Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Tar Eisalae: the Temple Library > From one God to the Other [GO]
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
Everything was in order, so what was he worrying about? At least that was what Tar Eisalae was asking him as he was swooping around the main floor of the library like an overgrown bat. The alchemy room was tidy, the Reserve was carefully warded so that nothing would start a rampage in the library, the practice rooms were ready and waiting, and the Relic room was waiting for those who would come to marvel at the relics of the past. 

"I'm expecting another God, what do you expect? I do want to make a good impression after all," Drae said looking up the central shaft to where the Occulus was crackling with energy, mostly likely from his anticipation of the visitor. Tar Eisalae was not empty of people, but it could have been more busy. 

The Temple Library hummed again, and Drae again looked up at the Occulus. "I do make an effort when Angela visits. Just a different kind of effort," he muttered. There was another crackle and Drae rolled his eyes. 
"I know I have never cared, but I didn't expect to become a God after all," he pointed out. There was a hum of concession, and Drae turned and almost began pacing the floor. Why was this so different than when he had first met Angela in Wyllmochvar, or when he had invited Dalanesca out for a drink after the whole debacle between her and Angela? That was simple, he had never out to impress anyone. 

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
(( OOC: Apologies if I did anything for the temple description wrong, just act as if he didn't do it @_@ Also, if the coding is messed up I apologize, still figuring out the new text editor aargh ))

He had stared at the invitation to the new god’s temple for quite some time now, for some reason uncertain as to what to do. For as long as he had known Angela, as many things as the two had done together, or a length of her family, he’d never met her husband. It was strange to realize that now, but for some reason the man wasn’t ever there. Stranger still, he knew he wasn’t absent, it was almost as if fate kept them dancing around one another.

When he learned that he was a new deity to Parvpora he couldn’t deny that he’d perked. Literally. For a while it had only been him, and even so he kept himself so secluded with his temple that most days it was more like he was on another world. After all, most people made it to his temple through the portals of light and black tourmaline dotting Revaliir: it was easy to get lost in escapism. That was the point usually: to have people feel separated from their troubles and fears of the outside world.

But now, now, he was going to another god’s temple. Come to think of it, other than Angela the only other domain he had visited was Dalanesca’s…and it had not been a pleasant departure when their ‘conversation’ ended. She had unintentionally threatened his pregnant wife, and in true evil’s fashion showed no remorse. Yes, it would be some time before he would bring himself to be around her again. Then again, with the two new deities it was only a matter of time before conclave would be called…On that day he would be more prepared.

However! That day was not today. Today he was pacing his own throne room. Should he tell Echo where he was going…? No, no it was best for her to not have to worry about his deity affairs, he liked to keep that as far from her as possible to save her stress. With their triplets they had their hands full enough as it was. Tucking the invitation into his belt, he teleported from his throne room to the nursery. The nurse had grown more than accustomed to his coming and going and nodded to him with a smile before returning to her duties.

The room smelled of youth and he gently kissed their sleeping brows before flickering away in a silent flash of light. When he came back together it was at the edge of Drae’s temple. His lips parted, eyes widening as he took in the great structure. Power radiated from it and he was urged to touch this foreign material. Quite an addition to the conclave this was, and soon worry was eclipsed by curiosity. Still, his fingers brushed along Torinasu’s hilt as he walked towards the entrance. He smiled, it was a puzzle: he loved puzzles. Lifting his hand, he brushed his fingertips along the words and felt the raised letter, “Ah…” With a light push he pressed it in and moved into the temple.

It was always interesting to see how a deity’s home was put together. Though it was strange to see the history of a man that he felt he should have met long before his ascension. In truth, he could have spent hours here, especially after getting to the library. His own library was one of his favorite areas back at home, and he was always intrigued and excited by any new information he had yet to come across. But he had an invitation to answer and kept himself focused as he made his way to The Occulus. He wasn’t sure what to expect, but his eyes blinked a bit and widened from what he saw upon entering. It should have come as no surprise that the deity of knowledge would have so much of the world in his throne room. He was drawn immediately to the globes, but again, did his best to keep his focus.

And then he heard the presence of another and his attention quickly shifted: the white markings that lined his skin glowed brighter as did the natural emerald hue of his eyes. His lips parted as he saw Drae for the first time in person. So as not to stare he instead smiled and made his footsteps heavier so as not to surprise him in any way, “Thank you for your invitation…I’m embarrassed to realize only now that the two of us have never officially met.” His voice was its usual softness, yet kept itself from being smothered by the hum of magick constantly stirring in the room.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Porthyrius

Character Info
Drae couldn't be sure if the buzzing inside him was coming from the anticipation of meeting Naota, or from the magic that crackled through his bones as it did through the Occulus. Angela liked the young man, and it had been her idea that the pair of them actually meet and talk. Drae was more fond of forming an alliance with the only other deity in Parvpora. If things went bad and the people of Parvpora again rebelled at the idea of having gods in their midst, then the pair of them would be in big trouble. 

