Archive Home > Archives > 2022 Archives > The Obscure Bastion > Old Face (p)
Ethan Blackbird

Character Info
Name: Ethan Blackbird
Alignment: LE
Race: Vampire/Diowolf
Class:
Silver: 1380
A literal blast from the past was the best way to describe the evening that was about to unfold. More often than not did Ethan hear of those that had struggled to find their way to this new land of Revaliir. This world was seen as a sanctuary for those that had survived Daeluin’s demise. There was still an essence of surprise that lingered within the vampire’s chest at the survival of himself as well as the others. The Void had been essentially absolute. All that he could think of were that the gods that had taken the mantle had taken what last of their powers to throw who they could to the new land. Or was it the World Tree before it was devoured? Did it really matter? No.

Ethan took in a breath as he crossed his arms over his muscled chest while leaning up against the rolled arm of a couch in the foyer. Crimson orbs had scanned the faces of those depicted in the fountain outside. It had made his chest seize to see the carved marble face of his adopted mother. There had not been an easy way for the young man to deal with the loss. In fact, Ethan had blamed Nemesis for her death. It had been a boy’s lashing out. Now that he was older, those thoughts were long gone. It had not been easy for any of them when Azrail had died. All of it had been rather sudden to the point of it made little sense.

There had been a small smile at the face of Nami. She had been a good woman. Despite her inability to choose a proper mate, he had liked her. Kiba was not good enough for someone like Nami, but he hadn’t pushed the point. The family had managed a small truce between them for the sake of the littles. Then then were Nevaeh. She was here on Revaliir. It was still a shock to know she was alive, but it was good for Isleen to know this information. Eventually they would come back together.

The vampire let out a heavy exhale as he continued to wait for when it would be deemed his turn to meet with the god of darkness and fear. It hadn’t surprised Ethan in the least that the vampire hybrid had been able to find a way to con the Mantle to make him into a deity. What had surprised him was how long it had taken him to do it. He picked off an invisible piece of dust from his black suit coat. That day he wore formal attire to meet Nemesis. Black suit and slacks with a black tie over a white button up shirt. It was comfortable, but no visible weapons were exposed. Ethan could not know how the other vampire would remember him. Would he be fine with the younger hybrid’s presence? Or would he want him out immediately?

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
At the time of the young one’s arrive, the master of the Bastion wasn’t there. Instead, Maalik had been perched nearby and recognized Ethan. The raven had much respect for Ethan for he was the child of his creator, blood or not. Azrail had taken him in when he had no one else and was brought up to be a fine knight. Perhaps he would have been the one to inherit the family she crafted. But the raven knew what he had to do; he shifted and threw himself into a portal to Kurayo.

Nemesis had been back in the manor, studying the moons as he had been for a few nights now. There was something off about them that he noticed, particularly in their colors dimming and certainly unwanted coincidences happening. Maalik found himself on the balcony and lowered his head. “Lord…Ethan is awaiting you back at the Bastion.”

Whatever fascination he had with the lunar bodies ceased the moment he heard the name slip out. The vaewolf looked at his faithful companion, “You sure it’s him?”

“Completely. He has grown much since then, but he’s the Son of Azrail.”

His eyes turned to the sky once more briefly before dismissing it and mended into the shadows to head back. He had been in odds with the man before when he returned and saw what became of the great Shiran family. Of what happened to their beautiful leader. While she still haunted and jeered him from time to time, Nemesis was sure that it wasn’t her. Merely something that stirred from his own mind.

Silently he materialized from the depths inside the manor and spotted his visitor. Maalik had been correct in speaking that he looked more mature than before. The times seemed to have done him some good as he eyed him up and down. “Lord Blackbird, I see that you have survived the transition as well.” He wouldn’t speak to him as if he was still that boy he remembered from Daeluin. No, after everything he had done, he earned Nemesis’ respect to be addressed as the man that his mother would be proud of. The god was adorned in a long ebony cloak with a wolf's head sigil in the middle. His white locks were slicked back and his own red eyes looked…almost troubled by the realization that there were those that were lost forever.

