Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Tar Eisalae: the Temple Library > Knowledge is Power (GO)
Raith

Character Info
Name: Raith
Alignment: CE
Race: Part Minadrias-Part Diowolf
Class:
Silver: 3483
Raith sat forward slightly, hands clasped around his glass, head tilted to one side as he listened to the God's words. It was an intriguing prospect, and not an avenue he would have thought to look into himself - he had been right to seek Adraejen's advice it seemed, more than that the God earned his title. 

"I say let us follow that path, while I obviously know of aura's it has never been something I have put much stock into, or at least it is not something that I have learnt much about. It has never served a purpose to me in the past, as you say it will now," his lack of sight had been a hindrance in his youth, until he had learnt to overcome it, but even Alairia had been deceived by Xyaban, even her eyesight had not saved her from the wretched Dragoness' tricks. 

"Yes. I would enjoy learning how to read an aura, thank you Keeper, you are as wise as they say, I look forward to learning from you," he said with a nod of his head. 

Raith; God of Wrath and the Heavens, Wrath Incarnate, Commander of the Celestial Fires, The Blind God and The Endless Rage

Raith's God Abilities:
1. As his rage increases, so too does his physical strength and the strength of his magic.
2. Able to call upon ‘Celestials’, physical beings from the Stars who will come to his aid, can call up to 10 at a time depending on the size and power they possess
3. Can wield Celestial Fire, essentially the fiery essence of a star, in a raging inferno
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
Drae smiled and set his wine glass aside before he leaned forward and cracked his knuckles. 
"You are absolutely certain? Once I impart this, you will be unable to go back. Your eyes will forever be opened in this regard. I do not know how it will manifest for you immediately, for everyone it can be different," Drae explained. Satisfied that Raith seemed eager to learn, The Keeper stood and stepped up to Raith. Power crackled around him, electrifying in the air. 

"Remain calm. This may feel strange," he warned gently as he placed his hands on Raith's head, his thumbs and index fingers creating a triangle directly over what would have been Raith's third eye. Teaching aura reading to someone who had no sight was a near impossible task. But unlocking their natural ability to do so? That was something Drae could do very well. Power rushed from Drae's fingertips down the roots of Raith's hair into his head, encircling his mind and focusing just behind his eyes. The pressure that built up there might have felt uncomfortable as it built for several moments until a soft *click* reverberated through the room. The magic stilled in that instant, and Drae pulled his hands away from Raith's head. For a moment or two, the Keeper's mark could be seen on Raith's forehead before it faded. 

"There now. How do you feel?"

Raith

Character Info
Name: Raith
Alignment: CE
Race: Part Minadrias-Part Diowolf
Class:
Silver: 3483
"If I can prevent myself from being misled again, I can protect Alairia. My own pain is nothing, what was done to me was of my own making, but I cannot and will not allow her to be dragged into my world like that, not again. Whatever it takes, I will bear the burden of it, for her sake, her love for me could be her downfall, I intend to make sure that I am there to protect her from it," it was clear as he spoke, that his words were genuine and heartfelt. It wasn't often that Raith told anyone the truth, though it seemed the exception always lay where his lover was concerned.
"I was born into a family of glorified shifters, while my sisters were able to transform at birth, it took the trauma and desperation of recent events to awaken it within myself, two hundred years on. If the process is slow, I have the patience for it," Raith snorted, cracking a joke at his own expense. The crackle of magic through the air, the taste of it, automatically brought a smile to the man's face. 

He steadied himself, ready for whatever was to come. The feeling was… unusual, but he managed to suppress any natural instincts to react to what was happening; if he could go through torture with Xyaban and not give her the satisfaction of a reaction, then he could keep still here. For a moment pressure had built behind his eyes, but it soon dissipated. As Adraejen moved back, Raith shook his head slightly, a shiver running down his spine as he rid himself of the remain excess magic that tingled across his skin uncomfortably. "It's hard to describe… it's not an immediate change, more like… I feel like I'm truly awake for the first time in my life. If that makes sense?"  

Raith; God of Wrath and the Heavens, Wrath Incarnate, Commander of the Celestial Fires, The Blind God and The Endless Rage

Raith's God Abilities:
1. As his rage increases, so too does his physical strength and the strength of his magic.
2. Able to call upon ‘Celestials’, physical beings from the Stars who will come to his aid, can call up to 10 at a time depending on the size and power they possess
3. Can wield Celestial Fire, essentially the fiery essence of a star, in a raging inferno
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
"A reaction that I was hoping for," Drae smiled as he turned and went back to his seat and sat down. "Try reaching out with your various senses. Is there anything there that you did not notice before? Smells, feelings, a taste on the air, or even a sound that was not there before? Or might it be vision based? Can you see something where darkness once prevailed?"

Drae was curious about how this new power would manifest in the young shifter. Normally the ability to detect auras was a sight based magic but where the young man was blind, the Keeper could only guess how this was going to function with him. He dampened his aura, as he did when he wanted to mask his presence while walking among the mortals to see if Raith would be able to sense the difference.