slowly clapping at the service. "You didn't need them to find purpose. You were capable of doing that yourself, Reaver. Whether you believe me or not is up to you."

Then there was more silence between the two as the god got comfier and leaned back as his eyes kept on his "big brother". "Fate has delivered you before me, just as much as it played a hand in your wife and child's passing. Just as it had with your sister's untimely demise. Just as if had for my path and all that came after our turnings. Reaver, will you merely be an instrument of fate, or will you take charge of it?" He tilted his head and placed one leg up against the knee of the other. "Why did you come here? Ask yourself that- it had to be more than just checking to see me or ridiculing me so spitefully." 

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Reaver

Character Info
Quickly did he wipe away the tears once he heard that all too familiar voice. The god had arrived, or more importantly, his brother. He didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of seeing him weeping; the man’s arrogance was already high enough for his taste. “Hard to believe that, coming from you”, he replied, standing his ground as he eyed Nemesis. It was a much different feeling from him than when it came to Raeguel; it was almost a pity that it hadn’t been the light that rose, but the darkness instead.

“I came to see how much more your head has been inflated due to your position.” Reaver, for a split second, looked down, almost submissively before he regain eye contact. Something felt off about this. It was a prickling feeling in the back of his mind, but for the life of him, he didn’t know what it was. Perhaps he had already landed in whatever web this fear monger spun. But Nemesis never made a move from the pew, and he simply just talked. When the conversation turned to his slain family, he was much more on edge about having them mentioned from the serpent’s tongue. “Enough, Nemesis”, he said through gritted fangs, finally coming around from the pulpit and marched over to Nemesis. Fear was beyond him- he lost everything. What was life at this point for him? Perhaps through death would he find that salvation that he needed…

The last question was asked just as he was in feet of his target and only when the last word slithered out, did his feet cease to carry him forward. All that anger that stirred in him started to wean and that prickling feeling came back to bother him, more severe this time.

“Reaver, for everything we’ve been through, you know that you and I are intertwined, destined to see our house flourish. But no one ever said that it had to be the Augustus House”, the Lord spoke as he leaned forward. “I have seen House after House fall, their potential squander due to in-fighting, greed, extinction. I am no more innocent than Logan after what I have done, no matter my resolve.”

Nemesis stood up and circled the priest, who was dumbfounded to see that he was admitting his faults while he battled whatever was causing him mental turmoil at the same time. There were no parlor tricks being played, even if he believed the vaewolf to be the cause of it. “I am sorry, for what is it worth. Not all of them should have been killed, but I did love your sister. Even you couldn’t deny that.”

Reaver fell silent; no words he could manage to choke out as it all felt surreal to him. Why of all times were Nemesis apologizing? Had he really changed all that much from his rise? Or perhaps it was from crossing realms? Either way, this wasn’t that delinquent little boy that had been the newest entry into their former house nor the demented monster he grew up to be. Perhaps…he did really change.

So what of Reaver? He kept fast to the past, unable to move on other than a love that was now gone from his life. He had a little bit of a family in Lucian and Nerezza, but they had long since grown up by the time he even knew of them. The pinging continued as he felt weaker physically and even more so emotionally and mentally. All of that bravado vanished and uncertainly filled the void.

“You do not have to believe me, but the three of us were happy at one point, remember?” With that, Nemesis changed the scenery, and Reaver looked up to see a glimpse of the past- both of them were there, though quite younger and there also was Andrea. His mouth fell over, and eyes tearing up again as he witnessed the three of them enjoying their lives together. Back when they were all friends until his sister had fallen for the knight and vice versa. He was the one that even gave the blessing for them to move forward with their relationship. “Why…why are you showing me this?”, he managed to speak out, afraid that any words now would cause him to fall apart. “You and I… know how this fairy tale ends, Nathaniel.”

“Because we both suffered. Mine was apparent, but I never took into account how you felt, from the time you found her body, to learning of the verdict Logan was given. I was selfish where you maintain loyalty to the House. Only after all my rage had been soothed, centuries later, did I give it thought. Your feelings were exposed here and I see it as plain as day, Matthew.”