He stood with his back to the stairs, waiting while gazing out through the Occulus at distant Jasumin lake, trying not to tap his fingers or tap his foot in impatience. Naota was good enough to walk up loudly enough for him to hear, though it wasn't necessary, since Tar Eisalae was buzzing in his ear, telling him exactly where the visiting deity was located. Drae turned and opened his arms to Naota, motioning to everything around them. 

"Welcome, Naota, to Tar Eisalae," he said grandly. His first thought when his silvered gaze found Naota was this: holy SHINY Naota was literally brilliant, with glowing markings that patterned his skin and glowing eyes. Drae suddenly felt very drab in comparison, but there was nothing to be done. "Believe me, you are not the only one who has been left wondering why. I know you've visited the Gardens to see Angela plenty. How we kept missing each other is a mystery to me," he chuckled. "And thank you for accepting my invitation, I'm grateful it wasn't too much of an imposition." 

Drae motioned to the giant floating sphere that represented the moons and the world of Revaliir. "Tell me what you think. I'm feeling a little self-conscious. I've seen the Sundering Gardens, and visited Moliira's realm, and visited the Temple of Love and Strength before she fell. My interaction with other Gods has been limited, and so I've only seen a fraction of what the others have created," he said. 

Naota

Character Info
He chuckled as he watched him, able to see easily how this was the man that Angela held so dear. His eyes softened and he followed his gestures to the sphere he had been formerly admiring. He still wanted to get closer, inspect them with finer detail, but made sure to keep his feet on the ground as he walked closer. All the while he kept his gaze on them, feeling lulled from the almost lazy way it turned, “It’s no imposition at all. To be perfectly honest I could spend hours in this place.” Which was quite the understatement if he was true to himself and his usual almost unquenchable curiosity,

“Knowledge is a very vast playground and your realm seems to embody that quite well.” His eyes fell to his, a slowly spreading smile forming on his own lips, “This place would be quite the trap to a thirsty mind. And you know,” His eyes glowed brighter in excitement as he looked back up to the sphere, “I enjoyed the puzzle at the entrance. Having them littered about is interesting: a lot of substance and not just show. I admire that.” Which was true.

“You and I are similar in the fact that I also haven’t been to that many of the other’s domains. Maybe it’s the Parvporian blood.” His smile shifted, still there but dimmer in many ways. He’d done well to keep his domain away from any major cities of his home continent. The pain brought on to the twin tree had not been forgotten and he wasn’t keen on seeing a reenactment. Honestly he was a bit worried for this new deity, not that he couldn’t handle himself, but he would hate to see any harassment. His own seemingly unending kindness could only be stretched so thin when threat hung in the air…

Again he smiled, pulling all of that negativity back: it helped that Torinasu fed off of it and helped drain it away from him, “In any case, I’m glad to have an ally. Most that come to my own domain forget we’re even on this continent…I’ve tried my best to make a point of that and only feel a little bit of shame for it.”

Even his own family had mixed feelings when he’d first ascended. That hurdle had been jumped by this point, but even that knowledge of knowing that families could be torn strengthened his decision in being so far away and secluded. Sometimes he wondered if leaving the portals to his temple around Revaliir was more of a risk than an actual aid to others. Ah well, no attacks had happened in his years as a deity and he’d be ready if they ever did.

“Enough serious talk though,”he laughed softly, “Show me more of this place before I lose my mind in curiosity.”

God Rules:
Porthyrius

Character Info
"Well, I won't disappoint you then," Drae said and spread his arms out again to indicate to the Occulus. "This is the Occulus, which functions as my throne room and as an observatory for the rotation of the heavens," he explained. He motioned for Naota to follow him up and around the observatory stairs. 
"Now, these orbs you see here are my own creation. I know most people believe the world is flat, but just based on what I have observed with with the movements of the night sky, and the the moons, I have come to believe that Revaliir is actually round," he said. "Radical idea, I know, but you know what, it kind of makes sense, at least to me," he said. "Now, you can see the map of the world reflected in the orb as we know it now. We might discover more land masses and when it happens, Tar Eisalae will change the map to accomodate anything new," he said. "The smaller orbs represent the moons Parvpora and Canelux," he said, "I have a vested interest in the change of the moons, being a lycan myself," he said. "And then the Occulus itself can amplify the view of the night sky to better stufy the stars," he said before he quickly moved back down the stairs. "I noticed that you were impressed with them. If you ever feel the need to come study, by all means," he added before he stepped down onto the the blue levitation plate and motioned for Naota to follow him onto the plate before they began going to the lower levels. 

