Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Flidais, The Eternal Hunting Grounds > Guidance Seeker [O]
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Name: Tristana Deformem
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: At the moment she is a traveler
Silver: 302
A young woman was wandering the forest of Viren. She was at the border between the Viren's forest and Ancense mountains. The woman had a dirty grey robe with a hood that covered her head, worn purple slippers, a backpack, and a staff that she was using as a walking stick. She had wandered off the path and was seeking to find it. Fortunately the woman did have the mind to bring a map to direct herself out of the vast forest. The woman's name was Tristana. As she walked she was looking at the forest floor, observing all the plant life that had been spread far and wide. She suddenly realized that there was a change in the forest's atmosphere. The forest seemed more alive somehow, in a way that was difficult to explain. The plant life seemed to be blooming and there were sounds of wildlife surrounding her. Which was a drastic change from the more dreary forest she was at only a few minutes ago. Was she really that offtrack? A sudden realization hit her like a weight. She must have been in a god's or goddesses' territory. Or temple. Tristana didn't exactly know how the gods worked. She only knew what their names were and what the gods controlled. That was it. No stories or anything else. Just basic information. 

Tristana was completely lost at what to do. Should she bow and pray to the trees? To the animals? Was bowing even important? Should she have come with some special offering to the gods? Was that even important? Or should she have had a specific wish in mind? To say she was unprepared would be an understatement. Suddenly she heard movement behind her and turned around. There stood a magnificent but terrifying wolf looking directly at her. Tristana was scared stiff and could only manage to let out a small squeak of terror. Instead of attacking her, the wolf simply looked at her then began to walk deeper into the forest. Tristana was still scared but curiosity overcame her senses as she began to follow the wolf. She followed the wolf but kept a little distance between her and the animal. Mostly out of respect. After all Tristana didn't like the idea of some strange wolf sneaking up on her. So she wouldn't do that to the wolf. They came upon a dirt path and followed it up to a massive wooden gate with markings upon it. Tristana was in awe of the gate and quickly walked up to it, forgetting all about the wolves. She touched the great wooden gate and ran her hand along the engravings. As if taking in a piece of art. Suddenly her hand came across a bare spot and she felt a wave of magic wash over her. Tristana had never felt anything like it before and was fascinated by it. Behind her the animal's eyes alight and the gate began to open. 

Tristana, surprised but the sudden movement of the gate, fell backwards and hit the forest ground. The wolf that had guided her looked at her with confusion as if to say, why did you fall? Tristana then stood up and began to walk into Fildais Grounds. Her breath was simply taken away by the sights of the grounds. Her first impulse was to run around and look at everything. Which she began to do. She inspected the first tree that she saw then went on to the next but then got distracted by the leather tanning racks. She had never seen any kind of leather tanning rack before or at least didn't notice it. Then she walked over to the stable to see the horses and wagons. Tristana knew better than to actually touch anything but just seeing it was enough. The horses were massive creatures and she had only seen horses five times. Which compared to most must seem very strange. Tristana continued wandering around the grounds with a certain childlike curiosity and wonder.

Tristana then went to see the shooting ranges which had also captured her interest. Unfortunately there were a couple of people at the archery range so she didn't feel it would be safe to observe the area closely. Still she did watch them for a while before going on to the next interesting thing. She then looked at the training dummies. Something she had also never seen before. Tristana poked one of them once to see what would happen. Is it supposed to fight back? But before she could answer that she got distracted by a squirrel with an acorn in it's mouth. Then she went over to one of the ladders that went up into the battle station. She didn't dare climb up it herself though. Tristana knew better than to try to go somewhere she wasn't allowed. Finally she was done exploring the area and sat down on one of the stumps circling the fire pit. She still had her hood up and was doing her best to avoid others. Since she would probably scare them and all. Tristana began to wonder which one of the gods would probably have such a fine fortress in the forest. It only took her a few moments to figure it out. Clearly this was the temple or sanctuary for Flidais. Tristana then began to realize that she had finally done it. She had found a god. Her goal wasn't exactly to find a certain god and more just find a god. Tristana looked over the grounds with continued awe. It was simply a magnificent place that she had never seen before. 

“Your choices are your own. The past doesn’t excuse now.”

