Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Dance Beneath the Stars [P][Event]
Nerine

Character Info
Name: Nerine
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Herbalist/Scholar
Silver: 0
The slight chill was still hard to shake off even inside where it was warm. Rubbing her hands together, she tread lightly on the beautiful stone floor while the hem of her robe brushed against her ankles. There was a sort of childish excitement that came when the yearly ball arrived. Decked in a shimmering starry fabric, intertwined garlands of snow roses and holly in her hair, and a delicate gossamer cloak that looked as if it were made from laced frost–Nerine was walking on clouds. Her cousins had been all over her when they heard she was planning on attending the annual festivities in Zets'Ki. Silene started by suggesting a dozen different fabrics, Hebe suggested seasonal flowers for her hair while Celosia wouldn't stop talking. Her aunt had even pulled her aside and asked if she wanted a certain good luck charm to tuck into her husband's clothing before the event.  

In the end she was able to keep them from overwhelming her with suggestions, going along with at least one of their ideas. Fortunately they said they weren't going to come, hinting about giving her and Sylvain some time alone. The hall was filled with people, the perfume of seasonal delights bringing a familiar warmth. Her husband was in his best as well, wearing the signet ring and bearing the Albaret crest in black and trimmed furs. Her children were off enjoying themselves, though Efrain was still being sullen over coming. But he did come despite her coaxing, so perhaps he wasn't being as stubborn as he normally was. With her hands in his, Nerine danced with Sylvain as a waltz was played by the musicians. Looking into his eyes she smiled, leaning to whisper in his ear. "I'm so glad you're here Sylvain. I was afraid you would have second thoughts on coming to the ball."

"Love all, trust few, and do wrong to none."
Chevalier

Character Info
Name: Sylvain Albaret
Alignment: LN
Race: Vampire
Class: Blademaster
Silver: 14
Time truly had flown. In the blink of an eye, Nerine had become his wife and they had three children. He could remember the tears of joy she cried when she heard their first child was a son. Among Rosenite children boys were incredibly rare, so each one was precious. They were blessed again with another son, their youngest, not long after their daughter Chrysanthe had learned to walk. Perhaps it was a blessing from the deity who had inadvertently brought them both together? As the orchestra's music came to a lull, she drew closer to whisper in his ear. He returned the smile, replying back. "As am I. With a full-scale war narrowly prevented, I wouldn't miss the chance for a more peaceful celebration." The liveliness of the ball's festivities was beginning to settle, and the brightness of the lights had started to dim. How long had it been since they were last alone together? With that thought, he had an idea. "Nerine, come with me. There's something I would like to tell you."

"What is it? Sylvain there's no need to be shy, you can tell me here. The other guests won't eavesdrop." She laughed, a faint blush coming over her cheeks. Frowning, he whispered again. "Not here. And no it isn't anything like that." Looking up at him she continued to smile, but gave in. "Alright, I'll come. Who would have thought Lord Albaret would have something he wouldn't dare say to his wife in public?" Her little bit of teasing over, they quietly exited the ballroom back into the main cathedral. The sudden chill from the warmth of the Celestial Hall made Nerine pull on her cloak tighter, and he held her close. Entering the serene Cathedral of Reverie, all was silent save for the muted sounds of the orchestra and merrymaking.

The first time Shiloh and those in her employ had come to host the Celestial Ball, there was hardly a moment for one to slip away like this. Here in the starry grandeur of the world's mother and her seven daughters, Sylvain took his wife's hands and placed in them a single scarlet rose. As soon as their hands touched, the rose's vibrant petals began to glow brightly. In the deepest frost of Glaciem, for but a moment, it was Terra. Her pale blue eyes widened in surprise at the enchanted flower. Before she could speak he said to her: "Thank you for being my beloved." With the Celestial mother of ages past as their witness, they kissed.

