Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Porta Inferni > Nine Circles of Inferos
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180

CIRCULORUM INFERNI
“THE CIRCLES OF HELL”

Within Inferos, the realm of the Underworld, there exist ten circles. Within nine of these circles, the souls of the damned are tormented for all eternity in the manner of which they lived their mortal lives. Passing through the Reaper’s gates, one will be transported to the circle which most mirrors their darkest sins - if one can defeat the guardian of their given circle, they will find oneself in the tenth circle - Domus Tenebris - the Palace of Darkness, home to Dalanesca, the Reaper of Souls and Harbinger of Darkness.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Dalanesca

Character Info
UNUM - PURGATORIO
“ONE - PURGATORY”

A plane of black with a tangible soul-stream that connects Porta Inferni to the Sundering Gardens.  This circle is guarded by the soul known as the Pale Death - a being that takes the form of a beautiful little girl, the daughter that Dalanesca lost before she could truly know her.  This circle is where those who hold no spiritual connection find themselves, reliving a mundane life over and over again.

Dalanesca

Character Info
DUO - LIBIDINE
“TWO - LUST”

The lustful are beautiful in their own way - even in death.  Strong hues of red set this circle apart from all others.  The buildings crafted from sunstone and volcanic black salt are abundant, but all seem to be heavily damaged by the strong winds the gust through the circle.  The winds blow the souls of the damned back and forth so that they may never find rest or peace.  If the winds were to topple the buildings on top of one of the souls, they would forever be crushed, only to re-live the excruciating pain for all of eternity.  Those that find themselves here are the lustful and the adulterers.  This circle is guarded by numerous domineering succubi and incubi. 

Dalanesca

Character Info
TRIBUS - GULA
“THREE - GLUTTONY”

Gula, the third circle of Inferos, is a beautiful tavern.  The circle is stacked as high as one can see with delicious looking food and drink.  The souls damned to this place have committed the sins of gluttony, gorging themselves on life’s luxuries to the point of personal degradation.  They are forced to eat and drink until the point where they vomit - at which point they must start over again, or one of the five Cerberus guarding the circle will devour them, only for them to be reborn to live the cycle again.

Dalanesca

Character Info
QUOTTUOR - CUPIDITAS
“FOUR - GREED”

The circle of Cupiditas is more like a giant network of never ending mines filled with gold coins, gemstones, and other treasures. Those who have lived their lives with greed are sent here to push carts of treasures to the surface, only to watch as the things they love most are devoured by a river of lava in a giant vault, at which point they must descend and refill their cart once more. This circle is guarded by a large Sphinx, taken by the greed of knowledge.

Dalanesca

Character Info
QUINQUE - IRA
“FIVE - ANGER”

The fifth circle of Inferos, Quinque, is guarded by banshees who suck away every emotion but the anger one lived their life with.  It is a plane filled with fighting arenas, circles of vicious fights, and injuries that should give way to death but do not.  Injuries sustained here never heal, and the urge to fight never leaves.

Dalanesca

Character Info
SEX - HAERESIS
“SIX - HERESY”

Haeresis, the sixth circle in Inferos, is a world where rumors fly with the wind.  Those who, in life, wove nothing but lies and deceit, find themselves here.  The lies that they told fill the air for all to hear.  The people who find themselves here have either had their tongues ripped out of their mouths or their lips sewn shut so they cannot stop the screams of their lies.  The circle is filled with burning bushes of Bittersweet.  The land itself is made of red dirt and broken houses of crumbling cobblestone.  Guarded by the dark being known only as Zelus, he transforms into the person that you resented the most, the one you lied to the most.  He holds every single trinket, every item, every bit of knowledge that made you hate that person in the first place.

Dalanesca

Character Info
SEPTEM - IMPETU
“SEVEN - VIOLENCE”

This land is filled with rivers of lava that shoot fireballs high into the unending black sky.  The heat in this circle is almost unbearable, but one will find no comfort from any source of water you may find.  Those who find their way here by method of suicide are hung from trees where they are feasted upon by the guardian harpies that never stop stripping the regenerating flesh from their bones.

Dalanesca

Character Info
OCT - FRAUDULENTI
“EIGHT - FRAUD”

Fraudulenti is a desolate village filled with beds of nails and food with glass in it.  Everything that appears to be delicious is in fact rotten, and things that appear comfortable are made of things that hurt you.  Everything here is a lie.  Surrounding the village is nothing but a river of nails, shards of glass, and hot coal.  A plentiful village is on the other side, but you are never quite able to reach it.  This place is guarded by a single being known as the Judgment - a being that decides how you suffer based on the way one has been fraudulent in life.

Dalanesca

Character Info
NOVEM - CONTRITO
“NINE - RUIN”

The ninth circle of Inferos is home to those who were despicable in life - the ruiners of the innocent.  It is a world of tundras, a place that can never be warm.  Even if one found a way to create a fire, it would never be warm.  Body heat is sapped instantly as Frost Maidens, the guardians of the circle, come to steal it away with their powerful ice magic.