Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > Arania > Skitters [open]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
Crouching in the hallway, Moliira held her hand out for a moment, feeling the strange sensation of the ghostly spiders crawling over her skin.  Even here, the arachnids seemed to recognize her as a matriarch of the drow, even if the massive construct did not.  But she suspected its form was merely incidental, and its origin was probably a clue.  If she could figure out just what that origin was.  But there was a chance that even she couldn't figure it out. 

Standing so that she could further explore the manner, Moliira was amused to see one of the spiders remained on her hand while the others scattered to the corners.  It nestled in the palm of her upturned hand, and she wasn't in a hurry to disturb the little creature.  The drow continued, heading towards the bluish glow.  The stairs were curious, and she had noted several places where the floor seemed to be rotten.  But careful testing told her that she would not fall through. 

Now she stood under a chandelier, seeing how it stayed lit, but wondering why it was there.  This whole manor was a question, and Moliira wanted to have a look around.  But caution kept her from rushing down the halls, knowing that she could be hurt here.  And that was the last thing Moliira felt like dealing with just at the moment.  Turning, there was something that kept moving, just out of her sight.  And it was quite infuriating.  "Alright then, where should we go, my little friend?  You know this place better than I," she said with a laugh, addressing the spider still in her palm. 

There was a smell of salt from one direction, and another of plants, and Moliira turned towards the second.  But a sound like footsteps made the drow pause.  "If you're a ghost, I won't hurt you.  If not, I just might," she called out.  Hopefully, it was someone friendly…

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
“That was… interesting,” Dalanesca muttered to herself, emerging from a doorway she had only found moments before.  Her clothing was damp with the remnants of saliva of some strange, sentient plant that had been guarding the doorway that led her to the room she had just emerged from.  She was still a bit unsure as to what she had just experienced, but she resigned herself to the fact that she would most certainly not be going back where she just came from.

Before she had found the room with what appeared to be a man-eating plant, she had stumbled into a hallway - that had not gone well.  At first, it had seemed like just a dimly lit hallway with no end in sight, but as she walked on she realized the floor hadn’t been as uneven as she had thought, but rather that the floor was scattered with severed limbs in various states of decay.  The moaning of the undead soon filled the hallway, and both ends appeared to have a door - but the undead were threatening to break both down.  However, when she grabbed a nearby piece of metal off the ground and prepared to swing, the sounds had died down and the closest door had swung open, allowing her back out into the main halls of the golem.

As she walked away from the plant area, she could hear a voice softly echoing in the halls, and it sounded oddly familiar.  It was mildly disconcerting, as she hadn’t come across anyone just yet in her travels of the strange structure that she had found herself in - but she found some comfort in the familiarity that wafted from it.  She decided to head towards the voice, crossing her fingers that she would not regret her decision.  She was a deity, and a member of Triune, but that did not mean whatever mystical force was powering the golem could not dole out some unknown amount of damage to her regardless of that fact.

She turned a corner, drawing a blade from her waist in case it was a foe and not a friend waiting around the turn, but she lowered her weapon from its defensive point as she saw Moliira, a wave of relief cascading over her.  “Moliira,” she said with a grin, sheathing her weapon.  “Fancy seeing you here,” she said.  She cocked an eyebrow as she caught sight of the ghostly spiders that surrounded the drow, including that which she held in her palm.  “Find a new friend?” she asked.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
She was quite glad to see her friend, Moliira had few of them enough in the first place.  And Dalanesca was formidable in her own right.  Working together, they could hopefully unravel some of the mysteries of the strange construct.  "It is good to see you as well.  And I did… it comes with the territory of being a deity to the drow, I suppose," she said with a chuckle.  Moliira gently stroked the little spider with a finger, and glanced down the hallway.  "They are quite interesting creatures, and rather misunderstood.  I wonder if humans would kill as many of them if they realized the good done by spiders.  Probably not though, too many negative connotations.  Including being associated with my people," Moliira said, a sad note in her voice.  As a guardian of the wild places, misunderstood creatures often fell into her domain.

Here eyes drifted again to the chandelier overhead, then down the eerie halls.  "I have only just arrived, but I take it going where you came from is a bad idea?" Moliira asked, indicating the strange wetness of her friend's clothing.  It didn't smell like water, more like plant ichor.  The smell of salt was more appealing, but she had a feeling that it might be a bad idea.  Perhaps every door in this place was a trap.  It wouldn't be terribly surprising.

Pointing upward for a moment, she added "It would have been nice to see this place before all the cobwebs.  Human built, I think.  That chandelier looks Wyllmochvarian, but the rest of this place looks different".  The building style seemed familiar, but the details were odd to her.  Perhaps it had been built longer ago than she realized, but they would only get answers having a look around.  "Want me to pick a direction?" she asked after a moment.  It would be better than standing around.