Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Wed Mar 6, 2019 3:51 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Akori couldn't help it - she blushed. She really wasn't used to anyone thinking her abilities that cool or unique. There were wizards, gods, mages, any number of things that could do what she did and more, so she hadn't really thought herself all that unique. She had become somewhat complacent in her abilities, it seemed, so used to the power she wielded that it had become mundane. That stung to realise, actually. The same thing she disliked in those same gods and wizards, that arrogant complacency, was the same rut she had fallen into.
"That's the stuff, yeah," she confirmed, "My father commands fire, and my mother weaves water as mist. I think it was their powers mixing that gave me lightning, in a way, though I don't think it really matters what elements a couple has. There hasn't been any studies done on the matter, far as I know anyway. We take what we get, and live life as it comes for the most part." Embarrassed by the praise, pleased and flustered all at once, she carried on speaking, hoping to move past the very unusual feelings. She was used to having her wits to hand at all times, and not be so utterly disarmed. Though she found she didn't mind so much, just this once.

Much more vulnerable than she was used to being, having laid out just who she was, how she operated, and how her kind got by, Akori was ready for Aspect to recoil. People usually did, once they learned how she fed. No matter how she explained to them that she didn't want to hurt anyone, and she didn't like to make people sad or angry, or even that she couldn't control people's minds to make them feel how she wanted them to, folk still didn't trust her. The kitsune had lost more than one friend this way - for her, honesty usually ended with pain. Still, she didn't like hiding who and what she was, so even if it hurt her in the end, Akori would keep her chin up, and being truthful about herself.
Still, prepared for any reaction as she was, Akori found herself surprised when Aspect reached out for her hand - and took it, clasping it gently. Her hand was warm, with a strength in it that made Akori smile. She twined her fingers in Aspect's, relishing the contact. She wasn't used to just holding hands, enjoying the warmth of another person who just wanted to touch her to offer comfort or support. It was…nice. Something she hadn't realised she had sorely missed in her life until now. Kitsune weren't too big on touching for the sake of it. Contact was usually reserved for during feeding, attempting to charm someone, or defending oneself.
Almost shy, Akori smiled, relieved beyond words that Aspect hadn't fled - or worse.
"I…thank you. Most kind of, well, no-one's tried to understand before. I get it - people are just scared of what they don't understand, scared I'm going to hurt them, but it doesn't make it easier," she looked down at their joined hands, an odd serenity visible in her bearing. It wouldn't last long, soon she would be itching to move and play once more, but for now, she was content to be still.
Her smile widened at being called 'beautiful', a genuine, pleased expression, and she blushed a little more.
"You keep saying things like that, and you'll never get rid of me, gorgeous," she teased.

Akori resisted the urge to pout when Aspect drew her hand back, though already she was missing the contact. The kitsune was well versed in flirting, knew all the right words, moves, expressions to provoke the responses she wanted in pursuit of a 'meal'. That was all mimicry, though. It wasn't genuine, with real thoughts and feelings thrown into the equation. So she wasn't sure if it would be too much if she grabbed after Aspect's hand, or should she give the other shapeshifter space? Did Aspect even feel the same as Akori was suspecting she was beginning to, or had she simply been giving compliments out of kindness? Self doubt was never Akori's forte, however, so she opted to hope for the best, and see where this went.
"I would have to be an idiot to try and chase you away," Akori replied, certain that, of all things, she had only gone and started to fall for this understanding, playful 'shifter in a world she had only just arrived in, and hadn't even begun to understand.

Author: Aspect, Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:11 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect listened to Akori talk about her kind, the kitsune. It seemed that their kinds had a lot in common. They weren't well liked, were commonly misunderstood, and shapeshifters, just like her kind. She couldn't help but give a big smile at the young fox at her comment about the stunt they had performed this evening. "They didn't even see us coming," she said pointedly with her fork. "They had no clue what hit them." She laughed lightly. It was interesting to her that Akori grew up with her parents and siblings. As far as she knew, she didn't have any siblings of her own, but it wouldn't be impossible for her parents to have had multiple children and took care of them separately. Some animals did that, it helped make sure at least some of the babies survived, rather than keeping all of them in one basket so to speak.

Akori described her three forms as well as how they used their magic. They seemed to store the magical power they had within their tails, so it made sense that the stronger they were, the more tails they would have to have to store it all. Aspect was thoroughly impressed by the elemental magic that Akori possessed. "You can control lightning?" she said excitedly. "Like the stuff that comes in thunderstorms? You can harness that? That's so cool! I have never heard of anyone being able to do that kind of magic." She was so powerful, with the ability to control lighting as well as being able to change forms. She was very much, unlike any other woman she had ever met before. 

She explained how she fed off of the emotions of people. It was unnerving in a way, again, this was something she had never encountered before, but it was not one of the strangest things she had seen or experienced in her life. Aspect was quiet as she thought about what to say. This was something odd, yes, but not something she felt was terribly dangerous. Carefully, she slid her hand over Akori's on the table and gripped it loosely. "It's a little odd," she said gently. "But it's not nearly the strangest thing I've encountered in my life. If that's what you have to do, it's what you have to do. You're beautiful, both inside and out. I know you wouldn't hurt me or anyone else on purpose."

She gave her a smile and slid her had back over to her side of the table, though, she really wanted to keep it where it was. "Besides if you're trying to scare me away, you're going to have to try a lot harder than that, Foxy." She gave her a large genuine smile. Even if her "feeding" kind of thing was a little strange, she was still very much enjoying the company of the gorgeous and generous woman in front of her. She was so grateful that she had gone to that party, if not just to meet this wonderful lady that she knew she was starting to fall deeply in love with. 

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:38 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Akori listened as Aspect explained her abilities, happily devouring the piping hot food before her. It sounded amazing, being able to assume that many different forms, even with those 'catches'. There were how many forms of life, and Aspect could become them all? How would it be to swim as a fish? There was an entire world underwater she had never seen - being able to delve deep beneath the waves, without worrying about drowning? Many would trade their most valuable possessions for such a thing, and Akori was tempted to see if a wizard had a spell that could replicate the effect. Shaking her head, she brought her mind back to the present, and gave Aspect a sympathetic look.
"My kind are not well liked, either. We're seen as homewreckers and malicious tricksters. People mistrust what they can't understand, and I think in our cases, they're stuck in one form, and that one form matters so much to them, that they fear us just because we don't have to stay in one shape."
Suddenly, her expression turned impish, never being one to stay serious for too long.
"That and we're just quicker witted than them - I mean, look at what we just pulled!"

Nodding, Akori absorbed what Aspect was saying, all while trying to eat as quickly as possible and still be polite about it. She hadn't realised how hungry she was, though to be honest she couldn't actually remember the last time she had eaten properly. There had been that night, a couple days ago now, where she had hunted as a fox, and found some fruit to devour, as well as a lamed rabbit. Akori…did not like hunting live prey for herself. Though it was for food, and she was by no means vegetarian, she still preferred to order her food prepared and steaming hot, in the company of a smart and pretty woman.
"I lived with my parents for a while, and my siblings. Soon as we were old enough, though, we each went our own way," Akori supplied, wondering how it would have been to grow up alone for the most part. As a cub, she and her siblings had been all but defenceless, their magic only coming in later.

"Me?" Akori echoed, before finishing her mouthful and flashing a grin in response to Aspect's wink.
"Well, my kind are called kitsune, and we really only have three forms - human, regular fox, and many tailed fox," she ticked them off on her fingers as she spoke, trying to put her thoughts into order so that she could answer Aspect. She'd not really had to explain her powers or race to anyone before, so she wasn't too sure what to say, or how to say it.
"We 'store' our magic in our tails, for lack of a better word, so the more tails we have, the stronger we are. Uhm," she tapped a finger to her chin, gazing at the ceiling as she mused. There was plenty to add, but for once the bard was at a loss for words. How often did a human have to explain being human, after all? It was kind of like that?
"We can use elemental magic - for example, I can command lightning. We don't gain any other elements, just finer control with our innate one. From what I understand, mages can restore their mana with rest, or by drawing it from the environment or what have you. I can't do that, I have to feed to restore myself," here she moved the hand supporting her chin, and held it up, palm forwards, to halt any panic her words may have caused.
"Not like a vampire or anything, don't worry. Well, some kitsune do, but they're the exception, not the rule, and not many of my kind like them anyway. We feed on emotions - I've found I can keep myself going simply on the moods generated by my music."
Shaking her head, Akori sighed, and her expression turned sheepish - and a little worried. She didn't want to scare off her new friend, someone she was coming to admire and like spending time with.
"I'm not explaining it well, but I'm not a danger to people, honest. I don't like hurting anyone."

Author: Aspect, Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect listened eagerly as Akori spoke. She was so easy to talk to, she hoped that their conversation would never end. She brought up a good point with the entrepreneurs taking advantage of the party. It would be good pickings for them to get some expensive items off the intoxicated guests. She smiled when the topic of tropical birds was brought up as a jest that could be played at the summer ball. She could picture it now. A massive flock of exotic birds flying around the giant palace, as well as the ice water pouring in from the ceiling. The feathers of the birds would surely stick to the wet patrons below, creating a colorful and relatively painless equivalent to the practice of tar and feathering. She couldn't help grinning at the thought, before turning her attention back to the fellow vixen.

She talked about her travels, how she sang and did her bard things in order to earn a little money and possibly a room in the evenings. She was skilled in several different instruments that she'd picked up over time. The mere ability to play one instrument well was impressive, the ability to play several was spectacular. The fox made good points, the bird forms were technically still her, even if the body was different. She nodded at the offer to be taught music. "I'd like to take you up on the offer someday," Aspect said, playing absentmindedly with the fork again. "I'd be happy to sing with you sometime."

She listened to the potential plans for the evening. Like her, if she'd been alone, she'd probably stay up and drink for a bit and then go to bed. The thought of running with wild foxes was enticing, but she was starting to feel some exhaustion from the party. If Akori wanted to go run with them, she'd be happy to accompany her, but she wouldn't stay out too terribly long. She was sure after eating a good dinner she'd be very eager to get a room and go to bed. She mentioned walking around town the next day. That sounded like fun. She would love to tour the city in daylight in the snow. 

