Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Prapasite de Renastere > Vivid Nightmares [Open][R][Event]
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
While letting the world unwind with these apparent suicides and the very force of the natural order falling into disarray sounded so promising, Xunatar could see a greater prize in “helping” with establishing the realm’s stability. If just for now. He was one that often sought for the bigger picture and that was of course to get a look at this Soul-Stream that seemed vital to this world. Oh how he would just love to sink his fangs into that savory little morsel. With the appropriate chain around his neck, the devil found a lovely mirror in the home of Adelunian aristocrats after he was through playing with them. Broken bodies littered the house- the staff, the owners, and friends alike. The children were spared, though as traumatized as they were, there was no doubt that they might as well have been taken with their folks. Perhaps they would prove to be perfect tools for him later in life, but for now he was content with the vanity mirror in the master chamber.

His finger reached forwards and stroked along the smooth surface before it melded through the glass. “Found it”, he smiled crafty before he stepped through it and came across the other side. What he came across was very unexpected and he frowned. The vibrant colors of the scenery sickened him the more his eyes absorbed it. How on earth was he suppose to find this Stream or complete whatever it was he was suppose to do while being blinded by such sights? Slowly his body began to move, step by step as he started his search. There was little doubt that he would mistake the Stream for anything else but there were two questions; how was he suppose to get to it and what was the objective exactly?

The area itself felt out of place from the rest of reality. There was just something about the colors of this place that screamed to the demon that it defied order. It was something that he nearly liked if not for the former problem he had. Bare feet kept hitting the ground as he continued to look in both awe and disgust over the plants and creatures around him. Had he not been made of sturdier stuff, Xunatar would have surely gouged out his own eyes to spare him of these happy colors. Something else was telling him not to completely trust this place. It was purely a feeling, but given the nature of this place, he didn’t exactly leave nothing to chance here.  

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Angela rolled around on a little cloud that had found itself way on the mainland of the floating islands. Well if you could call it mainland. She laid down in the comfort of the cloud and let her feet dangle off. She heard something quite fascinating. The thoughts of a man she had only heard about. She rolled up on the cloud and looked down at him. Her red hair fell like a waterfall and she just watched him for a while. She propelled the cloud to follow him, this would be the only place that she could get in the sky. Maybe it was because this whole place was hers.

The cloud began to sink and she found herself jumping down off of it and landing not far from him. “Why search for the stream when you are in it?” She tilted her head at him. “It’s not a river or a creek. The Soul-Stream is often described as such which is how it got its name.” She kept a safe distance from him as she took the time to look him over.  “However, you are now within it. A world within that said stream.  Prapasite de Renastere.” She let its name roll off of her tongue. “That’s why you needed the keepsake.” She eyed the lacriamium around him. “This is the world of the death but not Dalanesca’s. Mine.”

She realized it was rude to pry into what his want was at the moment but soon she was stepping just a hair closer so she could see his blue eyes. “Forgive me normally I don’t pry so easily but I’ve heard about you. Your thoughts came with a name but no face. I decided to look and see if it was the white-haired man I’ve heard so much about.” No doubt he had probably heard of her due to the situation with her sister but it just made her smile as she walked around the colorful world. “Life is colorful. Death is not. That’s why there is so much color here. At least… in this part. It reminds me much of Feeorin Forest in that regard.”

She spotted a cheshire cat not far behind him and spooked it with a plant that snapped out of the ground and went to grab it. “Walk with me Xunatar, please? I think this meeting has been long overdue.” She offered her arm out to him.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Xunatar

Character Info
One couldn’t help but to ponder whether it was worth coming here to see this Soul Stream. In truth, he’d only heard bits and pieces about it from others. Even if he were to find it, Xunatar was starting to question what usage could he make of it before it would locked away from the sight of mortals once more. Death wasn’t really an option he would opt for nor could he control any of the deceased once they crossed over this point. And he still didn’t know exactly what was suppose to be accomplished either. His first thoughts were to paint this whole plane with far less distracting colors. All he would require now was a few people that didn’t mind losing their lives and he could use them on this tainted canvas.