Aegis

Character Info
Name: Zanar Arowin
Alignment: TN
Race: Werebear
Class: Deity
Silver: 10002
Unknown to the new visitor of the fort, eyes had been on her ever since the gate had opened. The sound of the gate had alerted the god to the new visitor, but when he went to greet whoever had entered he was surprised to see who had walked through. Surprised and all the same curious, for she was not like most of the others who had come either to ask for his assistance or blessings. So he had blended in with the people and just watched as she explored around.

It was the almost childlike wonder on how she approached the things that really got him curious. It was almost as if she had never seen any of these things before, so it ruled her out on even being someone who wished to learn from him. He couldn’t catch a glimpse of her face underneath her hood, so he couldn’t read her expressions or what her eyes would say. Was she part of a more primitive tribe was his first thought, but even they tanned skin for uses. The more he thought, the more he got curious.

She seemed to have the basic sense of manners and knew where she belonged and where she did not. Even though he cared not if folk went up onto the watchtowers, though his rangers were a little more picky on where people should or shouldn’t be so she may have heard it from them a little. Maybe I should talk to them about that The god thought to himself, but figured they didn’t want anyone to hurt themselves from climbing up there and were just doing the job that Zanar gave them. She finally sat down around one of the fire pits, but Zanar could tell she was still taking it all in as she looked around from her seated position.

Finally, he decided to go and great the woman, yet would not exactly announce that he was the God. He wanted to see and perhaps hear what her motives were and why she had decided to visit Flidais beforehand. He grabbed an apple from one of the nearby supply tables and headed over to the firepit himself, taking a bite of it as he approached. He sat down on the log next to her stump. He figured she had her hood up for a reason, so sitting right across from her would be in poor taste and almost an evasion of her own privacy. ”A beautiful place isn’t it? A haven of sorts in this thriving part of the forest.” He said taking another bite of the apple in his hand

She probably was wondering who this man was that decided to join her around the fire. Zanar was not one to dress his part, so it was easy for him to blend in. All he wore was his trademark long coat, a deep green tunic and tan pants with a pair of dark high boots. One would think that the god himself was another hunter that made their way through. The only thing that would give him away was the silver raven sigil that was inlaid to the leather shoulder guard that he wore on his right. ”If I may ask, what brings you to Flidais? Of course, this place is open to anyone, so as long as the wilds accept you themselves. Feel free to answer if you wish, not going to make anyone say their motives of course, as we often reveal our own if we keep pressing. It is good though, it seems the wilds are accepting of you if you made it to the inner grounds.” Zanar tossed the core of the apple into the flames, ”For they judge people far harsher than the Gods ever do.”