She was about to answer Akori's questions when the waiter came back with their food. It smelled amazing and she took a few bites of the steak before answering the questions. "I've been all over the place," she said, forcing herself to slow down and enjoy her meal. And remember her table manners. "I've been all over Revaliir. I was born somewhere on the continent of Canelux. I don't exactly remember where. My parents, like myself, were true shapeshifters. We can turn any creature that has been or currently exists. The only caveats are those creatures that are yet to be created and those created through magical means. We can't do magic either. My kind isn't generally the most well-liked by others. Most folks don't like our, inconsistencies." 

She took a swing from her beer and put the bottle back on the table before continuing with her steak. "I didn't know my parents very well. I didn't see them a lot growing up, as is the case with my kind it seems. Fortunately, we're pretty adaptable, so it wasn't as difficult to grow up without parents. I've been traveling since I was relatively young. It took me some time to shift my form reliably without having to worry about suddenly shifting out or into something else, as well as get used to each forms abilities and limitations. It's gotten easier with experience, and I have a few favorite forms I generally take. Those are the ones I've practiced most and am the most confident and comfortable with. You've seen some of them this evening."

She took a moment to finish her steak and then switch her attention to the side dishes. "So what about you? How does your magic and shifting work? I don't believe I've ever met a person quite like you before." She could help winking at her. She focused on her food as she listened to Akori. It was so good, the taste so much better than the smell alone. She hadn't realized how starving she was, nevermind remember the last time she'd eaten. She'd keep the biscuit on the side to give to the man with the fox fur later. She hadn't forgotten about him. They'd have to pass him to get to the inn anyway. 

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Smiling knowingly, Akori leant forwards to trace nimble fingers over a knot in the wood.
"Since it was an open invite, I wouldn't be surprised if some…'entrepreneurs' were taking advantage of all the wealth on display - and all of the tipsy nobles flaunting it," she said, without any real rancour towards such activities. After all, hadn't she done much the same with that noblewoman's fur? Akori didn't see any harm in redistributing wealth when it could be better used to help those less fortunate, rather than hoarded simply to show off.
"Saying that, though, I'm surprised there aren't more pickpockets and such roaming the streets, what with all the guards at the palace," shrugging, the kitsune was simply glad they hadn't had to defend themselves from a thief - not that vixens would have much worth stealing - as she hadn't much wanted to get into a fight tonight.
"But then, I suppose all the marks worth tracking are at the ball."

At the mention of higher security at any following party, Akori's eyes gleamed and her smile widened in anticipation of the challenge. What was a few more guards against two canny shapeshifters, out for fun? If anything, it would simply mean more people to get caught up in their games, more people to dazzle, confused, and confound. She couldn't wait.
"I do hope they have a summer ball - we could bring in a whole flock of tropical birds to serenade the guests!" Akori almost babbled in her excitement. If she still had her tails, they would have been a blur of motion behind her, "Or we could try and cool everyone down with some nice ice water, raining from the ceiling! I'm sure they would appreciate that on a sweltering summer's day, right?"
Laughing at the mental image of panicked people trying to save their expensive, fancy clothing from a deluge of water, ducking to avoid a shrieking, creeling cloud of brightly feathered birds, the kitsune was rather pleased with the idea. Yes, they would have to have a summer ball, simply so Aspect and she could have more fun.

"I travel a lot, just seeing what there is to see, so it started out as a way to earn a few coins here and there, or to get a place to stay for the night. I'd sing mostly, when I started out, though I wasn't very good. I kept practising, picked up an instrument or two, and now I'm more or less a one-kitsune band," she smiled, fighting the urge to dash off into the snow and reclaim her tools of the trade right now so she could play for Aspect. What was it about the shapeshifter that had entranced her so easily? Akori was used to being the one doing the entrancing - usually with the aid of some of her magic - but this was entirely new. She'd never would have expected to find someone so interesting, or so ready to join her in games - or someone so earnestly interested in her, and not just what she looked like.
"Well, the birds are still you, right? So I wouldn't say it's so much cheating as just using a natural talent," Akori said, though she had to admit that music wasn't for everyone. Even so, she didn't want Aspect to be discouraged - if it was something she might enjoy, it was well worth attempting.
"If you ever wanted to learn, though, I'd be happy to teach you. Everyone can sing, it's just a matter of breath and volume."
That was simplifying it a bit, but she would teach her, if Aspect wished it.

Sipping at her wine once it was delivered, Akori contemplated what she wanted to eat. Eventually, she settled on a meat pie with potatoes, figuring that she would have to eat something of substance at some point.
"Well, left to my own devices, I'd drink for a while, or barter for a room with music and coin. Sometimes, I seek out wild true-foxes, and run with them for the night," smiling, Akori gestured between herself and Aspect, "Though we are adults without curfew, and the world is our oyster. I didn't have any plans past getting into that party and seeing what all the fuss was about. I'd planned to walk about town tomorrow, see what mischief I could get into, and move on."
Tracing the grain on the table once more, Akori cocked her head to one side, before giving it a slight shake.
"I'm not from here. Revaliir, I mean. I wandered over from another world, which also wasn't my mine. We tend to do that a lot, my kind. Ma told me it's because we can live so long, we have to spread out or overpopulate an area. I just reckon we get bored easily, so we like to move about."
Hopefully Aspect wouldn't mind the sudden information-dump regarding herself, but Akori felt like talking. She eyed the wine suspiciously, but she hadn't drank all that much.
"How about you? Where are you from?"

Author: Lou, Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:00 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect followed Akori's gaze around the room, taking note of the absent bard that she'd pointed out. It was true, there wasn't a musician or any kind of entertainment in the room. It seemed rather empty. She nodded with Akori's guess on why the musicians were absent. "I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the palace tonight," she said, twirling a fork in her fingers. "All the people there and all the rich people no less. I'm sure it was a very strong temptation to go there instead of the bars this evening. Fortunately, it's only a one-night event, they'll be back in their regular venues by tomorrow night I'm sure."

She smiled when she questioned if they would bring it back again next year. "I'd like to think they would do the party again," Aspect said with a grin. "Though, after this evening, I'm sure they would have more security this next time. But yes, if they do it again, we should definitely go. It was too much fun to pass up. I'm curious if they do a summer ball, like a party for the summer solstice or something. Then we'd only have to wait half as long to go again. It'd be worth the wait either way." She shifted in her chair and crossed her legs into a more comfortable position under the table.

She listened as Akori talked about why she went to the party. She said she was a bard. "Very interesting," she said, her eyebrows raised slightly. "I don't think I've ever met a bard before. That's fascinating that you can write songs and play music. I'd love to hear you play sometime and I'd be more than welcome to go with you to get your things if you'd like. Personally, my musical ability is rather sub-par. I can sing well in my other forms, mostly birds and such, but I'd consider that cheating if I'm being perfectly honest. Funny enough, I usually lack creativity, especially with music and things like that."

She nodded and understood when Akori mentioned that she normally left parties on four feet instead of two. Typical for most functions she did the same thing, as most of the time she generally had to leave in a hurry. Leaving by wings or paws was generally much faster than walking on two feet. Humans were not the fastest of creatures, usually by a long shot. She looked up at the waiter came back with their drinks and set them on the table. He asked them for their food order, and she ordered a rare steak, with potatoes and a biscuit. He left after Akori ordered. "So what's the plan now?" She asked. "It's not like we have a curfew or anything, we can be out as long as we want."

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:19 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

If she could have blushed at the compliment, she would have done so. She didn't feel like it was any big thing she had done, simply something that anyone would have, no, anyone should have. Still, it was nice, being praised for a good deed, and even better having it come from Aspect. It wasn't at all something she was used to, both craving someone's approval and actually receiving it. She was more used to solitude, travelling from place to place, never staying for too long in any one location. Her nature and personality saw her restlessly venturing across the land, her profession simply a means to support herself as she did so. Such a lifestyle didn't tend to allow for forming deep, meaningful friendships. That felt like it was changing with the chance meeting with Aspect.
"I'm just glad it could be put to good use," was all she replied, almost bashfully. Flirtatious compliments, comments on her looks or skills, those she could easily respond either in kind, or with some banter. Comments on herself, however? She wasn't too sure how to handle those. So she ran to the tavern, her laughter pleased and somewhat giddy, while she tried to figure her own thoughts out.

Smoothly, she slipped into her human form, shivering as the cold bit into her skin. It had been negligible with a fox's fur, but with her human skin it was bitingly cold. Gratefully, she took Aspect's jacket, snuggling into the warmth.
"Thank you - I'd forgotten I'd have to change back after our escape," she said, smiling at Aspect.
Pushing the door open, she held it so the other woman could enter first, before following. Casting a loom about the room - for it was just one, long room - Akori picked out a table away from the door and any windows in an attempt to avoid any drafts, and sat down opposite Aspect. It was a nice place, not too big, but not cramped. More to the point, it smelled nice, and it didn't seem to have much in the way of delusions of grandeur. Somewhere she could happily have dinner with fine company.

"I think so, too. Much less stuffy," Akori chuckled, and looked about at the scant few others at the tavern. Not many bar the die-hard regulars - not even a bard, working away in a corner to provide entertainment for the customers. Shameful - though, they had probably be lured to the palace by ideas of attracting the attentions of a noble patron, and earning their way into a comfy life. Shameful, really. Did nobody do bard-craft simply for the art of it any more? It was all about appeasing egos and fancy living. No-one wanted to go on daring adventures and write epic sagas. Where was the fun in singing about how princess snob-nose was as stunning as a summer's day? Blech!
"They don't have a bard, though. Wonder if they lost them to that fancy shindig?" Akori mused aloud, turning back to Aspect. Just as she said that, a waiter came to take their order, and the kitsune decided to go for a glass of wine. Not her usual drink, but she didn't feel like they would have something sweet enough to suit her, and besides, she had had enough of sweets for one night.

