Archive Home > Archives > 2022 Archives > The Obscure Bastion > Surprise | go.r
Neveah

Character Info
Name: Neveah
Alignment: TE
Race: Vampire
Class: Sorcerer
Silver: 1618
Emerald eyes darted open with a sharp inhale. The vixen leaned up from her bed. Her hand reached out, fingers grazing a set of puncture wounds that had long ago healed. Her nostrils flared with a deep breath but she did not detect any new scents. The vampire allowed silence to fill the room, no longer pretending to need air. She heard nothing beyond the murmurs of activity of the inn and tavern. The redhead rose from her bed and went to her window. She unlatched the hinge and pushed them window panes open. A rush of chilly air filled the room as the edges of her mouth perked up with a slight smile. She looked to the moons nearly full moons and then to the streets. For all intents and purposes, everything was the same in her somewhat mediocre life. Neveah had not been in these lands long enough to build solid connections much less make any legitimate strides towards a new life. Greatness would come, she had little doubt, but for now, she had to make peace with living simply.

Veah left the windows open and walked away. She opened her palms to the ceiling and quickly flexed her pale digits causing all of the candles in her room to suddenly become lit. She took a seat at the vanity. The cushion was worn and much of the mirror had been scratched over the years. The wood itself had been cut and carved but was still sturdy. The vampire reached for the decanter and poured herself a cup of blood infused wine. It was not nearly as good as her homeland’s wine, but she had grown used to the taste. After taking a sip, her head snapped to the side. “Yes? she asked, certain she heard a voice or felt a presence. The inn, as far as she knew, was not haunted. She shook her head and dismissed the thought of anyone else. Clearly, her mind was playing games.

Neveah sighed at the sight of her wild hair and began to softly brush it. She pulled a few pieces back into small braids before weaving them and pinning them back. A few strands still fell out around her face and the majority of her waves still looked like lava flowing down a volcano. The vixen then applied minimal makeup before getting dressed into black, leather pants and a burgundy blouse with a tight, corset-like bodice. She laced on a pair of plain boots, missing her elf crafted pair that had been a staple in her wardrobe for countless years. She hummed softly as she placed a silver necklace with a piece of moonstone over her head and then slid on a ring. It was a dark metal with tiny rubies and an intricate design that resembled the Blackbird sigil, a reminder of the Veil of Deceit and her former guild. Veah wasn’t sure how both of these important pieces of jewelry managed to make the transfer when nothing else seemed to come over, but she was incredibly grateful. Finally, she added her dagger and cloak, leaving the whip behind.

A confused expression distorted her features as she felt something again. It reminded her of a connection she felt long ago but Neveah didn’t understand why. It was almost as if someone was speaking to her but the words had no sound or if someone were reaching out but the moment they touched, their hand turned to mist. The sensation annoyed her slightly. Everyone important had perished. Except Kiba apparently, nothing can kill that poor bastard, she thought to herself. The vixen made her way outside and immediately noticed tall obelisks that were not there previously. She strolled towards them with a curious demeanor. She crouched down and began to read the runes, her slender digits tracing the carvings. Suddenly a dark mist began to surround her. Neveah smiled wickedly as it enveloped her and transported her away.

The redhead found herself in a forest but could see a path. Instead, she scanned the whole area and listened to the wolves sing. She should have been scared as any sane person would be. Insead, butterflies stirred in her stomach. These sorts of situations tend to mean there was a God involved and traditionally, they were interesting characters. If she was correct, this would be the first deity encounter in this new world. Given the experience thus far, she wondered if this person would be similar to Dimitre or even Azrail. Perhaps it would simply be an Avatar or a Blessed. While Veah no longer believed in the immortality or endless power of the World Tree or those touched by it, she could not deny the curiosity as she explored further.

Eventually, she found herself at the courtyard and smiled as the gates allowed her to enter. The pleasant scents of the beautiful flowers caught her attention first. Then she noticed the gorgeous stained glass windows. Finally, she neared the stunning fountain of women. Her head tilted as she examined the one she assumed was the queen or at least most superior as she was the center. Then the vampire slowly began to walk around the fountain, admiring all of the other women. Suddenly her movements stilled. Her body was square with one of the figures and for the first time, she was a little worried. “That’s me,” she whispered with questioning tone. Neveah couldn’t help herself, she sat on the edge of the fountain and continued to gaze at it. Perhaps the fountain was enchanted to reflect the visitor, she thought to herself. It has to be a trick.