“She would want us to make amends and be united again. Do you doubt this?”

Reaver hesitated to answer before giving him a heavy nod. Andrea would want their feud to end, and no matter how much every fiber of him hated Nemesis’ actions, deep down he didn’t hate him. He blinked and watched the fade memories cease and reality sunk in as they stood in the church again.

“Be apart of this family, Reaver. We should not longer be against each other, but stand united once more. The Volkov is small, but our loyalty to one another is solid, and you will no longer be alone again.”

He spread his arms widely, looking for acceptance, and Reaver shuffled over to him like a ship to a beacon. Even if they were pretty words, they were enticing and he knew that they were the last of their kind, of a fallen house that was no more. The chains of the past undoing themselves from his body as he fell onto the man that was forever his brother, sinking into his arms and before long, he felt the pinging again.

This time though, it was not his mind’s doing, but that of the fangs Nemesis plunged into his neck.

Celeste

Character Info
Name: Celeste Volkov
Alignment: LE
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Alpha Female
Silver: 1125
Something was in the air that night and she couldn’t put her finger on it. There was a feeling of togetherness. This intuition as she called it meant that someone had been brought into their fold. It was the night of the full moon and so her body was stuff in its small form. She ventured out of their bed and down onto the steps used for her since the bed was high.

Her long pink hair was braided and thrown over her shoulder. She wore a simple black and red nightdress made of silk fit for a woman of her standing. She ventured through the temple until she found Nemesis carrying someone and felt her ears tingle a bit.

She followed the god and knew that he had discovered him near her. They were always aware of each other and had been for a long time. Once he had put Reaver in his own bed Celeste came into the room and peeked into it. “A friend of yours?”

The elf was gentle as she tippy-toed onto the bed and placed her hand to Reaver’s forehead. “This will be a difficult battle for him.” She climbed her way up and sat next to the would-be vaewolf. “He was a vampire?” She had seen these violent fits in Ayla before him but not nearly as bad as it would be for Reaver now.

She stayed by Reaver’s side after she got a potion or two and kept them by the bed. This new family member was a priority now. Once she saw Reaver stirring she leaned over him and looked at him with her red eyes. “You are awake now? How do you feel?” She put her wrist to his forehead again. “You are burning up more than usual…”

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."
—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
He felt a pang of fear settle onto his once brother as he fed off of the blood that had once been shared by the two. It was an old blood and the flavor was a tad bitter to his taste, but Nemesis continued onto until Reaver was nearly drained and lifeless. From there, that fear ceased and barely conscious, he wouldn’t know what the god was about to do next until he was fed the blood of the Volkovs, enough to keep him in this world and not passing over into the next. His head felt like it was spinning and he coughed violently as if he hadn’t breathed in ages. Perhaps because his lungs hadn’t been used for that long. He faded into black and Nemesis carried him away from the church, all the way to the mansion where his love was resting. Or so he thought. Once he made it up the stairs, he felt Celeste’s eyes upon him, but he motioned towards the room regardless. They kept no secrets from one another and all she would have to do was ask what was going on and who this stranger in his arms was.

When Reaver was placed down onto the bed, Nemesis turned to his adoring wife. “Much more than that. He is the other survivor of my first family and brother to Andrea. Reaver.” He didn’t have to explain what had happened, she knew this much from observing the man for a few moments. Her mind had always been so gifted to read situations well. “Yes. I know the risks, but perhaps that old blood of his will help his survival.” The Volkovs’ blood was a mixture of powerful heritages, but one of the progenitors had been the Augustus as much as it was the others.

If he was wrong, then they would bury his remains and find comfort that his internal suffering was no more. But if he did make it through the transformation…

Hours passed and the only sign of his thriving was the rising and falling of his chest as he breathed. Nemesis and Celeste stood by until he started to come to. The moment his green eyes opened, he spotted a young girl looing being over him and he sat up. His shirt was removed and laid at the edge of the bed and he looked confused and startled. “Where the hell am I? And who are you, girl?” He shifted over to where Nemesis stood with his back against the wall. “What’s going on? Why did I pass out? And why…”

He froze as if he didn’t quite hear her right. Burning up? What in the devil did she mean?