"Tar Eisalae is a lot bigger than it looks initially. Spatial magic allows it to expand to the need of the visitors depending on what part of the collection they need to access," he said. "I have practice rooms for those wanting to hone their magic skills, an alchemy workroom, and then there is the Creature Reservation and the pride and joy of my collection, the Relic Room," he said as they descended to the main Library. 

Naota

Character Info
His eyes widened and his lips parted as he watched and listened to him speak. The frozen youthfulness of his face was even more outlined from the near childlike wonder in his eyes as he slowly stepped up the curling stairs with Drae. The light of his crystalline eyes glowed brighter with curiosity as he kept them transfixed. Slowly he nodded, taking in all that he said and recalling many nights on his balcony looking out into the great expanse of mountains around his home. There was the slightest breaking point at the horizon that even his great eyes could not see passed. A curve in the world would make sense, and he’d never truly thought about it that way. It was like the remains of a fingerprint in the back of his thoughts: how many times had he travelled the world in one direction only to end up back where he started? Nowadays he flickered anywhere he needed to get, travelling by way of light in many cases, but he easily drank in this idea.

“Radical isn’t the word I’d use. Logical seems much more fitting.” His lips quirked up in a small smile, still keeping his gaze on the moons and great map. He watched after him as he quickly moved down the stairs, but what he’d just said caught his attention. Quickly, he looked back at the great sphere, imagining the diamonds of stars that would alight it for study of the night sky. Yes. That was definitely something he’d come back to see should Drae honor his request. Those most unreachable of lights, they’d always called to him, but his thoughts turned to Nemu…his friend who had fallen from the heavens. This could prove to help him return should he want to. There was still so much to know, so many new questions forming, but it only made sense when in a domain of knowledge.

To catch up to him, he flickered through a soft flash of light and stepped on the platform in time for it to bring them down. As they descended he looked over at him, finally verbalizing some of his curiosity, “How does the sphere keep up with the many changes of the world? That’s quite a bit of powerful magick there.” His eyes kept that youthful wideness as he continued, “One day, or night, I’d like to come back to take a look at it to study the stars. Even from a mountain’s top you can only get so close, and I think this could unveil a few mysteries I’ve been trying to solve over the decades.”

He visually perked at mention of this ‘Relic Room’. Was that where he was taking them? His fingers moved to Torinasu’s hilt, trying his best to steady his spiked energy. Despite how calm he was in movement, he was boosted to a level of excitement he hadn’t felt since his firstborn’s introductory outcry into the world.

God Rules:
Porthyrius

Character Info
Drae actually looked at Naota in surprise, but he grinned. "You take my views then. I can always use a good logical mind to bounce my research ideas off of," he said with a smile, Naota's great interest in all he saw making him excited that he had invited the shiny deity to visit. It was clear that the man was one of understanding and great intellect. Frankly, Drae hadn't been able to put up with a lot of intellectuals because even though they were great researchers (in the fields of magic at least) they seemed rather backwards about simple things like whether or not the world was flat like a plate or round like his spheres suggested. To his credit, Naota's questions were fantastic and Drae was only too happy to answer him. 

"Queen Willow of Sularia and the Rosenites gave me a very potent gift," he pointed to the massive floating, rune carved pieces of stone that rotated around the outside of the Occulus. "These are sections of the Himiria Star, which greatly augment magical fields. It allows me and Tar Eisalae to sense changes in the world through the magical fields that sweep across the oceans and lands according to what is already known," he explained. "Tar Eisalae has a direct connection to all recorded discoveries. So if anything knew ever is found and recorded on paper, Tar Eisalae and I will sense it, and we update the map together," he explained. "At least that is how it is supposed to work. I mean, the newest thing to be 'rediscovered' technically is Sidhiel. Since that was technically already on the map, the only thing that changed was the name and the placement of cities," he said. "We'll be ready if anything truly new is ever revealed in the world." 

Drae chuckled. "You are more than welcome. Your mountain top might be technically closer, but the Occulus will get you the closest you can get without having to actually go there yourself," he said as the levitation plate carried them to the main floor. Drae stepped off and walked up to the crystal tree with the sparkling silver apples. He carefully plucked an apple and tossed it over his shoulder to Naota. "An Apple of Clarity. I don't give out knowledge, but I will facilitate the acquisition by offering a clear mind and focus," he said. "I had to work for the knowledge and magic I have now," he explained.  He had noticed Naota's perking at the mention of his Relic Room. He wondered briefly if the shiny god was always this easy to read. He couldn't complain though, he rather enjoyed the fact that he was so interested in all that he had put together. He lead Naota to the Western Archway in the great circular Library. Upon crossing the arch's threshold, the room became almost museum-like, with items kept on pedestals, and protected by visible, but translucent magical wards. 

"This is my Relic Room. Everything I have collected here has come from the events that the Gods have put on, or belong to the old gods themselves," he said as he showed Naota the collection. 