"You've met with a terrible fate haven't you?"
Nerine

Character Info
They sat together before the statue of Reverie and seven daughters who became the celestial bodies and stars in the sky. "Do you remember when Lys saw his little sister for the first time? He kept stealing glances from behind me, hiding whenever Chrysanthe would laugh or smile. He's much less shy now, don't you think?" Her husband chuckled as she rested her head on his shoulder. "When he was just a little boy I wouldn't have guessed he would choose to continue practicing swordplay and martial training after his thirteenth birthday. I half expected him to become a scholar or healer like you. Do you think I was too hard on him when it came to training?" Nerine thought for a moment, then shook her head. "No…I don't think so. Well maybe just a little." She teased, Sylvain's lips drawing into a thin line as he averted her gaze. "He's become more and more like a certain someone as he grows older. I wonder who that might be? Hmm?" Her husband coughed and she decided to stop teasing him.

"Speaking of resemblance, I still can't understand Efrain. Just who exactly does he take after? When I was his age I wasn't as sullen and dour." The lord fretted. "I've been thinking about that myself too. Oh Sylvain, you're not still thinking that Shiloh might have done something to him prior to his birth are you?" Ever since their youngest was born, the origin of his headstrong and grim personality was an enigma. He had his father's hair and eyes, but appearances aside he couldn't be more different. Efrain was picky, didn't like talking to people, and would say things that were extremely blunt. However at a young age he showed exceptional talent in learning magic and even started going through her advanced medical books from her time as a student in Iria and Auzial. The boy puzzled both his parents, and when the similarities to the Steward of Antikythera began to show, Sylvain was less than pleased.

Wrapping her arm around his, she comforted her husband. "I'm sure there's another explanation. After all unlike one's appearance personality isn't necessarily inherited. But if we're looking at things from that angle, it could be from my side of the family. Remember when you met my cousins? That blunt attitude of his sounds like Celosia. She does have a bit of a temper too come to think of it, but she means well." Celosia was more on the rash side compared to her son, but it was a start. It was no surprise that she joined the Arriese military and trained new recruits, being the hot-blooded person she was.

Chevalier

Character Info
Name: Sylvain Albaret
Alignment: LN
Race: Vampire
Class: Blademaster
Silver: 14
His wife did have a valid point. Celosia–he remembered the first time he met Nerine's family. It was a rather belated meeting, having been delayed due to various circumstances. His first son was already a young boy when she introduced him. It was still jarring for a distinct lack of a male presence when seeing the in-laws. That was something he had to grow accustomed to when it came to Arri. Nerine had been raised by her aunt and cousins, and like typical Arriese families that meant several. Celosia was the one out of the three who stood out the strongest in his memory. Headstrong, bold–brazen even in speech. Her posture and the way she looked him over was no surprise seeing she had military training. Had this been Adeluna she would have matched the qualifications for a sergeant in the foot soldiers. She had bright auburn hair and green eyes rimmed with red, the standard irises when it came to Rosenites. Her sisters Hebe and Silene bore different colors of hair and eyes, yet still shared similar features. Silene had a sultry air about her, dark rich curls and amber eyes that seemed to see into one's self. Hebe was the most similar to Nerine in general look, with longer hair and irises that matched Silene. It was hard to believe she was the eldest from her demeanor. Celosia's commanding presence would have led him to think otherwise.

There was hardly room for him to speak as the four women were busy assessing his qualifications. It seemed odd how interested they were in Nerine's choice for a significant other, until one of them briefly mentioned that he was not the first male their cousin had spent time with. Nerine was embarrassed, and they said no more as her aunt mentioned they should stay for an afternoon meal. Nerine and Celosia were called to the kitchen while Hebe went to the market to buy a few ingredients they were running low in stock. While he waited, the second eldest of the three–Silene came by to offer him a drink. His apprehension about the whole affair must have been noticeable, as she said it was just rose water, nothing strong. With the others occupied, Silene divulged a few more details about what they had brought up earlier. Before Nerine had met him, she had a prior relationship with another man while she was studying in Arri. It was nothing serious, they weren't even engaged. However Nerine was deeply invested, and while they were still dating she went off to study in Iria. They kept in touch through letters, but with time the flames began to cool. When Nerine returned to Arri after her studies were finished, she was left in shock when she saw her lover with another woman.

