Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Demon on Holy Ground [open,r,event]
Rikichi

Character Info
Name: Rikichi Kuromiya
Alignment: TN
Race: Half Demon
Class: Rurouni
Silver: 170
“It’s cold.”

“I told you to prepare for it. You thought I was merely jesting, right Phyxica?”

Rikichi hadn’t planned on attending the Ball at first, but at the request of his father, he obliged. Of course, he didn’t want to go stag to the affair so he decided to bring in his business associate. She, of course, wasn’t too keen to the weather up here, as seen from her shivering in her light cloak. How she’d let him talk her into this was beyond her- aside from the cold, she wasn’t a people person. And in truth, neither was he, yet appearances were important enough for a reason of coming. As they climbed up the stairs leading to the Cathedral, He watched the drifting snowfall around them. It really didn’t snow in Ataiyo even during the most bitter of days, so the couple wasn’t really accustomed to it. But fortunately, they wouldn’t have to endure it for very long once they stepped inside.

The party was as lively as the invitation had suggested, the band’s melody gave their audience the case of dancing fever. Brushing over the light blanket of snow off his elegant wardrobe, Rikichi looked to Phyxica who seemed to still be a bit grumpy over the climate change. “Come now, smile. Do you not want to be the bell of the ball?” The short albino drow glanced over with a scornful look in her crimson eyes and he snickered a bit before dropping it. “Besides, think of the clients you could meet with. Didn’t you say that you wanted to deal with some new people?”

“No. If memory serves me right, and I know it does, it was that I’m tired of seeing you constantly come in and out of my shop.” Still, the prospects of gaining more clientele were one of the few reasons why she agreed to come to this ridiculous party, to begin with. Among these partygoers, she was hoping to meet up with even one that was interested in the wares that she dabbled in. After all, lovely little toxic concoctions were always in demand- one just needed to find the right sort of person that needed it for whatever reason. Whether it be for petty revenge or to climb the noble ladder, it mattered little to her the purpose. “Still missing your kimono?”

Rikichi did feel a little out of place without his normal attire, but it was a special occasion, even more so since the world they knew was to go on another day. Something about a war on giant bugs or something, the details were very hazy to him but it didn’t matter. It was probably the main reason why everyone was in a cheerful mood and why the bash was thrown.

As they walked, he felt eyes upon them, or rather him. Causally glancing about, it didn’t take long before he understood why it was the case. Angels, or at least some of them with the blood of the holy creatures, they knew what he was just as much as he knew of them. Even if he wasn’t the evil of sort many depicted demons as it did nothing to ease the tensions that the two sides have been in for eons. But he wouldn’t play their game, no no. He dismissed the whole concept and shifted his attention to Phyxica who looked stunning in her sapphire dress. “The clash of the colors with your hair and dress really does bring out your beauty…”

“Save it for someone that will work on, Rikichi”, she muttered before she departed from him. “I’ll be around if you need me.” Of course, that meant that his chances of finding her were slim, but she was, of course, his date for the evening and managed to accompany him without him coming by his lonesome. He was at least grateful for that much work. With that said and then, he gave her a playful shrug and then made his way over to the refreshments, where there was an alcoholic drink that he didn’t quite recognize but decided to test the waters.