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
If there was one thing that the new deity was familiar with when it came to the nature of the gods, it was that he had seen his fair share of them. Worse, he saw what had happened to those he personally knew when they had fallen. Not one he could recount had managed to survive re-entry as mortals- Azrail was a shell of her former self that fell into an unwaking slumber, Lumit had never been seen again after swearing oath to Greyson, Judge was slain by a demon, Amarice was never seen again after her fall, and he had yet to see Nami, Moliira or Kale in this world. The fallen had a terrible history of not being able to cope and it was one of the first thoughts that surfaced when he was told that he was one of the chosen.

Back home, he would have savored the idea as it was yet another means to establish power to his family and guild. It had been one of his deepest desires to rise above all others and establish a footing in the world. However, things have changed- he wasn’t quite the same man he had been before. A new, closely knitted family was formed and he had taken his planning at a much slower rate, learning to be more patient over the countless centuries, Nemesis could see this as now both a blessing and curse should he ever fall from grace now.

Still, he wasn’t completely cynical of what he was now. Looking over his realm from the balcony, he saw all that was crafted to his liking. His family would be safe here, yet they would continue to also live at the manor in Kurayo to keep up appearances. In addition, he hadn’t given up his ambitions in taking that city for himself. All would come in due time, which brought on a dark grin across his face.

That was until a slight tick came to him from nowhere.

Still new to his powers, Nemesis didn’t know what it had meant at first. It came suddenly and took another moment before came to him again. Curious, he started to look about, seeing what instigated this sensation. Crismon orbs sought about the sea of trees about, eventually feeling something or someone that was out of place in the Bastion. A visitor? It would make for the first visitor that wasn’t a member of his pack or another divine to set foot here and he was curious as to what their intent was. In a haste, he traveled down the manor and pulled the doors open. The scent of the wilderness fell onto him as he trotted down the stairs, the darkness itself pushing the doors close. His footsteps could be heard approaching the courtyard as the ticking grew stronger. It was unnecessary as his nose picked up his guest’s scent and froze in his tracks when he noticed it was familiar. Quite familiar, actually.

It didn’t take long before his feet went on the move again, all the way to the fountain where his guest awaited. A part of him knew it had to be her, but he was still poorly prepared when her image fell onto his eyes. Out of all the fallen, Neveah was one that he knew to survive the drop and linger afterward. Together, they had strived to revive their clan to its former glory and once an upon a time had grown fairly close in each other’s company. His speechlessness was apparent, feeling fate’s cruelness at a jest of his past in digging up some of his past, even after all the time that passed. With a heavy breath, the vaewolf let the air flow in and out before he pressed on. While he would appear as the same person she had known, there was an air of feralness about him thanks to the wolf's blood Nami had blessed him with, it was especially apparent both his eyes and rugged look. 

“It captures your likeness greatly, no?”, he spoke as his eyes averted to the statue she had admired. “I settled for nothing less for them all to be perfect to my memory. Still, they are nothing in comparison to the real thing.” Holding out his hand, he sought to take in hers before pressing his warm lips against it. “It’s been a long time, dear Lady Love. Or shall I drop the formalities, Neveah?”

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Neveah

Character Info
For a moment, Neveah found herself in an old memory. As a young vampiress, she sought to devote herself to Darkness. The Lord of Night went by the name Dimitri Knight and he was a fickle creature. His temple had been distant and nestled in a forest like this. It had been the first time she had seen stained glass tell stories of nocturnal creatures. When she laid eyes on him, his cold divinity washed over her like the ocean but his gaze held fire. She was not the first to fall victim to his charisma. Veah foolishly believed she could satisfy whatever task he asked of her, prepared to give him anything he desired. However, his price had been her life and suddenly she felt paralyzed with fear. Neveah refused to die for him despite the pleasure that she would experience as he drained her dry. Dimitri decided she was weak and unworthy of a place within his temple, casting her out and promising her certain death if they crossed paths again for such blasphemy. Their paths would cross again several times over the years but she would never trust him again nor would she earn his favor.

“I should’ve thanked him,” she mused for a moment with a vicious grin. It never occurred to her until that moment exactly how pivotal that moment had been. Had he accepted her into his graces, who’s to say how the rest of her life would have unfolded? She likely would have followed him faithfully, at least until he grew bored of her, and never forged her own path. Neveah would have been nothing more than a shell of a woman, her worth completely wrapped up in him. Instead, she would ascend into greatness, carry out the sentencing of the Conclave, lead in wars, and so much more. Plus, she had been lucky enough to fall in love with the God of Dreams and bare a child, a miracle in itself. She would make forge friendships with some of the strongest people to grace Daeluin and enrage others. The vixen tended to have a polarizing affect.

