Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > Ad'oealyn, Cavern of Resistance > The Naked Truth [GO,R]
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
The allure of the cave songs danced about in his head, the melody of the singers drew him in like tiny insects to the bonfire. Oh how it was so sweet, caressing the listener's ears and seduced her mind. Nemesis wasn't completely fooled by them, having heard the wild tales of similar circumstances luring sailors and ships to their doom. It was one of the things of value that he learned from the more filthy taverns that his father frequently visited back on Egjora; many a times back in his youth, he would find him in a stupor and pull him away from the booze and muck and assist him back home. Usually after suffering a punch to the face and some kicking. Such pleasant thoughts. The darkness suited him despite some stumbling around, making sure that he didn't trip or fall into an oncoming hole, but the light from the end of the tunnel was almost enough to make him jump right out of his skin and make a sound similar to a hiss. Though he could claim no vampiricy, he detested such surprises all the same.

The next surprise however, was something even he wasn't expecting- a golden haired woman sat alone within the pouring light, a flowing white gown draped over her body and eyes that shined a similar color to his own softly opened. “Nemesis…surrender yourself…”, she called to him in a voice so heavenly that it drew his mind into a blank. His movement ceased and couldn't do little more than to watch on with a gasping mouth as she stood and came towards him. Her slender fingers strummed against his chest, lightly digging into his shirt. “Surrender yourself to me, surrender completely.” His eyes grew wide, his voice lost to the experience he was having now as she drew herself up on her tiptoes and proceeded to give him a kiss. Upon the contact of their lips, her form faded away, leaving him in the cold alone.

Moments later, as if a spell had frozen him in place and was now broken, he found himself able to move and speak again. [“Such is life”, he spoke grimly then housed a smile across his face, “I have and will, my lady. Everything you want, I shall hand it to you.” His feet started to move him through to the end, or what had seemed like so before the fork was encountered. Amber eyes shifted from the left to the right, pondering which route should be taken. It was a problem for sometime before he decided upon the left and the man hadn't gotten far before he was warned of the unorthodox requirement that needed to be fulfilled. Aside from his mind, there laid no weapons upon him and the clothing was merely tattered and poorly kept, so there was no qualms on Nemesis' part as he shed them off his body and became bare to the world. Once his things were tossed into the holding chest, he continued onward as his mind thought about the mysterious woman that haunted his dreams. Who was she and how did she know of him? She obviously had plans for him, spoken cryptically to him for weeks on end, but he knew nothing of her. By the time he actually became aware of his surroundings, he could feel the cold water he had navigated through, along with statues of what seemed to reflect his sisters, mother and father. Each of them festered a disgust in him more than the last. There was no love loss among any of them, especially of his parents. The girls, if anything, he had once felt jealousy and envy towards since they were picked to go and have a more favorable life than he had. His traitorous mother abandoned and let him to rot under the rule of the man she had once swore her life to. And as far as the father was concerned, Nemesis hoped that one day he would find an end in one of those taverns he loved so much so he would be known as the poor drunk that perished beneath a bottle and vomit. The anger in his eyes soon shifted to amusement, knowing that such a fate was very much possible for that fool and continued to wade in the water. Although there were robes offered towards the very end, he declined the gesture. After all, the goddess here had clearly had some motive for having her guests bare it all out, then he would oblige and merely offer her what she had preferred. Truth itself was bare and open and so should he be; there was nothing to hide at all. Arriving at the foot of the temple, he fell onto a knee and waited patiently. The area was flourishing and gorgeous, something he had expected based on the titles spread throughout the land. “My lady, I am Nemesis, a humble visitor on your grounds. One that thirst to learn of you and for what you stand for. The gods have always been in interest of mine, I'll admit.” Though his words were true, his intent was more so questionable as he attempted to summon the goddess from deep within her home.

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
The feeling of someone entering her realm always left butterflies in her stomach. Rhea was unsure if it was because of the feeling itself or the idea of someone seeking her out. Unlike the trouble that it took for others to reach her temple, it was easy for the Goddess to return to her realm. In the middle of the busy streets, with one blink she vanished and the world went on around her empty spot. The moment her body would take structure in her realm, the clothing and styles that adorned her body would be replaced by what made her the most comfortable. The thin fabric of the robe laid loosely over her body tied with a loose tie. Normally, she wore one of her dresses but there was no time to care and so the robe would do.

"Greeting, Sir Nemesis." The goddess's voice came out smooth and soft, but echoed out through the chamber. "Mortals have always been an interest of mine, so we both receive something from this." There was a soft giggle that escaped her lips as she ran her fingers through her smooth curls, pulling the long length of hair over her shoulder. With each step towards him, her robe would pull back to reveal her long legs. She was not tall like most of the woman in her life, resting about almost half way past five foot, but she felt that made her perfect to fit in the arms of most men. You did not need to be tall to bring the world to your feet.

Soft green irises watched the nude man with interest and it was clear she was enjoying the view with her curling smile. She loved the beauty of flesh and the sex of the body did not matter. "Now, my handsome guest, what do you wish to learn of me. Should I be ashamed of what rumors may rest on the world above us? Or do you crave something you may not have?" There remained a curious spark to her gave as she perched herself on her throne. There was much that she already could feel about him, but she would remain silent and let him come to her. He had already traveled so far to meet her. It was the least she could do for him.

"Do you wish to speak here?" She questioned, her head tilting towards one side,"Or would you wish to go some where more privately for the answers you seek? I have many rooms we may go to for this room is known for its listening ears." It was difficult to tell what the young woman was actually thinking as she continued her curious smile. Was she teasing him or offering him privacy to speak his mind? She had inherited the distance smile and twisted mask of her father. Not many knew what went on in that mind of her's.

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Nemesis remained in his spot, mentally counting the seconds before the Goddess finally showed. The wait wasn’t terribly long and once he heard the angelic sounding voice, he knew that she would not disappoint. It was rather easy to see why the population would be captivated by this certain goddess as she strolled towards him; she was exceptionally beautiful and would likely have masses of suitors tripping over themselves just to gain even a shred of recognition from her.

Like a viper, Nemesis kept his body still and eyed her carefully for he was in her domain and one misstep from him could prove to be quite the mistake. “I can’t begin to fathom what could be interesting about my mortal kin, my lady.” His gaze lowered and caught the sight of her lovely legs barely contained by the simple robe and smirked devilishly. Perhaps he too would have been caught in her allure, more so than he had originally intended. “However, I don’t not mind quenching your thirst for any information. All you’d need to do is ask whatever you desire.”

It was plain to see from her breif reaction towards his form that he had made the wise choice of choosing the least path of resistance, but soon she went straight to the point of his visit. It suited the man  just fine, as much as he thrived in their little banter. Nemesis rose from his spot and gazed upward, almost as if he was gathering his thoughts. “If anything, such rumors do not do you justice. They pale in comparison to what rules this domain and stands right here before me. Of course, how much can mere words do to describe you, Goddess?” His words with weaved together like silk, flowing from his lips with ease. As for what I wish to gain.” His eyes narrowed as they once again studied her form as she moved to sit upon her throne. The smile crept up more across his face as he took a few steps forward. “I merely wish to learn of the woman that rules these parts. I don’t care for tall tales or rumors, I’d prefer to get them straight from the source. That is what I desire.” For the time being. He didn’t exactly know what else she was going with this;  Rhea was a hard person to read and that of itself provided him with a challenge. Fortunately the man was not known to pass one up, it was something he figured he would enjoy very much. “Although I have nothing to hide”, he stated, a soft chuckle slipped towards the irony on the situation, “privacy does sounds like a fantastic idea. But only if you are comfortable with it as well, my lady.”