“Burning up? I’m not sick, can’t be.”

His head still felt like it was swimming and he laid back down. He took a breath and felt something wrong inside of him. It took almost forever and day for him to realize what it meant. “Nemesis, why am I breathing? I don’t need to breathe… “

“But you do now, Reaver. You are alive again, reborn into this world as a creature like myself and my wife, Celeste”, he spoke, gesturing to her.

“What?”

Reaver looked at her, gasping mouth and all. “Gods, I must be sicker than I thought.”

“Calm yourself. You survived the first hurdle, and you will need your strength to make through the rest.”

Reaver looked at Celeste again, not believing all of this entirely. "How the hell long have you been with him? You can't be that young…"

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Celeste

Character Info
Celeste nodded a bit and continued to look over him. “He appears fine for now. At least he can’t wake up and throw you into a wall.” There was a light snort of laughter as she cleared Reaver’s hair from his face. Her fingertips were light and quick almost as if she didn’t want to wake him from the sweeping motion. He was technically her brother-in-law then if she remembered correctly. Family was important to the Volkovs so she wanted to make sure that he had the best care.

Immediately when Reaver sat up Celeste pushed him back down. “You are going to make yourself sick. Stay laying down.” He would probably feel the head rush from sitting up too quickly. Her movements were gentle despite what she was and how she could be. There was concern in her eyes as well. He shouldn’t have had a fever as he did, was it the two types of blood conflicting even though the Volkov line was made with the Augustus?

“You are home now. Well, one of our homes. I’m no girl.” Nemesis was looming on the wall and had left Reaver in Celeste’s immediate care. She could take care of a new Volkov if she had too but she had the feeling that Ivan wasn’t that far away either.

The small woman let Nemesis take over-explaining everything, well not quite. He was actually really vague about the whole thing but maybe it was to keep the man from being confused in the state he was living in. She leaned back and sat on top of her legs folded under her. “I’m close to three thousand in age and I’ve spent most of my life with Nemesis.” She batted those pretty pink eyelashes at Reaver.

“This isn’t good Nemesis.” Celeste was upfront. “He shouldn’t have this high of a fever.” She looked over at the potions she got. “He will need some food but… I’m going to go get her.” Despite how much Nemesis didn’t like Angela Celeste preferred not to lose family if they could help it.

She climbed backwards off the bed and lowered herself down. Her foot slipped and she held an annoyed face before finally planting herself down. “I will be back.” It didn’t take long for the matriarch of the Volkovs to bring back the red-haired goddess. Angela was yawning and looked like she had just gotten pulled out of bed herself.

“House calls haven’t been my thing in centuries,” the goddess yawned more and covered her mouth as she stumbled over towards Reaver. She looked rather adorable with her messy red hair and disheveled clothes. “Yup, that’s a vaewolf.”

“Very funny Angela,” Celeste crossed her arms as she climbed back up onto the bed but instead of having trouble she felt her bottom being pushed up by Angela. “I didn’t need your help.”

“Hush, you dragged me out of bed remember?” Angela put her wrist to Reaver’s forehead. “She’s right. His fever is way too high even for this. His body is fighting it like an infection. It happens all the time when you go to attach an arm that doesn’t belong. The body kills it off and I wouldn’t be too shocked if his body was trying to do that to all his new living organs.” She put her hand to her chin for a moment. “I have something for this… A just in case ‘Nemesis does something like turn a vampire’ potion I brewed about a month ago.”

Celeste made a face and watched as the Goddess phased out and back in. “Drink this. You’ll hate it, I promise. It’s bitter as all hell and it stinks. Both of which you can do now with improved qualities… if not excellently.” Angela held out a tall glass of something green and slimy looking. “It’s going to suck so try drinking it all at once.”

