Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Tar Eisalae: the Temple Library > Anomaly [P/R]
Raize

Character Info
Name: Rhenakos Raize
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Berserker/Hunter
Silver: 1658
It was not uncommon for Rhenakos to have nightmares. Terrors that haunted him to the very core seemed to always be dwelling in the back of his mind, and it was something that he could never escape from. It had never occurred to him that there was anything different, or than anything could be different. He never had time for introspection, or for trying to solve any of his problems past brute force. He knew very well that what he was doing would likely destroy him in the end, but he didn’t seem to care.

And so it was, that another nightmare plagued his rest. The heat of the burning cart was overwhelming, and his breath was catching as smoke filled his lungs. But he dare not make a sound. The footsteps were calm and deliberate. The demons were searching for a hiding child. He could hear the sounds, the pleads of a woman who wished only to protect her child. The cries were cut short with a resounding slap.

The boy, Rhenakos, let out a gasp, and a cough, his eyes burning from the smoke. Immediately he was dragged from his hiding spot. He could see it all now. The burning remains of the cart, the smell of melting flesh forever burned into his senses. And the demon, simply laughing as the woman was dragged off, and his hand slowly inched towards the boy’s left eye…

Rhenakos’ eye shot open, and his hand immediately went for the sword that should have been near him. But it wasn’t. He tried to sit up, but his body reacted negatively, forcing him to stay laying down. His other arm, for some reason, refused to move.

“What the fresh hell is this,” Rhenakos growled. “Where am I? Where the fuck is my sword!” It was one thing to wake up. It was another to be forced awake in a strange place, without a weapon. “I’ll burn the whole damn place down right here and right now!”

Bite me.
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
Drae casually lowered his book as Rhenakos burst into wakefulness, yelling about his sword, demanding about where he was, and his idle threat about burning the place down. The Keeper tsked Rhenakos a couple times before he grabbed his staff and jabbed Rhenakos in the ribs. 
"If you would use the eyes that are there in your skull before your mouth runs off, you would see you sword is here," Drae said flatly as he lifted the battered and near shattered sword. "I would say use your brain, but somehow I doubt you have much of one to use," he added with a click of his tongue and dropped his booted feet to the stone floor.
"And as for setting this place on fire… I dare you," he said, his silver eyes flashing. "It wouldn't be my domain you are threatening… and Elysium's mistress is far, far more dangerous and ruthless than I am."

"And stop struggling so much. Your thrashing around in your unconscious state made it near impossible for the clergy to set your arm. We had to tie you down to the bed for your own well-being," Drae said as he stood and opened the window to let some fresh air in.

"So tell me, do you make it a habit of threatening your lover's family? How is Osiria anyways? I haven't seen my granddaughter in an age."