God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Rhea

Character Info
Nemesis's retorts were quick and it was hard to not hear the venom that almost dripped from them. He was a man that skilled with his words. His features drew into a look at that she knew so well in this world, only solidifying the feeling when a devilish smile crossed his lips. Her fingers tapped delicately against the smooth arm rests of her stone throne. Her head had tilted ever so slightly when he spoke about quenching her thirst. Yes, he was exactly who she thought he was, though she would not answer him just yet. She was quite enjoying their banter but she knew well that many would not fully give themselves to her with the ears of the temple staff on them. There were not many that remained in the temple to keep it from falling but there always someone in the shadows.

"I am pleased that the rumors do nothing to show the woman that I am." Her lips grew in a sly smile as she leaned forward in her throne as she spoke. "There is a lot that I would still love to know about that world, so yes, quench my thirst. We have a deal, a question for a question." Finally, she rose from her seat against to walk towards him. The game would not end just yet. He was one that seemed to thrive on the banter of cat and mouse. He stunk of a man full of the desire of the challenge to get past her shell, so she was merely curious what he would do to get it.

"Do not lie to me, it makes your words so dirty." Rhea features did not show any anger but more amusement at the situation, but there was a chill to her words. "Everyone has something to hide, what it may be varies, however it is what lets us survive. Our own mortal sins bring us strength as well as knowledge. Now, my lovely guest. Let us find somewhere more private. There is many roams that branch through the temple. I would not suggest the library if you wish to read something, though, for I am not much for reading. I learn from experience. We have many private rooms, a few kitchens, and I know we are known for our hot springs."

She stood in front of him before she finally stopped. She grew silently after her options, waiting for his response. Her hands rested idly folded in front of her. The closer to her it was easier to tell how thin of fabric that the robe was. It was enough to cover her but it only barely kept her concealed from the eyes of others. She did not even mind not wearing the robe and even though about just removing it when he was so daring to come to this far bare. It only made her enjoy him more for a few obvious reasons. A man that was comfortable in his skin was one that could be held high in her grace.

"I shall let you decide on where, Sir Nemesis."

My Active Threads
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
He wielded his words to try and coax the goddess; most people seemed to be more capable of going along with requests when they were stroke the right way. Rhea appeared to be drawn in, whether it was by his charm or her own interests, it mattered not to Nemesis. What did matter was that she would entertain his whim for hers would be sated as well. A gleam came from his eyes the moment he heard about the deal, of the exchangement of questions between both parties. He was not one known to weave stories and speak of false truths; there was no point in taking part in such deception. In a former life it had been required of him to indulge in such to survive, but there rules in this realm were much more different. If she wanted the truth about the mortals that she and the other gods ruled under, then so be it.

“My dearest goddess, there’s no point in me lying. I do not possess a serpent’s tongue. I only speak the truth”, he replied before bowing his head. “I have no doubt that you would be kind enough to exchange the same formality to me as well. It would make their little game quite unsavory, at least to her guest. He took to liking her words the more sprung out from her lips; in some regards they did share some beliefs in regard to how people believed and felt about certain aspects. It was only fitting to him that she was like the alluring singers from early on in his journey here. It placed him into further ease about being in this place, as would this challenge. They own little challenge, away from the prying eyes and open ears of others. Lovely, debauchery thoughts seeped from his mind at just the thought of the play, but Nemesis had to still keep enough focus as he watched her descend from her throne. Each step from her made him hunger for the game more, to pick the mind of the deity to his delight. Of course, he had that very risk over his own head as well, but some causalities were to be had in exchange for the rewards.

Her reaction towards his close presence was not something that he had been used to in some time. Many kept away from him, feeling a sort of eerie and malicious sensation radiating from him. But it didn’t deter her, as far as he knew. Weighing the options, Nemesis considered that “I suppose the hot springs will best suit our game. After all, I would want my host to be as comfortable as possible.” Glancing upon her fragile robe, he considered that if one was to mere blow at it, it would be whipped away from her body with ease. Or if he was to help slip it right off her. Nemesis didn’t voice it, at least not verbally out loud and slipped both hands behind him. “After you, dear goddess” The moment they had arrived to their destination, he was quick to start the game. “Seeing how this is your domain, it’s only fair to let you have the first question. Ask away”, he spoke with the corner of his lip curling up.