"I always thought he was a toad when I first saw him."
Silene said as she ran her finger around the rim of her glass. "We all did. But she was so head-over-heels for Alistair that nothing got through. We thought we were judging him too harshly as time went on, but things started showing through the cracks." She went on to explain that before Nerine returned to Sularia they had seen Alistair spending time with other women, becoming rather intimate, in more delicate terms. They tried to convince her to reconsider her relationship, to find someone else. They even tried to prevent her from meeting him knowing that if she saw before she fully understood she would just get hurt. "Unfortunately, we couldn't protect her forever. She saw, in the market no less. She was devastated; just like we feared." Silene went silent as she finished her drink. "It may be hard to believe seeing her now, but she was severely depressed for weeks. She wouldn't eat, she cried until she had no strength. Celosia was about ready to gut the man the next time he showed up. Thank the Queens that never happened."

One day they found Nerine's house empty. Inside the floor was a mess, and the distinct smell of bitterness was in the air. Afraid of the worst, they went in and saw what had been the remains of some sort of brewed concoction. She had tried to commit Eshari–or ritual suicide for those unfamiliar with Arriese culture. Panicked they search the house but their cousin was nowhere to be found. They searched the city, asked everyone who might have seen her, looked where she might be. Then one day, she came back. They were shocked but relieved, but the strangest thing was that her depression had been lifted. That was about the time she had met Shiloh, Sylvain noted to himself. The timing was close enough. Returning his thoughts to the present, he found his wife looking up at him with her bright blue eyes. "What are you thinking about, Sylvain? You've been quiet for a while."  

"You've met with a terrible fate haven't you?"
Nerine

Character Info
Her husband turned to her, and smiled. "Nothing, I was recalling the first time I met your family. Speaking of which, I am surprised they weren't here to meet us." Nerine's face flushed when he asked. "Oh…yes well you see–" Oh this was going to be so embarrassing! How was she supposed to say that they didn't come because they wanted the two of them to spent more quality time as a couple? Fumbling for a less awkward explanation, she quickly added: "–They said they were too busy! I even asked them myself and that was when they said they weren't coming. It was a big surprise for me as well." She slowly let out a sigh of relief. It was true, minus the most embarrassing part. "They can be a bit overwhelming can't they?" They made a huge fuss over seeing her husband once they found out she had a son. Celosia was the most insistent, hell-bent on guessing what kind of man she settled down with. That led to a few awkward moments like her cousin mistakenly assuming Auron was Lysandre's father of all things. You know, perhaps that blunt tongue was from Celosia. The funny thing being Efrain had never met his first cousins once removed in the first place. Though with their personalities they might clash more than anything.

As they both watched the twinkling lights from above, she held onto his arm and moved closer. "It's been such a hectic year. Even though they didn't come to see us, I'm glad. Peace and quiet are what we'll need the most. With Canelux in crisis, dangers appearing in Parvpora, and the war… I'm glad it's finally over." The battle for Apoy was the closest they all had been to death's doorstep, and the stakes were the highest they ever had been. The forces stationed on the island weren't as extensive as Arri's military, but with the help of volunteers and Shiloh's quick thinking they were able to pull through even with inferior numbers. It was times like these that made her all more thankful for everyday life. To life without worry of death or worse was a blessing. Perhaps there was a good reason why the Steward preferred beings of metal than flesh and blood; the automatons' ability to fight without concern over their bodies made them a formidable force to be reckoned with.

"Can you believe it Sylvain? Lysandre's already as tall as you, and Efrain won't be falling behind for long. Chrysanthe's almost as much of an expert on tracking as Walter now. Hebe has offered to tutor her in strengthening her druid magic whenever she visits Sularia. It feels like they were born yesterday, but in the blink of an eye they've grown." It really was a strange feeling knowing her children were no longer, well, children. "Yes, time truly does fly. I share the same thoughts you have as well." Her husband nodded, beginning to fret. Becoming a father was a new experience for him, yet even after the third time it was still fresh like the first. She wondered how Cymbel and Shiloh were doing now that their boys were growing closer to marriageable age too.