Unfortunately there was not a soul around him, or at least he’d thought. Traversing through this sea of morbidity, he paused once he felt something coming towards him. Not something, more of a someone and before him a woman of red hair seemingly fell from the very sky. Instantly his head cocked to the side, his curiosity was stroked and her words merely made it grow more. According to her, the stream was all around them and it brought out a slight frown from his lips. His eyes traveled all over while taking in what she spoke; this presented multiple problems. For one, he surely couldn’t overtake a realm like this one and that she had extensive knowledge of this place. His attention returned to the woman once she subtly made her identity known with the usage of Dalanesca. Her eyes should have been a damn clue to what she was and he could only sigh inwardly.

“Angela, I presume?” Xunatar’s head tilted to the other side; her extensive family was one that was slowly becoming a sharp thorn along his side, slowly digging further into the flesh. Her sister was a nuisance he wanted to be rid of and he was to “fix” their broken son before he became like the rest of her children. Colden’s sister didn’t help things as she distracted his other son in their diddle-daddles. Heaven knows that Cyprus was worth less to him alive than dead since she constantly refused to listen to reason and strike when appropriate. Once more he couldn’t help but to find it pitiful of what she truly could have been had she think before acting. His face was stony, hiding his inner intentions as he watched her draw nearer. In truth he had nothing at all against the Goddess. He didn’t know anything about her personal to hold a grudge; no it was more so that her position presented a problem to his plans and that in of itself had steer him to her fellow goddess to help in her downfall. Seeing that she lives now made him think that Dalanesca might had a change of heart. Another pity. She had such a devious mind that he’d love to explore at some point.

“My, I didn’t know that my name was passed around as it was. I suppose I have Cyprus’ children to thank?” He cared little about the connection being made between her sister and him; had he known what was to come from their union, he would have avoided her like people did plagues. “The analogue is…one way to look at it.” He was about to make another comment but then the swift punishment towards the cat behind him stirred him away if but for a moment before turning back. “Right, I suppose it was”, he spoke trailing off a bit. He had nearly forgotten that Lotus and Eldora had suggested to him to see her. Xunatar did whatever it took to advance, even if it meant making uneasy alliances if for the moment. The devil, in any case, decided to take her up on her offer. Her sister could thank her annoyance against him for this one. “Yes, let’s talk then”, he stated as he came closer to her to join her on this so called walk through the Soul Stream.  

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“Yes, I am.” She confirmed her name as they spoke and she smiled softly. “I would have probably made myself known earlier if the fighting with Dalanesca hadn’t gone on as long as it had. Getting killed and reformed does that.” She said it as if it hadn’t been a huge deal that she had died. In fact, it hadn’t. She was still here but that week of being a child had haunted her a little bit. 

Thinking about the best way to answer his question she just decided to go with the truth. “Normally Kirika plays a very good game of clearing her mind before she speaks with me. The troubles as of late have left her mind in a state of chaos. Your face and name were easily picked out so I cornered her about it. The girl is very good at keeping her cards kept for important times. Methodical, smart, talented, and a natural born leader. Can you imagine if Cyprus hadn’t ruined most of her children what they would have been like? If there is a plan to kill my sister I would like to be in on it. No one threatens my family and lives.” There was a threat on the tip of her tongue not directed towards him but it was there.

There was a playful smile on her face as he finally answered her. He joined her arm and she held it tightly as they took a stroll through this enchanted land. “My sister has made a mess out of everything she has ever touched.” Her eyes flickered to Xunatar. “Colden would have been…” She thought on it as she formed the words. “Much better than he became because of her. It is my apologies that it was her who you ended up having him with. I only send the souls I don’t necessarily always pick out who they go to.” She was contemplating something as she watched the skies.