"I wonder if they'll do it again next year?" Akori asked, sighing wistfully, "We should go again if they do, with a whole new repertoire of games and tricks."
The idea gave the kitsune a warm, happy feeling, and she smiled, content. She didn't have a name for the feelings, and didn't much want to examine them lest the take fright and flee, but she very much enjoyed Aspect's company, and the idea that they could continue to talk and play was just the best thing ever.
"Hm?" shaking herself out of her thoughts, Akori brought her focus back to the here and now, "Oh, that was part of it. I'm not one to turn down a party, let alone one with free food, but I have to admit I was curious, too. I'm a bard by trade, and I travel all over, writing songs and music. I thought a big, fancy party was bound to have some interesting people - and I was right," she answered, smiling at Aspect.
"I'll play you some of my music, once I recover my stuff," she offered, eager to show off for her new friend, "I had to hide it before I went into the palace. I kind of figured I'd be leaving on four feet rather than two. All the best parties do."

Author: Aspect, Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:51 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect watch Akori give the homeless man the cape of fox fur and perked her ears forward. She couldn't help a small smile as she watched Akori attempt to cover him with the fur. She bumped her gently on the side as she walked next to her. "That was a beautiful thing you did," she said quietly. "You very well could have saved his life in this snow." She watched her run towards the restaurant just down the street, laughing the whole way. Aspect stopped a moment as she felt herself start to fall in love with the fellow vixen even more. She shook herself like she was shaking snow from her fur and raced after her. They stopped in front of the door.

She shifted easily into her human form, brushing the snow lightly out of her hair and off her shoulders with her hands. She waited patiently for the other vixen to transform into her human shape. She was quiet a moment before shrugging off her jacket and offering it to her. She thought it would be a nice gesture, normally she wasn't nearly this polite. After a moment, she opened the door and they stepped inside. It wasn't a huge place, but not really on the smaller size. It was one large room, with a bar along one side and several circular tables around the room. She let Akori pick out a table and followed her.

She sat down in the chair, resting her arms on the table, she looked around the room. "It's a nice place," she said looking at the decor on the wall. "Not too fancy. Cozy even. Not really as big as I expected, but if the smells from outside were any determinant on the type of food they serve here, I think we found a great place for dinner." She saw a person walk over and straightened up in the chair. The waiter, a younger man with sandy hair and brown eyes, came over and asked them what they wanted to drink. Aspect ordered a bottle of beer and the waiter left back to the kitchen after Akori ordered. 

She leaned back casually in her chair and smiled at her. "I don't know about you, but I think that party went pretty great."  She gave a heavy sigh before looking lazily at the ceiling. "Funny how fun and games can give you such an appetite." She loosely wrapped her arms around herself and looked casually at Akori. "So what brings you to Zetski's Cradle? Was it the open invitation or something else? I can't recall being here before. I'll freely admit I only came for free food and the good people-watching." She chewed absentmindedly on the tines of a fork while she waited patiently for Akori to speak.  

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Akori walked with Aspect, sometimes putting on a burst of speed to trot in front of the other vixen, sometimes falling back to follow after her. She made a game of that, making sure to place her paws only in the prints left by Aspect, so that it seemed that, where there had been two foxes, suddenly there was only the one, and then again two, just a bit further down the path. Akori walked as one happy simply to be out walking with a friend, admiring the drifting beauty of the snow. She hadn't seen the town before it was buried beneath the flurries, but it looked stunning covered in white unbroken drifts and banks. It almost made her want to jump into some of the snow piled in leeways of buildings, just to disrupt the stillness. Suddenly, Aspect stopped, and Akori followed suit, curious. The scent of someone reached her nose, and she, too, perked her ears forward to catch any sound in the still, cold air. A motion caught her eye the same time it did Aspect's, and both vixens focused on a form, slumped against the wall of a building.

Taking a step forward, Akori could see that the shape was a person, inadequately clothed against the cold. Their thin arms were wrapped around themselves in a feeble attempt to keep warm, and Akori felt her heart go out to them. It was such a juxtaposition from the opulence and excess of the ball they had just left. Did any of those nobles know what occurred in the streets beneath their lofty palaces and petty games? Or did they know, and not care? To Akori, it didn't matter what had led to this person being out here in the cold, only that here they were, suffering, and no-one around to help - except them. She met Aspect's eye after the other glanced at the fox-fur on her back, and Akori bobbed her head in a small nod. Silently, she took the fur in her jaws, and walked through the snow towards the shivering figure. With a twist of her neck, she pulled the fur from her back, and draped it across the person's lap, taking care to ensure the snow-dampened furry side was facing up. When the man made no motion to wrap the fur about themselves, too stunned to do much past gape, Akori used her muzzle to lift his arms away from his chest, and under the fur.
"Take it," she murmured, to more staring. Maybe he wasn't used to talking foxes being kind to him? "You'll get better use out of it than I," Akori finished, stepping back. Only once the man had wrapped himself in the fur did she turn away, and move to catch up to Aspect.

"We should bring him some food, too," Akori said once she had caught up, "Shame I don't have any sweets left from the party, really."
Her nose twitched at the scent of ale and food, and her stomach grumbled, demanding it take her to it now. Alright, so maybe she was hungrier than she thought!
"Let's follow our noses, get ourselves fed, and see what we can do for our new friend there," Akori suggested, sniffing the air. She felt…lighter, for giving the fox-fur for a good cause. It wouldn't undo the cruelty that had seen her fellow vulpine skinned for vanity, but at least the cloak would go on to possibly save a life, or at least make the winter a bit more manageable. She wouldn't assume anything on the part of the deceased fox, but personally, were the roles reversed, she would have liked that outcome.
"Come on! Nothing like a run before dinner!" the kitsune laughed, before taking off at a sprint towards those rather delectable smells.

Author: Aspect, Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:00 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect was relieved that Akori hadn't reacted negatively toward her proposition of asking her to dinner. She'd never felt the need to ask someone out to dinner before, nor had she ever really met someone so interesting she could picture herself going out of her way to have a complete meal with them. This fox was an interesting one at that. It stirred something in that she hadn't felt before. She was undecided on whether it was a good or a bad thing. The fellow vixen gave her a fluttery feeling and made her feel warm, like what happens after eating a good soup or hot chocolate. She liked the feeling and hoped it was a good thing. She very dearly enjoyed the company of the fox.

She followed after the four-tailed fox, bounding effortlessly through the snow. Behind them were two fine trails of dainty fox tracks side by side. The snow settled around them in large fat flakes, give the city an almost fairytale feel. The settling white perfection was picturesque, hiding even the dirtiest building and imperfection underneath its brilliant cover. The bright red fur of the two foxes stood out in sharp contrast against it, even after some of the flakes had settled in their fur. They had trotted a short distance before Aspect stopped. She raised her tail and perked her ears forward. She had caught the scent of someone but didn't see anyone nearby. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a shape leaning against the building move.

She didn't move toward it, but even from this distance, she could tell it was a homeless person. They were wrapped in what looked like what remained of a light blanket and a thin coat. They sat shivering in the snow, their arms wrapped around themselves in order to stay warm as best they could. It was quite evident they didn't have much. She sat quietly and watched them. She glanced slowly at Akori, then turned her attention to the fox cape briefly before turning back to the vixen. She knew how much the fox fur meant to her, there very likely could have been a real possibility that she knew the fox when they were alive. For that reason, she didn't really say anything about it, for fear of upsetting her. She didn't necessarily need the cape, but she felt for the deep attachment she had for it. She'd seen the skinned carcasses of fellow wolves and dogs that she'd hunted with hung up on hooks as if they were nothing. Yes, she understood her attachment well.

Aspect sat and looked at the homeless person a moment longer, before standing up and walking slowly past them. She couldn't do anything for them, she had nothing to give them, at least in this form. She couldn't easily take coins out of her fur like they were pockets and she had no magic to summon something of value. Pinning her ears and hanging her head slightly, she went by without looking at them, feeling guilty. Only after she was a short distance away from them, did she turn and wait for Akori. She could smell a pub further down the road, the sweet scent of ale giving the spicy scent of meat a sharp tang. She could see the light from where she was. It'd be only a short jog down the storefronts to get there. They could have a nice meal there.  She had more than enough to cover the two foxes for a meal. After a moment, she decided she'd walk back afterwards and give the man a handful of coins.

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:34 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect made for a dashing fox, Akori thought once more. She was rather fond of foxes as a whole, thinking they possessed unmatched grace, beauty, wit, and of course, untapped potential for fun and games. Of course, one could argue she was biased, but then, some people had some lofty ideas about their race, too, and she didn't go accusing them of such things. She grinned as Aspect batted at her with a paw, jumping to the side playfully, despite Aspect not really aiming for her. It had been far, far too long since she had had another fox to play with, let alone someone as clever and so good at games as Aspect. This was going to be the best night ever.

"Two beautiful vixens, out exploring the town - it almost sounds like a bard's tale," Akori chuckled, and bopped Aspect lightly on the nose with her paw.
"Oh yes, the company is well worth the price of that dress. Not to mention the entertainment we made for ourselves!" she laughed again, and cocked her head to study Aspect sideways. While she would have rolled in the snow, she didn't want to dirty the fox-fur upon her back any further than it had been. She needed to figure out what she was going to do with it, because she really wasn't planning on keeping it herself. Maybe she should have thought of this before that grand plan to snatch it from the noblewoman, but what was done was done. Besides, Akori really couldn't stand the thought of this pelt being draped over that harpy for a second longer. No, it was much better off with her.

Ah, food! Yes, that was a good idea. She hadn't actually eaten past some desserts, and even then, not a lot of those. Playing had taken precedence over eating, as it should, but now she found that the idea of a nice, juicy steak was very appealing. Even more so with current company!
"A steak sounds amazing," Akori agreed. She didn't necessarily crave meat, or even food, all that much in general, but Aspect could have suggested boiled cabbage and Akori would have gone along with it.
Bouncing, Akori jumped around Aspect as the other play-bowed, scattering snow as she did so.
"Come on! I bet we can fine a good seat at any tavern we like! All the people are up there, all stuff and formal. They're gonna miss out on the real party!"

