Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Flidais, The Eternal Hunting Grounds > Back To It [GO][R]
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Six months had passed since Dalanesca and Zanar had faced a deadly necromancer in Iria - six months had passed since Zanar, under instruction from Dalanesca, had saved her and returned her to her realm with the use of the talisman she carried with her for such occasions. The pair had traveled to Parvpora, far from Canelux where she was in full power, to track the necromancer down in hopes of killing him. Unfortunately for them, his abuse of power had caused him to be far more powerful than they were prepared for. The fight had been arduous, however they were able to make it out mostly unscathed, the necromancer being banished to some unknown point. Dalanesca knew it would only be a matter of time before he surfaced again.

In the time that had passed since that confrontation, Dalanesca had yet to see Zanar again - she had still been unconscious when he had left her in Luxuria Mortiferum and she had not heard from him since - personally, at least. Whispers in the wind and the knowledge that the Voice shared with her had told her that Zanar had ascended, presiding over the wilds and the hunt. It seemed fitting, from what she had seen of him - but she didn’t know him all that well. She only knew that he could be trusted, and if the Voice had given him such powers, there was obviously something in him that proved worthy.

As simple as it was for the gods to travel between their subjective realms, Dalanesca felt it only appropriate that she visit Zanar in the way that all travelers had to, be they divine or mortal. It was then that she cast a portal for herself, reappearing on the edge of Virens Forest. The foliage around her seemed overly lush compared to the rest of the forest, and she chalked it up to the magic that would have been emanating from Zanar and his realm. Seeing no real path to speak of, the Reaper took note of the timber wolves that seemed to be in place to guide people towards the keep. The wolves sought to guide her, but she could sense Zanar’s power and knew what direction to travel in. Nevertheless, she allowed the creature to guide her as was customary.

As she followed the wolves, the dirt that she walked upon seemed to end at a large gate, carved from wood and depicting many different kinds of animals. She took a moment to admire the sheer beauty of it, making a notable observation that there did not seem to be a way to open the gate. Of course, it did not take long for her keen perception to pickup on the empty area of the gate, immediately pressing the palm of her hand against it. Almost instantly, the eyes of the animal carvings lit up and the gate opened, allowing her to enter. She stepped through, turning around as the gate slowly closed behind her.

She took a moment to look around, taking in the vision of natural beauty that surrounded her. The trees seemed to be far less abundant here, but it was still clear that she was within the forest. This was the first part of Zanar’s realm that really hinted to the hunt aspect of his domain - all else had seemed to favor the wilds. She made out the guard towers surrounding the edges of the keep, complete with ladders to use for easier access to the watch areas. As much as she wanted to stay and observe the area more, she resigned herself to returning at another point in time - for she had come to make audience with Zanar and had a few things to discuss with him.

She walked toward the edge of the keep that matched up with the mountains, where she found the steps to the entrance of the keep. It didn’t take her long to ascend the stairs, and before long she had made her way through the oak doors into the Grand Hall. A fire crackled in the recessed fire pit, drawing her attention, and she made her way towards it, somewhat in between the tables. It didn’t seem to be that anyone else was in the hall at that moment, so Dalanesca made her way towards one of the tables lining the firepit and pulled out a char, sitting down. In one hand, the goddess carried a uniquely carved bottle made from onyx, with a ruby encrusted stopper. She set it on the table in front of her, looking around the hall and assuming that the god she had come to visit would grant her an audience soon.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Aegis

Character Info
Name: Zanar Arowin
Alignment: TN
Race: Werebear
Class: Deity
Silver: 10002
Commanding the Rangers, listening to the prayers and please of both the people who followed him and the wilds, keeping the clergy away from him skipping out on some duties, these were all the duties that he had come to accept. There were far more things he had on his shoulders, but these were the main things that drove his everyday life. The scope of what was given to him still amazed him even to this day. He was proud of his position that he held in the world, and regardless of what trials it would put him through, he would do it without fail. These were the things that he was tasked with, entrusted even.

The small events though, that broke up the monotony were something that he enjoyed the most. Today was one such day, as he had felt her presence immediately when she crossed the line that separates his realm from the Virens. The god was about ready to open the gate, out of respect for his fellow deity when he heard the voices of the wolves. He couldn’t help but to smile a little, So she would walk the path with the rest..very well he thought and went on to complete any business that needed to before she stepped foot into the keep grounds.