“I have seen some familiar faces since my arrival, but I haven’t seen many of the others. How have you been holding up here?”

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Ethan Blackbird

Character Info
Class:
Time continued to pass. Ethan could feel old nerves beginning to stem up in his chest at the thought that Nemesis wouldn’t want to see him. They had mended their relationship after Azrail, but things still could not be seen the same way that the young vampire hybrid did. Truthfully, he wouldn’t have blamed Nem for putting off their encounter if that was what would happen. There was little chance in the past beyond his work in the order he had joined to prove his mentality had changed. Much of his childhood had been descended into rage at the injustice difference between himself and the Family. It had not been easy for him to come to terms with what he was. Even with being adopted by Azrail he had been different. She had treated him with love and understanding that helped bring his behavior into check.

Hands lowered to rest on the couch arm on either side of him as he glanced around. Thoughts of the Voice announcing to the world came about. Even with the goddess of Death being dead, what would that mean for the world? The balance was off in any way that one looked at the situation. There had to be something else coming around the corner for the new world that he called home. That line of thinking made him shiver slightly considering the embodiment of death had been destroyed. Would another be selected in her place? It had to happen if Revaliir was to continue on the correct path. Maybe that was why Nemesis was delayed. What else had happened that he was unknowing of?

Ethan sensed the god before he saw him materialize from the shadows. Standing up straight, he corrected his suit before giving the deity a fanged smile. Hearing the name made him smile a little brighter. He had thrown off the birth name given to him for the one granted to him by his truly felt mother, Azrail Blackbird. He bowed graciously before the deity at the waist. As he stood up there was still his toothy grin before giving a slight shrug. ”It is still a baffled mess to me how I survived the transition. I was glad to hear that you made it, as well as your newly ascended position. Congratulations are in order, Lord Nemesis.” Though his pleased expression did not leave his face, there was a slight dim. ”Mother would be happy for you; proud of you.”

The vampire-diowolf hybrid looked the older man over. He was healthy and seemed to have every piece of him put into place properly. This was something that felt as a comfort since that was what he was known for. Ethan put his hands in his pant’s pockets while they stood there looking at one another. Each evaluating the other and how time had handled them.

A nod was given in response to the comment made. Yes, there were many that were being able to find their way over to Revaliir as a sanctuary. The timing of them were odd, but yet still good to know it was possible for people to come back. ”Yes, there are a few that I have heard of; a few I have seen.” He took a breath in an attempt to come up with an answer for the man. How could he properly describe it? ”I’m doing as well as can be expected for coming into this world new.” A simple shrug of his shoulders gave more information that his words. He hadn’t quite found a place yet. ”Holding up well enough. It was easier back on DaeLuin I feel. That probably was because it had more of our lives ensconced into it. I am able to eat well enough, if that is what you are wondering.” He had let his attention travel to the room, but brought back to the god. Ethan could admit that he looked up to Nemesis. ”It is taking some time to find my place here. I am still working on the courage to meet the rest of the Family. They have gravitated to one another…but I never was one of them. I was the Son of Azrail. Not one of Them.” Ethan knew that the elder vampire would understand his meaning. They were of a different kind.

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
In comparison to the one that Ethan had known from their homeland, this Nemesis seemed more in control, more patient and damn sure wiser than before. The sundering had played a significant role than even the elder could have predicted. He had been too ambitious and hasty in trying to snatch the world by its feet when all he needed was the time and the chance to do it. For the time being, there were far more important matters to deal with, and one of them was to take up the call for an audience.

He watched Ethan and felt as though he all too well how he must have felt when he arrived in the new realm. “Thank you, though it hasn’t come naturally to me as it did with her as far as adjusting to it. Then again, I was bought up to be a knight, not a king and certainly not a god.” Nemesis wouldn’t speak of the illusions of the former goddess that he’s been seeing for some time now; for one thing, it was unnecessary to give her son false hope. Another was that he wasn’t sure why he was being haunted by her.