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Rhea

Character Info
Truth. His response made her ears burn with curiosity. She felt no dishonesty in his words, but something heartfelt. She could almost feel the pride and care to them. By appearance, he looked like a man that would be as dishonest as the rest but he seemed to live in the idea that lying was useless. The thought was true, lying was pretty much useless in normal conversations but Rhea some could say she was quite the liar, however there were times she forgot to mention everything.

Since Rhea's instincts started out incorrect, she was quick to look at him more clearly. He had something to him that he was trying to hide from her. It would not be lying to hide anything behind a shell but it just made her more curious to find out what made him tick. Her fingers traced the opening of her robe as she tilted her head at him curiously.

"Oh, kind sir, I would be comfortable anywhere with the present of a handsome quest. I do much better around the physical body of a person than by myself. But yes, follow me!" She responded softly to him but her hands quickly gestured forward as she began to lead him towards were the hot springs led. She had one in mind that would be perfect for their need for silence and solitude. It was further from the normal ones and mainly was used for the Goddess's own rest. The clergy and servants knew better than to interrupt her when she closed those doors.

She lead him back out into the main cavern. There were a few people wandering from place to place, but at the sight of the Goddess with a guest they became hushed and took another path towards their destination. They knew well to leave space for the guests of the temple, especially if they were currently conversing with Rhea. "As you probably have been able to tell, I have a soft spot for water." A soft giggle escaped her lips as she let her gaze dance over the lake full of colorful fish. They had colors you would never see in the above world. The cavern was magical and protected her temple from the taint that destroyed so much. There was a purity that could not be found outside of the presence of another temple.

"What is your soft spot? I can feel your desire for someone or something. Hmm, no no, someone." Her eyes glanced towards him as if taking him in once more before turning back and leading him again. She stopped with her train of words until they had reached the carved hall towards the hot springs. "I see something, a woman with locks of gold. There is a strong desire to be with her, is there not? However, I can almost feel your fear over it."

My Active Threads
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Secrets and hushed whispers didn’t appeal to Nemesis; he was the sort of creature that needed not to lie to get what he wanted, unlike most people. He found it plainly simple to do whatever he needed to face to face, not to keep things hidden away or hide a dagger behind one’s back. The more he thought about it, the more he could feel his chest swelling with pride at being better than most at that regard. Nay, he could feel himself prideful of being better than them all in general. Immediately he felt something was off; such an emotion was something very foreign to him, yet it felt right to him. The more it came off him, the more he liked it and as he looked to Rhea, something else was stirred inside him. Temptation had already begun to rear its head earlier for him, but now it felt like a full blown attraction as he watched her, his once calm eyes grew with a new found hunger. The once entertaining idea of removing the robe from that gorgeous body of hers now now seemed more alluring and was getting harder to ignore. Just like before, he was unsure as to what was coming over him but the agony of wondering about it didn’t last for too long. “But of course”, he said, his tone filled with mirth as he trailed behind his gracious host.

Had she afflicted him in some sort of way? Perhaps that was the case, this was her playing field and he knew not what she could do here. As he followed, Nemesis could feel a deep wanting for her stead as they passed by her people and lead them further into the cavern. He wanted to see what it was like to hold such command, such power that had been denied to him. It wasn’t fair, how could he not have all this and others could? It forced him to relive his youth, growing up on the filthy streets while others were allowed to live like kings and queens on their high pedestals. His jaw clenched tightly and started to grind his teeth softly. He wanted it and he wanted it all; as much power and control as he could possibly again. No, he wanted much more than that, he wanted to devour every since morsel as possible and then some. Despite all this, he kept a relatively calm demeanor and even smiled upon the Goddess when he was addressed. “You seem to have quite the connection, no? Even that I am not of the mainlands myself, I suppose I can relate with you on some level.”