It did not take her long to reach the gates, as he was sure that the wolves who guided those were probably drawn to her aura. He was up in one of the watchtowers and had been keeping his eye on the fellow goddess as she made her way through his grounds. Watching and seeing how she would react to him being one of those that had ascended into godhood. They had not known each other very well, but he was sure she must have been surprised that the man that she hired to help her take care of a necromancer had reached this level.

It then struck him as to why Dalanesca had now of times decided to seek him out. The necromancer that they had failed to destroy must have decided to come out into the open, after six months. The mage must have been biding his time and grow his power in secrecy as Zanar had never caught wind of him again after their fight in Iria. Then again he could not be too sure, maybe she had come to congratulate him like the few others who visited had. There would be only one way to find out for sure.

Jumping down from off the watchtower, he made his way to the keep. He didn’t want his guest to be waiting for too long. Opening the doors to the keep the fire roar as it fed on the fresh air coming from the entrance. ”It has been far too long,” he called out to his fellow deity. ”The last we spoke, if I recall, you were surprised about me being a ursanthrope. So I must ask, how about finding out I was one of the ascended strikes you?” He made his way and took a seat on the empty spot before her.

”So what brings you here on this fine day? A drink mayhaps?” He indicated to the bottle that was sitting on the table. He would not say no to a drink and just a relaxing conversation, he always had the time for that. ”Or is it that our unfinished business decided to show himself after all this time?’

Zanar is the God of The Endless Hunt and Boundless Wilds

Zanar's God Powers are as Followed:
i. Can Track Anything in the world, no matter where they may go.
ii. Can see and strike the weak points of his prey, allowing for a clean kill
iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Limited GM of my character is always allowed!
Dalanesca

Character Info
”Too long, indeed,” Dalanesca replied to Zanar as he entered the Great Hall of Flidais. She gave him a quick grin as he approached the table where he sat, listening to the rest of his greeting before responding. ”Though, I will say, the circumstances under which we meet this time are a bit less stressful than the last, don’t you think?” she asked, her grin broadening ever so slightly. While the goddess was all for a good fight, she had to admit that the confrontation they had undergone in Iria had been a bit beyond her enjoyment. She was never a fan of having her power weakened.

Dalanesca let out a chuckle as he mentioned the partial transformation he had undergone back in Iria. She hadn’t seen much of it, but the bear claw that had replaced his hand had been enough of a tell where she had mentioned it to him. It hadn’t been the most conducive environment for them to discuss that detail in. ”You make me sound so eloquent,” she said with a laugh. ”I believe the phrasing was, ‘you’re a fucking bear,’ if I am not mistaken,” she added, raising an eyebrow at him with a small smirk on her face. ”It was a bit of a surprise, but nothing too overwhelming,” she added. ”One of the more unique weres, though I’ve heard Lokir suffers from ursanthropy, as you refer to it, as well. I must say, I’m slacking in my responsibilities. I’ve yet to visit him, either,” she confessed. Shrugging her shoulders slightly, she shifted in her seat much as the conversation shifted to Zanar’s ascension.

”I will admit, I wasn’t really all the surprised to hear of your ascension. You already had a power deep within you, one that I easily sensed the first time we met, before we met up in Iria,” she said, explaining why the news hadn’t come as much of a shock. ”Seeing what you were capable of in Iria when we faced that necromancer also furthered that theory,” she said. ”As I mentioned, I’ve not yet met Lokir, but I do know that the Voice did not make a mistake when your apotheosis came to be.” She gave him a genuine smile. ”Welcome to the Conclave, as it stands, I suppose,” she added. ”Sooner or later either myself or Angela will be needing to call all of us together to convene on a few… issues….” Her voice trailed off, and it was clear that there was further information she wanted to share with Zanar, but it was not the time for such a thing as of yet.

