Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > The Dream Arena > [GO][R] Trial by Fire
Keira

Character Info
Name: Keira
Alignment: CG
Race: Lycan/Rosenite
Class: Scholar
Silver: 1187
“He does! I asked my aunt about him while we were preparing.” She tapped his arms lightly. “And all she said was that Hiro let Sapphire get impaled by a plant monster. Apparently, she protected him. Not that Aunt Angela sees it that way. Sapphire was 13 when that happened. Though Time death had an effect on her. They are probably the same age now. But I do see a point of keeping his talent around.”

Keira smiled a bit and laughed. “Well, I could think of a few things… like inviting Sapphire here later.” She chuckled a bit. Standing up Keira was ready to go by the time Hiro got there. She looked more serious than Torn ever could. 

When Torn did the jump she growled a bit. “God damn it he knows I hate heights. Fuck it.” She ran and jumped off the edge leaving Hiro there by himself. “Catch up to us kid or we’ll leave you behind.” When she fell from the sky she was quick to notice how agile Torn was. He caught her and held her bridal style. Staring at him for a few moments she smirked at what he had to say.

“I could always just try to take the alpha down and get new friends. I am the bigger wolf after all.” She put her hand on her hip and sighed lightly after Torn put her down. “Or we could kill them all and take their pelts.”

OOC: Brittlez
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Hiro found it touching that Torn and Keira were so close to each other.  He'd want a wife who loved him that much some time in the future.  "I've heard of people talking of Time Death, but I think I'm out of the loop from that.  I believe I was lost wandering the Rain Forest when that happened.  I had just arrived in these lands and didn't know my way."  Hiro laughed when she said Torn annoyed her until she agreed to be with him.  "Wow, really?  I don't think that'll work as a strategy for anyone though, I thought doing that would land someone with a kick to the nether regions or something."  Hiro then ran off to gather his belongings, all his fighting equipment and armor.  He was blissfully unaware that his companions were plotting to tease the hell out of him.

He arrived back, probably within the 5 minutes he was given, rushing his way back to Torn and Keira.  He was late and about to be left behind?  Something was nagging him in his mind.  They were giving him a hard time.  They weren't going to leave without him unless he took a long ass time getting here, right?  Maybe he could tease back a little.

"Sorry about that, Trulde asked me where I was going in such a hurry, I had to tell her I had to go on an adventure with you.  She asked if I could get back to her when I'm done and tell her and her friends how my adventure went.  She said something weird before I left the room though, I didn't really understand the phrase she used, since I'm not much of a scholar.  What does ménage à trois mean?  Is it a good thing?"  He kept a poker face while saying this.  Of course he knew what the phrase meant, and she didn't actually suggest that, but maybe Torn might believe him, or at least he would see Hiro does have a sense of humor.  "I've seen another wolf lycan or similar person before, they had troubles controlling themselves when they shifted.  Saw them rip a bunch of pirates apart, guts and all, and I was afraid they'd go after me afterwards, even though I was their ally,  Luckily they didn't.  She had ice magic too, though I didn't see her use it when shifted, maybe she couldn't.  Anyway, I'm ready to get moving."

Torn opened a portal down below them in the arena.  It was a huge drop, and Torn leaped straight into it, followed by his Valkyire  Hílðegùnn.  Keira followed shortly behind them.  He was worried that he would break his legs on the landing, since they were falling from such a great height.  Torn was an immortal God, the Valkyrie was immortal too and they had wings, and Keira was a lycan.  He was fully mortal, had magical powers, but if he broke his legs just STARTING his epic adventure, he'd be a failure of an adventurer and a hero.  Just to be sure, Hiro focused his magic through his body, particularly into his legs, so he could survive a fall if he needed to.  He need to be nimble, and his enhancing magic could do just that.  He dropped down into the void of the portal, into the unknown.

He came flying down out of the sky.  He braced himself for a landing, hitting gracefully, uninjured, thanks to his preparation.  He saw that Torn had caught Keira before she landed.  "Trying to break my legs or my neck before the adventure even begins?  You're a cruel man, Lord Torn."  Hiro looked and saw a literal ton of wolves approaching them.  It was an army of dozens of wolves.

"What the hell are so many wolves doing here?  I'm not a druid, hunter, ranger, or a . . . a wolfologist, but I don't think they travel in packs that large naturally."  He pulled his blade out from his sheath, holding it in one hand, using his other hand to channel magic through.  He brought up his hand in an upwards gesture, a large curtain of flame surrounded the party, creating a literal firewall between them and the army of wolves bearing down on them.  "Well, I don't think we have time to stick around slaying wolves all day individually, skinning them, and collecting the pelts.  Can you imagine Lord Torn trying to sell dozens of pelts to any trader?  If you want to try and kill their alpha, go ahead, but at least we got time now."  The flames were pretty good at keeping the wolves away from them.  They feared the flames.  No wolf or other animal in their right mind would charge through a firewall.