“My sister would be brilliant if she wasn’t so damn compulsive. If she chose to slaughter enemies of Arri I would not have been opposed to keeping her there. She knew what it took to kill and that is what the Black Court is. I am a goddess of many good things but I must put that aside when Arri comes into play. There is no room for warring with the other queens. However, she pushed me a tad too far. I’m afraid I ended up being the one who let her become this demon. Motherly instinct is a bitch of a curse. When she killed my son I tortured her and fed her to demons. Not in my right mind, I didn’t think she would crawl out.”

The goddess tilted her head. “So quickly do I forget that scum of the earth like her do not follow normal rules of society. I have instead made a deal with Dalanesca. She owes me for killing me after all. When Cyprus is killed this time she is going on a permanent trip to the darkest reaches of Porta Inferi.”

She hummed a little and gave a smile. “By no means, by the way, was I going to hurt Colden if he came for his sister. Kirika is capable of defending herself. Even if she wasn’t Colden couldn’t take the throne of Arri without going through the trials. It sorts itself out. If anything I would have deterred him from coming there. Lotus and the others have lost many siblings. They don’t need to lose any more. If Colden took the trials test he would die. Cyprus barely survived when she did and the only reason she did was because… well I don’t know what she made a deal with but it was barely enough. She was ribbons when she came out.” Angela took the time to look Xunatar over real good.

“Kirika is a strong girl. I tried to get her to come to the Gardens to be safe but she has refused refuge. Instead she made a pact with Dalanesca, as ballsy as that was. She intends on killing all those loyal to Cyprus in Arri as we speak. She could be doing it right now for all I know. She intends on protecting herself by her own means. Something a young monarch should understand when they take over a throne as bloody as her own is and I was quite shocked to know she learned it. We taught her the way of the courts but she taught herself how to rule. Talented girl like I’ve said. I’ve always enjoyed watching Kirika work. When she was young she told us that she was ready for the trials. At ten. We told her she was too young and she told us not to determine her fate for it was hers and hers alone.” Angela seemed puzzled still by the young girl’s words. “She went in and came out unscathed. In the history of Arri that has never happened before. The darkness loves that girl. Maybe that is why it didn’t attack her.” 

A sigh left her lips as they continued to walk. “And Lotus… I’ve heard is with your other son. Not hard to figure out when that’s all that goes through that girl’s mind when she is around me.” She rolled her eyes softly. “She is a good girl. Broken but not in the way like the others. Her father did a good job rounding her out. I’ve replaced many of her bones, her eye, many things. Cyprus gouged her eye out one time because she was having a bad day. She was… I think she was twelve. She could have been a hair older. I remember mostly because of the screams.” She peeked over at the demon to see if he was listening to her. “They’re good kids you know. Broken a bit but good. I will use it loosely. Eldora’s been known to chop off hands and boil them but… for the most part they are tolerable. Anyways since it’s Lotus he fell in line with… She is the best one out of the four left. In my opinion anyways. Maybe it's because she has grounded herself to be methodical when she needs to be. Kirika is brilliant but she is not cruel where Lotus can be if she needs to be. I think that will come with age.”

If anything Angela was showing the duality of being a monarch and a god. She was putting down her goodness for Arri for once. This would be the only time she would do it. “I do talk a lot but it is mostly to distract myself from this annoying corruption in the realm. Surely as a demon, you must feel it too. At least the buzzing in the back of your mind that something isn’t entirely right.” She tilted her head and watched him. “I’ve been rambling on trying to think of the things I must say to you. That you must be fed up with my sister.”

There was a pause in her words. “I have no doubt that you are. I am fed up as well. Colden is important to you that much I can gather just from scanning your desires.” She smirked a bit. “I could care less about the evil forces in this world doing what they do best. It is wasted energy trying to eliminate all of it. It’s also wasted energy to try and change that. What I care about is few and far between. I care about those who desire safety. I do what I can for those people. For those that want a good life, I do what I can for them. Good in the sense of the word is terrible. One army can be seen as good by their kingdom but the next kingdom next to them sees them as evil. Good and evil are just two tossed around words.”