Akori walked after Aspect, her tails waving in the air behind her. Snow was falling once more, though thanks to her own fluffy fur, and the pelt draped over her back, she didn't feel much of it at all. Pointed ears flicked forwards at Aspect's words, and she paused with one paw in the air for a second. Was she being flirted with? Well, that wasn't at all unwelcome, if it were the case, or was it simple admiration? Whatever the case was, Akori wasn't adverse to it, and she wasn't about to make Aspect feel awkward for it - not when there was steak and beer waiting, anyway. If it did lead to something else, well, that was for the future. Now was for walking, playing, and finding food.
Her jaw dropped in an earnest grin, and she caught up to the other vixen, playfully nudging Aspect's shoulder with her muzzle.
"Oh, the pleasure is all mine! I've got some coin, and I'm sure we can get a good deal on whatever we want, two fine ladies such as ourselves," she winked, and dashed forwards through the snow, laughing.
"Come on! Let's find us our meal, and plan from there!"

Author: Aspect, Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2019 11:33 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect smiled at the fox, before shifting into her fox form as well. She wasn't as big or as brightly colored as the four tail, but she wasn't nearly as magically inclined. No matter, she could hold her own if need be. She playfully batted a paw at the other fox as she laughed with her about the trouble they had caused this evening. No doubt no one would forget that party. No one was safe, so long as they were together to cause mischief. Life was far too short to be serious all the time. She of all people knew how important it was to change things up a little, it was almost a lifestyle for her at this point. 

She nodded with Akori, there probably wouldn't be a lot of people at the taverns and bars this evening, considering the palace had given out an open invitation to all and anyone. She laid next to her and watch her scratch an ear with a paw. Even that simple movement was done with beauty and grace. She sighed as she watched her, resting her head on her paws and smiling up at her. She cocked an ear casually to the side, before rolling over to look at Akori upside down. "Oh I don't know," she said. "I've never been here before either. Like you, I only came for the free food and entertainment. I can't say I was disappointed in the turnout or the company." She gave her a toothy grin. 

"We could just walk around and see what there is to find. There isn't anyone out right now, it'd be the perfect time for a nice jaunt in the snow." She was quiet for a short time, suddenly aware that she hadn't actually eaten much at the palace. She'd only had a few sweets between their shenanigans, which were far from filling. "Or we could go eat somewhere. I know I'm personally starving." She slowly rolled over in the snow, before shaking the wet particles from her fur and standing upright. She play bowed and jumped toward her. "I could do with a good steak or something, possibly even a beer."

She lightly head-butted her on the shoulder. "Come on Akori," she said play bowing again, her tail wagging and eyes sparkling. She paused as she saw the snowflakes start slowly falling again. "It could be fun, who knows what we'll find."  She turned and trotted a short distance before looking back at her. "I can cover for you, it would be a privilege to wine and dine such a wonderful lady as yourself."….Okay, that was dumb. Had she been alone, she would have debated about beating her head against the wall. She could not believe that those words had just come out of her mouth. She was grateful for her fur. It kept the rising blush from being visible on her cheeks.  

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2019 3:56 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Utter chaos, confusion, panic, and disgruntled people of all classes and races? Check.
A rowdy pack of mongrel strays, wrecking utter havoc upon a neatly arrayed bounty of buffet food? Check.
A group of guards, all in neatly pressed uniforms, now stained with mud, food, and other assorted messes? Check.
Those same guards madly chasing after a four-tailed fox, running roughshod over trailing dresses, fallen people, and the fancy tables? Check
One utterly, hopelessly derailed party? Check and check!

This was what Akori lived for.
Moving with a dancer's grace, the four-tails evaded every attempt to grab her, unable to stop the gleeful laughter escaping her fanged jaws. Oh, this was too much fun! She had been content to come to this party and simply dance and eat, but meeting Aspect had been the will of some prankster god. Said Divine obviously wanted them to cause as much mischief and mayhem as possible, and who was she to question the will of a god? When someone dropped a willing, able, and ready for action compatriot before you, you didn't stop and wonder if you should maybe not play the biggest joke you could - you simply did it! Cackling, Akori slipped from the grasp of one guard, ran between the legs of another, and jumped over the prone form of a nobleman who had tripped and fell. Well, this had been fun and all, but she really should be going - some men at the doors were attempting to push them closed, and keep the few remaining dogs - and Akori - within the hall. That wouldn't do at all, she had a night out planned with Aspect! True, she had lost sight of the shapeshifter, but she was certain they'd meet up outside. There wasn't much that could stand in the way of their combined efforts!

Focusing on getting out, rather than running circles around people, Akori sprinted for the door. The doorman saw the four-tails running for him, and pushed harder - only to have his legs knocked out from under him by one of Akori's tails sweeping behind his calves. Another of her tails ensured he didn't smack his head on the stone - she wanted to get out, not kill the bloke - and she was gone before he realised what happened. She sprinted down the halls, and into the crisp, winter night. The gate loomed ahead, and she put her head down and poured on the speed to slip through before it was closed. Luckily, the weather was cold, and the snow had settled thick, so that the person manning the gate had bit of a task to push the heavy thing shut, giving her ample time to get through and away. She didn't slow her pace, however, finding that, after the stifled formalities of the ball, she rather liked the excuse to run. Where to, though? Well…she'd decide when she got there.

Finally coming to a stop beside a wall, Akori slipped into an alleyway to wait for Aspect to find her. She had no doubt she would - Aspect was clever like that. While she waited, Akori mulled over what they could achieve tonight. Many ideas came and went, none really catching her interest, before a sheep trotted up to her. Even before she spoke, Akori knew who it was because, really, how many sheep were wandering the city?
"I don't think they'll forget that for a while!" she grinned, cocking her head up at Aspect. It must be interesting, able to take so many different shapes, and to do so as smoothly as Aspect did.
"Hm. I don't know if we'll find another place as ripe for mischief as the palace tonight. There are always taverns - don't know how many people will be there, though, considering the fancy shindig up the road," lifting a forepaw, she scratched at an ear, thinking.
"To be honest, I've never been here before. Only came here to see what the hubbub was about with the party. Do you know the area at all? Any recommendations?" Akori asked. Left to her own devices, she would have found somewhere to curl up and either fall asleep, or lay in wait for someone to play with. Whatever happened first.

Author: Aspect, Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:46 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect led her pack of mongrels through the ballroom. Several broke off to jump up on the tables and raid the contents of the buffet, others continued to follow her lead towards the fox draped woman on the dance floor. All at once it seemed that the people started shrieking and running in all directions. She heard a few dishes shatter on the hard floor from the food side of the room. The fox lady saw them running for her and screamed, before turning on her heel and running away. They pounded after her, their claws clicking loudly, the stone walls causing it to echo. She heard the band stop playing, and suddenly it was just the sounds of people screaming and running as her pack ran through the room.

The fox lady lost a shoe in the process of getting away from them and she stumbled but continued onward. Out of the corner of her eye, Aspect saw Akori shift quickly into her fox form. She was beautiful, with four long gorgeous tails. She was unlike any fox she'd ever seen. She also joined the chase amongst the baying and yipping dogs. Aspect continued to run along the floor with her troupe as she saw Akori jump nimbly across the table tops. She stopped on one table near the woman and Aspect and her pack of dogs formed a semi-circle around her and the fox woman. They stopped and watched her speak to the woman in her fox form, before leaping quickly off the table and catching the fur shoal in her mouth.

She threw the fur over her back and started off, calling out to the pack of dogs as she went. She spoke to Aspect directly for a moment before heading out. Aspect perked hears and nodded at the fox as she tore out of the room. With a bellowing bay, she led the pack of dogs on another round around the room. She saw the guards starting to approach her group and quickly steered them out of the ballroom. Several of her followers had grabbed food along the way, some carrying bowls or other dishes, others still taking with them whole cakes or large pieces of meat. They left a trail of grease, crumbs, mud, and other assorted things on their way out of the building. She smirked, glad she didn't have to clean up their mess.

A guard jumped in front of her in an attempt to grab her and she leaped up and caught him in the chest with her heavy paws. He fell over on his back. She heard the breath leave his lungs as she ran over him, followed by the rest of her pack. In no time they were back outside and were running quickly towards the closing gates. Someone must have said something and the word had gotten around the dogs were making their escape. The gates were almost closed by the time she got close and she shot ahead of the rest of the group, shifting quickly into the form of a Bighorn Sheep. Though her horns were not as big as a male equivalent, they would do the job in this case. She ducked her head and ramed the metal bars, causing the gates to fly open. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a guard that was standing near the gate fly backward from the impact. The dogs followed her out and quickly disappeared through the streets of the city. She heard the guards yelling at them and smiled to herself as she trotted off. Her hooves gave her good traction in the snow as she went and she held her head up in order to catch the scent of the fox. It took her a minute, turning her head back and forth in an attempt to get a hint of her smell. She snorted, catching onto the scent and followed it a short distance from the palace. Her keen eyesight adjusted well to the darkness and her small tail flicked. 

She spotted the fox with the fox fur near an alleyway and trotted over. She was still smiling as she met up with her. "That was great," she said, ducking her head slightly to look at the fox. "Where do you want to go now?" Her ears perked forward. Even in this lighting, the four-tailed fox was still incredibly beautiful. Her bright eyes sparkled and her fur shined so brightly that even the gorgeous fox fur cape upon her back appeared dull and boring. It was like she had an inner spark that lit her up from the inside out. Aspect could stare at her beauty far longer than it took her to answer her questions. 

