Archive Home > Archives > 2018 Archives > Suishō no Kyūden > Gathering Light [P,R]
Lucielle

Character Info
Name: Lucielle
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Light Wielder
Silver: 46
Family. She had thought it many times since meeting him, and had assigned the word to her feeling towards him, but there was something so otherworldly about the word from his mouth. Perhaps it was that he had referenced his actual family; the details of which Lucielle did not know a great deal about. Either way, realizing that there were people that were tied into this god's light in a truly familial way made her feel honored. Honored, yet oddly distant. Alone. Orphaned. Presumably.

Her eyes closed at his touch and her mind quickly quieted. The worry and sadness that had been circling her chest began to fade; a fact that she was sure Naota appreciated since it meant that he would be able to lift his grip over her light. It was as if he was so filled with calm certainty that it could not help but flow into her.

Breathe and focus. You can handle this.

When her eyes opened they were immediately met with the god's gaze. The power that brimmed in them calmed her even more. He really could her. In fact, he sounded quite certain that he could repair the issue. Though knowing that she would have to do a lot of the remedying on her own made it somewhat daunting; an emotion that only recently began to register on scale.

"If you feel as though understanding the darkness will leave you better equipped in our fight against it, then I am more than willing to do what needs to be done," she said flatly.

Was she worried? In her own special way, yes she was. She had no idea what his tapping into the negativity would do to her. She knew enough about this realm to know that the simplest things could cause a magickal ripple. Once that could easily devour someone inexperienced like herself.

However, she had never trusted someone so quickly, or frankly as much, as Naota. If this needed to take place, she was glad that he would be at the helm.

"How can I help? Do you need me to do anything with my light. i don't have a great amount of mastery of it, but sometimes I can brighten it and dim it a little."

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
He nodded gently and paused in their slow promenade to face her. Hopefully it was just his overprotectiveness at work that worried him so from that speck of darkness. Nonetheless, he’d treat it with just as much precision and seriousness. His hands lifted and he gently rested them on her shoulders before closing his eyes and instructing her to do the same, “I want you to close your eyes and try your best to meditate. Don’t clear your mind, focus it. You can touch me if necessary.”

After all, sometimes closing your eyes and dulling the rest of your senses left one feeling disoriented. He wasted no time and allowed his own light to start to flow through her, starting at his fingertips. Warmth spread through her body, not topical, but from within, and soon he felt a familiarity that was comparable only to when he had once had to share his own body. He could smell what she smelled, feel what she felt, hear what she heard, and right there at the core was the touch of shadow.

Now that he had singled it out, it was all that he could notice until it felt more like a boulder than a pebble. He reached further, allowing himself to ever so briefly connect with that darkness. The first thing he tasted was salt, then heard the cry of a gull, felt the rough scratch of sand. A beach, but where he had expected malice he felt only contentment. He wasn’t sure what to make of that. Soon that calm shifted and expanded, filling him with desire, greed, hunger, and the stinging yet numbing stab of negative power. His breathing quickened and his lips parted to keep it as regulated as possible.

The longer he stayed, the tighter his grip on her shoulders became, though never enough to cause harm…no, the grip was less for her protection and grounding, and more to keep her where she was. To keep her in general. How long had she been around this person? What was it about them, about her, that made them want to possess her so? A set of teal eyes opened, staring straight into his mind’s eye as if knowing they were being prodded, and with that he released their metaphysical bond. When his eyes opened they were the same teal as the unnamed man’s, and he slowly removed his hands from her shoulders.

His expression was different, more serious with worry, eyes glowing with protective passion though they kept that same teal hue, “It was a beach, yes?” his voice was lower in timbre, revealing how very possible it was for his voice to boom, though it stayed eerily hushed, “Who were you with?” Whomever they were it was frightfully important that she stayed away from them. Him. It was a man, of that much he was certain. “I suggest that we remove that darkness as soon as possible.”

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]