Archive Home > Archives > 2018 Archives > Eytelia Ziggurat > Farewell, Eytelia [SOLO][Event]
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Standing in a fold of space, she watched as the moonstones gradually grew brighter and brighter. She stood for hours, staring as the red and blue stones were returning to full power. "How much longer?" She said to herself. "Soon." Came a reply, prompting her to turn around. "…Oh, it's you." There was a masked figure in a cloak, walking about the area she had set aside for herself to observe the events going on in the ziggurat and around Eytelia. "I was asking a rhetorical question, you know." Shiloh muttered, sitting on the floor with her arms crossed.

"You two have done well. The Moonstones have regained their strength and soon it will sleep for a little longer. I knew my faith was not misplaced when I called for you." The Voice said. Sour as ever, the rogue made no comment towards the praise. "Yeah, well how long'll it hold this time? Or you're not going to tell me, are you? …Why?" The cloaked man turned her way and repeated her last question. "Why?" Standing up, she spread her arms out as anger, frustration, and irritation crept into her voice. "Why did you choose me? There are hundreds, thousands of people out there who are more qualified than me! People who know more, have seen more, and have done more than me!" Walking up so that they were nearly face to face, she stared back as she lowered her tone to a whisper. "I'm not even from this world. Why didn't you pick someone who was born here?" There was silence before the Voice gave his response. "Shiloh, when you first learned about the Conclave and this world with its gods; what were they to you?" 

"They were stewards appointed by a higher power." She said slowly. "And that is exactly why I selected you, out of many reasons." The Voice echoed, surveying the trials below them. "The fact that you did not come from this world means you do not have a lingering attachment to this world and its traditions. You have not been shaped by its history, its beliefs, and its people. You do not blindly follow authority, regardless of how legitimate it may seem. And when you put your mind to a goal, you relentlessly insist."

"So in other words, I'm stubborn." She summarized. "I believe consistent and persevering would be better terms." Came the reply. "You resist change, despite your words and actions. And sometimes, that is a good thing." 

She said nothing for a while, eyes tracing the lines in the floor. "I take it that's a hint you don't intend on letting me quit anytime soon?" "Only until 'I am no longer needed', as you have said yourself." The Voice answered. She gave a long drawn-out sigh. "Of course…"

The Voice lifted his gaze to the skies, as Canelux and Parvpora began to mend themselves and their light no longer wavered. The sinister clouds were dissipating and moving away. The voices of the seas calmed, and the late goddess Ki's gift to the world was on the move once more. "Sihajja will be departing soon. And again, Eytelia will stand as sentinel quietly beneath the waves. You have our thanks for what you and Angela have accomplished." Without missing a beat Shiloh answered. "Sure. After all, it's my job."

"Alright everybody, it's closing time. Time to pack things up. Get through the portal and don't idle around, we don't need stragglers. Is everybody here? Where's Niall?" From one of the boxes, her familiar popped out his head. "Here! I counted everybody for you, myself included! You shouldn't forget to bring me next time!" "Ok, I won't. Did you stow away in the supplies from the Machinarium?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at the ferret. "…Maybe." Niall said, slinking back into the crate. "I was bored, and lonely. I woke up from my nap and everybody was missing. Walter said you guys were setting up first aid and I wanted to help."

Picking up the long-bodied mammal, she put him around her neck. "I'll let you know when I'm leaving next time, and if you want to come we'll talk about it. Ok?" Satisfied with her answer, the ferret was all smiles again. It had been hectic with staving off the 'end of the world' again, and finally they were going home.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.