Naota

Character Info
His eyes softened, reveling in the obvious comradery between him and that ever-expansive family. On the whole, he still wasn’t sure what to make of the Rosenites, even if he was now married to an extension of the family with little ones at that. At the end of the day he would trust The Mother’s judgment at the very least. As much as he wanted to extend that to the rest of them, there was still that pit in his stomach, no bigger metaphorically than a grain of sand: doubt. Either way it was nothing to dwell on and it was good to see that they’d trusted someone so deserving with gifts such as these.

Fascinating didn’t even begin to describe how everything in The Oculus worked, all of it interconnected, and he felt the itch of wanderlust once more. It was difficult to keep down that burn at the soles of his feet, he was still unused to being so stationary even this many years after his ascension. It didn’t help that he and Echo had travelled together for so long, but she and their children made up the whole of one very strong peg that helped keep him in one place. He didn’t regret it.

His hand rose gently, instinctively, catching the silver fruit tossed to him, and he looked down to inspect it. Apple of Clarity… Already his mind was buzzing with the possibilities this held. For a moment his eyes were distant, shining over once before returning to normal as he flicked his wrist and sent the apple back to Suisho no Kyuden. Clarity… He’d put his experiment to work later once he returned home. Those thoughts were dashed upon entering the Relic Room however. An immediate pulse ran through him as his eyes landed on each item; his lips parting with a feeling he couldn’t quite put to words.

Something about it chilled him, to be so close to things that had come from those fallen. He swallowed down and breathed out slowly through his nose, trying very hard not to seek out a relic from one very particular person: the one person he would have wanted to find something of in this room more than anyone else. Though he knew deep down there’d be nothing here and that was what stung the most. She hadn’t fallen, she’d left, and taken every trace of her with her along with even the knowledge of her name. For so long he’d wondered if he’d gone mad and imagined her. He pushed away those thoughts and a soft smile returned to his lips, the light returning to his eyes even if it was edged,

“If I may be so bold as to ask, how did you come across such items from the Old Ones…?” He stepped over to a pedestal, his head tilting curiously as he inspected it. I like to think you would have enjoyed it here… She who always seemed to know so much. Then again, knowing her, it would unintentionally turn into a competition. “It’s haunting.” A word which hardly seemed to do this room justice, though it wasn’t meant negatively in the least. “You must have been all over the world for some of this,” he chuckled, “putting my traverses to shame.”

God Rules:
Porthyrius

Character Info
He wasn't wrong, Naota was entranced by his collection. His question was a good one, and one Drae felt like the answer might be a bit disappointing. "It is haunting, being so near to things that belonged to powerful beings such as ourselves at one point. I am afraid to disappoint you though. Until I met Angela most of my exploits were limited to Iria. But you would be surprised what you can find while working in black market trade," he replied. "Except that one," he said, pointing to yet another apple tree, though this one was smaller, and visibly different to the Tree of Clarity in the center of the Temple Library. 

"That's the true Tree of Knowledge, grown from the last apple of the former God of Knowledge and Wisdom, Judge. There must have been a single apple left because it was the first relic that came to me once Tar Eisalae was fully formed. I have to keep it heavily warded to protect against the extreme temptation to eat of it," he explained. He looked at Naota. "It isn't just the old ones I collect from," he said, pointing to Angela's Hobby Horse. "Part of my calling here is to keep us all from being forgotten. Finding these relics didn't happen on accident I have come to realize," he said. "You look as though you are looking for something specific?"

Naota

Character Info
He stepped closer to the apple tree and tilted his head to the side. While he had never actually met Judge in person, there was something familiar about it; a smudged thumbprint against his otherwise neat and tidy memories. What was it? Suddenly he had the urge to reach out to his sister for…well he wasn’t sure what. The answer to some question he didn’t even know, and right now could not even think of why he was pulled to her of all people when the deity of knowledge was before him.

Something about looking at this tree, knowing that merely one bite would tell him any and all he could ever hope to know, was such a temptation that it set him on edge. He looked away from it, instead returning his attention to Drae’s face as he spoke to him. His eyebrows rose as he listened and slowly moved his eyes to Angela’s Hobby Horse, nearly identical to the one he’d forged from the materials of the soul stream. It was back at home, safe and sound with anything else he obtained from the other deities during their high times.

Now he couldn’t help but wonder, “Does that mean you have something of mine here…?” He looked back at him, the edge of his lips quirking up in a playful smirk. “If you don’t mind me asking, I’d like to know about your findings in the black market. I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t spent my fair share of time behind closed doors pending…certain situations.” And since his forced resignation from his family’s legacy of vampire hunting upon ascension, he’d always been on the hunt for something or other to fill that void. Luckily, he’d kept it all as the means to a positive end.

God Rules: