CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Now you've all had a chance to see the lunacy and irresponsibility that is Skadi by this point in her Revaliir story, so you may be surprised to find out that Skadi's actually married. Not only that, but she's married to a woman that scares the living daylights out of her. Elysia is the unlucky bride's name, and Skadi was less than thrilled when the other Mrs. Night showed up on her temple's doorstep in the middle of a night of debauchery. You see Ellie – as her nickname goes – normally keeps a tight leash on Skadi. She doesn't dislike debauchery, and actually requires Skadi to share with her when it occurs. However, there are certain rules about their relationship, and Skadi had broken the two most important tenets of their contract during her unsupervised stay in Revaliir.

Having had children with other women as well as several extra-marital affairs without her wife's permission, Skadi was now in the dog house: where dog house is defined as stuck in a magical chastity belt. The succubus that was her wife possessed that power over her, and the woman exercised it with merciless intent. Skadi was to be punished for her transgressions, but Ellie, like always, had an offer of escape on the table for her desperate wife.

'That belt will remain on your body until you do what you were supposed to have already done, love,' her offer went, 'or it would have had you not broken rules 1 and 2 of our marital agreement. Now I have additional stipulations for after you rescue Saya and Meyne. Number 1, you are to rescue Anastasia who has wandered into the walking behemoth that now strides the world in secret. Number 2, you are to destroy Arania once all your missions in there are complete. And finally, number 3, you are to marry all the women you impregnated with the exception of Katerina Silverstein. I'll be borrowing your harem until then, so don't think about coming back till you've done as I asked.'

The marriages would have to wait till much later, but the gauntlet was definitely thrown in the mean time. Lady Luck, being the sex addict that she was, actually skipped out on a Conclave meeting in order to fulfill Ellie's commands. She ventured down into the heart of her realm with Levi, searching for the souls she had come to Revaliir to collect months prior. This was before the people of the world even became aware of Arania's existence, and that was perhaps why Angela was confused when Skadi ignored her initial call to Conclave.

Admittedly, I too disliked Angela when serving alongside her, but Skadi's motivations for doing the same were far less thought out than my own. The Goddess was simply irritable from withdrawal when her tentative colleague kept phoning her, and her annoyance merely got worse while she was trying to collect those two souls in the depths of a place as pitch black as the Abyssal Trench. Eventually, Angela's calling distracted Skadi enough to where she accidentally knocked her objective into the mouth of the largest leviathan on the planet: a behemoth known only as Lucina.

"Fuck off! I'm busy," Skadi finally shouted back at Angela after that screw up of the millennium had occurred! All her hard work and careful maneuvering up until that point had been for naught, and now the souls were in the gullet of a creature so massive as to give even the Joker herself pause. She needed help, though spent the next half hour or so pretending otherwise. After a litany of curse words thrown out into her cabin, a blind chase through the darkness, and a brief conversation with me, however, Skadi finally admitted to her failings and buckled down.

Or at least that's what I'd like to say. That woman can't even be responsible for pond scum, let alone the souls of her eternal brethren. Rather than calm herself down and politely ask for help like I would in her situation, she strolled right into the Conclave as if she hadn't just told one of the senior members to go plough herself, grabbed one Naota Uharu from his throne by his collar, and then dragged him through a portal without a single word to the onlookers. She only left a crudely drawn card in his place that read, 'I need to borrow Mr. Flashlight real quick,' and then sped off in a dust cloud before anyone could react.

She sat Naota down on a chair across from her in Levi's rather fancy bridge afterward, then started talking to him rather awkwardly while situated against the black background of the trench.