“Much have changed with me, Lord Blackbird. Due to the blood shared with Nami, I became something…different than just being a vampire. My heart had beaten once more and I have more feral tendencies, especially at night when the moon’s at its strongest. I’ve had to adjust with the times and started from scratch on an isle called Koschei. Perhaps I should have you over for dinner and see the family I’ve cultivated. A true family. As much as he loved the Shiran, they weren’t closely knitted. In his delusion, he had once thought he created the perfect family, but they were not but cutthroats that seldom worked together if not to appease him. He knew that Ethan had probably seen some of them from the collection of statues outside. And seen those of his past as well.

His eyes shifted for a brief moment to were his loves were and then back to the man. One hand went to adjust the glove of his other, “It is unfortunate. I have seen the remnants of my creation and his sired and Neveah. The others, including Amisi, have not been found and I fear the worse.” Despite the matter of fact tone, there was an edge of sadness that lingered when he spoke the name of his first child. A wasted potential not by her own device, but by that of the shift. He had hoped to run into her someday as he had with Desmond and Saffron but too much time had passed by.

“You are correct; it was easier. A part of me remember those times and do wish things could go back. Another part of me has evaluated what went wrong back then. Had we not lost your mother…if the devoted outranked the selfish… if I had been smarter and not drunk off the power… “ Nemesis walked passed him a short distance before taking to one of the mirrors that hung on the wall. For the next minute, he was quiet as he stared at his own reflection and could have sworn that he saw the glimpse of blonde hair passing around the corner of the room. “I have no doubt that you will find your path in this world. If you need assistance, then I can help. It is the very least I can do for you and your family. He turned to face Ethan, “It mattered not to me if you were of the brood of not; you were personally chosen by Azrail to be a part of her family. You both were her chosen loves, you and Nor…” Nemesis caught himself; even now he had some difficulty speaking the name of the lost daughter whose life was taken too soon by that monster. The god took another moment to relax, “I was instructed to watch over the Shira and the Blackbirds; I failed in the former but as long as you draw breath, I will keep my promise for the latter.

God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Ethan Blackbird

Character Info
Class:
A half smirk and light chuckle escaped him as they both referenced Azrail, though it was difficult for either of them to refer to her by name. In a way it helped Ethan feel more comforted to know that Nemesis still held his mother precious in his heart. The vampire child had grown up and wanted to know that he was going to bring honor to her name. It was not going to be easy in a new world that had not the honor of knowing of her existence. What could she have done with Revaliir had she had the opportunity? Ethan knew that this world would stand no chance.

Looking over the elder vampire god Ethan lifted a brow with a sweep of his hand to gesture towards him. ”You seem to be adjusting well. Knights have a sense of duty that those in power straight out are uncomprehending. I imagine that this world needed something like that.” It was when he mentioned Nami that Ethan shifted with slight uncomfortable agitation. He had always felt guilt when it came to the mother wolf. Despite his adverse reactions to Kiba, he had had no ill feelings towards Nami. She had been a good woman. A good mother to those that she had taken in. Ethan was never quite sure if she had been able to understand that he had been able to separate his agitations from Kiba and her. Now that the family was cropping up in Revaliir he had begun listening for whispers of the woman. Unfortunately, nothing was fruitful in those searches.

A fanged smile crept to his lips at the invitation. ”I would enjoy that. It would be nice to be among those that understood the true meaning of family. If you are ever interested in a run I would be willing to go with. I have recently been able to finally tap into my diowolf bloodline. It would be good to go for a run.” He still smiled as he knew that Isleen would be happy to know that he was not going to neglect his wolven blood any longer. She had lectured him quite enthusiastically last time. The main family had reunited, but Ethan still had not brought himself to attempt to reconnect with them. His wolf would not answer to them as theirs’ all did to one another. No, he was the outsider.

