Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > The Blinded Scales > Scrubble is lost but Scrubble is never truly lost [Open]
Scrubble

Character Info
Name: Scrubble
Alignment: CN
Race: Goblin
Class: Grand Inquisitor of The Faith of Holy Paladins of The Most Holy Lord Scrubble Blessed is His Name
Silver: 413
Scrubble knew one thing when Scrubble set out that morning. That Scrubble had told Scrubble to find the realm called the sundering gardens. This was apparently a realm of some kind of deity, not as great as the holiest of deities Scrubble. However Scrubble did not know how to find this realm. So Scrubble went where people spoke of being transported to another realm, obviously this is where the sundering gardens must be. So Scrubble walked to Adeluna to find this place the statue stood alone, hmm nothing particularly garden like here. As Scrubble walked forward a root caught the most holy foot of Scrubble and Scrubble tripped into the statue.

Which caused Scrubble to be transported to what was obviously the sundering gardens. At least that's where this was as far as Scrubble was concerned. It appeared to be a city that was black on one half and white on the other half. Scrubble wondered why people called this place a garden, there didn't appear to be any plants. Well either way Scrubble had a pilgrimage to get on with and Scrubble wasn't gonna let little details like that get in the way. Scrubble decided to walk to the black half of the city, as the other half was hurting Scrubbles eyes. Scrubble broke out into a holy sprint to get to the gates of the city. The black walls staring down at Scrubble would've been intimidating if Scrubble was not guided by the most holy lord Scrubble.

After entering the city Scrubble noticed that it was noticeably lacking on people. Soon however people began showing up and they were all staring at Scrubble. No matter how many icey glares they shot at Scrubble Scrubble would not yield on this pilgrimage. However something brought Scrubble to a stop, it was a Goblin however this Goblin was shouting at Scrubble "Scrubble is a false god you're just a nut case"! Well that decided it, that goblin had signed its own death certificate Scrubble was going eviscerate that goblin. After drawing the holy blade of Scrubble and consecrating the weapon, Scrubble charged at the heretic goblin at full speed screeching the most holy battle cry of Scrubble "SCRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBLE"! 

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear simple and wrong.

Italics is god Scrubble, bold is paladin Scrubble.

For those wondering why Scrubbles name is said so much in these posts its because I refuse to refer to Scrubble as anything but Scrubble.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
As the Blinded Scales were crafted completely in the way Dalanesca wished her realm to be, she always knew of people and coming and going.  No alarms or sounds rang out through the halls of the Courthouse - but somehow, in her mind, Dalanesca was well aware of any travellers.  At the particular moment Scrubble mistakenly entered the Blinded Scales, Dalanesca sat in her library, enjoying a bit of warm mead and a slice of bread.  She felt the usual jolt in her mind as another traveller had entered the realm, and she could sense the typical confusion that most of them felt upon arrival.  

She could sense that the particular newcomer had chosen to travel the streets of Malum.  That choice did not seem to be the most popular - most travellers found Sanctus to be a bit more welcoming upon appearance.  Truth be told, neither realm was very safe - both were capable of devastating things.  Travellers in Malum always gave Dalanesca a bit of entertainment, so she abandoned her food and stood, heading west towards the Observatory.  It was here that she was able to see all happenings within the realm (Sanctus and Malum-wise).  Strangely, there only seemed to be one visitor today - a goblin, travelling through Malum.  

The realm was beginning to manifest around the goblin, and she could see that he was not handling it well.  She chose to transport herself to Malum, and watch the events unfold from a much closer viewpoint.  Appearing not far behind the goblin, she stood silently as the conjured goblin spoke to the real one - who seemed to be named Scrubble.  She allowed the scene to continue unfolding, until the goblin, Scrubble, ran forward to attack the conjured form before him.

With a wave of Dalanesca’s hand, the conjured goblin disappeared, and Scrubble was left attacking nothing.  Dalanesca spoke up from behind the creature, her voice calm and even.  “Not everything here is what it seems, you know,” she said, and waited for the goblin to acknowledge her before speaking any further.  She did not draw a weapon, but had a dagger sheathed within her sleeve if things became heated.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Scrubble

Character Info
Class: Grand Inquisitor of The Faith of Holy Paladins of The Most Holy Lord Scrubble Blessed is His Name
As Scrubble was about to land the first blow on this goblin, it disappeared. Such an act of cowardice this goblin obviously couldn't stand up to the might of Scrubble! Now however there was a woman standing behind Scrubble and talking to Scrubble. Upon hearing the woman's comments Scrubble shrugged "Everything is what it is, until it is not so says Scrubble". Scrubble now wondered if this woman was going to disappear like the goblin. "Are you what you seem" truly these were the strangest gardens Scrubble had ever seen. As Scrubble didn't know of any gardens with magic disappearing goblins, well actually there was one but Scrubble was banned from there for life.