Zanar is the God of The Endless Hunt and Boundless Wilds

Zanar's God Powers are as Followed:
i. Can Track Anything in the world, no matter where they may go.
ii. Can see and strike the weak points of his prey, allowing for a clean kill
iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Limited GM of my character is always allowed!
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Tristana had her eyes glued on a tree but her mind wandered. She was thinking back to when the timber wolves first showed her the entrance. Although she was curious on why they led her here, she was more curious about the wolves themselves. Were they born here? Did they have a family? How did a family of wolves live? What did a wolf baby look like? Are they in service of the god? Do wolves surve gods typically? This and many more questions were what she was contemplating as she stared at the tree. Unaware of the person approaching her. Her mind was completely occupied with pondering the life of wolves. At least until the man had spoke. Startled, Tristana had to grip onto the stool tightly with her fingers so she wouldn’t fall off it. After she had regained her balance she turned to the stranger. Not knowing what to say to him whatsoever. Should she say how are you? Or would Hello be more polite? Did she even need to say anything at all? Tristana ended up not saying anything as the stranger had begun speaking. Her eyes observed the person sitting next to her. He had dark wavy hair and a long coat that seemed to be made up of rich materials. Or at least to her it seemed very fancy. To be fair she herself was wearing a simple robe made of cheap wool that was very scratchy. Tristana wasn’t exactly an expert on fabric, or anything for that matter. The man also had a deep green tunic, which seemed fitting for a hunter, along with tan pants and dark boots. She listened as he spoke to her and her eyes lit up with excitement when he mentioned how beautiful the place was. “Beautiful doesn’t even begin to describe it.” She proclaimed with infectious enthusiasm, “It’s fascinating! There are so many trees and plants that I have never seen before. I saw a plant that had these huge purple berries and the vines it was attached to seemed to crawl up the stone wall. I’ve never seen anything like it. Then there are these odd white circles with red rings on it that some of the visitors were shooting at with bows. This place is the biggest building I’ve ever seen. Is this what they call a fortress? Anyway the best thing by far are the animals. I don’t even know what half of these creatures are yet they are fascinating. I watched this big red mouse with a busy tail run across the field with some sort of nut in it’s mouth. Perhaps it’s taking it to it’s family? I have no idea but none of the animals seem to be unafraid. Which is good since this is the god’s sanctuary. Or is it a temple? I don’t know exactly what it’s called. Still it’s incredible!”Tristana had realized that her voice had grown louder as her enthusiasm grew. A few visitors were staring at her so she promptly shut up and looked away back to the mysterious man. Tristana listened as he questioned why she was here. She was a little hesitant but felt even worse at the thought of not giving him an answer. So she decided to tell him. Besides, what was the harm in telling him? He probably didn’t actually care and was just being polite. But then again he might actually be interested. Tristana looked down at her hands and began to fidget with them. “Actually, I came here looking for some help. I want to look for my parents so I figured I could ask the God of the Hunt and tracking where to start. Of course I don’t want him to find them for me. It’s my responsibility. But… I don’t have any traces of them. Right now I don’t have a name, address, or even the tiniest clue. I don’t even know how to find them. That’s why I came.” Tristana explained, “There’s a good chance they might be dead or they just hate me. All I need is answers. Once I get it, I know that everything will be so much clearer.” Tristana had often dreamed of a place where a great warm welcome was waiting for her. Where there were people who cared and unafraid of her face. Somewhere that was meant for her. She had massive amounts of hope wrapped up inside her heart. Once she found her parents she felt that life would be so much simpler. She would have a family and a place where she belonged. Tristana’s heart warmed at the thought and she couldn’t help but smile. Then Tristana remembered where she was and looked back up. 
“Oh! I’m sorry. I forgot to ask you a question. What do you seek here?” Tristana asked. She couldn’t believe she had made this all about herself. It was unfair seeing as this person was more knowledgeable. He most likely had no interest in what she had said. After all she had spent most of the time rambling. He probably had a more important reason for being here. After all he was a hunter. He was meant to be here while she was just a random girl with a silly wish. Why would a great god even bother with her at all anyway? She didn’t even know what she was supposed to do when she got here. Did she need to bring offerings or pray? This wasn’t about her! Tristana made herself focus on the man and what he would say next. 

Aegis

Character Info
Zanar sat and listened as she explained herself with such enthusiasm. She seemed so happy about all that she saw, but in the back of his mind, his thoughts were getting more and more confirmed by the moment. This girl had barely got a glimpse of the outside world, not even knowing what a squirrel was, but seemed to have enough knowledge to know that this was Zanar’s temple. Books perhaps, even though he was just a newly ascended compared to the others. Her enthusiasm was quickly shut short though as she shut herself up when the few others around them started to whisper amongst themselves.

Zanar turned his head, his glare unseen by the woman but those that caught it immediately became quiet themselves. Those who entered these grounds knew better than to disrespect anyone who entered, all were welcome no matter their circumstances. Those who caught the piercing silver gaze knew they had upset the god and immediately withdrew from the area in silence their heads down for what they have done. Disrespect was something Zanar had zero tolerance of.

Once again he faced the girl, this time he had caught the first glimpse of her face as she faced him. He noticed the scar that ran down, for even the cover of her hood could not hide that from his eyes. So that is why she hides her face he quietly thought as she explained as to why she came here. It was rare that someone came to him to help track someone. Of course, he would not turn this request down, for her request was one to help start her healing. ”No parent truly ever hates their child, for if they did they do not deserve that honor. I have a son coming soon to this earth myself, so call it a parental instinct.” He caught the smile on her face and couldn’t help but to smile himself.

Such simple thoughts, thoughts that gave people hope to move on.