”Amisi?” There was a tone of disappointment. She had been a friend and had partially become more in his youth. It would have been good if she had made a transition. There was still hope since a few were still popping up when others least expected it. ”We can still have hope. She was always on the quiet side to give all a surprise. I shall keep that hope. This world seems to never quite be as definitive as well all seem to think. Take heart.”

Ethan’s crimson gaze narrowed slightly as he evaluated Nemesis. He felt bad for the god as he realized how all had fallen apart in the past. But it was just that: the past. There were opportunities in the future available. There was a chance to do it correctly this time. He smiled at the god lightly before moving over to him to clap a hand on the side of the other’s shoulder. ”I appreciate it; you should know that you didn’t fail anyone. Things happened the way that they did for a number of reasons. Nothing will change it. We will do it all correctly this time. Try to not stress much on my account. You have many more things on your plate then to think about what I’m up to; not that I’m really up to much at the moment anyway.” He released the hold on Nemesis before turning on his heel to look around the room. ”But, if you could spare me some blood it would be appreciated. I was on a light diet lately due to lack of good hunting grounds where I was staying. Shoddy options when around some slums where most seem to carry an odd disease that I don’t want anything to do with.”

He turned back to the vampire lord and gave head nod towards one of the doors. ”Give me a tour. This place has got to be full of interesting things to keep anyone preoccupied. Tell me what you are working on. Anything! I just want to catch up with you while I can…unless you have something you need to tend to. The last thing I want to do is take you away from anything important. I did arrive without prior announcement or invitation.”

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info

“You are correct. The powers in this world have grown lazy in their seats. It is something that no longer surprises me, and I am sure you aren’t either.”

He couldn’t argue with Ethan’s logic; despite the difference in ages between them as well as the times that they had lived through, knights across the board carried similar, if not the same views on duty. Out of the two, Nemesis felt as though the younger one hadn’t been lead astray from such a path, unlike himself. Times had been cruel for him in between his services to his lords and ladies of the old world. The new world? It had been fortunate that he hadn’t found the pain and heartbreak that drove him over the edge once more.

He could understand his feelings towards how the family of old had “functioned”. Deceivers and cut-throats, they were to use those particular set of skills onto others, not each other to gain the favor of the head of the house. They had done it with Azrail, they had done it with Nemesis and surely if there had been a successor afterward, they would have done it with them all the same. “Yes, I think you will get along quite well with them. Well…” His face showed some mild irritation as he thought of one such member whose only reason for why they were still alive was because they were good at their job. “I’d have to warn you of Ivan. He is my wife’s beta and is very odd and easily get underneath your skin..” Nemesis nodded at him as he considered the thought; in truth, he had only hunted or ran with three others- Nami, Celeste and Serafina. Among the blood of shifters, such activity was best lest with those that had trust between them and the fact that Ethan suggested it seemingly proved that case. He had heard bits about Ethan’s heritage but to this point, it hadn’t matter as he claimed Azrail as his blood.

The god took no pleasure in revealing that his first child had yet to make it to this world. He knew that the boy was also close to her among the Shira, so it was another blow. “Perhaps. She may live on elsewhere in the realm, or at the very least her other self could be. This place is a mirror to our own home so the possibility is likely”, he contemplated. If the latter was the case, would it not be wise to let her live her own life instead of interfering with it again?

He felt the hand against him and he chuckled softly. He hadn’t expected it but it wasn’t unwanted. “I don’t let it, Ethan. I am and have always been a survivor. Eventually, my luck will run out but until then, I will continue forward, just as you look to. He briefly moved over to the pedestal and the bowl that was normally meant for blood sacrifices for himself. He removed the glove from his left hand and without a second thought, bit his wrist and formed a tight fist over the bowl. The crimson flowed from his wound until the container had enough and he closed the injury. Nemesis slipped the glove back on and handed Ethan the bowl. “Drink it well.”