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:10 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Generally, kitsune were a close-knit lot - or at least they were where Akori hailed from - preferring to stick to their clans, which were made up of a few families. A few kitsune, upon reaching maturity, decided to wander the lands alone, seeing what there was to be seen. Akori had been one of those, roaming the lands for centuries, simply experiencing life. First, she had walked as a fox, and spent time exploring the wilds. Years had passed with her running with true-foxes, and denning in their earths with them as one of their kind. Akori hadn't come fully into her powers, but even then, she was more than a normal fox. Able to command lightning, she used this ability to keep her surrogate kin safe. More than one huntsman had retreated from the chase with hair sticking up at odd angles, and a distinctly charred stink about them. So while the kitsune accepted that life and death was a cycle, she wasn't so accepting of needless killing of those she considered kindred spirits. It just seemed…mean. She had never considered herself a 'champion of justice' or anything of the sort. Akori just looked out for those she considered her friends, or in need of a helping hand - or paw.

Some of her good mood and enthusiasm returned upon seeing Aspect as a fox. She made rather the gorgeous vulpine, and Akori thought the two of them, running side by side, could draw a lot of attention. If it was appreciative or exasperated depended on what mood they were in! Aspect flowed from fox to bird, and, with a promise that the show would begin shortly, flitted out of the room. Popping another piece of chocolate into her mouth, Akori sat back in her chair and people-watched. They had mostly recovered from the shock of the animated instruments and utensils, and some poor sod had begun fishing the cutlery out of the punch bowl. The band had started back up, the candy had been - mostly - cleared from assorted tubes, pipes,and buttons. The party seemed to be back in full-swing.

Keen ears caught the sound of claws clicking upon the stone floor, and her full lips parted in a smile of anticipation. Oh, the party was just getting started.

A pack of dogs, Aspect a russet hound at the fore, flowed into the lavish ballroom. Dishes fell from numb hands, crashing upon the floor as people stared, open mouthed and aghast at the sight before them. Canines leapt upon the long buffet table, tearing into the various foods assembled there, while yet more followed Aspect still, aiming for their target. Shrieking, the fox-clad woman staggered away from the braying hounds, almost toppling over on her stilt-like shoes. Smirking, Akori finished her mouthful, and let her human form fall away, dropping down from the chair as a four-tailed fox. Standing about as tall as one of the larger hounds chasing the woman, Akori made an impression as she trotted after the procession, weaving between people if they didn't move aside fast enough for her liking. The chase was proceeding pretty well, not that the woman was making much of a show of it - she had lost one of her shoes, and was now hobbling away from joyous, excited dogs. It was easy enough for Akori to figure out where they were headed, and get ahead of them. Nimbly, she jumped up onto a table, and sat upon her haunches, tails spread out behind her. It was an utterly ridiculous pose, one that temple guardian nine-tails would use to show off how important they were.

She had to keep a grin from her jaws as the chase came towards her, the haggard 'prey's' eyes widening as she saw the four-tailed fox. Tilting her head at what she decided was an arrogant angle, Akori narrowed her eyes at the woman, studying her imperiously. Her gaze lingered on the fix-fur draped over her shoulders, and she allowed distaste to show on her face, managing to express emotion rather well, for a fuzzy, muzzled face.
"I do hope I don't have to point out the poetic justice here," she said, voice as clear as when she was a woman.
In a single motion, the kitsune leaped from the table, grabbing the fox-fur in her jaws as she sailed by the noble. Jerking her head, she pulled the fur free, carrying it away in her mouth. Standing, she tossed her head so the fur rested on her back, leaving her mouth free.
"I'll be taking this, thank you," she announced, before bobbing her head toward the assorted dogs, "Thanks for the help - get some grub, why don't you all?"
Seeking out Aspect, Akori grinned.
"Thank you, Aspect. I'll make sure this coat is treated with respect from now on."
Glancing about, Akori noticed the guards closing in, order having finally being restored - or at least someone figuring out they had to do something.
"This might be it for our fancy night out, however. Made it one to remember, though!" she winked, and danced aside as a man attempted to grab her, the now de-furred woman screeching and pointing at the mass of four-legged beasties.
"Meet up outside? I'm sure we can find some other party to join," Akori asked, not wanting to part ways just yet and have the fun end, but pretty sure they'd pushed this fancy do as far as they could.

Author: Aspect, Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:13 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect smiled as Akori clapped for her. She was fun and she really was enjoying spending the evening with her. She hoped it would last long after the festivities ended, but she would enjoy it while it lasted. The fox was talking about working up to some big feat, something that would be remembered for as long as possible. As she listened to the smaller woman, she reached over and grabbed another chocolate off the tray. She'd probably feel it in the morning if she ate too many, but that would be tomorrow's problem. Tonight she would enjoy herself and not worry about anything.

She glanced around the room for a moment before turning back to Akori. The fox was suddenly rather serious looking, her smile transformed quickly into a deep frown. She pointed out someone walking around the dance floor. Aspect followed her gaze towards a tall woman in painful-looking shoes. She had a dark dress, but that was scarcely visible underneath the large heavy fur coat. It took Aspect a minute before she realized Akori's displeasure was a result of the fur coat, the red fur being from other foxes. Ah, that would make her upset, she understood her frown now. It surprised her at how much her sadness hurt her as well. She felt compelled to do almost anything to see the fox smile again. 

She felt herself unconsciously shift into a little red fox in her chair. She stood up, putting her front paws on the table. She turned and looked at Akori, her ears forward and eyes bright. Her fluffy tail wagged slightly as she grinned. "Sit tight and watch," she said, her small white teeth shining. "The show will begin shortly." She jumped off the chair, turning swiftly back into a little bird and flying quickly out of the room. She ducked out the open door and over the guards and gates until she got to a quiet alley a short distance from the palace. She spotted who she was looking for and changed into her red mongrel dog form. A small group of other mongrels was in the alley, searching through the trash of the shops. She pitied them.

She spoke to them the best she could, explaining the situation. There was food for them inside the palace, but they needed heavy numbers to get through the guards. A pair of dogs took off to rally other groups to join their numbers as they made their way back towards the gate. Gradually their group swelled as the messengers returned with more dogs. They sat in front of the gate, patiently waiting to be let inside. Once she saw their numbers were sufficient, she stood up and slowly pushed towards the entrance of the palace. The guard attempted to stop her and she growled at him, the couple dogs behind her following suit until he backed off. There were more than a dozen of them now. Her pace quickened and before long the pack was racing across the tiled floors.

Several people in the hallway ran away in fright, others ducked into other rooms or pressed themselves against the walls. They stormed into the ballroom, women and men alike screaming at them. Some broke off and started tearing into the buffet tables, taking apart the beautiful food and floral arrangements. The sounds of several plates and cups hitting the floor and shattering echoed in the room. It took her a minute to locate Akori, still sitting patiently at the table they shared. It took her another minute to locate the fox-wrapped woman that had caused her so much distress. It took her no time at all to excite the other dogs and she led them on a jolly chase of the fox-covered woman around the room, the other dogs baying and howling in delight. 

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:01 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Akori nodded, a knowing look on her face. She looked oddly serious for all of a second, before she ruined the effect by chuckling, and discarding the expression for her more usual smile.
"Ah, I thought you were a mischief maker, the moment I saw you!" she commented, eyes twinkling with mirth.
Maybe this world wasn't so bad, if there were people like Aspect in it. Her planeswalking ability had seen the kitsune wander from one place to the next, without much to keep her attached to any one plane for too long. Sure, she had met people she liked, had fun, seen new things and places, just…nothing that really kept her attention. This was the most fun, most interesting and varied place she had been to in a long time. Maybe she'd stick around for a while.

Not that she actually decided where she'd planeswalk to. Sometimes not even when it would happen. It just occurred when she felt her interest in her current position waning.

The kitsune clapped, and even gave a cheer, when Aspect tossed the truffle in the air and caught it in her mouth. Some of the people passing by paused to shoot disapproving looks her way at the noise and at Aspect's boot on the table, but she cared not a jot. They could have their stuffy, snooty meet and greet yawnfest. She was here to party.
"Hm. We need to work our way up to something big. Something they'll talk abut for years. We need to find some big-wig, and put a bee in their bonnet, y'know?" she leaned an elbow on the table, and rested her chin in her hand. "I don't want anyone to get hurt, though. Just confused, amused, alarmed…" she trailed off as she pondered, plucking up a sweet to nibble on as she did so.

Spiking the punch, turning off the lights, inviting in some critters, all were good ideas. Her eyes wandered as she thought, scanning the room. Heaps of expensive fabric, swathes of colour, glimmering jewels - everything you'd expect from a fancy gig like this. Women giggling and batting their eyelashes, thinking they were subtle as they gazed at the partners available and wandering about the place. Men doing much the same. A sudden glimpse of russet fur caught her attention, and Akori did an almost comical double take. A woman, her nose canted into the air as if smelling something foul, made her way through the crowd. Clad in a silken dress adorned with far too many pearls, she must have thought herself rather dignified and noble. However, Akori's eyes narrowed, and her mouth curved downwards in a frown for, about the woman's shoulders, was a stole of fox fur.
"Her," the kitsune said, drawing Aspect's attention towards the fur-adorned woman, "with the fox-fur. I have an idea. How many dogs do you know?"
Akori was happy for people to do whatever they liked, with whomever they liked, as long as all were consenting, and no-one got hurt. However, hunting and wearing the fur of other creatures, just for fashion? Now that was something she wouldn't abide - especially because she might have known that fox, in a different time or place. How would a human feel, seeing someone draped in the hide of their kind?
"How about we have us bit of a chase? Show Ms Fur-wearing snooty pants just how frantic it can be," she suggested.

Oh, she knew hunting was part of life, and didn't begrudge those who killed out of necessity, but for vanity? No, that made the woman the ideal target for the next prank.

Author: Lou, Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:22 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect laughed lightly with the Akori as they sat at the table, sharing sweets and banter. She watched the trio of instruments the continue to harras the poor tuba for the candy. After a while, they fell down and still, simple instruments once again. She brushed her ear casually behind her ears, blushing slightly at the compliment. "Not my first time," she said giving her a grin. "Like you, I've also had some practice." She winked at her impulsively, rather surprised by her behavior. She was surprisingly comfortable in the company of the fox, it was unnerving but also exciting at the same time.

She lightly took the chocolate truffle that she pushed over towards her. She rolled it around in her fingers before throwing it up in the air and catching it in her mouth. She was quite glad she didn't decide to give this to the tuba, it was too good to waste on a piece of brass. She leaned back rather content in her chair, kicking a boot up on the edge of the table. "I don't know," she said as she put her hand on her chin. "I'm rather curious to see how much we can get away with before everyone else wises up and we get kicked out of this place. I wonder how much they will put up with."

She sat quietly in thought for a moment. She scanned around the room, casting a long glance at the ceiling before returning her gaze to the fox. "We could turn off the lights," she kept looking around the room. "Or we could spike the punch. I might be able to convince some street critters into coming into the building and causing trouble, but that would be difficult, especially with the guards outside. I don't know. I'd rather not cause serious damage or anything dangerous that could possibly result in someone getting to banged up. I understand that collateral happens, but I'd rather avoid it if we can."

She picked another sweet off the plate as she sat in thought. "Do you have anything in mind?" She asked, gesturing to her with her candy. She was curious to see what ideas the fox came up with this time. Her last idea was simply brilliant and it turned out flawlessly. They caused enough commotion to stall the proceedings and cause some trouble, but not enough that there was risk of serious damage or injury. Granted, she didn't really go out of her way to not cause damage or injury, but she would feel relatively bad if someone actually died as a result of their games. Talk about killing a party, but then again you can't have a funeral without some fun. 

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:22 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

When Aspect gripped her lower arm, Akori returned the other woman's grin with one of her own. Oh, this world had no idea what lay in store now she had found a willing and able compatriot. Never before had she had someone so willing and skilled assist her in pranks. Sure, there had been the odd one or two, but never someone with the talents Aspect possessed. The kitsune watched as the other shifter became a swallow, with a small amount of envy. Sure, she could become a fox at any time, and possessed no small amount of other magics, but Aspect could fly. Imagine all the places and things she could see if she could do that! The swallow rummaged through the sweets, putting a truffle aside for what Akori assumed was later consumption, and selecting a caramel to become the sacrifice. Swiftly, Aspect took wing, caramel clutched in her claws. Watching the sleek, dark shape wing its way over the orchestra, Akori smirked, and began to focus.

First, the trumpet. It was no small task to get the instrument to move and act alive from this distance, and in such a crowded place, but Akori managed it. There was no motivation for the kitsune like the promise of mischief and mayhem, and she applied herself to bending the metal to her will with gusto. The an playing the trumpet dropped it out of shock, but that was fine - it just gave her more to work with! Drumming her fingers on the table, she moved the buttons like legs, sending it careening after the airborne swallow. It was an ungainly thing, sliding, slipping, and bumping across the floor, but watching the formerly composed performers leap from its path was nearly enough to break her focus, it was so funny!
Next, a trombone - that would act as a snake, slithering and coiling about the floor - oh, but the flute, too! That had to join in. Let's see…that could be a worm, inching after the others, the straggling underdog in the quest for caramel.

Aspect swept towards the buffet tables, and the animated menagerie followed. As they moved, stray items along the table swelled their ranks. Knives swam like fish within the punch bowl, forks walked upon their tines, marching in unison after the swallow, and a butter-knife used its rounded blade to flip itself after the procession. Spying a half empty plate, Akori had it flip over, and begin inching forwards like a great, porcelain tortoise. Oh, she was going to be ravenous later she was using so much energy, but it was so much fun! Besides, there were so many emotions running riot in the ball-room, she could replenish herself simply by sitting here, and 'sipping' at it. It wasn't satisfying by any means, but it would stop her running empty, and keep the game going.
A man wielding a colander started after Aspect, and Akori grinned.
Oh no, we can't have that now, she thought to herself, and, with a flick, had his improvised tool become akin to a fish out of water, wriggling and squirming to be out of his grasp.
Really, she was surprised more people hadn't tried to go after Aspect - or noticed the grinning, giggling woman with the gleefully writhing fox-tails, pleased amongst a storm of confusion and befuddlement.

The assorted living items all jumped and squirmed and hopped after the hovering Aspect who, with a flourish, dropped the caramel into the horn of a tuba. Akori lost sight of Aspect as she presumably changed forms once more, but she kept the Holy Trinity of Animal Instruments after the caramel, while allowing the rest of her minions to fall still. Maybe she would pick them up again later, but for now, she was happy to let the Trinity attempt to wrest the caramel from their inert fellow for the time being.
When a bird landed on her shoulder, she grinned, watching the chaos they had caused.
"Well, I have had some practise", she remarked, with false modesty. Honestly, she was pleased as anything to have her magic complimented, rather than bemoaned, cursed, or seen as something evil, in some rather rare cases.
Akori was smiling as she watched the bird flapped from her shoulder, across the table, and became a woman again. Such fluid transitions from one form to the next - if she had seen Aspect become a fox and back, she would have thought the other woman a fellow kitsune.
"You were fantastic - the way you led them all on a merry chase!" she enthused, leaning across the table to push the chocolate truffle to Aspect, "I think you've earned this." Leaning back, Akori claimed a sweet for herself, gradually withdrawing her magic from the instruments one by one, until they all fell inert once more.

"Now…what should we do for our next trick?" she murmured, red-brown eyes scanning the room.

Author: Lou, Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:09 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect enjoyed talking with Akori. She was pleasant and a good conversationalist. It was nice having such a company for a change, no one chasing after her or trying to catch her or any such thing. She seemed to understand the struggles of being a shapeshifter and she wondered privately if she was a werefox as well as a beautiful woman. She was content to wait and see for herself after their game had been played. She would enjoy talking with her afterward. She laughed lightly at the thought of the nobility trying to make their own dresses and attire. Such excellent craftsmanship that they wore took years to perfect. They would merely scrape the surface of the art, and likely their end result would look rather poor and unfinished, even if they did pour their heart and soul into it.

She puffed up a little at the compliment of talent and power. It wasn't often that her forms caused such admiration. After mentioning the desire to animate the accessories of some of the women walking by, Akori motioned towards a woman with a mountain of hair piled neatly on her head. She had to give the fox credit to be able to see such small dainty bird figurines nestled amongst the chaotic nest. There were more knick-knacks and accouterments in her hair than she had seen in most trash cans or back alleys. It was such a mess she couldn't see how it was supposed to be beautiful. With a quiet word only she could hear, she watched the fox animate the birds in the nest. The results were brilliant.

She watched as the birds started to chirp and flutter about the poor woman's head. A large grin formed on her face, her sharp white teeth shining as bright as her eyes. At that moment, she loved that fox dearly, even though they had just met. What else could they do! Her mind was all a flurry with anticipation for the various pranks the two could accomplish. When Akori mentioned flying a piece of food up to the orchestra, her face lit up. She flashed her a smile and grabbed her loosely by the lower arm. She felt her heart begin to race in eagerness. "Consider it done!"

Within a moment, a sharp little swallow had taken her place in her chair. A bright white belly with a turquoise cape of feathers over her head and back, ending in a few black feathers along her primaries. She shifted through the stack of desserts on the plate, picking out first a small chocolate truffle, then deciding she'd rather have it to herself, exchanged it for a caramel nut thing. Gripping it in a claw, she determined that a caramel was a small loss, who liked it anyway? Between the color and the taste, it was a nasty little candy. In a flip of feathers, she flew quickly through the room, above the dancers and the other occupants. She hovered over the brass section of the orchestra.

As promised, a trumpet started acting up, growing longer as the end of the horn started moving independently of the musician. The poor man was startled so badly he dropped his instrument on the floor. She dipped her feathers and dived by the instrument, letting it catch the scent of the candy. She glanced behind her and saw it start chasing after her, using its buttons as three awkward little legs. It looked like a broken dog as it scampered across the floor ducking under chairs, following the scent of the candy. By this point the rest of the orchestra had stopped playing as they watched the rogue trumpet trot after her, running blindly into legs, chairs, stands, and other things. As she went, she saw a long brass instrument start moving on its own accord, probably a trombone.

She smiled as she saw it uncurl itself from its own person and started slithering across the floor, like a large metal snake. She looked at Akori still sitting at the table, watching with a big smile on her face, even though she was trying to hide her amusement. The trombone and the trumpet both chased after her as she ducked through the orchestra section, dipping swiftly around the obstacles, eventually reaching the end of the orchestra block and then weaving around people on the dance floor. She heard a couple shrieks as the instruments made their way noisily through the room. A flute sprung free from its musician and started inching after her like a worm. The woman that originally played it appeared to faint onto the person next to her. Aspect let out a laugh. The fox was really outdoing herself. 

The small parade of instruments followed her as she swept over the refreshment tables. A group of unattended knives jumped up and followed her a short distance before diving into the large punch bowl and swimming around like a group of silverfish. The instruments clunked and clanged behind her, knocking a few items off the table. She heard a dish or two break on the hard floor. A man rushed towards her with what appeared to be a colander of all things in an attempt to try and catch her. She dodged his attempt easily, surprised more people weren't trying to catch her as well. She flew back towards the orchestra section, hovering over the largest tuba she could find. The instruments followed her and leaped up to get the candy from her. At the last second, she dropped it into the horn of the large instrument and ducked out of sight. She changed silently into the form of a wasp as she hid behind a few pages on a music stand. 

The three other animated instruments appeared to be attacking the tuba in an attempt to get the candy hidden deep inside its pipes. Satisfied, she flew back over to Akori, shifting back into her sparrow form and perching proudly on the fox lady's shoulder. They could see the uproar from their seats as people attempted to break up the fight. She was rather amused and smiled smugly to herself. "I do say," she said quietly. "That was quite a show. Very impressive." She flew back to her seat, changing back into her human form, while still watching the goingson. She turned and looked at the fox. "That was a great idea."