Enough talking Scrubble needed to find the gardeny part of these gardens so Scrubble could finish the most holy pilgrimage of Scrubble. "Scrubble where must Scrubble go? Scrubble you must go west".  So Scrubble began walking towards what Scrubble thought was west. Though as it turns out Scrubble was actually going south. Scrubble was preparing to fight anyone else who badmouthed Scrubbles holy lord Scrubble. Scrubble by this point chose to ignore the woman who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere, as people who did that apparently liked to disappear. Which Scrubble thought was rude and cowardly, that goblin should have fought Scrubble like a man, no goblin, man goblin.

For those wondering why Scrubbles name is said so much in these posts its because I refuse to refer to Scrubble as anything but Scrubble.

Dalanesca

Character Info
She found the small creature to be quite interesting.  “I am what I seem,” she answered, crouching down a bit.  She eyed him with curiosity for a bit.  It seemed as though he was talking to himself, but he did not realize this was the case.  Being of kind heart, Dalanesca did not immediately say anything regarding this manner.  Whatever affliction it was that caused him to believe this was clearly not of his own doing.  “Are you Scrubble, then?” she asked.  “Or is Scrubble the… being that you are speaking with?” she asked.

When Scrubble spoke that he was going to head west, he took off in the direction of North. Dalanesca paused for a moment, and followed after him.  “Excuse me?” she said, catching up to him.  “You are not heading in the direction of west.  You are heading north.  West is this way,” she said, pointing in that direction.  “What is it you are trying to find?” she asked, wondering if she could be of assistance to the goblin in whatever journey it was that he was endeavoring to attempt.

It was not the first time that someone who seemed afflicted with something appeared in her realm, but this creature seemed far from violent.  “I can help you find it, if you’d like?” she asked.  She had nothing pressing to attend to that day, and could use the distraction - besides, this Scrubble - if that was his name - seemed like he could use some help for the time being.

Scrubble

Character Info
The woman who had appeared near Scrubble had knelt down to talk with Scrubble. She was asking about Scrubble "Scrubble is Scrubble but Scrubble is also Scrubble. Scrubble speaks with Scrubble when Scrubble requires guidance". Speaking of guidance Scrubble still had to go west. Scrubble did not get very far though as the strange woman who talked to Scrubble informed Scrubble that Scrubble was going north not west. Scrubble stopped moving and took a quick look around, as if Scrubble were able to find just one thing Scrubble could get a bearing on which direction was which.

After looking around for a solid minute Scrubble shrugged and said "Truly this is a strange realm, Scrubble must be cautious"! Scrubble now knowing where west was began travelling in that direction. The woman was asking another question her queries into Scrubble were truly endless. "Scrubble is looking for the sundering gardens, though Scrubble thought Scrubble was already in the realm there are no plants. So the garden must be somewhere else". With Scrubbles wrongs righted Scrubble continued this holy quest to go west and find the gardens.

Hmm this woman wanted to help Scrubble find the gardens interesting "Yes you can help Scrubble in Scrubbles most holy quest! Onward holy party of Scrubble to the gardens"! Scrubble began pointing the tip of Scrubbles sword forward and began marching west trying to find this garden or something similar to a garden.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca looked at Scrubble for a moment, her expression showing her bewilderment at his statement.  Eventually, she realized that Scrubble would only refer to himself in the third person - but he also seemed to be referring to another entity named Scrubble that she could not see.  She was glad that he seemed to understand what she spoke of when she informed him that he was not heading in the direction he thought he was, and he seemed to take pause in an attempt to figure out where he needed to actually go. 

She did not disagree with Scrubble when he mentioned that the Blinded Scales - though he did not refer to them as such - were a strange realm.  She nearly chuckled, for the goblin had no idea just how strange of a realm the place truly could be.  He had hardly experienced what her realm was capable of - but she was not about to force him to experience such. 

When Scrubble mentioned the Sundering Gardens, Dalanesca piped up immediately.  “You’re looking for the Sundering Gardens?” she asked, realizing now why he must have thought the Scales were so confusing.  They were a completely different thing than the Sundering Gardens.  “You are looking to visit the Mother, then?” she questioned, following after him as he finally found what direction was west - though west in the Blinded Scales went somewhere other than west in the mortal realm of Revaliir.

“I would be happy to help you, Scrubble,” she said.  “But may I ask what you need to accomplish on this holy quest you must partake?  I must be certain that I can be an asset to you and not a hindrance,” she said, though she knew that she would be helpful given her divine nature - she was just trying to get more information out of Scrubble before they went any further.