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."
—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
Reaver

Character Info
“I should throw you through a fucking wall”, Reaver nearly shouted. “But what good would that do, my liege?” He crossed his arms before being forced to lay back down. So much to process, such little time and all the while, he felt his body in pain and heating up. He still couldn’t believe that this female was Nemesis’ wife- oh he couldn’t wait until he got a whiff of how they met. That was if he survived first. According to them, he was in much more danger than he believed, while Nemesis fathomed the reason for it. “The bite is normally deadly for vampires and werewolves, and though Ayla made it through, she was already alive. Reaver ceased living for over centuries. I doubt that his body was ready to be awoken so suddenly.”

“Great, I always knew you’d be the end of me…” His eyes turned much softer and looked at the lucky woman. “Sorry. The first thing I saw was some strange girl looking thing over me; gonna have a bit of a reaction.” He coughed a few times before laying onto his side. He listened to the conversation between those two and he could hear the God getting a tad upset over Celeste seeking out the help of another. He peeked from around his corner to see why he had been bothered and within time, she came back with someone that he saw only saw once.

“Angela?” Again, he moved to sit up. He hadn't seen her since the wedding of her daughter. Apparently Nemesis didn't seem too happy with how things were going.

His mutterings ceased as Nemesis rolled his eyes at their guest. It was bad enough to involve her in a great deal of what they did. “I don’t see you for centuries, and now I see you every other day.” He believed that he was cursed somehow with being tied with the goddess for the rest of their days. Just what had he done back too? it was anyone’s guess.

The vaewolf alpha growled at her with that snarky little comment and Reaver turned to see the disgusting look of his brother at Celeste.

“Well, down the hatchet?”, he sighed before it was time whether he liked it or not to drink up that disgusting, vile concoctions? “I better survive this then” He left the three as he stomached the liquid. It burnt his throat and went down not too pleasantly. “Think I liked you better when you were awake” He had to make it out and survive. Regardless, he downed that awful stuff and regretted it almost instantly.

“Just kill me”, he said with his tongue sticking out at her. He felt the coolness of the pillow as his head fell back against it. “So how long am I bedridden until?”

“I have no idea. In truth, you should have died, Reaver.”

Celeste

Character Info
“Ayla was also a fantastic strong warrior with the personality to match. If anyone could beat the bite it would be her but you are right she was alive. However, she also woke up pissed off and went after her sire with a vengeance. I thought we were going to lose poor Ivan~” Celeste cooed.

Celeste chuckled a bit. “It isn’t the first time someone has reacted that way to me. Nemesis always gets so offended when they think I’m his daughter.” Not that she blamed them she did look rather young in this form and almost taboo to boot.

“Hello Reaver,” Angela let another yawn slip as her eyes watered and she wiped the tears away with some sleep sand from her eyes. “Oh don’t be so dramatic. You wouldn’t see me so much in the first place if you hadn’t thought with your dick.” Celeste nearly choked on her own spit at how much venom the goddess had.

“You aren’t a morning person are you?”

“Is anyone? Morning people are the bane of my existence.” Angela muttered a bit before she tried to shake the sass out of her blood. “I hate being woken up. But since its Rezza’s favorite Uncle Reaver I suppose I can behave for a while longer and help. She would never forgive me if he died.”

Angela tilted her head a bit and let a laugh out. “I prefer myself awake. I’m very crabby otherwise. Your niece is keeping me on my toes and Voice forbid I get a moment of silence where Lucian isn’t screaming for me to come get her right at that moment.”

The goddess looked Reaver over and took a sigh. “At least a few days. Your body is changing at a slower rate now and I’ve disabled and confused your body structure so you can adjust faster.”

Celeste had a look of confusion on her face after a second. “Wait… Why is Lucian screaming for you? Isn’t he an adult?”

“He is… but well Rezza found out she is pregnant and six months at that. Things have been trying and Kaiser goes out on business trips every once in a while. This last time she drove us both mental. She’s got a bad case of the pregnancy crazies. She packed her brother’s girlfriend up and threw her stuff out the window of the mansion back home. Nezza tried to move in with her brother so she could curl up next to him like they did when they were kids. Lucian about had a conniption. Something about if I didn’t come to get Nerezza or bring Kaiser home he was going to kick his sister out and not care if she cried for days and nothing Raeguel or myself said would do anything.” There was an eye roll. “Everything Lucian is saying is making her cry on top of it.”