Veah realized one of the other statues was Azrail. She had been another chaotic, slightly deranged vampire with a taste for destruction. Their history story was complicated but ultimately, Nev looked at the fountain and missed the blonde vampire. Before the redhead could dwell on their memories, she heard footsteps. She closed her eyes and rotated her head to the side. The vampire inhaled slowly. As she exhaled, her shoulders relaxed and the corners of her mouth pulled up in a soft smile. Oh, yes, Neveah remembered. She felt his presence come closer. Her eyes opened and looked back up at herself. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach with a mix of excitement and nervousness until she heard his voice. It wrapped around her like silk. Neveah rotated around to gaze up at him as he looked at the fountain. “You did well,” she replied with a bashful expression, thankful that vampircy prevented her from being able to properly blush. "I'm flattered."

The vixen took his hand and rose to her feet. Neveah closed her eyes as his lips touched her hand. As he let it go, it graze his cheek, feeling the stubble against her fingertips. The redhead delicately grasped a strand of his white hair. She twisted it in her fingers, smiling at the contrast between his locks and the dark ring on her index finger that symbolized them both. Finally, she let it go and her emerald gaze met with his crimson orbs. “That it has, my sweet Nemesis,” she replied, pausing for a moment. “There’s no need for formalities between you and I. Besides, I haven’t been that woman in many years - I don’t know that I would recognize her anymore. But you? Time has been kind. I am I mistaken to think this is all yours?” she asked, motioning towards the temple. She tilted her head with quiet, mischievous smile. “Perhaps formalities are needed after all, my lord.”

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
It had been eons since he had seen the vixen and yet it felt like yesterday at the same time. He gazed upon the woman that was once his business partner, friend and perhaps more, still taken in by some of the shocked that she had made her way here. Once an upon a time, she was his rock at the lowest point of his entire life and she had been the one that urged him to continue onward with the Veil and his clan. They had picked up the pieces of what their mistress and the traitors left them with and he recalled that she also had a venture in Lunaar. Just thinking of the name sparked up memories in his mind of their home realm, a bitter pill to swallow even these days. The last thing he could recall of their encounters was a night where they had broken down the barrier that stood between them and the desire that burned brightly.

“I am pleased to hear that. You have done so much for me, and I couldn’t forget any of that, despite the time that passed.” Each of the statues, each of the women they modeled, had led him to this path. Neveah had done plenty to make him grow as a leader and not to make the same mistakes twice. Sculpting her into stone was the least that he could have done. “I do apologize for not seeking you out. Had I known that you’ve arrived in this realm then I would have.” The vaewolf felt a tinge of guilt over how he had assumed the worse when he arrived in Revaliir. No one he knew had made it the crossing, that was until ages later. What if there were others out there? It rose some alarms in his mind, but at the moment, they could wait.

He felt her touch, once again feeling the stir of recollection surfacing. His eyes at one point lingered on the ring and chuckled warmly. “Still have it, I see. A beautiful relic it is.” He followed suit and looked back, never imagining that he would be in this scenario ever. This was his place now, a true apex predator in this world. Looking back, he offered the vixen a smile. “Be that as it may, habits die hard for me. You still held that mantle and both you and it deserve respect. But I will follow your lead to put it aside if you do the same for me. We have been through too much to worry about that of all things. We should continue this inside.”

With that, he went to lead her into the mansion and off into the foyer where several lavish seats and decanters filled with all sorts of wine, brandy, and ales were about- plenty of them concealing blood within them as well. He offered her a glass and her pick of the drink while he poured his own.

“How long have you been here?”, he asked, referring to her coming into this realm. “Unlike the others, I was flung further back in time and hadn’t realized it until some time later when everything went to hell.”

God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Neveah

Character Info
The first time Neveah met Nemesis, they were in a modest tavern and she had gone to forget the weight of the world, grappling with a decision the Conclave was making. The pair conversed and danced all night. They parted ways without expectations of seeing each other again which made the evening perfect. It had been an uncomplicated escape from her life. Little did they know they were later be reunited under very different circumstances, serving the Goddess of Deceit. Of all the other knights, Nemesis was the only other one she respected. Eventually Azrail fell from godhood and would perish. Nearly all of her followers seemed to dissipate into the wind with her. Neveah would find herself back in the hall, looking for herself among the wreckage of a broken heart. Nemesis had remained in the hall and embraced her arrival despite the damage, allowing her to stay without question. The vampiress would return the favor later when he too had reached his lowest point. They were equals in everything after that point.

Over time, she felt a closeness with him unlike any other. Their intimacy had been earned through hard work and complete trust.Neveah looked into his sanguine eyes and felt the same comfort from before. “I did no more than you did for me,” she replied with a gentle tone. Glancing back at the other figures, Veah added, “Certainly not enough to be honored next to Azrail.” Looking back at Nemesis, Neveah shook her head and shushed him softly. “Please don’t,” the vampire replied with a glimmer of sadness in her eyes. The silence felt heavy as she searched for the right words. “It is almost easier to imagine you were so certain that I had not survived than to think of you looking to no avail,” the vampire explained with a strained expression. “At this point, I would welcome Death as an old friend. I’ve lived long enough though I am still incredibly happy to see you.”

