Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Tar Eisalae: the Temple Library > From one God to the Other [GO]
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
"You must be used to someone just up and dropping their sob stories if you decided to get so comfortable," Drae mused as he had noticed Naota's boots vanishing as he had pulled himself into a comfortable sort of perch on the plush chair during the telling of his tale. "I suppose a lot of people would go to you for comfort and strength in hard times. Perseverance and Strength are your domains after all," he chuckled as he took a drink of his own wine. 

He fell silent, considering the question after a moment. Then with a smile that borderlined on predatory, he turned to look at Naota. 
"Help? I guess that depends. Did it help my soul to torture him in the same manner he did me and her and leave him to burn with in manor house? Probably not. But did it feel good? Yes. I know there are many who seek revenge or vengeance throughout their lives and often never get to see it come to fruition, while others it requires a long fought battle. In my case, I was one of those fortunate few who was able to meet out retribution within a fortnight. It is amazing how lax people become when they think their enemy is vanquished," he replied revealing the dark side of his nature. 

"I have no regrets. And should I ever fall, I might be damned for the things I have done, but I regret nothing."

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
He nodded slowly, knowingly, to Drae’s observation, “You would be correct. Though I don’t know if I’d personally describe them as ‘sob stories’.” He smiled a bit sheepishly, too polite for his own good to be as comfortably blunt as Drae was able to be. He liked it, it was a refreshing trait where others might otherwise find it off putting, “But, yes…” The light of his eyes faded ever so slightly, but the smile remained, if softer now than before, “When people lack strength, they seek out those that have it. How does the saying go?” He upturned his eyes in thought briefly before looking back at him, “A drowning man will pull anyone with him if it means he could survive?” He shook his head, “Though I guess that’s more cynical than I mean it to sound…”

He listened as he went on to explain his revenge, graciously leaving out too many details. He had a well painted picture in his imagination though. Things like revenge always left him feeling conflicted. Like anyone, he understood easily the hunger for it, and would be a liar if he were to say that he’d never felt the tempting pull to follow through with some of his own. Though, unlike many, he’d always made the decision not to ever pursue it. There were some, like Drae, that were able to follow through with revenge and come out the other side feeling satiated and complete. He wasn’t sure if he himself was one of those individuals.

“I’m not sure if I would be able to do so myself,” he admitted gently, “Or, I’m not sure I’d be able to tell when enough was enough.” Once down a path such as that, it was easy to get lost, and while ascension had purified many things about him, there were still the lingerings of his demonic urges. If he were to get stuck with no way to pull out, he wasn’t even sure what would become of his domain, his temple, the people there. It left many otherwise aggressive things in paralysis, which to many made him appear weak. No, it wasn’t weakness, it was a necessity, protection. He had seen what could happen when those of the conclave were corrupted or at risk of falling, and he wasn’t keen to become one of them.

“To divert from this sad talk though,” he smiled, “Our next conversation and visit should be done at my temple. It isn’t often other deities come to visit. Well,” he paused, laughing gently without being able to help it, “Other than Angela, but she more comes in however she pleases and starts putting people to work.”

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
"But aptly described," Drae replied about the rather cynical comment. "Fortunately for us all, however, it would appear you are quite the bastion to hold on to," he added lightly. He looked over at Naota and took in what could only be described as his essence. He believed him. Not that he couldn't follow through on revenge himself, but that he would more than likely not be able to cease when it was enough. That made him dangerous. Perhaps not to Drae but in general, Naota seemed the type of person who would not stop if angered. He quietly hoped that he would never see that dark side of Light. 

"I'd like to visit you palace. Angela has told me about it, but I should repay the courtesy and visit myself. I understand it is supposed to be a calming peaceful sort of place," Drae replied. "And I get the feeling you could use more testosterone than estrogen visiting," he chuckled. "Angela is very good at ordering people around, this I definitely know."

Drae stood up and looked at Naota. "I know you are a busy man, as am I. I have enjoyed our talk very much. If you ever need anything though, I'm always around to help, especially if you need anything from Koschei and Kurayo," he said. 

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Quite the bastion to hold onto…he hoped so. So far he’d yet to waver, but nothing stayed perfect forever, and he knew one day that moment would come for him. He just hoped that he’d be able to recover from it with grace. For now though, he smiled and nodded gently in agreement as well as thanks to his compliment. He took it as one at least, even if there was a chance it had been unintentional; he was still learning Drae on a personal level instead of through his wife’s stories.

His smile broadened when Drae spoke about taking him up on his offer and visiting, though he wondered with curiosity what Angela had told him about it. With her it was hard to tell, but he hoped all of it had been positive. Their difficult history was decades behind him, but there were times where he felt it tugging at the back of his mind, never completely gone, like a gentle reminder. “Good things I hope.” he said with a soft laugh, relaying some of his thoughts as he stood up with him.

A soft but honest laugh escaped him and he nodded instantly, eyebrows raising slightly, “Yes, my son and I are constantly surrounded by women since we’re the only two men.” Mica, he was still but a babe…a little man, but still a man, and his heart lightened from thinking of his children and wife back at home, “And then whenever Angela comes to visit,” His eyes widened, knowing well that Drae knew better than anyone the feminine presence that followed in Angela’s earth shattering wake, “Yes. Some testosterone will be greatly appreciated.”

He breathed out gently, feeling better after their visit. It really wasn’t often that he spent time with others from the conclave, and despite his years of being a part of it, he still always felt as if there were a barrier there between them. Whether it was subconsciously intentional or not, he knew it was there. Angela had been the only one to keep that wall from building up, and he wondered if she would be as capable if they hadn’t known each other before his ascension. Probably.

Kurayo. His heart skipped a beat, but the trill was so subtle that an untrained ear may have missed it. That city…No, he wouldn’t let his thoughts linger there, on that place. Instead, he dipped his head to him, “Thank you for welcoming me into your home.” When his head lifted back up his eyes were shining brighter than they had that afternoon, the same smile accompanying them, “Until we meet again.” And with that he was gone in a silent flash of light.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]