”What do I seek here you ask? That is a good question, one I have often asked myself to be honest. Perhaps a place to fill a void in my own heart,” He replied to her with a soft smile. He then started to laugh at what he said and just shook his own head. ”Such a lame answer is it not? But alas is the truth.” He then got up and stretched out a walked over to the girl and knelt down in front of her. This was to get a better look at her, he could see the innocence that she had in her eyes. He could also see the doubt that she had, as did most who came to him. Why would he see them? Why would he even bother? ”No need to bother yourself with such a thought”

With those words spoke he let his divine aura spread out, no longer suppress it. It probably would come off strong to her, but it would be gentle as well. ”Sorry for the mask I hid behind, but are you not doing the same? Hiding in fear of that mark, scars are the sign that we lived. I have my fair share of them myself.” He pointed to her face before resting his arm again on his knee. ”You wish to find your parents, is it? Then I shall help you, you have my word. Also do not let anyone stop you from your excitement in these walls, here you are free to be yourself and to learn. Those people knew better than to insult those on my temple grounds.”

iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Tristana listened to the man as he talked about parents. He was right in some parts but she knew that just because she was born to somebody didn't mean that the parent would love their child. Still he did have a point. A true parent never really hated their child. Then he spoke of his own upcoming child and her eyes lit up with joy. She felt happy that he would get such a blessing and could clearly see his own happiness about it. Tristana couldn't help but smile at that fact. 

"Congratulations!" She said warmly, "I hope it is a healthy child." 

This man certainly seemed to deserve a child and partner. His kindness and friendliness was more than a good indicator for that. She also hoped that his wife would be equally happy although she did not know her. Tristana continued to listen to the man as he continued on. So he had a void in his heart? Tristana knew she felt similarly although probably not in the exact same way. Despite being joyous about almost everything around her, it was really just a distraction from the truth. Her own empty heart. The fact that she had been locked away without a single person who even tolerated her did take effect. Although she did her best to hide it behind a smile, there was a gap within her life that she was hoping some form of family might fill. Hence the reason why she had even started her journey in the first place. 

"That is certainly not a lame answer. A lame answer would be if you came to the god's fortress only to take a nap." Tristana declared then thought for a moment, "However that would still be quite funny." 

Suddenly the man moved and knelt before her. Confusion crossed her face then realization. Quickly she reached up to her face and placed her hand over her scar but it was too late. He had seen her so she let her hand drop. And he… wasn't trying to murder her? More confusion raced through her mind. After all, her entire life she had been informed that if the world saw her wretched face then it would do it's best to tear her skin off her face then stab her in the heart multiple times. Or something like that. She couldn't quite recall all the stories that Nevin had told her. Thankfully. Otherwise she might have never even left the cabin in the first place. But that didn't matter now. Tristana heard him speak something about thoughts which just added more confusion to the pile of confusion in her mind. 

Then he revealed himself to her. It only took a few moments for her to put the pieces together. Her eyes widened in panic. Her thoughts in her mind became very chaotic. This is the god of the hunt?! And she just blabbered off about stuff to him? He's the god of the hunt? What was she supposed to do now?! Was she supposed to bow or something?! Did everybody around her already know this man was Zanar?! Had she really just been chatting with a god?! He was incredible nice though. But still he was a god! Instead of letting her panic show she just simply didn't move. It was as if she was a deer that had been spotted by a hunter. 

"Oh." Was all that she could manage to say. 

However that is when he began speaking about something important. Him agreeing to help her. The shock she had a few moments ago was pushed to the back of her mind so she could worry about that later. Right now finding her parents was far more crucial than her own doubts and concerns. 

"Thank you." She said to him with sincerity, "I deeply appreciate your help. If you don't mind my asking, what do you wish for me to call you?" 

To be perfectly honest she had no idea what the god's name was. She had only heard of the hunting god and his temple but nothing more. And even this information was simply rumors passed on by travelers. Tristana decided it would be better to let the god tell her so that she didn't mispronounce anything or if he preferred having titles or such. She could only wonder how they would start looking for her parents. But one thing she knew was for certain. Tristana would accept help but this was her responsibility. It was rude and irresponsible to expect others to do such things for her. However help was fine. She was also testing to see how he wanted to be treated. If Tristana was in his position she knew she wouldn't want people to act differently because of her high status. However she knew that they were gods for a reason and the title must be very important to them. Tristana decided to wait and see how he reacted to her before she decided to treat him like a regular person or treat him like a god. Not that either was easy since she had no idea how to talk to normal people or gods without being strange. 

Aegis

Character Info
He could see that him announcing who he was had shocked her in her own way. After all, this girl who barely knew the outside world just met with one of the more important figures of Canelux. This was all just based on his assessment that he had of her while they had been talking and her reaction just further cemented that thought into his head. Most people he had announced to secretly didn’t react with the shock that he thought, but there were the few that almost fell head over heels not knowing what to do. He had to admit it was always fun to see what type of reaction he would get out of people.