"Angela was right about one thing, Naota," she began with uncharacteristically rich prose. "I won't be lasting long as a deity. She's too arrogant, however, to see that that's by choice. The Triune believes they are the ultimate authority in all existence, just the same as all, other, uneducated deities in isolated universes. I'm not part of- their-" And it was at this point that Skadi revealed she was actually reading from a scrap of paper I had given her. She had been sitting while facing the back of her chair so she could hide the note while still reading to Naota, but had put my parchment too close to her face during the course of reading it. She looked like she was about to throw a fit once she reached the end of the first paragraph, only to grumble in fury mere seconds later. She hurriedly scrunched up the paper into a ball, and then tossed it to the other side of the room in a fit of anger before reverting to her normal method of speaking. "Ugh, screw this," she shouted! "How does Natsumi even talk like that?!" With lots of skill, Skadi: skill you always seem to lack when it comes to any of life's higher pursuits. At any rate, the hopeless pleb…. I'm sorry, what? Ugh, do I have to? Fine…. At any rate, the 'magnificent bastard' continued her tirade, moving into a gruff summary of what I had already instructed her to say. "Look, I'm in the middle of packing my bags to leave, but, like the procrastinator I am, I took too long to do what I was supposed to. Now the mess is too big for me to clean up on my own, and I need help from someone else who stands a chance at not dying. Natsumi said you'd be good for a suicide mission, so I'm drafting you to help me find the fucking leviathan that ate the souls which Angela's fucking deity call caused me to accidentally bump into the darkness of an angry, ancient leviathan. Capiche?!"

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
All in all his first meeting with conclave had gone well.  There had been a hiccup or two at the beginning, but keeping himself close to the wallpaper so to speak, had calmed him.  It was more interesting to watch the others talk amongst themselves about things that mere months ago would have been too big for him to comprehend.  As horrible as it sounded, he wanted to help where he could but at the same time wanted to keep some time to himself.  His adjustment wasn’t going as smoothly as Torn’s, and isolation was one of the few times he felt secure.  Though, that isolation was within his newly crafted home where people were always welcome, so perhaps isolation wasn’t the right word.  Control.  That fit better: an environment in which he controlled every aspect.  A safe place for him and his soon to be lady.

In time his eyes had drifted down to his throne, still marveling over how it had changed just from him approaching it.  Had he done it on purpose?  Did it reflect him?  It was transparent in some ways so he wasn’t sure if he would have liked that aspect if it was a basis off of him.  All in all he liked it and wished he could have taken it with him to his temple, but he knew nothing would replace the black tourmaline throne.  Realizing that he should probably pay less attention to his fingernails and more to the goings on of the realm, he looked up into the faces of his conclave brethren. 

All of them had been kind, welcoming, but Torn was still the only one he felt any comradery towards.  Which tickled him seeing as others seemed to be on the opposite side of the spectrum with that fellow.  Angela was an ally, but was unpredictable in her moods and emotions, and it felt strange being only one level under her now rather than the thousands he’d been before.  Would that make things harder, more complicated?  At times he thought them more than allies, but then remembered the cut her words could have and the sting of a mother’s fury.

Suddenly a new woman appeared and his lips parted at the sight of her.  Only one other person could have entered so freely, but he’d thought that she wasn’t coming to this meeting.  That’s what the others had said at least.  This was the first time he would have met her, but before he could even smile in greeting, she was gripping him and pulling him out of his chair.  His collar dug into his neck and he moved with her pull, eyes wide and face flaring as he was dragged out and through a portal, “H-Hey-!”  But it sealed behind them, leaving the sunny fields and gentle shadows of the great tree’s branches.

He was sat down, eyes still wide and tinged with light irritation if only because he had no idea what was going on.  This would be bad later wouldn’t it?  His eyebrows furrowed with a confused face as he listened to her, but the words didn’t seem right in her mouth even without being able to see her reading from a parchment that was soon discarded.  And then he heard it, her name, and all worries of being pulled from the conclave were gone.  His heart jolted faster, she had been the only other soul he’d come across who could remember Natsumi.  She knew Natsumi and that was more than enough to keep his attention though it was hard for him to concentrate on anything she was saying since his focus had been stolen.

His lips parted, glowing eyes flashing brighter along with the white markings on his skin as he looked up at her from his seated spot, “Capiche.” While he wasn’t entirely sure what the word meant, he could gather the gist of it,

“If Natsumi offered my help then I’ll gladly give it.”  Which was true, she was one of the few that he’d blindly do a favor for, it was the least he could do for his friend.  More important than that though, she was alive and well.  He hoped, he felt.

“Who’s gone lost?  I can’t say I’m very learned when it comes to missions in the water, but then,”  The corner of his lips turned up in a sheepish smile as he nodded towards her, pushing up to stand, “I guess you’d be the best partner, eh?”  But then, that begged the question: “Who did you lose?”

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]