She scoffed a bit. “To be inherently good to the standpoints of some people means to throw your life away for nothing in most cases. I hold the balance of the world with my Triune Sisters. I help keep the goodness of the world in check. However, I am seen as an evil goddess to some. Saint to others. That’s the world. I just wanted to make sure that it is clear that I am not the type to outright strike someone down because of their plans. But nor am I the type to be trifled with or underestimated. I didn’t fight Dalanesca because I saw what happened as my fault. I let her kill me to end the fighting because in a way that is what is expected of me and I cannot fight the natural order of the gods. At any point I could have ended it but I didn’t because it would have just dragged it on. In some way, shape, or form it would have continued.” There was wisdom in her words though it was confusing in a way.

“I also did it because of my offspring. I have many. I do not want them to meet a fate like that. I am not my sister. I am The Mother, motherly instincts are what flourish in me the most. I protect mine. I guide them. What my sisters do with theirs concerns me little but sometimes I do get involved. I got involved many times when Colden was hurt by her. He wouldn’t remember it because he was too young. Lotus would ask me to fix him up just like I did her. The girl owes me so much that I have begun to think she is never going to not have a debt with me. Took everything that I did for her brother and made it her own burden. She just wants him to live. She would do the same for Kirika. Though from what I know of her father… that honor bound thing she had is from him. That incubus is a very noble man. Scary at times from what I’ve seen of him. Has his own code.” She reached up at a tall plant and pulled a multi-colored petal off of it. 

She examined it for a while before turning her eyes to Xunatar. “Know thy enemies and thy friends. It was something one of the elder gods of my ascension time told me. I dragged on and on now, though. I’m giving you information to use. You are resourceful. You are also very much not bound by my rules. You are much like my husband in that regard. When we met he told me ‘I am a liar and a scoundrel and I will always be that way.’ and so he has been. Information is key and most of the times it is free.” There was a glint of mystery in her eyes for why she was telling him but perhaps it was because she knew that Lotus wanted him to ask her to protect Colden.  

“If I am anything it is reasonable. You can take my words at face value. I don’t lie and I don’t run around the truth. If I have something I don’t want to say there is always a price for that bit of information.  That is the difference between my sister and me.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Xunatar

Character Info
He could plainly see the resemblance between Cyprus and Angela. Sure they were both pretty little fillies, but beneath the lovely petals, the former was as venomous as could be. Perhaps Angela shared some qualities in that as well, though first impressions spoke otherwise. It didn’t mean that he wouldn’t be cautious around the Goddess- only fools would allow for their guards to be dropped. His interest peaked a bit when learning that Dalanesca had completed the deed, but here she was. Either she did a half job or there had been other forces at work; Xunatar suspected the latter truly. Fate could be so fickle at times and nothing was ever certain.

“Perhaps, but we will never know. The damage has been done and many of her children lay in graves. Those that have survived…I have seen what had happened to most of them”, he spoke flatly. A shame that his own boy had to endure that woman’s parenting though his wasn’t exactly any better. The only thing different was that he wouldn’t kill his offspring, at least not directly. Should they had been as foolish as she was, then they would surely deserve it. Colden was one of the seven however; no matter how naive and deserving of death he was, Xunatar couldn’t very well let his life end after working so hard to see that he was conceived. As broken as the lad was, he was still of plenty use to his fathe . “It is a pity, I’m sure. But the woman was never fit to have a family, let alone lead an entire clan.” He liked her ambition, but it was her haughty need to go through things without thinking first that steered him away from her afterwards. Seeing her recently had only served to remind the devil of her corrosive nature. Clearly whatever had drove her to become so jaded, so ugly that there was no reversing it.