Celeste was in a bit of shock. “Congratulations on yours and Nemesis’s grandchild?”

“Oh yes, I’m quite excited but she needs to have this baby so we can all have peace of mind right now. She’s exhausting me.” Angela chuckled a bit. There was a pause and Angela looked at the corner of the room. “By the way, Celeste?”

“Hm?”

“You do realize what time it is right?”

Celeste blinked in confusion before it dawned on her. “OH NO,” it left her mouth a bit too late before the magic took hold. She grew right in front of them and her clothes snapped and finally, she was holding herself. Angela reached and covered Reaver’s eyes after she realized that Nemesis might not like it but not before he got an eye full of the beautiful elf.

—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
Reaver

Character Info
“Yes, it would have been a shame if something happened to that poor boy.” Nemesis didn’t bother to mask his irritation over Ivan- most knew of his feelings but him. Whether it was because he was foolish or simply ignored it was always a mystery to the god. Not that it mattered once Angela came in- he was less annoyed with the woman that seemed to have a hand in virtually his life now. Her reaction only made for his teeth to clench together, while Reaver was trying to recover and didn’t want to be involved in this little spat of theirs. “How coy, Angela. Do not forget you played a bigger part of that, and it was for a reason that didn’t come.”

“Gods…and I don’t mean you two. Can’t you two take your arguing somewhere else?”, Reaver exclaimed, holding onto his forehead. Being alive was much more of a pain in the ass then what he could remember. Nemesis and Angela weren’t helping things. “Y’all sound like the old, cranky married ones around here. No offense, Celeste.”

“Don’t wish that upon me”, Nemesis sighed. That was the last outcome he desired in life. At least due to his niece, he would have enough help to pull through the early morning hours. And then what? He couldn’t help but wonder what would come the following day. His brother wouldn’t have turned him just for the sake of it, that was obvious. There was a grand scheme in this, surely. But right now, he would have to wait and see what played out. Not that he was thrilled with the idea, but at least it was more comforting than his current state. He also looked mildly shocked to hear that Nerezza was pregnant; it didn’t even seem to be very long ago that he met the twins on her wedding night.

Nemesis lifted his gaze at the goddess, his poker face not showing his own shock and feelings on the matter. “Strong bloodlines between them will have that child become a handful as they age.” Nerezza was a handful on her own accord too, now that he thought about it. She caused trouble within and outside the womb with her magic, but at least she had matured on that end. The rest of her, however…?

“From what I’ve gathered, she’s the instigator in their fights and he can’t really subdue her himself”, Reaver said, rubbing at his temples. His throat was a bit dry, something that was strange to feel. “Water?” He cleared his throat and saw Nemesis conjure a glass before holding it out towards him. Snatching it up, Reaver downed the refreshing beverage and ancient memories of partaking into it came back to him. Just hours before, he didn’t have much of a need for such things and now he would have to grow dependant onto them again.

“It’s only going to get worse now that she’s carrying, I’d imagine.”

“How much longer before she gives birth?”, Nemesis hesitated in asking Angela. But she seemed concerned with something else. No one seemed to know what she was talking about at first. Only after did Celeste get it and her husband saw the transformation occurring did he curse Ang’s name beneath his breath. Reaver was all about confused when he saw Celeste in an older form. “What the hell is this?” A moment later, he realized that he was seeing her naked and his doctor shielded his eyes while Nemesis grumbled and rushed out of the room only to return with some garbs to fit his wife in. “Another one of Angela’s debts I find myself in. She gifted her this form so that we can conceive healthy children like our son, Sergei. Unfortunately, he is away in school at the moment.”