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:39 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Akori watched as the cheetah became a woman, and rather than appear surprised, she simply seemed pleased. It was always interesting to meet other shapeshifters, though this was her first time with a cheetah-shifter. Folk such as the kitsune were not exactly common on her homeworld, though neither were they unheard of. Simply somewhat of a curiosity amongst a populace generally trying to get through life. Still, from a quick glance just about this room, Akori could see that, finally, she had found a place where that was different. As for who was what, though, well. That would take some conversations and such to establish, a task she would undertake after some fun and games.

"When you can change form that smoothly, you don't need a fancy dress," Akori said, waving a hand dismissively. While she had, indeed, chosen to wear a fancy dress, Akori fully understood where the other woman was coming from. It was a shame to wear something just the once, especially if it was difficult to change forms in. Luckily, Akori's brand of shape-changing meant she could keep the clothes she was wearing whilst switching back and forth, a fact she had used and abused more than once in her life. As for the gown, well, it just encouraged Akori to wear this dress again in the future. You know, assuming she could find a way to store it safely in her travel-pack. And found an occasion that called for it.
"They flaunt wealth and time, you showcase talent and power," the kitsune remarked, the comment oddly thoughtful for her, "Though, if some of those people made their own clothes, that would be interesting."

Oh, this Aspect was a woman after her own heart! Akori's grin turned crafty, and she leaned back in her chair so that she could keep an eye on those the other woman pointed out.
"Like this?" she asked, coyly, jerking her head towards a woman with a ludicrous amount of hair piled atop her head. Amongst the coiffed locks, coiled and braided into what looked to Akori like a fuzzy, head-based mountain, there were myriad chains bearing jewels, bells, and even some flowering vines. As well as some rather realistic looking modelled birds.
With a whisper of power, Akori sent her magic into those birds, imbuing them with enough energy to send them all chirping and cheeping. One even flapped its wings as it trilled, beady eyes bright with enchanted life.
With a yelp, the noble, composed woman stumbled, arms flailing upwards to scale Hair Mountain, and attempt to figure out what was making all that noise, and how. The people around her stopped and stared, some even starting forwards as if to assist.

Akori was well pleased with the prank, chuckling behind a raised hand least anyone connect the dots. So, her magic worked perfectly on this world! She hadn't been sure what she could do, past shapeshifting, but here was proof her repertoire of tricks was intact. Excellent. The possibibilites! Aspect and she could pull all sorts of pranks!
"We could combine tricks - you fly up with some food, I animate that trumpet like it's an elephant's trunk, reaching for the food," Akori plotted, leaning across the table in her enthusiasm, "Have a little game of chase, ending with you clogging the pipe."

It would definitely liven this party up!

Author: Aspect, Posted: Sun Dec 9, 2018 2:02 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect nodded, she understood where the fox was coming from. They likely wouldn't be invited to a venue like this again, at least for a while. She wasn't worried about it. She didn't really have much to lose or gain either way, but she would indulge in the food that was available. It was of good quality and it was the sort of food she liked, so why not. She shook herself, once again taking her human form in her dark shirt, pants, and boots. She brushed her red hair out of her face as she also picked at the plates of treats. She chuckled at the comment on her cheetah form.

"I appreciate that," she said smiling between pieces of chocolate. "Frankly, I'm just too poor and lazy to afford a nice dress, mostly lazy. I just don't see the point in only wearing something nice for an evening, and then never wearing it again. It seems a bit like a waste, at least to me anyway. It's hard to change forms in nice clothing, too great a chance of damage." She leaned back against the chair. She nodded in agreement when the fox mentioned that the nobility was rather bored out on the dance floor. The fox gave them a thoughtful look as she turned her attention to them. 

She laughed quietly as she proposed that they make the evening a night to remember. "I wouldn't be against the idea," she said leaning towards her. "It's times like this where I wish I was capable of magic. Like making some of their accessories have a little more life in them." She casually pointed out the women as they went by. "The emerald snake necklace on her neck. The jewel beetle on her broach. The small pin shaped like a bat. The metal dragonfly hair clip. All of them would be so much fun to animate. Not to cause serious harm or anything, but just to liven up the party a little."

She nodded her head. "My name's Aspect. It's a pleasure to meet you Akori," she helped herself to the plate of chocolates. She brainstormed with the fox what they could do. She didn't know if the fox could do magic or not. "We could put some food in the musical instruments. I could fly up and drop some in, these toffees would be big enough to clog a pipe in a horn or something. I don't really know what to do? Do you have any ideas?" She picked at the plate as listened to the fox.

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Sat Dec 8, 2018 12:55 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Some may have held the belief that, after a couple of the sweet treats, Akori would grow bored and seek out something else. Maybe some would have thought that, being somewhat fox-like, she would have preferred savoury foods, or some of the finely roasted meats. The thing was, unlike the mundane foxes, Akori supplemented her diet with something a bit more…esoteric. Namely, life energy. Now, don't get her mixed with those blood-thirsty vampires. She was nothing of the sort - wasn't all that fond of the smell of blood, let alone the taste. No, Akori more or less 'sipped' from the energy of others, using their energy to fuel her own magic. Strong emotions were best, like joy, anger, sorrow, excitement, lust, those sort of moods. Of those, Akori found she preferred the 'happier' ones, those both easier and safer to promote in others, and 'tasting' better. Light, fluffy, and sweet, like this cake, or rich, luxurious, and indulgent, like this treacle tart. The kitsune was happiest when others around her were happy, and not just because she could easily feed. It was just nice to be around joyful people, and if she could cheer others up in some way, well, all the better, right? No-one should have to go through life upset or sad. It was also partially why she had actually put some effort in and learned how to sing and play instruments. What better way to get a party started than by brining the music?

If anyone were to ask, Akori wouldn't have been able to tell if she liked sweet foods because she liked happy energy, or the other way around. She had been this way for as long as she could remember, it was something that was just bound to her very essence. So she didn't take offence or become self conscious when the cheetah commented on her chosen foods, simply giving a small, pleased smile in acknowledgement.
"I'll more than likely never be invited back to patron the kitchens - might as well make the most of it!" Akori replied, her smile turning a touch mischievous as she popped a small, coconut dusted dough-ball into her mouth. She chewed, relishing the flavours and textures of the food. Delicious! A shame she wouldn't likely be invited back, well, at least not officially. There were not many places that could keep a determined kitsune out for very long.
Swallowing, Akori chuckled, giving a small, seated bow at the compliment. Of course she looked good, she worked very hard at it - okay, no, she couldn't even think that with a straight face. She was an unapologetic cheat. What good were shape-shifting powers if you weren't going to use them?
"There's not a noble bone in my body. I'm as common as rain in the north," she didn't know if that saying would really apply on this world, but hopefully her companion would get the jist. Akori glanced aside, looking the same way as the cheetah, watching all the wanton wealth and power so blatantly on display. The glimmering, shimmering things were pretty, the dresses gorgeous and sweeping, but if the soul wasn't there, then it all felt a little empty. If the people wearing them weren't having fun, or enjoying themselves, it seemed to dull the air around them.
"I think you look better than those nobles, anyway. Nothing quite matches a cheetah for looks," Akori complimented back as she turned her attention back to the conversation at hand.

Akori's eyes gleamed, and her face split into a wide grin at the mention of 'excitement'. The look was one well known by her family and a rather a few victims of pranks as one that heralded trouble. The glint in her eye had precluded many a mishap, misadventure, and brush with danger, all of which she greeted with great enthusiasm, and shrieking laughter. Her tails writhed, as if possessed of a life all their own and wanting to go and play now, while Akori herself simply nodded.
"They do look rather bored, don't they?" she agreed, "Why, I think some of them are at risk of nodding off!"
Chewing on a fruit-filled pie, Akori looked thoughtful. Swallowing the mouthful, she put a finger to her chin, casting a look around at the people nearby.
"Yes, I think it would be our duty to ensure people have a night to remember, don't you agree?"
Rubbing her hands together, clearing them of any crumbs or smears, Akori nodded to the cheetah.
"I'm sure there's a lot you and I can do to make sure of that. Name's Akori - looking forward to livening up this party with you."
Inclining her head, the kitsune gestured to the plate before her.
"And feel free to help yourself. Sooner it's gone, the sooner we can get the games started!"

Author: Aspect, Posted: Fri Dec 7, 2018 12:44 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect watched the party from her perch in the tall chair by an empty table. Her keen feline eyes took in everything, and her sharp pointed ears absorbed everything that couldn't be taken in by her eyes. They flicked back in forth in order to take in as much sound as she could. She sat still and quiet, almost a statue. She didn't want to dance, she didn't really even want to participate. She just the thought the formal dance would be more interesting than anything she would be doing otherwise, like hunting mice, or stealing scraps and getting in trouble, or, lords forbid, reading a book or doing something else equally painful and mundane. 

She was amused, however, and frankly rather entertained over the course of the evening. More than a few women stumbled in their too tall shoes, causing them to flail about like a tree in a hurricane until their partner or another individual steadied them out. A couple even flat out fell down on the floor. For these, she couldn't help but give a toothy grin and turn away for a moment so it wasn't so evident she had been staring at them. She saw one lady even step through her dress, resulting in a nice hole in the fabric a few inches above the bottom seam. Yes, this was definitely better than running around outside alone, doing who knew what. 

She saw a young lady walking around in a brilliant blue dress with an impressive train off the back. At least she thought it was a train. After further observation, it was evident that the train consisted of four foxtails. Aspect was slightly surprised by this but she had seen stranger things before. The fox girl was easy enough to keep track of and she amused herself by watching her seemingly desperate attempts to get a partner to dance with her. She wanted to dance with someone, that much was evident. However, she didn't seem to be the needy type, so after a short while of waiting, she went off towards the refreshments table. She lost track of her for a time and contented herself with observing the other patrons. She gave a smug grin as she saw a young man walk by with what appeared to be either blood, wine, vomit, or all three splattered on his white dress shirt. That's never coming out, she thought to herself.