“I see”, he replied when he was reminded of what was to become of Cyprus once death took hold of her once more. “I have no doubt of the horrors that await her. The Reaper had already shown me firsthand of what happens when she receives new guests. It is not…a pleasurable one for most.” He could still feel his nails raking the flesh of his neck because of a damn leaf that she gave him. While she didn’t force the words to come out of him, he had believed that death there would have been a sweet embrace if not for the fear of having to repeat such a punishment only permanent. Casting a glance at the goddess, Xunatar humored her. “Of course she would have. I’ve already known that she had made quite the number of deals with various entities. Of the exact number, I have no idea but it was far larger than any I have encountered. It was likely the very reason why she still drew breath and was transformed upon your attempt for vengeance. Colden will not set foot into these trials. I will make sure of that myself.” As much as he would have fed into letting the boy fulfill his dream, it seemed to be only a moot effort that would get him killed. He would have to get another dream in that case. Xunatar pondered though if he knew about these trials or had his mother neglected to tell him?

It wouldn’t had surprise him in the least.

Much of what she shared with him about Colden’s siblings was heard but uninterested him for the most part. Kirika seemed like someone he could use in later ambitions should she fit into the puzzle somehow, Eldora was a strange woman yet was interesting in a peculiar way and Lotus was a distraction that Dante partook in many more times than he had with anyone else. He knew not of any others that may have survived their mother’s cruelty and unless there was something that would gather his fancy, he wouldn’t have cared. “Time does do unpredictable things, even in the slightest of ways. Maybe indeed they will all change, including Colden.” One could only hope that he would mature from these events, that was if he was able to escape with his life intact.

A slight laugh slipped as Xunatar gave some meaningful thought into the concept of good and evil. “The way I see it, this is a world of survival. Those that can’t will try and justify the reasons why they are weak and why the strong rule and thrive. Your sister is truly weak in knowing that everything was taken and she can not get it back. She seeks to use Colden and his sister in some falsebound hope to secure her place, but she will die by my hand the moment she places him into danger. I simply don’t care what happens to her.” Had he known she would have annoyed him this much, he would have ended it all in their last encounter.

Angela may have not been one to lie, but he was a different sort of person. That being said, he wasn’t stupid enough to lie to someone grander than him, if he knew he couldn’t get away with it. His intentions with Colden seemed to be known, but to how detailed she knew, that remained to be seen. But he wasn’t going to push his luck. “That is something we can agree on. Knowledge is something more destructive than any army when used correctly. That is something your sister lacks severely and what my son needs to understand. I am not one for brute force. I prefer using other means to accomplish goals. I’m sure you have your reasons for telling me all of this.”

His hand slipped into his pocket and retrieved the sample of Kirika’s blood. “Already I suppose you know what lurks in this vial. This is supposedly the key to lure either of them out. What happens afterwards is up to chance.” His eyes drew along the vial for a few moments before coming back into the reality of their current situation. “I’m no hero. I only move against Cyprus because I do not like how she handles things. I would have left her to her own devices had it not included him. If she wanted to wander down the path of ruin, then so be it. You say that you will not harm Colden. But even then you can’t be completely certain, can you not. Was there ever a time you believed that you couldn’t bring yourself to kill your own sister?” 

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela offered a nod to Xunatar as she thought of the trials. “The trials are done by the spirits of Arri. Should they catch his intent… it would be bad.” She mused lightly. “Not a lot of people know about them but the ones who are to take the trial are told as soon as they are old enough to understand. At least that’s how it is supposed to be done. It’s not a throne some conqueror can take all for his own. I fear the requirements to take the title of Empress in Arri.” There was a visible shiver down Angela as she spoke, she was sure that Xunatar had felt it too. 

“No one knows but my grandmother and it will be a long time before someone like her passes from this world. If the five trials are as bad as we queens know them to be… to take the throne of Empress… I would say death would have the undeserving right away. Death is probably a gift compared to that trial. When Dalanesca killed me my son was about to take on my trial. The spirits knew before anyone else that the Voice had other plans for me and wouldn’t let him in.” Angela seemed amused by the thought.

