Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Porta Inferni > Porta Inferni Description
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Dalanesca

Character Info
DOMUS TENEBRIS
“THE PALACE OF DARKNESS”

The tenth and final circle of Inferos, one must defeat the guardian of the circle in which they were placed upon navigating the Dolor Fluvium.  It is a world of darkness and shadows.  The only way one can see through the darkness is by grabbing a singular lantern that fades into existence at the entrance. If one stays inside the light cast by the lantern, one will be fine until they reach the Brimstone Gates of Domus Tenebris.  Something lurks in the shadows, and should one stray from this light, one will encounter the Nightmare - a being sent to guard the home of the Reaper.  The embodiment of Darkness itself, this is the being that parents warn their children about.  This is the being that hides underneath the bed.  This is Fear.

The road to Domus Tenebris is lined with bricks of silver.  The flecks glow in the light of the lantern, illuminating the path much like a trail of breadcrumbs.  If one can see through the darkness, they can see that the path is lined with thorn bushes, the light causing the foliage to retract and protect its carrier.

Upon reaching the gate, the area is much more illuminated before.  A crooked shepherd’s hook is jammed into the ground for one to hang their lantern from as they will no longer need it upon entering the courtyard itself is lined with the many plants that line the Dolor Fluvium.  The entrance to the palace itself is made from solid bricks of silver, and the handle is crafted from onyx.  Upon further inspection, the entire structure is made from these two materials.  It is a large, gothic style manor, with elegant designs of silver adorning every column supporting the structure. 

Dalanesca

Character Info
PARADISO VENENUM
“THE GARDEN OF POISON”

Double doors made from stained glass in shades of purple and silver make up the entrance to Paradiso Venenum. This is one of the most beautiful places in all of Inferos. The walkways are lined in silver bricks with stepping stones made from octagonal purple lepidolite. The garden itself takes the shape of a large octagon. Large apple trees, yew trees, and juniper trees are all throughout the garden in various gardens of colors.

Bricks of lavender chalcedony line each and every garden producing a boundary from the pathway to the innards of each garden. Bushes of chokecherries, hydrangea, daphne, clematis, and bittersweet are found in all places around the gardens. They are arranged in beautiful arrays. Various other plants like foxglove, calla lily, nightshade, belladonna, sweetpea, buttercups, and other various poisonous plants are all throughout the garden as well in beautiful colored arrangement. 

A fountain stands in the center of the garden, but, instead of water the fountain is full of a purple substance. This is the purest form of poison. The fountain is made silver and charoite. The top part of the fountain is carved into a form of deadly nightshade and angel trumpets where the poison gushes out into the open silver pool below. This is where Dalanesca dips most of her weapons for an easy assassination. 

The ceiling of the garden is a dome, reflecting the painting of the moon and stars and is used as the main light source of the garden. Along the garden path there are long benches of purple scapolite, if one can really find comfort sitting in a room full of plants that can and will kill you.