Afterward, he would take it back and place it onto the pedestal. “Is that so. That is fine then, follow me.” He would lead him up the stairs onto the second floor and into his office. The room was magically sealed to keep sound from escaping, making it the perfect place for trading secrets. To the right wall of the room, there was a map of Kurayo in good detail with plenty of markers to keep track of certain…establishments and points of interest.

“As of right now, my family resides in Kurayo. In the shadows, we seek to overtake it for ourselves. Unlike my previous ventures, I have been taking it nice and slow- gathering worthy allies with similar interests while snuffing out those that could get in the way. We do that, of course, in secret as to not alarm the council. If you find yourself there alone, there are those that can provide assistance. Just inform them that you know me and that you are a child of Azrail. They will know what that means.” He took a dagger and pointed at various spots of the map. “There’s the Blackwoods, a vampire couple that had once served the Family back home. Only that they are the mirror versions of them, but they did retain some awareness.” Another spot was pointed at, “Then there are the Byrkyns, long-time allies. They are of wolven blood that oversees trade and owns the Silver Kiss brothel. Look for the current head, Esme.”

“Then there’s Nikolas Crowley. His house oversees plenty of trade and is also a long-time ally. Finally, there’s the Draconis Brood.” For this one, he let out a sigh, clearly showing some hesitation towards offering them. “Its leader is fairly young, but she is currently learning underneath me as a promise to her mother to see that she doesn’t get killed. Kurayo is a dangerous place, but its charm drew me in”, he spoke with a toothy grin.

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Ethan Blackbird

Character Info
Class:
A little snort of amusement escaped him as Nemesis responded to his comment. At least Ethan wasn’t the only one that felt that way in regards to some of the deities. He had always had a close tie with divinity since his birth. The way some of the gods were in this land were less than worthy of the titles bestowed upon them in his mind. On many occasions there had been devastation to the land that had to be handled by the citizens. Ethan deeply inhaled again as he bit back his words, but gave a smile at Nemesis. He knew that the vampire elder would do better; that he was better.

Inwardly he could admit that he tried not to think of those days of the gathered ‘family.’ There had been deep-seeded betrayal. Much could not be expected from the kinds of people that had been gathered to make up their group. Even still, Ethan had hoped for more. It had been under their leadership that he had grown. Never had he felt more at home than when being with Azrail. His own family had attempted many times to bring him back into the folds. It had never taken. A frown crossed his face at Nemesis’ expression before mentioning an Ivan. Lips curled upwards into a smile. It was almost like there was an issued challenge to tempt the agitation of this beta. ”I will keep myself out of trouble…best I can. Whatever you need, that will be my path. If I am to behave around this ‘Ivan,’ then I will. It is not my intent to create strife within your home.” Ethan meant his words even if it would amuse him to get under the beta’s skin.

Gaze followed the deity as he moved towards a bowl on a pedestal. His head tilted slightly as he tried to see what was being done. The scent of blood came to him before he saw what was happening. Ethan sucked in a breath with a disbelieving shake of his head. To offer another vampire their own blood was a bonding event. It was not done lightly. He swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. Words were easy to speak, but actions meant something. To be offered the blood of the elder vampire; not only an elder vampire, but he was now a deity. ”Lord Nemesis…” Words trailed off as he took the offered bowl full of life sustaining blood. Ethan could feel the pinch of hunger in his stomach as he stared down at the blood. He looked down at it and then up at Nemesis. ”Thank you. This is not an unappreciated gift.”

Bowl lifted to his lips for the warm liquid to slip into his mouth. The taste was divine…literally. Ethan drank until the very last drop was consumed. He would never dare to waste a drop of such a great gift. Licking his lips clean, the bowl was handed back to be placed on the pedestal. Again, the entire concept of being served by an older vampire as well as the divine….Ethan was beyond words for the honor. It should have been the other way around. ”Thank you.” His words were simple while full of emotion. Internally, his stomach felt sated finally. Not only that, he felt stronger than he had in a long time. This was no doubted due to the strength that laid in Nemesis’ blood.

Younger vampire followed his old mentor up into a sealed room to see a large map. The location that was portrayed was familiar. He had yet to make it there, but knew it to be a sort of haven for their kind. With intense focus Ethan listened to the lay out of his underground group. Arms crossed over his chest as he rocked back on his heels. Each location was marked. This was deeper than he had imagined, which in turn lead to a fanged smirk spread slowly on his face. When all was explained there was little he could add to it. ”This is spectacular. You know that right? By the Blood Moon, Nemesis. I have heard of Kurayo. What you are doing there is genius.” He stepped closer to the map while taking in all the locations. ”What can I do?” Ethan shifted his gaze towards the god with an eager look in his eye. ”I want to do whatever I can for you. Let me work for you.”

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“You misunderstand me; I fear for your sanity if you meet Ivan. The man’s enough to drive anyone moonstruck. Short of death, deal with him as you’d like”, he responded with a shrug. Nemesis barely held back his loathsomeness for him and had it not been for his generous wife, he would be in some alleyway with a silt throat. Celeste needed better taste in her creations, he swore. His mind pulled away from such a tasteless thought in favor of observing the young one taking in his blood. Truthfully, only his alphas had ever taken in his blood so it was rather an interesting moment that an outsider would be fed it. In short, he trusted Ethan enough not to mention the promise he had made his mother long ago. The elder chuckled ever so slightly as he recalled an ancient memory- back when he had been the one to drink a divine’s blood. His mistress had rewarded him with that and the life he would later live.

Would things have been different…No. Nemesis couldn’t allow himself to think that way, not after all the time he spent trying to undo his mistakes and change. There was only time to improve himself and craft his plans better, and for over the past 3000 years, that’s all he had.

“I have learned many things here, Ethan. One of them has been patience, something I have extremely lacked during my previous life.” He took out a long, silver pipe and lit some potent herbs into it before he started to smoke it. While it really didn’t do anything for him, it was still a comfort he partook from time to time. “So many hasty decisions I have made concerning the family. I saw what troubled your mother during her reign- the false followers, the selfish ones whose loyalty was only given after you give them what they wanted first. Ambitions far too high and sought out quickly without a thought of the consequences. All because I was drunk with power.” He let out a puff of smoke through a faint opening of his lips, watching it disperse as it flew high into the air. “I still have my ambitions, but they had been over a course of eons, gathering all of my pieces together in a neat little row before I move forward. My mistakes have humbled me to a point.”

He could sense Ethan’s own ambitions rising from gathering so much from him. While he could have warned him of how treacherous Kurayo could be, he had to give him some credit- after all they had both dealt with the cutthroats and betrayers that were beneath their noses. Inhaling more of the strange array of herbs, he contemplated until a craft smile fell onto his lips. “So be it. Of course, I can’t have the son of Azrail doing meager tasks. No, I will need a fresh set of eyes on that city and with a clean slate there, you fit the bill. You should be able to find out things I can’t and report back to me or any of our allies. In turn, I can assure you that you will always have a home here as well as in Kurayo. Should you need your own place there…I can pull a few strings and arrange that, Ethan.”

His eyes darted to the side where in the same instance, a portal appeared. “Come, let me show you.” The God casually walked through it and appeared in the city where night never ended. The other side led them into the middle of Kurayo at its busiest time of the day. The creatures of the night thrived as much here as the humans did in Mamlak, Adeluna, and Egjora; they were the masters here and those of fairer races would find themselves as the outcasts. Many of them would be seen being exploited if not torn into pieces somewhere in an alley.
“As you can see, we are the true apex predators here, though we have to mind our actions. The council here aren’t keen on full out wars between houses. Though we do turn a blind eye if things are done…secretly.” Again, a toothy smile overcame him as he led him through the higher districts. The further they went, the more selective the citizens were- fewer wolves and more of the drow and vampires were seen. Any humans that were here were either traders, those that frequented the “blood clubs” or were slaves. The werewolves here were more poised and in control of their primal fury, though they could still flip the switch and fall back into their natural ways. “The highest of players in this game of crowns and such can be found here; it is where I would place you into to learn about even the smallest of news. A mountain can be the toppled by loosening the smallest rock- you’d just need to figure out how.”