She curled her long tail absentmindedly around the leg of the chair, tightened it as much as it would go, before uncurling it and curling it back around the other way. She let out a soft purr and let her eyes fall half closed, rather content with the evening's events. A flash of blue out of the corner of her eye drew her attention back to the fox lady. This time the young lady was seen carrying a large platter of food, piled high with all sorts of the different delicacies. She watched her carry the plate over to the table without missing a beat or spilling any of the items. She wouldn't say so, but she found the accomplishment impressive.

She sat down next to her and waved her hand in her direction. She inclined her head pleasantly and gave her a smile. The fox lady mentioned one of the desserts she had just eaten, commenting on how good it was. Impulsively, she leaned forward and looked at the different items that were collected on the plate. There was a very vast selection of desserts, pastries, mousses, miniature pies and cakes, and other unidentifiable things. "I don't see anything of real substance here besides sweets," she commented coolly. "No matter. Life's too short to save them for last anyway. A girl after my own heart, that's something I can appreciate." She gave her a toothy grin and her eyes sparkled.

Upon being offered the chocolate and ginger she bent over to sniff it carefully, before delicately picking it off the table. It was a strange dessert, unlike anything she'd had before with a rather exotic taste. After swallowing, she sat back up, leaning against the back of the chair while splitting her gaze between the fox and the plate of desserts. "Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but you don't strike me as the noble sort. This isn't a bad thing, just merely an observation. Your manner gives you away, you aren't as snobbish or uppity as them." She nodded her head to the side, gesturing to the actual wealth in the room that showed up just to show off to the rest. "Though you play the part well in appearance."

Her blue eyes sparkled as she hunched her back a little, her hackles rising slightly. She smiled mischievously at the fox. She knew how they worked, and together they could be a mighty team in order to mix up the formal air of the party a little. The formality of it was draining and frankly getting to be rather dull. "Finish what you have there," she gestured to the plate. "Afterwards, would you like to have a little fun with the rich ones?" She raised an eyebrow and cocked an ear. "This party is getting a little stuffy for me. I think it would do these folks well to have a little excitement in their day, don't you think?"

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:37 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

The dancers moved with such grace, it seemed they were floating. Dipping and swaying in time to the gentle music, arms sweeping out in wide arcs to best display draping sleeves and shapely arms, elegant fingers splayed and shimmering with gems. Beautiful women and handsome, dashing men, moving across the polished floor. It was certainly much more extravagant than anything else the kitsune had ever seen on her home-world. It was almost like a fairy-tale, or something out of a bard's tale. All the nobility gathered together, for one night of food, song, and dance - only it wasn't just the nobility present. The Ball had been an open invite event, meaning anyone could attend - which was why Akori hadn't sneaked her way in, and had bothered with a dress. Akori wasn't of high-birth, or even notable parentage. She was a simple, run of the mill, thunder-kitsune. Not for her were the great gatherings of the blue-bloods, the political mingling, and the cloak-and-dagger scheming behind pretty, polite smiles. Akori was more of a knees up in the bar kind of girl - sure, it wasn't the classiest of parties, but it had its benefits. It was much more energetic for one, even if there wasn't so many pretty people about. Besides, it seemed like so much effort to act like you were better than others because of your birth, or to plot and scheme behind their backs. It was easier to just say what you thought, be friends with everyone, and just enjoy life. It was too short to waste on silly things, after all.

On the tail of that thought, Akori decided to stop waiting for someone to come and dance with her. There was only so much pointed waiting and glancing at single, stationary people she could do. While usually she would have thought nothing of going up to someone and dragging them to the dance-floor, her mind was especially distracted by all the shiny things, rich smells, and interesting sounds. She couldn't focus on any one thing for too long, and found she wanted to experience it all. Flicking her tails, Akori spun on a heel, and decided to start with the food. Akori disregarded the dance-floor for now, and moved back towards the tables - particularly the one holding desserts. She'd load up on some good, sweet food, and be ready for some proper dancing later! Besides, there was plenty of food, and it would be a shame to see it go to waste. It really was only polite to partake of it, really. 'Always be gracious to your host' her mother had said, and part of that was eating if there was food offered. Also, no burping at the table, don't lean on your elbows, and no flicking peas at your siblings. The latter especially - the Renu family had long since stopped serving peas at clan gatherings since the Great Food Fight at Akori's one-hundredth birthday. There were still pea-green stains on the rug in the dining cavern to this day.

Arriving at the table, Akori smiled sweetly at the others present.
"Some spread, right?" she commented, swiftly claiming a plate for herself even as she looked over the assorted delicacies. To the amused looks of those nearby, the kitsune started to delicately select an item here and there, placing it on her plate. Those looks became somewhat incredulous as, even as her plate became more than half full, she continued pick out one of everything, cramming it onto the plate balanced on her hand. Finally, with a small pyramid of desserts piled on her platter, Akori grinned and nodded. That would be more than enough to start off with! Disregarding the stares and puzzled looks of the people about the buffet table, Akori simply hummed happily, and gazed adoringly at her pile of food, much like a dragon adoring its hoard.

Pleased with her haul, Akori turned, and made her way to a table with empty seats. Plopping down into one, Akori popped one of the sweet pastries into her mouth before she even looked around at who else was at the table. Upon seeing a cheetah, of all things, the kitsune waggled the fingers of one hand in greeting, licking the fingers of her other clean as she did so.
"You've got to try the…well, whatever that was. Delicious. Think it was chocolate something or other," picking up a doughy thing, Akori saw it was studded in chunks of ginger, and she wrinkled her nose. She wasn't a huge fan of it, unless it was gingerbread, and, holding it between forefinger and thumb, she placed it on the table.
"You can have that one, if you like ginger," the kitsune offered, scooting it towards the cheetah with a finger. She didn't find it all odd that a cheetah was sat at a table, watching people - she herself often did much the same, just as a fox.

Author: Aspect, Posted: Wed Dec 5, 2018 12:47 PM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

Aspect walked up the stone steps of the palace with her hands buried in her jacket pockets and her collar flipped up. After getting word about an open invitation to the Celestial Ball she decided that expensive elegant dresses were far too restrictive and overrated. Everyone wore them, even the poorer folks found some nice clothes to wear to an event like this. As she stopped at the top of the stairs and looked over the impressive palace, people in their fancy dresses and suits walked by, some even going so far as to turn an look at her. She concluded that they were probably wondering why she was here. In her simple leather jacket, dark pants and worn boots, she did look relatively out of place. 

No matter, what she couldn't match in fabric, she could match in her pelts. She closed her eyes and shifted into the form of a King Cheetah. The large cat was a beautiful cream color, instead of the standard tan, with large black blotches instead of small spots. Several streaks of black went down the length of her spine and melted into the spots on her tail. She stood on her long thin legs and perked her ears forward. She held her head high, her large eyes accented by the black teardrop pattern. She had no need for makeup. She walked slowly into the palace, seeing more people turn and stare at her. She glanced at them casually as she went by, flicking an ear in their direction. She wouldn't worry about them.

She took long strides and reached the ballroom in no time. Her tail flicked behind her as she made her way inside. People continued to stop and stare at her. She didn't need a dress or fancy clothes to bring attention. This form suited the purpose just fine. She was dressed for the occasion now, and it didn't cost her a penny. She gave a toothy smile as she made her way through the crowd. It was a nice party, though there were more inside than out in the city at this point. It seemed like everyone had come. She walked over towards the tables and seating, before leaping gracefully into an empty chair. She sat herself down and watched the proceedings from her perch, casually twisting and untwisting her long tail around the legs of the chair. 

She saw men and women and hybrids of all sorts walking around, socializing, dancing, some were even eating. She saw a few other beasts in the facility with her, dogs, domestic cats, and some birds. Likely familiars or other shapeshifters like herself. Even a centaur made an appearance, which she was rather surprised to see. Usually, they were party crashers, but this one seemed to be fine. A few giants were socializing off to the side as well. A strong odor caught her attention and she turned her head up to catch the scent better. It was coming from the food tables. From her vantage point, she could see all sorts of delicacies and treats. There were meats of all sorts, dishes of vegetables, a massive stack of all kinds of fruits, casseroles, plates of pasta, and many rolls and types of bread. A whole table was dedicated entirely to desserts and pies. She'd have to visit that table sooner rather than later, she didn't want all the good stuff to be gone. 

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Tue Dec 4, 2018 6:36 AM, Post Subject: [o] Painting the Town Red

"Whew, this is a bit fancy," Akori breathed, looking about the vast Celestial Hall. Her eyes gleamed as she took in the floating sconces, the polished stone, and the myriad colourful outfits. She hadn't been on this world that long, all told, but one world was much the same as another to a kitsune. Sure, she wasn't expecting to be dumped from one place to the next quite so unawares, but hey, this place was interesting, there was new stuff to look at, and - oh! Free food! Practically dancing across the floor towards the laden tables, Akori placed a finger to pursed, red lips as she looked over the delectable offerings. There were names by each of the foods, and Akori was assuming that they were not, in fact, the names of the dishes, but rather those that had provided them. It wasn't that she knew anyone to whom the names applied, but rather that she knew that wasn't how you spelled mashed-potatoes.

Catching the sound of music, Akori was distracted from the allure of free grub by another of her passions. Tails flicking - because she decided the best accessory to her rather swishy dress was four, vulpine tails poking out the back - Akori wandered towards the dance-floor like one following a siren-song. She watched the dancers, swaying for a moment or two in time to the music. Most were dancing in pairs, and she hadn't a partner. Not that the absence of one would stop her, but it was so much nicer to dance with someone. She cast a look about for anyone she could drag onto the floor. It wasn't everyday she scraped together all of her money, as well as accepting some odd jobs, to pay for a rather spectacular dress so she could attend a Ball. No, normally she would have simply sneaked in, and had some fun that way, but sometimes, she just wanted to looked pretty, be admired, and have a nice, dashing gentleman (or woman) come and sweep her into a dance.

Hey, who could blame a girl for dreaming, right?

Dress