Archive Home > Archives > 2015 Archives > Haunted Caravan > Death isn't a Sweet Release (p,r)
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
"Hunt down the five banshees."

The task seemed simple enough, perhaps too simple to Nemesis as he combed the forest with naught but a lantern in hand. The wailing of spirits about was normal in these parts, but for what he was searching for was something more grander, more rare. The creatures he sought for were that of the lost wives that took their lives upon finding the forest composed of that of their husbands' bodies. Those that had fought tooth and nail against the gods and did something no one thought was possible- win. Unfortunately, the tree of this continent had the last laugh as it turned the warriors into this. His eyes narrowed upon of the tree that resembled a man in a grotesque position. "Such a shame. Even in death, divinity will find a way to pull the rug from under our feet", the words rang with a hint of humor before he passed on through, lighting up the darkness around him with light. Soon he let out a whistle of an eerie tune with each step taken. Perhaps to anyone else around, it would be just another strange occurrence that the woods were infamous for, but he was hoping to allure one of the victims of this curse. Eventually one did show up on top of a branch of a tree above him. With a causal glance up, he watch her descend to the ground with him and let out a blood curdling shriek.

Nemesis could only look at her with a interested look clear across his face as he rose the lantern to his face. "Such a sad existence. Then again, I'd imagine that your former life was nowhere better than this." On the tales of woe, he could relate to the tell that involved her and her departed. Of course, he hadn't slay a Tree or killed himself, but in Nemesis' mind, he had too learned of what true suffering was. Perhaps the saddest part about this was that even in the afterlife there would be no salvation for her, him or anyone else. In the end, there was only the comfort of cold darkness for them and everyone else. "Let me end your suffering, for even if its just for the moment", he spoke, using his free hand to beckon the banshee. From the look on her face, she hadn't taken kindly to his gestures and went after him with claws ready to tear him to shreds. Closing his eyes, he waited patiently as a dagger instantly appeared in his hand and soon the essence of darkness shrouded the blade. Soft breaths rose and fell from his chest as the anticipation built up, feeling that she was coming closer and closer until she was in range. The moment he opened his amber eyes, the dagger was plunged into her chest, dispersing its energies into her body. He could hear her cries as she was being torn apart from the inside out and yet he felt nothing for her. After all, he was free her into the next world. She should have been happy to leave her troubles behind after all these years.

When her form could no longer withstand it, it exploded into nothingness and something was dropped in her place. Reaching down for it, he inspected it carefully. It appeared to be a noose, likely the one the banshee had ended her life with back when she was still human. "Be free, wandering spirit. Your suffering has ended…for now…"   

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Carrie

Character Info
Name: Carrie Norcross
Alignment: TE
Race: Nymph-Demon Hybrid
Class:
Silver: 75
Hunting banshees didn't seem to quite suit her style. It seemed like a waste of time to exploit such things, especially since she couldn't eat them at all. That took away half the fun, and besides they were already dead, left to rot here for centuries after the crimes their loved ones committed. Why not let them embrace their fate and continue on this plane to suffer? It was something she couldn't understand nor did she try as she strolled through the forest. Despite the fact that anyone that was on the prowl could have easily mistaken her as one of them from her appearance, Vertigo didn't care at all. If anything, it would be both a challenge she would take upon and that of having her someone to hunt and feast upon. The gods only knew how much she was starving. Dull eyes looked onward as something was spotted from the distance.

Was that light?

Banshees had no reason for such things, so it was only guessed that another person was close by. A grin rose from her, revealing rows of sharp fangs that couldn't wait to bite and tear into flesh. Whoever this stranger was, she was going to savor this meal for it had been some time since she dined. Picking up the pace, she ran by the bushes and branches, uncaring for the damage done towards her dress as it was torn at various areas. Such things where easy for her to get; people did just about anything for a pretty face and false hopes and she had no qualm taking advantage of that. By the time she had arrived, she caught a glimpse of the man that just slayed a banshee. He looked young and strong, which made for delicious and tender meat for her. Smirking to herself, she waltz over to him with hips swinging a bit and hands behind her, appearing harmless. "My, my. Such a brave man to take on such a monster all by yourself, in the middle of nowhere." Her eyes shined at him as a small smile formed. "May I ask why you are out here? It's quite dangerous for those like ourselves. I myself had gotten lost from the caravan that is hosted in these parts. Perhaps you can help me?"

Vertigo didn't mind laying and waiting for his guard to lower before she would pounce and have her fill of the strapping murderer. In fact, this could be fun to toy with him for a little while.