“All things change with time.” The goddess sounded a bit grim but there was a smile. “Did you know that before Dalanesca held the title of death, it was I who did? Death and Decay as it would be. If there is anyone who understands the way time changes it is I.” She nodded a bit. “It was a long time ago, though. Before the Godslayer War.” She thought about it and there was a puzzling look on her face as she realized just how long ago it had been. “Anyways either they will mature from it or it will sink them further into madness. To save Colden you might have to get him to see just how much of a wretch his mother is.”

She tilted her head a bit and smiled. “That is quite true about the world. I don’t bring people back from the dead too often for a reason. The only thing people care about when it comes to Cyprus is when her last breath will be drawn. She can’t hide forever and being in Parvpora is only going to stop me for so long. When I find her… I’ll make sure she isn’t coming back this time. I have no patience for someone who doesn’t heed my warnings the first time let alone someone who keeps being an annoyance.” 

Angela tilted her head and thought about it. “I do have my reasons. Mainly the information that I gave you can be used against Cyprus. It could be used against her children but there is no gain in that. There are some of them that it won’t work on them because they are hardened to what she has done to them. Brute force is ugly.” She made a twisted face for a moment. “I prefer to play chess really. What I did to my sister is quite uncharacteristic of me.”

Angela smirked at the blood. “It’s not a bad idea. My theory is that she will have Kirika’s scent locked on with some of her pets. The moment they get the trigger that she is alone somewhere… especially where I can’t get to in time will be the moment she sends someone to get her. However, it isn’t guaranteed to completely work but you might be able to get someone you could use for information.”

She watched the sky again and thought about it. “I never thought you were. Sometimes in life, the opposite forces must join together to get rid of trouble. I wouldn’t have expected you to get in the middle of it if it hadn’t involved Colden. Family drama is very dull and boring. Cyprus plays the same games over and over again expecting us to not know her game. She will get angry when Kirika isn’t there and she will lash out, hopefully not at Colden.”

When it came to protecting Colden and her thoughts on Cyprus she shook her head. “There was a time when I pitied her existence. When I thought that someone somewhere could heal my sister of what is wrong with her. Colden is a tad different. I can say that I will stay out of Colden’s way but if he wants to provoke his sister I can’t stop whatever Kirika will do.” Her eyes shifted over to Xunatar. “I only act because if I didn’t my grandmother would probably paddle me. I’m immortal but the woman terrifies me. Her presence has ended many fights when we enter the court to discuss Sularia. Just a single glare.” She shivered again and laughed. “When I say I won’t harm Colden I mean it. I would go so far to say that as long as my sister is breathing that I can offer him protection.” She did know that it crossed his sister’s minds. “But that will require a payment. He is my nephew this is true but even family needs to pay the toll. I’m not a doormat for their services.” 

She held onto his arm snugly as she suddenly took them far across the islands. “Pardon me, I don’t want to go by way of mushroom.” Now they were in the Garden of Souls. The night air was pleasant as they were around. The souls were glowing around them and were slowly either being reborn or curling up into buds to become anew. The ghost orchid moon hung overhead. It was rather creepy if you didn’t know the story behind this place but Angela didn’t seem too concerned since she was the one who oversaw its creation. “There was a time when I wouldn’t have killed Cyprus. That changed the moment she killed one of my children. He was so young, not even ten. The way she butchered him I’ll never forget so I did the same thing to her. It was motherly grief. I am if anything the very essence of what being a mother is.” Angela’s expression was soft on her face. “When a true mother is angry there is no stopping that force. I snapped. I did something I shouldn’t have and I broke rules. I’m lucky that it was seen to be out of my hands. Cyprus should have stood trial for what she did and I had no right to be the one to execute her. However, I can’t change that now and quite frankly I wouldn’t want to regardless.”