The vixen tried to smile brighter despite the somber topic. She chuckled at his comment about the ring. “One of two things that actually transitioned with me it seems,” Veah replied before pulling up the silver strand around her neck briefly, certain he would remember as the necklace she wore nearly every day. “I certainly appreciate it despite the fact it makes feel incredibly old. I can agree to those terms though it hardly seems fair. I don’t even know what domain you embody now, though a girl could guess,” Neveah replied with a soft laugh. She nodded at his mention of going inside. The redhead reached for his hand in attempts to lace their fingers loosely together. She couldn’t help but want to touch him and it had absolutely nothing to do with his divinity.

Her emerald gaze danced around the halls as he led her forward. The brightness and torches helped distinguish in her mind from the Temple of Darkness she remembered from her youth. The paintings were beautiful and she wondered who had done them. In their hall, she had a balcony and sometimes she would sketch what she saw. The vampire dabbled in painting as well but her vagabond lifestyle made it difficult to become truly skilled. When they arrived in the foyer, she smiled at the lavish furniture noting there were more pillows and tapestries than she would have expected. The vampire removed her cloak and carefully draped it on a bench before pouring herself a glass of red wine. “To a long and prosperous reign. Sláinte” she offered as a toast before taking a sip of wine. A sound of pleasure escaped her lips before she could think to stop it. It tastes far better than what she had grown used to in this world, perhaps even better than her own blend in Lunaar. Veah covered her mouth and closed her eyes for a moment. “You’ve ruined me,” she teased, knowing any substitute would taste like ash comparatively. Her choice of words had been intentional.

The vampiress leaned against the table as she pondered his question. “Not long though you’re now the third person from Daeluin that I’ve encountered which seems high based on everyone’s reaction to seeing me,” Neveah replied with a teasing tone. All three encounters were painful in their own rite. Frankly, Veah no longer wished to cross paths with those from Daeluin. She had lost too much. Looking at Nemesis now, she could not deny a glimmer of hope beginning to emerge. The problem was hope was even more dangerous than love - and she knew a piece of her loved him still. “But, long enough to know with some certainty that everything I had, everything we built, is likely gone. I’m still grappling with what exactly to do with that knowledge.” She let out a pained laugh that sounded more like a scoff before taking a sip of wine. Veahs expression turned to one that was confused and slightly concerned. “Back in time how?” The vixen waited for his response and eventually found the courage to ask, "What is it you remember last?"

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Neveah had been the last of those that he had personally favored from DaeLuin; he was honest when he spoke of searching for her sooner if there had been a bit of hope that she had survived after all. When he had slipped into this world, he found not a soul that was familiar to him and assumed that she had been lost along with the others. Yet, she was there right before his eyes, after countless centuries. She looked as radiant as he had remembered and just as humble towards him. “You have helped to shape me into the man I am today, just as much if not more so than her. She was my maker but she was too wrapped up in her own little games. As much as I had loved her, I can’t deny that truth.” Meanwhile, the vixen hadn’t strung him along and worked by his side. While he hadn’t fallen for her initially, it was through them growing closer to the point where they hid almost nothing- even showing their vulnerabilities to the other- that he developed honest feelings for her. Towards the end of their days back home, they had danced around one another with the only thing that they wouldn’t reveal. Until one night where they gave in to their urges and let loose the reigns.

“I understand, Neveah. Those like us been through hell and back several times. The final death would be a blessing in disguise”, he returned. Gods only knew where she had been all this time. It was a bit before he decided that it didn’t matter too much; what did was that she was here and safe.

“I’ve kept mine as well, as a memento in my office. I could never forget what it meant to me.” The Veil, his mistress, his creation, and certainly the redhead- they had all been his world and he remembered his schemes to help them all flourish. Back when he was too impulse and nearly caused for it all to come crumbling down. His eyes danced around her necklace, it wasn’t too surprising that it had also made it through the trek, considering how much it met to her. It brought a small smile across his face as he started to lead her inside. “From what I’ve gathered, Darkness for certain, and Fear itself. I’ve come across the former rather quickly as it had come from out of nowhere and seemingly devour my body. The latter…” He felt her seeking his fingers and he obliged with his own tangling against hers after a slight hesitation- it had been the first time since that fateful night eons ago that they made contact. “I can sense it inside me…inside others. It’s not something I favor, but I can’t deny its usefulness.”