But the peace only lasted for so long after the subject of his own desiring came out. His demeanor was shattered and for a while, a blank stare was thrown at her. He felt his body unable to respond appropriately to the situation. The pit in his stomach churned as if she had just thrust a dagger into it and was softly twisting it over and over again. His throat was dry and was  rendered speechless as the faint memories of the woman from his memories flashed before his eyes. Somehow he was able to keep on walking with her just as they reached the springs, but the feeling still resided in the man and he could feel his insides being lit by a fire she started. The more it burned in him, the angrier he became. She had rattled a cage that should have been unchecked, and though he felt his body quivering from the rage. Nemesis slowly withdrew it back into him once he remembered that this was all just apart of the game. Within seconds, the feeling left him and was replaced with a sense of wanting to win this contest. “In another life, I was different. A different person in a different realm, not too unlike this one. In such a life, there was one woman that I loved, an angel wearing a monster’s mask. She was my everything and in the end, she fell from her grace and could no longer go on…I know that she exist no longer, but her words and desires still cling to my mind.” She was the one that wanted him to bring this world into the truth and forge a new age. He might have been just a man, but he would honor such wishes from one as high as she was.

Yet…at the same time, was he not better than her? He had survived and made the journey that she could not. Was she the one that lead for him to be a shepherd to the sheep, or was she just one of the beast herself this entire time? He was a whirlwind of all these strange feelings and judgments, unsure as to what caused for this or the reason for it. Rhea didn’t seem to be the sort that would underhanded, and any thoughts of such previously were washed away from his mind now. Coming close to the warm waters, he dipped a finger in and then swirled it around a bit. “Have you ever fallen prey to such a yearning, my lady?”, he asked once he turned his head enough to see her, the hunger for flesh renewed in his eyes. “Have you once been a victim to your own powers before? If not, I suppose that it is hard to think of falling for someone, at least one that not in your league.”  

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Rhea

Character Info
There was little that this mortal could hide from the Goddess, after all she did not get her title for nothing. The hunger that dripped from him was enough to drive herself mad. It was almost like a cure to be able to see so deeply into someone’s emotions and desires. She could not be sure exactly what he was thinking in that head of his but she was intoxicated by ideas that danced through her mind. Her eyes continued to trail back at him curiously as he spoke calmly to her. He knew how to hold his own very well.

He commented about her connections, but she found herself remaining silent as he brought answer the rest of her words. She could feel the hint of anger to his words but they were quickly replaced with the same teasing. Did she hit a nerve? She never really knew exactly what others found unruly to talk about. She had never been taught how to judge on what was bad to bring up from her own abilities. There were probably many times that she would have done better keeping her lips sealed tight. There was still a lot for her to learn about the world outside of her little cave.

“There is not one in this world that could escape the claws of desire, even I have.” There was a glimmer of sadness in her gaze as the hazel color of her eyes shifted in hue towards a rich blue. ” My powers are toxic. I look at someone and their desire may hit me like bolder, depending on their current feeling. You could even say, I can feel what measure someone loves someone else. Finding love, when your soul knows how much they really care for you, is almost impossible.” There was a soft chuckle that escaped her lips after that.

”However, that being said. It is a blessing.” Her voice came out in a soft purr as she reached to rest her hand softly against his arm. ” You have no idea how intoxicating the feeling of lust can be on your senses. I have no need to be alcohol in this position. It could never measure to that desire.” Her lips curled into a dark smile before it drifted back almost simultaneously into the polite, ghost smile she normally wore.

She wanted to bring up again about his comment about her connections. It was something she really loathed about her position. She knew very little about the outside world around her. She had always been kept very well sheltered being the daughter of two Gods as well as the niece to another. Compared to them, as well as this guest of hers, she was still very young but this being a deity made it impossible to remain young forever. She could live for eternity, however her soul heavily aged when the Voice spoke to her.

But, we’re here.” Rhea whispered out, bold hazel eyes watching him curiously. She was enjoying this game, even if there were moment of seriousness. The path had lead them down only a short distance from the entrance. Behind her, the door towards the hot spring lay open waiting for their arrival. It only helped to show how much the servants of the temple listened in on the words of the Goddess. The door opened up to a cave with the large hot spring resting in the center. The steam was thick in the room but it was still held enough visibility.

My Active Threads