She reached up and played with one of the fine petals of one of the rebirthing flowers. “To regret greatly is to be weak. I have enough weaknesses as it is. Though if she touches one of my children again… there isn’t a damn soul, demon, or anyone NOT even another deity that will stop me from destroying her from this existence.” The rise of her power in that moment was almost suffocating as it evened out.  “Let’s hope that won’t happen because I won’t care who is with her.” She offered a smile to Xunatar. “So let’s hope she isn’t that stupid. Shall we?”

Angela's 3 God Rules
Xunatar

Character Info
The trials had been a tidbit that Xunatar had missed learning about early on. Had he known what they were and to the extent they went, then he would have discouraged fueling the fire within his boy over the throne. Shame that he had wasted much time and effort into trying to groom Colden into usurping what didn’t belong to him. Pity, but it was better for him to learn of this now than later on should he had allowed for this foolish crusade and then find out the truth with his corpse. Unlike his former lover, he knew when to fold his hand and start a new.  A quick mental note to rebuild and redesign his son’s purpose was made before he gave up the quest completely. “Convincing him may prove…difficult. His motivation is greater than most, but not by accident or coincidence”, he spoke slyly. “But I will see to it that he surrenders this goal of his. I don’t even believe he knows about this trial or the punishment that awaits him.” Considering that Cyprus herself barely made by the skin of her teeth, Colden didn’t stand a ghost of a chance. But would even the devil himself be able to convince him of his mother’s true nature towards him? She had molded his character so much to the state that he was pathetic without her, so the task seemed rather difficult.

Xunatar rolled his eyes slightly; he cared little for Cyprus’ other children. In truth they didn’t seem to prove a threat to him or any of his own so it was pointless to interfere with any of them. Well, aside from her daughter stringing his lust stricken son anyway. “I have no personal qualm with any of hers nor would I gain anything from their downfall as you pointed out”, he replied as he looked to a river close by and saw the strange fish swimming through it. This was truly a topsy turvy place, and it was unsettling for him. “Nor do I. I do not find pleasure in barbaric force. I rather be several steps ahead of everyone and outwit them”, he humored in delight. “Perhaps one day I will challenge to a game of two…of chess.” Oh how quaint that would be; Xunatar liked to clash with other minds though not many were able enough to keep up, let alone outsmart him. That vanity of his stood out like a sore thumb when it came to that.

“Cyprus never learns. I have seen that first hand when I last saw her. She’s going to come after you and yours after she deals with her own court. I know not if she landed on her head when she was a babe or if traumatized so greatly that she was made into this mess. In any sense, there is no fixing someone of her likeness.” The calm was broken and a flash of anger came in his eyes. “I too had once pitied her, but her unwillingness to listen and think about the consequences unnerve me. I have warned her once that if she harms Colden, then I’ll make her stay in her prison look like a day at the beach. And now she moves against me.”

He halted and stood thinking about whether to indulge Angela with the information he knew of. As much as he loathed to give away secrets, it seemed necessary if he was going to require her assistance. “When Lotus informed me of what exactly her mother played to do with her children, I had a hunch on what being she wanted to bring forth. It’s a nephilim; a creature of both angel and demon blood that hasn’t been seen in eons. It is something that is more powerful than either being can hope of being. If she brings that into the world…you may have to start a new family.”

How Cyprus had gained such knowledge was beyond him. The demon should have kept a closer eye on the woman to be frank, but at the time he didn’t see any reason to worry about his son being a part of her childish game. “The creature will kill its parents first before going and destroying all that it comes across. I have no idea whether she thinks she can control it or wouldn’t care if she perishes by its hand. When it comes to Cyprus, I assume the former. She is foolish enough to try anything if it means getting even with you lot. She follows no laws- mortal, divine or natural unless they suit her. So if anything, I’d start preparing just in case.”

Xunatar thought back to the blood he still had. Perhaps she would at least be smart enough to send someone else there in her stead but like Angela had suggested, he would ensnare whoever and get the information out of them, one way or another.

“I can never possess such a hope, not as long as she still draws breath.” 

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*