Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > Shinjitsu no Kagi > Rules and Additional Notes
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
General Rules

1. All normal rules of Revaliir apply.

2. Read the descriptions carefully, and always write posts in their context. I put a lot of effort into these descriptions for a reason, so I expect people to follow the guidelines in them.

3. Unless I have given you permission via PM or you are a deity, please do not show up at Himitsu no Koa without first going through the trials.

4. No defacing the temple, please. That's my job.

5. Always PM me if you want clarification on services, the description, or anything related to the realm or the Goddess herself. This will include clergy positions, of course, so PMing is your friend for all concerns.

6. No stealing. You won't be punished for stealing so much as prevented from doing it. Natsumi's realm will literally prevent you from leaving with contraband or, in some cases, even grabbing things you shouldn't be touching in the first place. Unless it's a personal effect of the Goddess herself, the first consequence is the most likely to occur. If you steal an item in this category, all portals you make and all doors you try to open will "bop" you in the forehead for being a kleptomaniac idiot until you give back what you stole and kick yourself – not necessarily in that order.

7. Ask permission before you enter any of the rooms labeled "Permission Required." Most of the areas that go by this classification will be in the Google doc in my profile. All of the essential stuff included in the main description is perfectly within allowances.

8. There is a word count minimum of 50 words for all posts. More is always appreciated, though. Keep in mind that I have to have something to respond to, so give me substance; not nonsense.

9. Please use one (or more if needed) of the following tags with your thread title when you make it:
[P] – Private. (May or may not include Natsumi, but I still reserve the right to enter these threads if something is occurs to garner Natsumi's attention.[Such as the situation, "STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY SHIP!"])
[R] – R-rated material.
[Q] – Quests – If you’d like Natsumi's help in a quest, use this. Always set this up with me first, please, so I know what's going on.
[NG] – No Natsumi required.
[Open] – I'm not really a stickler for this tag, but it does help to make clear that your thread is open to everyone.

10.  Have fun in the chaos that is Natsumi's realm! ;-)

Symbolism

Titles Related Specifically to Her As a Deity:
Mistress of Keys
Guardian of Secrets
Harbinger of Change
The Masked Stranger

Symbols:
Keys
Reflections
Tear Drops
Shackles
Dusty Books
Runes
Hieroglyphics
Ruins
The Broken Heart
Masks
Things that are lost
Etc.

General Overview of the Domain

As a deity, Natsumi is a relatively solitary figure. She does not often reveal her position outside of her temple, and the enigmatic nature of her realm allows her to disappear into the shadows of the world. Even so, followers still find her, often asking for lost knowledge or the key to unlock something powerful. The dullest among these selfish people knows, however, that, in order to obtain something, something of equal value must be lost. Equivalent exchange is the law of the Goddess of Keys and Secrets in this regard.

Ironically, Natsumi's realm also encompasses portions of liberty and freedom. She is often seen as a harbinger of change by the world, and a danger to the powers that be. She is able to show men the truth of the world around them, and to break open the barriers of fear and indifference that keep them from organizing. Though her realm may not be as obviously dangerous as her fellow deities in this regard, it is still very much a force to be reckoned with: a force that is worshipped by rebels, thieves, prisoners, assassins and many other creeds.

Extra Notes

Keep in mind that these are just the basics. Things like clergy and the like will be stored in Google docs in my profile. Likewise, additional lore, titles and symbols will be stored in my profile as I develop them. If you ever have any questions, just PM me. I don't bite, even if you ask me to.  

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'