In time, his grip grew more asserting as they drew closer onto the core of his mansion, feeling a wave of strength washing over him, It didn’t take long for the vampiress to get comfortable in her surroundings and joined her with his own glass. The god slyly smiled as he drank at her reaction, satisfied that she thoroughly enjoyed its flavor. “A special little gift that I have ordered from Abed. A festive little place full of intoxicating blood and their alcohol is no slouch either. It was fortunate that I found a dealer with access to both…though I make sure to keep the blood wine far away from the rest in case of visitors.”

Nemesis listened well as she begun explaining how brief her stay here actually was, which made him wonder just how many more could possibly be out there. His former children were in Sularia, but they had a new life and the man that he formerly was before he grew corrupted as their father now. Only one of his creations remained, but Desmond was devoured by his revaliir counterpart and barely knew of him. Even Angela wasn’t quite the same as he recalled. He took another sip before setting the glass down onto the table. “To start anew, my dear Neveah. As unsavory as it sounds, that’s most likely the best route to go on. Back when I’ve arrived here, I had, for the lack of a better word, was thrown off course from how others made the journey. I only know because things were much more primitive than they are now. Furthermore, Nami had given me with her blood had changed me; I am just as much of a wolf as I am a vampire. I used that knowledge to my benefit and had to start from scratch in Kurayo- eventually getting into the trade business. It is still something I dabble in, even with the recent changes to my life.” He reached out to brush his hand against her face, knowing that she was a survivor like he was. No matter how hard they were knocked down, they could get back up. He froze when the question rung in his ears, or more so to the answer he was fully well aware of for it. His eyes locked with hers for moments, hours it felt like before they closed. “Up to the moments where I was taken, I remember us, Neveah. I remember being with you when we spoke of how we kept dodging our feelings. And then we enjoyed that beautiful night together… after that, I don’t recall anything else.“

Nemesis was a proud man, that being said, he would have been blushing about what they did if they weren’t so comfortable with one another. But there was also a guilty feeling beneath his words, as he knew that he still cared deeply for her, and knew those older feelings from him for were being stirred up. He wasn’t sure if he could keep from hurting Veah once the truth was out if she felt the same way. “I’m not completely the same man you knew since then. I have started a new family, dearheart.” Moving over towards the window, he spotted the collection of statues they’d admired earlier. “The one in the center, I’m sure that you have noticed. That is my wife, Celeste. We have been together sometime after my arrival. She was technically my second wife along with that one over there, Serafina. But we have long since split up and it’s just me and Celeste now.”

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Neveah

Character Info

She felt a little too comfortable all things considered. The elder vampires were deadly and powerful in their own right but given his new divinity, Nemesis could end her with little more than a wave of his hand. Evidently Neveah had not been in Nemesis’s life in many years but to her, it felt like just a few weeks, possibly a couple months. For all she knew, he could have been a completely different person now. He could have been mad with power or delusional from the change. The amount of trust between them in those moments was unheard of for people like them. And yet, she felt no doubt, no fear. A smarter woman may have been more hesitant but she was steadfast in her belief that their bond and everything that came with it remained still. Besides, it was not in her nature to be after of a deity, even in their own temple. One day her arrogance would likely get her killed.

Neveah’s smile softened as he compared her to Azrail and spoke his truth in regards to the blonde vampire. She disagreed that she shaped him as much as the other femme. However, she nodded at his words, agreeing that Azrail became too consumed in the short term games instead of their long term growth and success. She had been a phenomenal vampiress but as a leader? She did not excel. Looking back, Veah believed they all had been foolish to think her attention could have been focused on just one partner. Neveah did not fault Azrail for how things turned out. The redhead knew all too well how to tinker with people’s emotions and make them think they were far more superior and loved in order to get what she needed. Everyone part of the Veil knew deceit and manipulation was not off limits, but none ever imagined it would happen to them until it was already done.

“I’m certainly not out looking for Death but when that day comes, I find comfort in knowing I’ve lived a very full life,” Neveah replied with a gentle tone. One did not live as long as them, losing so many people along the way, without considering what their final death would be like. Veah wondered what would be on the other side for a vampire given their soul had already left during the Turn. Perhaps one day she would ask the deity of Death. Her lips formed a larger smile as Nemesis explain he also had the sigil. “I am so glad to hear that,” the vixen answered. If the vampiress had the ability to blush, she certainly would have been in that moment. Her expression shifted to one of intrigue as Nemesis explained his new roles. “Death and fear?” she repeated as excitement danced in her emerald gaze. “Useful indeed! Both make perfect sense, my love. I am incredibly happy for you. I cannot think of a more powerful and fitting combination to be endlessly at your disposal.”