Reaver could hardly believe that- Nemesis didn’t seem like a family man, but then again, he had really changed in this world. Everything from forgiveness to his wife and family, even to his reluctance in dealing with others…

“How long this that nasty stuff kicks in? Tried of feeling hot and my head pounding like a hammer is banging against it.”

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
“This is rather tame compared to how we normally are. After all, ~ Nemesis told me he likes me…” Angela smirked a bit and she knew there would be a groan.

“I’m not offended… I’m beginning to wonder if they are the married ones.” There was a chuckle from the elf as she looked between Angela and Nemesis. She wondered how they had parented together with the twins (not that she knew the twins well at all).

“Nezzie has always been a hand full… I wouldn’t be shocked if any child of hers is also that way.” Angela held a fond smile. She tended to act bubbly but Nerezza was capable of being mature and it showed when it leaked through the mask she put on. Most of the time their daughter was just bored and did whatever she wanted to do.

“That is true enough Reaver. Rezza has always been the stronger of the two when it comes to magic. She almost killed her brother when they were in the womb. We had no idea Lucian was even there for most of the pregnancy because of Rezza not only eating at my magic but Lucian’s. She almost killed the both of us and we had to seek out ways of sealing magic. I’ll never forget the look on Nemesis’s face when he found out there were two of them. ‘Why is it always surprises with you?’ That’s what he said to me.”

Angela placed a finger to her chin as she thought. “It’s already gotten a lot worse in the last few weeks. Lucian has always been direct with how he feels and sometimes he is quick to anger especially when it comes to his twin sister. He’s finding himself watching his tongue a lot more least the waterworks start.” There was a sigh because of how much her son had been screaming for her recently. “He can’t handle her for long and ends up screaming for me.”

The goddess had heard Nemesis’s question but she had been consumed in something else. It was time for his wife to gain her new form and it had completely slipped the minds of everyone who knew. Celeste got dressed with the help of Nemesis and sighed a bit in distress. “I thought I had more time than that but I guess I got lost waiting for Reaver to wake up.” There was a blush across the vaewolf’s cheeks.

“It should be kicking in soon.” Angela took a cloth and put it on Reaver’s forehead. “Nemesis has always been good with his kids.” It was almost like she read his mind or maybe she did. “When we were in DaeLuin he would take the twins once they were five. He used to come by frequently before so he could spend time with them. It was always ‘One more Daddy’ ‘Stay for one more hour Daddy’ ‘Do you have to go?’ ‘Can’t you just live here with Mommy?’. Always. Once they started to go stay with him they were so excited to see where he lived. They always followed the rules that he had. Lucian would always start packing six hours before he came to get them. Nerezza would try but she would be so excited she would be bouncing off the walls going from one end of the temple to the other. Up the stairs down the stairs. ‘Daddy is coming to get us today!’ ‘Mommy isn’t this exciting?!’ ‘Do you think he looks different from when I saw him yesterday?’ Always something like that.” Angela was giggling and Celeste was looking fondly imaging it.

“Lucian would yell at her to pack so they could go. She would go from the playroom to her room to the playroom and back. I would have to go see what she was doing and most of the time she was trying to stuff everything into the bag she had. ‘What if I need it?’ ‘What if it isn’t the same as when Daddy tucks me in here?’ Twenty stuffed animals she would try and bring. Lucian would yell at her she was spoiled and she would yell back that he needed to mind his business. I would yell at her and tell her I would settle on only five and she would whine that ‘How am I supposed to pick only five Mommy?’ Nemesis would finally show up to get them and they would run to greet him. Nerezza would almost always try and jump on him from the steps and he would catch her. I would have to remind her she wasn’t done packing and send Lucian to help her and he would whine at me.” Angela now laughed with a full heart.

“They haven’t changed much from then… Only what they argue about has. Nemesis is a good father and he did everything to provide for them. If it was anyone else’s kids he didn’t give a damn but he made sure those twins had a good childhood.” It was a good bunch of memories. They had spent a lot of time together because of the children and she supposed that that was why they argued like they were married. “And to answer your question about Rezza. She has three months to go. They named the little one Emry after finding out they were having a girl.”

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.