She allowed the subject to shift back to why she had come to Flidais to see him. ”You’re not wrong on the drink,” she said, pushing the ornate bottle towards him. ”Angela brews me this whiskey. It’s the most wonderful thing ever - and the best part is that it is strong enough that it can get me drunk - not an easy feat,” she said, smirking. A wave of her hand brandished two stone cups, and she pulled the decorated stopper from the bottle, pouring a hefty amount of the liquor into each cup. She pushed one towards Zanar, taking the other for herself and raising it in toast. ”Nothing like a drink to celebrate your ascension,” she said, drinking deeply and cringing slightly from the bite that the whiskey carried. ”This, too,” she said. Reaching down to her waist, she unfastened a strange dagger that was hitched to her belt. She laid it on the table in front of Zanar. The blade was black with streaks of green crystallized hellfire running through it. ”Obsidian, hardened of course. The hellfire gives it an extra bite,” she said as she removed her hand from it, clearly offering it to him as a gift. Dalanesca fell silent for a moment, her smile fading as she locked eyes with Zanar, now her equal.

”I wish I could tell you that this was the only reason I came,” she said, gesturing towards the bottle of liquor. ”But I am afraid that the latter of which you suggested is in fact the true reason - though I did owe you a visit,” she said, frowning slightly. ”He’s shown his face again, so to speak. Wiped out an entire inn, in Vilpamolan of all places,” she explained. ”Lucky for us, that puts us in Canelux - he’ll be no match for us, I’d like to think,” she said, and her voice trailed off as though she were deeply contemplating something. She looked away for a moment before bringing her gaze back up to his face. ”Of course, if you’d rather separate yourself from this matter, I wholly understand. I know you’ve probably got much more pressing things to deal with… but I thought we made a good team,” she said, giving him the grin again.

”What do you say? We knock back a few drinks, and formulate a plan? Or would you like to disclude yourself this time around?” she asked, giving him a devious smirk.

Aegis

Character Info
Leaning back in his chair, Zanar could help but to chuckle at what she said. ’Yes, you are right you did indeed say it that way.” He was a little surprised to hear of another who ascended to have the same curse that he had. ”Another bear in our numbers then eh? Seems the Voice may have an affinity for such creatures. I had just recently met Adraejen for the first time when Angela came to visit, maybe I should go and give my other cursed comrade a visit myself.” Zanar replied back to the goddess.

”So you sensed something in me while in Iria you say? Would say that I am surprised, till recently I just thought of myself as someone who was disadvantaged,” he spoke honestly to Dalanesca, ”Somone who barely could control the beast dwelling in, and who's aether ley lines were destroyed for the most part. Then again I guess The Voice must have seen what you saw to ascend me.” He nodded when she gave him her formal welcome to the conclave ”This I can believe, and it will probably cement in me the scope of what came to be.”

Thankfully she quickly changed the subject, as his mind would have started to wonder about how the conclave worked when it finally came together, and she confirmed his suspicions about what was in the bottle before them. ”Oh, a brew that can affect a goddess? Now I have had some strong drinks before, but nothing that potent.” He took the cup she offered to him and rose it toast with her, ”Now that I can drink to,” and he took a drink of the deep liquor in the cup. It hit him like a punch in the face, and he quickly brought the cup down to rest. ”Oh that’s going to take some getting used to,” he was barely able to make those words out as the liquid made its way down to his stomach.

He picked up the dagger that laid on the table, another gift from Dalanesca. ”Obsidian eh, the sharpest of most materials, though with the downside of being fragile. Seems like that is not the case for this blade is it?” He figured the assassin herself would know a good blade herself, especially if it was made just for such an occasion. ”I will gladly accept such a fine blade,” He spun the blade in his hand before placing it down on the table again as a silence befell the two.

So he has shown himself again, foolish thing,” Zanar spoke softly listening to the true reason for the goddess’ visit. He took another drink of the alcohol before, this time knowing what to expect.”I do believe I promised this creature my blade what drink of his blood, and after all, it was an embarrassment to not finish a job I was hired for. This thing made a mistake showing himself in Canelux of all places. He won’t be escaping my sight anytime soon,” He gave a little smirk and finished off what was left in his cup.

”Normally this would be a cause for worry, a strong necromancer just biding his time. I am sure he has some a few more tricks up his sleeves after our last encounter. And the fact that he may not know that I have ascended. I’m sure we could easily lure him into a trap ourselves with that knowledge.”

iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca’s eyes lit up as Zanar mentioned setting a trap for the necromancer. A devious smirk spread over her lips as she contemplated just what those two would be able to accomplish if they worked together, given that Zanar now had divine power. “I’ve found that since my initial ascension, which was, now that I think of it, quite some time ago, I don’t worry all that much, about anything at all,” she said, still smirking. The smirk spread into more a devilish grin than anything else, as she continued to speak.

“Before, we had to be careful. He was in Parvpora, and my power was weakened. You held your ground and got me back to Luxuria without consequence, and for that I am grateful. But now, the Necromancer is in Canelux, and my power is not dampened here,” she said. The grin faded and her face took on a more stoic expression. “We’ll use your ascension to our advantage, and this time there will be no holds barred. We can’t have as much collateral damage this time,” she said, frowning. “I might be the Reaper, but I am not a fan of an excessive amount of entries into my realm because of some overpowered son of a bitch,” she said, and it was clear that the goddess meant every word she spoke.

She grabbed the decanter she had brought with her and uncorked it again, leaning towards Zanar to fill his cup back up, doing the same with her own as it was nearly empty. “So, what shall our plan be?” she asked, that telltale smirk returning to her lips. She took a long drink from her cup before setting it back upon the wooden table top with a soft clunk. “I mean, there are many options. The idea of imprisoning him in one of the Circles sounds rather appealing, but I do worry that the bastard would find a way to use the souls of the damned as a power conduit and find his way out, and we be back at square one,” she said, sighing. She furrowed her brow slightly. “We could just kill him,” she suggested, raising her eyebrows at Zanar. She locked eyes with him, trying to get a read on how he would feel about such a feat. To Dalanesca, slaying the Necromancer would seem the appropriate path to take - and for some reason, she thought that Zanar might agree with her. He didn’t seem to be one for senseless and needless killing but seemed like he would do whatever was necessary to accomplish the task at hand.

“Come on, admit it, Zanar,” she continued, the devilish glint coming back to her eye. “Wouldn’t it be just so satisfying to drag your blade across his, cutting to the bone, and for us to just rip it off his abomination of a body?” she said, her voice hardly above a whisper. This was the Siren speaking now - the pure desire for destruction showing through her voice and expression. She closed her eyes, opening them slowly.  "Being in that much control, choosing who lives and who dies… it's quite the rush," she purred.  Suddenly, she let out a sharp laugh and tipped her head back slightly before taking another long drink of the liquor she had poured into her cup. “Or, you know, maybe you’ve got a better idea,” she said, chuckling darkly.

It was clear that the goddess felt comfortable enough with Zanar to show the humorous side of her personality - a good indication of a beginning of friendship between the two - after all, having an alliance with her fellow deities was rather important to Dalanesca, and who better to have on her side than the ruler of the Wilds?

Aegis

Character Info
”You are right, we should have nothing to worry about now that we are here in Canelux. Having you full strength would make the fight far easier.” He messed with the cup as she mentioned her distaste for the needless death that was caused the last time they had encountered the Necromancer. He could feel his rage boiling down deep in his chest as he thought about it. ”So much wasted life..in a blink of an eye. If I had not been prepared I would have been one of the shambling dead that day myself. All for what? What is the bastard’s end game.”

His trance was broken when the goddess started to refill his cup. The stoic expression on her face vanished as she grinned again asking what their plan was. He took a drink as he listened to what she wanted in store for the necromancer, before finally ending her thoughts with the suggestion of just outright killing the mage. ”It was always my intention to kill him. Even more so now that I am reminded of what transpired within iria.” He placed his cup down slowly upon the table. ”He is nothing more than a wild beast. There is no humanity left in that shell, nothing to save. Imprisoning him in the circles would do nothing but feed whatever hatred he has more.

The air around them changed as Dalanesca spoke up once again. Her words were different, more persuasive than before. The power of desire, interesting He thought to himself as he took another drink of the alcohol. If he had not been a deity himself he was sure that she could have him hooked him in easily with the words that escaped her lips. His innermost thoughts were confirmed when she broke into a laugh, he couldn’t help but laugh a little with her. ”A better Idea is something I do not have. It is our charge to put this bastard in the ground and that we shall do.

He pushed his cup out of the way a little and grabbed his blade out from his belt and placed it on the table in its scabbard. ”You have dominion over desire yes? This blade I guess you could say was born out of my desire to kill mages who abuse their gifts. Able to cut through the leylines of their bodies and cause wounds that I am far too familiar with.” Zanar drew out the blade a little to show her the dark energies that danced upon its edge. ”It is why I am fine with killing this man, I made this oath when I was on the edge of death myself.” He resheathed the blade and rested it up against the table.

”But that is enough of such depressing talk now! We have out plan, so let us enjoy this time before we go to work now shall we?” He chuckled and smiled. Very rarely he told anyone about himself even small details such as that. He didn’t know if it was from the brew that they were enjoying or just a sense of familiarity with the goddess, all he knew was that he was glad to have another ally on his side. He then remembered something from when he first took the job of hunting down the necromancer.

”Oh yes, I do recall saying it would be nice if a goddess owed me a favor for taking up your request. I guess you could say I won’t be needing that favor anymore,” He laughed.

Dalanesca

Character Info
The show of her prowess had not been intended to rope Zanar in - it was merely an extension of who she was now. Needless to say, she would have been quite surprised if it had worked, not to mention a bit entertained. Dalanesca leaned towards him as he slid his cup to one side and placed a sheathed blade on the table - from the hilt she could tell it was the blade that had made an appearance in Iria when the pair had been before Zanar’s ascension. ”Ah, yes, I recognize this,” she said softly as he drew the blade out of its scabbard. For a moment, the goddess seemed as though she were going to reach out and touch the steel. ”Quite an impressive weapon,” she breathed. Her love of blades was no secret, and each time she came across a unique one, she found herself rather enamored. She seemed to think better of touching it, relaxing her posture as he placed it back in its sheath and leaned it against the table.

Her face lit up as he let out a laugh and a smile spread across his face. ”What do you mean depressing talk, Zanar? I’m the Goddess of Death! This is usual day in, day out talk for me,” she said, offering him a playful wink. ”But you’re right!” she said, grasping her cup in her hand and draining it once more. She reached for the decanter, which seemed to be getting lighter, and topper herself off. ”Clearly we need to celebrate your ascension, such as it is, though as I mentioned earlier I can’t quite grasp the Voice’s obsession with you… ursine men,” she said, clearly poking fun at him. She let out a bit of a laugh and let her cup land back on the table quietly.

An eyebrow lifted as Zanar continued speaking, and a rather devious look played over Dalanesca’s expression. ”That’s true, you did say that,” she began. ”Just because you don’t need a favor doesn’t mean you can’t ask for one,” she said, smirking somewhat. ”I mean, you did earn it,” she added, a clear innuendo hidden behind her voice. Of course, this was nothing more than in character for Dalanesca. ”But, if rumor serves me correctly, I’m a little too late to that particular party,” she said, putting a playful pout on her lips. ”Which is, to be frank, far too bad. You look like you would be an absolute animal in bed… I mean, I can imagine I would barely be able to contain myself,”she added, before letting loose into a bout of rather musical laughter.

”Clearly, I jest,” she said, with a smile; however, the goddess leaned toward Zanar and placed a hand on his leg, just above his knee. ”If the opportunity arises, however… I trust you know where to find me if you need a bit of fun,”she added with a wink, giving his leg a light squeeze before releasing her grip and straightening back up in her chair.

”That being said, I would like to know a little more about you,” she continued, grabbing her cup and taking another drink - a slight flush had come to her usually porcelain pale face. ”What do you say? You share a little something, I’ll share something?”she asked. She found Zanar interesting and she wished to know more about his background - if the two were to work together and become allies, the more they knew about one another, the better they would work together. ”Maybe you can start by telling me about the woman who is lucky enough to get that in her bed,” she said, gesturing towards his body in general, letting out a wavering laugh.

Aegis

Character Info
He knew that he should of been more specific with what he mean by favor. Zanar knew from the moment those words left his mouth the Goddess would take them and twist them in her favor just to tease him. It seemed like that it was her personality to do so, and he was completely correct with his assumption. Her laughter rang throughout the empty hall, as the god took another drink of the alcohol before him. ”I am a bear after all, you are not far from the truth,” He chuckled in response to her latest comment.

He went to take another drink when he felt her hand grip his leg above his knee. This of course stopped him midway through for a brief second before he finished off the rest of his cup. He knew this was all in jest, or at least he thought he did never could be to sure. He laid his cup to rest on the table and leaned over to grab the bottle of whiskey, his eyes meeting the goddess’ ”Our lives are everlasting, may never know when a mortal soul will meet its demise,” He spoke, he too could play this little game. Yet he could not keep it up as long, as he moved back to his normal sitting position, as he was far too afraid of his own safety if she happened to walk into the hall and see this.

He poured himself his third cup, and could definitely start feeling the effects of such a strong brew. It had been far to long that such substance had actually effected him. ”A questioned answered for a question to be asked? Seems like a fair exchange.”He sat back more comfortably in the chair that he was in. Allies that knew more about each other, were far stronger allies than those that knew nothing of each other, so this benefited their mutual relationship in the long run.

“About Kalyani is it? Very well,” He responded, it seemed only fair that she would ask about her of all things first. ”Saved me she did, quite literally. Before becoming the man you see now I was a unwilling prisoner of a mage cult. Was tortured for days on end.” He could still feel the wounds that they gave him, even to this day. ”Managed to escape somehow, yet I was a bloody mess and I was sure i would have ended up on your shores. Alas, it seemed fate did not allow me to die that day and she dragged me into her wagon and healed me..of course causing more wounds along the way of doing so,” He chuckled at the thought of when they first met.

Stubborn as an ox, and as fierce as one to boot also. Somehow I managed to put up with all of that and stayed. I was more than healed enough when I decided to stay, I could have left anytime before hand but there was something there.” He paused and took another drink. He rest the cup on the edge of the table. ”So tell me Dalanesca, has the siren herself caught anyone because I am sure you have plenty of men who would want to have you to themselves? He asked her, it was only fair that he inquire about the same.

Dalanesca

Character Info
”Sounds like you fared rather well to have had her find you,” she said, her eyes never leaving Zanar’s face. She took a sip of her drink, setting the cup back own rather slowly. ”Give you a run for your money, does she?” she added, laughing quietly at the humor behind the tale he told her. It seemed that Zanar, even though he had ascended to godhood, still had a bit of humility about himself. She was glad that he was opening up a bit - the fact that he was trusting her with personal information showed that he at least had a semblance of trust in her. ”If someone like you saw something in her, then she must be worth it,” she added with a genuine smile.

When the conversation shifted to that of her own personal life, she let out a soft chuckle, reclining slightly in her chair. ”That’s an… interesting question,” she said, her fingertips dragging over the rim of her glass ”You’re not wrong, about the innumerable amount of men vying for my bed,” she said, though there was a hint of annoyance audible in her sultry tone. ”The majority of them, however, are not worth my time, nor the effort it would take to scare them away,” she added. ”You know, a lot of people would think that it must be wonderful, having so many people - not just men, mind you - being infatuated with you and wanting to bed you,” she began. ”But it’s really not all it’s cracked up to be.” She paused again, as though for effect, and took another drink.

After the cup had been set down once more, she continued speaking. ”It’s rather disheartening, if I am to be honest. I mean, I know I am an attractive woman, I’m the goddess of Desire for fuck’s sake,” she said, letting out a laugh. ”But I’m also rather intelligent, you know, cunning… those things tend to get overlooked - and when it comes to finding someone to love, someone to spend my life with, it’s… hard, you know? It’s hard to find someone who isn’t just looking for a hot body and a warm bed,” she said.

”That being said, however, I have been spending quite a bit of time with a certain someone,” she said, grinning slightly. ”His name is Jarmyr - he’s actually Xunatar’s brother, if you’d believe that,” she added, chuckling. ”He seems to actually appreciate my mind - in fact, when he came to me seeking to be in my service, it seemed genuine and not based off of a physical attraction - that just grew over time,” she added, her voice drifting off. ”He’s rather sweet, you know? Makes me forget about the whole ‘weight of the world on my shoulders because I am a god’ thing. He treats me like I’m a woman, and that isn’t something that happens often,” she added, and it was clear that she was actually a bit happy with what was happening.

”But, in the end, I am desire. Jarmyr knows that. I’m loyal to him, for now, of course, but if something I want comes along, it’s not going to stop me from getting it,” she said, leaning forward slightly with her telltale smirk on her lips.

”Enough of that romantic bullshit, though! We’re too be having a good time before we go kill the living hell out of that Necromancer,” she said, her voice wavering slightly as the effects of the alcohol the two had been consuming began to show itself. She grinned, her pale cheeks taking on a bit of color.

”So… what does a werebear mage hunter turned god do for fun?” she asked, the smirk still on her lips. ”Besides being sadly taken by a woman and her wagon who sounds like I wouldn’t want to be on her bad side, that is.”