She was curious on why he said fear was not something he favored but she would circle back to that at another time. Instead, her thoughts shifted from bouncing around as ideas flourished on what she would do in his position to his hand in hers as he tightened his grip. With him and the ring, Veah felt she belonged for the first time since she woke up in this new land. Feeling a bit more confident, she raised her chin and pulled her shoulders back in a more regal posture. If it had been nearly anyone else’s temple, she would not have felt as comfortable but it was as if this place had been waiting for her all along. It was simply perfect. “I would very much like to visit there,” she commented on the wine. “Why hide it from visitors? Darling, you do not need to hide in your own home. Everything is on your terms. If you want something, anything, it is yours - and if you do not wish it to be so, then command it.” She paused to take a sip before flashing him a wicked grin. “Just wait until you feel the true, pure power course in your veins. You’ll wonder how you ever felt strong before.” She bit her bottom lip gently at the thought of how good he was going to feel once he let all that new power out.

Veah ran the tip of her index finger along the rim of the chalice as Nemesis offered her advice and explained his own experience. “The wolf suits you. There’s always been a beast within, now it just has a different form,” she replied, reaching out to him with her free hand. “Perhaps I’ll see you around in Kurayo then. I’ve been staying there since it reminds me a bit of home.” Her stomach tightened as she fought back the urge to ask more about Nami. The redhead desperately needed to know but it could wait. In that moment, there was only the two of them. She nuzzled her cheek against his palm with eyes closed. Her grip on him tightened slightly as she opened her green eyes and met his gaze. In those slow moving minutes, she did not even attempt to breathe despite developing the habit to bring comfort to those around here. She felt paralyzed, hanging on every word. “I remember too,” she replied as a whisper. She wondered if the transition had been painful or too abrupt. Some had described it as long and rough, painful even, while others say it was instant. She kissed in the inside of his hand before he rose and walked towards one of the windows.

Her gaze darted to the floor, trying to compose herself. Neveah had not been prepared for this reunion much less to feel everything so strongly. One of her first thoughts when she woke up in this new land was of her deceased husband and the realization that she no longer felt sadness. It was simply fact in her mind. When she thought of Nemesis, she experienced something similar but now, all of those walls had dissipated into dust. After a moment, she followed him and placed a hand on his back as he spoke. Neveah did not dare look at the figures as he explained what had transpired during her absence. She felt as if someone had punched her in the stomach. “Of course,” she murmured as she rested her forehead against his shoulder blade so that he could not look at her while she gathered her thoughts. The vixen chewed on her lip a little before turning away. She went back to her forgotten glass and looked down at the red liquid. She swallowed hard before finishing the rest. Veah gently placed it down and kept her eyes on one of the paintings. “I hope she is your equal,” the redhead began before slowly pivoting around. “Anything less and you’ll grow dissatisfied and bored. Congratulations though, truly.” Her words were sincere and kind despite the turmoil she was now feeling.

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
No matter how small of a role they may have played, Nemesis knew that these beautiful and stronger women that surrounded them had been the instruments to his glory. It wasn’t out of vanity or some shrewd sense of conquest- it was done out of love he held for each of them. He likely couldn’t persuade Veah of her importance and felt like they should leave the discussion at that- he didn’t wish to fight with her and they both knew well that actions spoke better than words. Seeing her did make him recall how he was back in DaeLuin, as someone that may have seemed like he knew what he was doing- from his appearance to his calm demeanor, but in truth, he was reckless and lost himself to the faintest hint of power and prestige. She had held him back when he fell hard and both his family and guild had severely declined. In time, he learned that she was the only one remaining that he could trust, and it was an intimacy that he hadn’t shared with anyone else there, not even Azrail. The only other person until now that he gave himself completely towards had been his first love, and she was cut down far too early into her life.

“The final release…perhaps it will be as sweet for those of old souls like ourselves. I hope that the day doesn’t come too soon for you, considering we have just found one another again”, Nemesis replied with a light smile. Death for the undying creatures didn’t come easily and unlike other breeds, the older they got, the stronger they became. He had often contemplated when and how he would eventually perish- whether it be by the sword or some sort of curse set on him. With all the conflicts he had been involved with, his mind would assume that there would be a time where he didn’t leave the battlefield one day. He was drawn back in time to see the vampiress’ excitement over his new placement and he gleamed down and looked to his hand. “It is odd that fate would pick me at a time where I was complacent…I had often dreamt about what it meant to have such power but the invitation never came to be. Now that I do, I’m not sure of what to make of it. Perhaps I have matured since that time of dreams. Still, you are right, I can make great use of these strengths.”

The further the conversations got, the more the God could see that Neveah was growing bolder in both her words and actions. There was still remnants of that deadly, fiery woman that had graced the halls of the Veil at its prime. It pleased him greatly to see that side of her again. “Perhaps, I just merely don’t want to scare away potential guests…or victims too soon. Tell me something, back when you reigned, how did it feel? The power I mean.” While he knew her to be a former goddess in her right, he had never questioned it nor was it ever brought up. Perhaps he hadn’t seen it as necessary as he learned more about Neveah herself rather than just her power. But it had been another part of her and it did felt as though it was an insult to not learn regardless.

Many times Nemesis had been called a wolf in sheep’s clothing, so it was only right that he laughed when she mentioned the beast inside of him. If only those that crossed his path could see just how right they were about him. “I look forward to it. Should you need anything at all there…” He left it at that as he knew that she was like him, a creature of pride and he didn’t want to insult her in such away. But still, she’d know that he would help her in this transition of her life. Despite the fact that the darker races tend not to be shy around bearing their physical selves to one another, bearing out their innermost thoughts and feelings were entirely different beasts. Having come clean to her back then had been difficult but necessary- often there had been times where he had to try his damnest to see her as a partner versus that of a lover. Though their time together had been too brief, it had significant meaning just as much as any he had loved. Their affections towards one another weren’t hidden though he knew that he would have to tell her what occurred since their separation.

It was, of course, a talk that he dreaded and rightfully so.

He felt she depart from his space and he turned to watch her cope with the situation at hand. A faint line draped across his face as he answered her, “Yes, I found her upon the mountains of the mainland and she was a moon elf being used by her people until she had lost herself into a rage and slaughtered them all. I took her in and enjoyed her thirst for knowledge. It started out as a friendship that grew into love.” He carefully approached her from behind and drew his hands around her sides. From there, his head lowered and planted a kiss into her sea of red locks. Words couldn’t help the situation as he could sense the amount of pain she possibly was in at this moment. Especially since he couldn’t say that he was completely over her. The timing of all this was simply terrible luck for the two. “For what it’s worth, I do still love you, Neveah. I can’t say that I had ever stopped, considering our unfortunate circumstances.”

[OOC, Sorry about the wait, this post was a tad difficult to do plus been busy with work.]

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Neveah

Character Info
[sorry it was difficult for you, hopefully this helps.]

For just a moment, her thoughts drifted back to the inn she had been staying in and the feeling of despair that had crept its way into her bones. The vixen knew despair well but it was the loneliness that caused her soul to ache. She was not built to be on her own, even after so much time doing so. If she were being truly honest with herself, Neveah would knew she had to accept such as her fate. Her lovers had come and gone with the wind. This new world would yield the same results. And yet, there she was before the only man who had equaled her in more ways than one. He shared her desire for power and passion for life amongst the darkness. Only Nemesis encouraged her ambitions and accepted her delusions. Neveah was not entirely whole - and he never asked her to be. The whispers she heard earlier in the evening and the pull that followed proved that their connection was not dead - it was, however, different.

”You are kind,” she replied in response to not wanting her to perish too soon. The vampiress decide to leave it at that. He knew her well enough to know that this new world, to ask her to start again, mad her wildly uncomfortable. She would unravel sooner than later, there was no doubt about it. She watched him carefully as he explained his unease in the new role. “I think perhaps that is normal,” she responded with an amused grin. “I had not trained to be the Heart of the House, had not asked to become Venus. And yet - the day came and there I was with more power than I could’ve ever imagined and without an inkling of an idea on how to best use it. Then it came. My purpose. Yours will too, Nemesis. Fate is far more powerful, wise, and vindictive than all the Gods combined. A bit of unsolicited advice from an old friend? Let go. Don’t try to understand, much less control, it. Accept the power. Allow it to enter every piece of your being, pushing it beyond any walls that it may come across.” Her words trailed off, eyes becoming wild with the memory of total strength. Suddenly she pulled herself out of the thought but a vicious smile painted across her lips as he mentioned scaring away guests. “My love, if they are scared over a little infused wine, they’re in the wrong place,” she teased with a pause. “Besides, if fear is part of this new godhood? My guess is, it’ll feel phenomenal to taste their panic over something so small. You’ll have to tell me how it goes.”

Her demeanor shifted a bit at the thought of starting fresh. His offer to assist had not fallen upon deaf ears. A pained piece of her knew she would likely need it. This was not like falling from grace and starting again or even when her family disowned her. Not only did she not have friends, family, or funds but she also didn’t know the lands or those in power. Never before had Neveah felt so much like a child. “I will need you,” she replied with a hush tone. Her attempt to hide her despair and anxiety was unsuccessful. The fire from before dwindled as they began discussing his new life. Her happiness for him was genuine but it did not outweigh her pain. Veah knew she was too late and cursed Fate for bringing them together as this very moment. She grappled with sorrow and rage at being too late. You were the embodiment of Love that does not mean you ever deserved it, a voice chided. You will die alone. As all monsters should.Veah could not help but flinch at the thoughts in her head but hoped Nemesis had not noticed, too busy searching for his own words.