”There is no need to be nervous, just act like you did when you first met me. I may be a God, but I treat everyone with the same respect that I deserve.” He stated to her, even though he kept saying that to people there were those who still couldn’t bring them to do just that.

”As for what you may call me, Zanar is just fine, being called by titles is not my ideal way to be addressed. If only some people would learn that!.” He raised his voice so that the nearby Keep rangers and clergy members could hear. He picked up some footsteps scurrying more hastily in the background, he knew that there were some nearby there always were. He got up from his kneeled position and brushed the dirt and grass from his knees and made his way back to his seat on the log. ”Now that that is all over. Let us see what I can do about your little request from here shall we?”

The squirrel that the girl saw earlier came scurrying up to them. It looked up at Zanar and cocked its head a little standing on its hind legs. It quickly then climbed up the god’s leg and back sitting on his shoulder. Zanar had his eyes closed and was just listening to the voice of the animal and what it had to say to him. He could see the images of what the animal was trying to convey to him clear in his mind. Getting what he needed he reopened his eyes, the silver ring that once circled his glowing blue eyes now completely covered his iris’. ”Thank you, my friend, now go on,” and as if by command the squirrel went back to do its normal thing.

“Perhaps you know this name, as I do not, a Nevin? The animals are not to keen on him but it seems they had caught his scent from you. Was he the one who ‘raised’ you by chance?” The way that he said that last part, letting on that he knew something wasn’t right.

TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Tristana felt relief flood through her as she seemed to be very relaxed about being a god. Although she hadn't met any other god before she did hear that the gods were fierce. Of course she didn't doubt that but perhaps fierceness didn't mean the same as being cruel. She was glad that he seemed to believe in the idea of treating everybody with respect. Although she herself didn't deserve respect but others did. He called himself Zanar. Tristana couldn't help but wonder if he called himself that but if he had a parent who gave him that name. Did gods just appear or were they born into godhood? Did they earn their titles or were they born into them? Were family members allowed to become gods if the god was originally mortal? Or would the god have to outlive his family? Just the thought of the idea made Tristana feel a little sad. Hopefully Zanar wouldn't have to deal with that. Or with the fact that any mortal he meets, he will eventually outlive. After he would live forever and any mortal friend he had wouldn't. How lonely must the gods be sometimes…

Now was not the time to be thinking about. She didn't know if he could read her mind so she decided to think of happy thoughts. She watched as he sat back down on the log and faced Tristana. It seemed that he was considering helping her out. Hope shined in her eyes as he seemed to accept helping her. Now Tristana might have a chance of finding a family. A home. A place to call her own. A past and a future. Perhaps even a father or a mother. Her own desire for that warm place that she was told about where one felt like they belonged. That's what she hoped she would find once she traveled far enough. Suddenly a fluffy red squirrel ran up to them and made it's way up Zanar. It was fascinating to watch since the squirrel didn't seemed too scared by Zanar. Tristana then remembered that he was a god of the hunt. Then the squirrel seemed to be communicating in some strange way with Zanar. It was purely magical to watch. Then she noticed Zanar's attention turn back to her. 

Zanar mentioned her…well…Nevin's name. He then questioned if he was the one who raised her. It had been a while since Tristana had heard his name. Instantly her heart became clouded with complicated emotions. Ones that were only too familiar to her. Nevin was the closest thing she had to family. He wasn't kind but he was the only person she was able to talk to for most of life. Yet at the same time she didn't care about him. When he had died it was a surprised but she didn't feel any sympathy for him whatsoever. Tristana feared him yet at the same time she pitied Nevin. He was right about everything but so wrong. Ironically the most clear thing Tristana felt was confusion. She felt as though she deserved whatever Nevin would shout at her but he never physically harmed her. Which she felt lucky about. After all a monster like her… well… now was not the time to linger on such things. 

"Yes." Tristana said, "But he is not related to me. And I…He…well he was never really family to me. Anyway I didn't really know where he came from since he hadn't ever spoken about his past life. Can squirrels smell where people are from?"

She had no idea if a squirrel had such abilities. It would be amazing if they did. Tristana still didn't know though. Maybe squirrels had awesome sight abilities. Or something else. Of course it was obvious they couldn't do things like fly. Unless there was a flying squirrel out there. But it was unlikely. Tristana pulled her attention back to Zanar after she had begun thinking about squirrels.