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Ethan Blackbird

Character Info
Class:
For a moment, Ethan merely blinked a few times at the clarification in regards to Ivan. Once the meaning behind the words set in he could not help but laugh heartily. The young male held his chest as he laughed at the sheer annoyance in tone and features that were with Nemesis. It took a few minutes for him to gather his composure. In the past, there would have been no tolerance from the Lord before him towards anyone that gave him grief. The elder had most certainly changed. Ethan let out a few more huffed laughs as he straightened up. As he took in the deity standing there he could see only a small portion of the man he used to be. Now, he was a wise elder of a vampire clan that could truly demand respect.

Brow lifted as well as a twitch of his lips. The man in front of him was worth following. He had found flaws in himself to be mended along the way. To learn from the past was not an easy endeavor, especially considering all that had happened in their shared history. Ethan had noted his flaws and was using Revaliir to mend them personally. It was never an easy path to follow. But if Nemesis had been able to learn patience than they all could learn.

His red eyes watched the small puffs of smoke roll up from the silver pipe. In the mind of the young vampire he could still remember the struggle like it had been just the day before. Ethan had felt such contempt for many within the clan. They had not been true followers. They had not been true Family. Slowly he had pulled away as he had seen the behavior of many constantly betray his mother. Ethan knew he had been too young to actually make any kind of effect upon those that had made the most harm. Years after he regretted not taking a stand then. The only attempt he made was a tantrum towards Nemesis in front of the entire clan. It had been childish, and to that day Ethan regretted it. He had been angry. And in his anger over the loss of Azrail, he had blamed Nemesis.

A devilish grin came to his features as Nemesis gave him a sort of designated task. Finally, he could find a place for himself and Isleen that would not be below them. A life he could give to her that she truly deserved. ”I thank you for the opportunity. If it were possible to pull the strings….I would need a place for myself and my mate.” It was only then that his features softened at mere thought of the woman waiting for him back at the inn. ”Her transition to Revaliir; it has not been kind. There was a faction of some sort that kept her bond. Tortured her in ways.” He sucked on his canine fangs at the image of her blood coating her form. ”She has been released from there, but I need to give her somewhere better than the hell hole I have only been able to provide as of now.” A sort of pleading that few got to see was in his eyes when looking at his elder. He needed help if only to help give Isleen a better life that he did not have the funds for yet. Not in Revaliir. There was nothing he wouldn’t do for her sake.

A portal appeared that Ethan understood would be for their imminent use. Falling into step with the god, the male threw out his senses outward to better understand the new location. The scents of Kurayo were reassuring as the description of the inhabitants filled his nose. To think that the rumors had been true of such a place. Night all the time? It was a blessing for those that did not have the ability to walk in the sun. Many low tiered vampires were confined to the shadows even if they did not wish it.

Being taken through the city brought a smirk brighter on his face. This would be a perfect place to bring Isleen. He stood ready beside Lord Nemesis before giving him a slight bow of the head. ”Whatever it is you need, I shall endeavor to fulfill the wish. Thank you for this opportunity to be of help. It has been some time since I have felt of any use.” His gaze turned to some of the shops nearby with one of them being a “blood club.” To be able to get safe blood upon demand was going to be a large improvement. He was finding that the smell of the blood in the city he and Isleen were staying did not seem right. This city would be the apex of all necessary supplies for their kind. There would be no hiding from what they were. A sort of excitement began to thread through his veins at the thought of sharing this information with his mate. ”I will do any and all that you command, my Lord.”