Her thumb rubbed against the inside of their ring, trying to find comfort in knowing he still had his. “You have a habit of caring falling for broken monsters, you know that?” she answered in a poor attempt to joke. It did not work, her mood remained somber as he confessed to loving her still. The fact remained his hands felt too good upon her body and yet she would have to return to a tired, vacant inn room soon enough. The redhead could not find the strength to remove his hands from his form. Instead, she draped her hands lazily around his neck. She was not interested in tempting him and deviling his matrimony because, frankly, if Nemesis had desired to, he would’ve taken her regardless of his marriage. The fact he showed restraint meant they were monogamous; the vixen would respect whatever vows he had until he gave her any other inclination. “And I love you - perhaps until the end of time, I’m afraid,” she replied with a pained smile.

A desperate thought crossed her mind. “You mentioned before, you think perhaps you hold the domains of Darkness and Fear,” Veah mused, working through an idea. “Let’s test it,” the redhead offered. She took his hands and gingerly placed them upon her jaw line, digits upon her cheeks. Her hands then went to his waist, as if holding on to him would help keep her upright. Neveah needed his strength to supplement her own. “My lord, grant me more darkness,” she began with an inquisitive tone, feeling herself slide into a subservient role. “Take away the memories that no longer serve me - and in return,” she paused, searching for the right words, “You know my body, my blood, are yours until these scars are no more.” Meaning, of course, until the end of time. “But take these memories away, strip away more of who I am, and relish the fear that will no doubt fill the voids.” It was a lot to ask of any new deity and the fact he loved her would likely make it harder to agree - but she saw no alternative.

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
It was a cruel hand that could be dealt with those like them that didn’t die easily. Until the true death was before them, they would continue to exist even if the desire wasn’t there. He has seen some of the pain that Neveah had struggled through. Even in all their time apart, he could still understand her, her woes and even more now than ever- her fears. As the lord contemplated her words, he had finally noticed that he had been too worried about failure and falling like those he knew and did not fully accept the powers blessed onto his person. Nemesis rolled his head upward and closed his eyes to cease any remainder of the fight against the inevitable and let it go. It was just as the vixen said, he needed the darkness and terror to harness his body so that in turn he could harness them to their full capabilities. The powers seemed overwhelming but it was in a few moments that he brought himself forward and his eyes opened with a hint of clarity in them. “I am interested to see what fate has in store. Until then my purpose for the time will be to reign in my new kingdom.” One could have easily made the mistake of thinking that the Nemesis of old had returned with the air that he was carrying. Perhaps it was true, but he was also smarter than he had been before with enough strength to snuff out nearly anything his dark mind could think of.

“You have a point; in the audience of the Apex, I suppose that the last thing they need to worry about is wine”, he smiled darkly. Even with the need for nourishment made unnecessary, he was one that like that hunt for flesh or blood. It merely mattered if he wished to do in a savage manner or controlled respectively. Ever so often, he would partake in a third hunt- whether he would take to a tavern or small, unnamed village, the god could prey on what scared people the most. “It’s strange to explain, it seems like I feed off of a void but yet at the same time, it's more savory than the sweetest of blood.” Nemesis calmly held her, thinking of what would have been should he had found her long before he created his new family. Such unnecessary thoughts to entertain, but he was selfish in the fact that he couldn’t let that particular part of his past go. Unlike the others, she hadn’t left him or had perished, they were simply kept apart by forces out of their control. “It’s hard not to when I myself was one as well”, he returned with a small laugh meant to help comfort. Still, he felt it growing in her, and there was nothing more than he could for her.

Or so he thought.

His eyes fell onto her as she adjusted his hands onto her and hers onto him and proposed something that to him frankly was untested and he wouldn’t normally do. Was it possible to simply take away her memories as she wanted? “Neveah…” He would have refused her request but the fact that it was her that wanted this made it difficult to dismiss or follow through. A long silence filled the air after her words drifted to him and by the end, he gave her a nod with darkening eyes. The crimson faded into voids as he conjured his power to blanket around the two. His hand held onto her face as he peeked through her eyes and started the painstaking journey through her mind to unweave whatever memories, whatever fears she wished to do away with once and for all. The darkness she sought would be granted as well. He couldn’t, though, promise her that while subjected to his will, that this would be a pleasant experience.

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!