Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Is it...dead?[P/R]
SilverWind

Character Info
Name: Aeolus the Silver Wind
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Draconian
Class: Celestial Spellsword
Silver: 837
It had been a strange thing to be contacted by Corydalis so suddenly, but since she had already helped both Aeolus and Rosemary once, the celestial draconian felt it would be a wise idea to return the favor. Besides, Corydalis was borderline family at this point, and, well…what else was he doing? She had been fairly cryptic with her instructions, however Aeolus got most of what he needed. Rosemary was more than excited to visit the mountainous region they were headed for, so she needed barely an excuse to set off.

So, within a day of receiving this information, Aeolus piloted the Silver Rose to the Zets’ki Cradle, landing expertly in the docks provided. It was colder than he had expected, so he was wearing his heavier, black overcoat over his normal armor. As the two disembarked, they made their way through the town. The silver haired man had already warned Rosemary not to get too distracted. Supposedly, there was a man’s life on the line.

“All right,” Aeolus said as they exited the town, following what looked like a faint trail. “I think he came this way. Let’s go…” He glanced back smiling at Rosemary. “Just let me know if you get too cold, or if you get tired.” With that, they set off. It wasn’t long until they found a cave system. That was where the obvious trail ended. The celestial frowned. “She didn’t tell us about this…” He looked around. “No real signs of which direction he went into the caves…and I bet it’s a complicated system.”

He crossed his arms. “Any ideas, Rose?”

Rosemary

Character Info
Name: Rosemary-Raine
Alignment: CG
Race: Angel/Rosenite
Class: Potato
Silver: 1942
Rosemary had dressed for the weather of Zets’Ki Cradle but it didn’t mean she still didn’t get cold. She pulled the fur cloak around her and gave Aeolus a smile. “I should be alright. Besides I worry about you more so than myself I come to Zets’Ki a lot on my own.”

Once they made it to the end of the trail Rose looked up at Aeolus and shook her head. “Her visions aren’t complete like an actual oracle so it doesn’t shock me that we are meeting the end of her help.” She took a sigh and looked around.

It was the scent she picked up with her very sensitive nose that made her eyes grow. “This scent… Aeolus I can smell the blood of my niece!” Osiria… What the hell did she have to do with all of this? She was a troublemaker sure but what the hell? She grabbed Aeolus’s hand and pulled him along.

“There’s a strong scent of blood help me follow it…” But she could still pick up the faint smell of Osiria. “Osiria… What the hell did you get involved in now?” There was worry in her voice as her little legs carried her through the caverns. Finally, the caverns broke into a room and she could see nothing but carnage in front of her. "but…" No, Osiria. Instead, the smell was coming from a man. "Where is she?"

Raize

Character Info
Name: Rhenakos Raize
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Berserker/Hunter
Silver: 1658
Aeolus scanned the room before entering. Whatever had happened had been messy. There was blood all over the place, and not one, but two bodies laying in the center of the room. From what the celestial could tell, it was more or less a demonic style ritual, though incomplete.

He moved closer to the two bodies. “What the…is…is it dead?” Aeolus asked, nudging the first body with his foot. There was barely a motion in its chest.

“Oh great,” Aeolus said with a sigh, kneeling down. “It’s alive. He…” The celestial looked the body over. “It’s a mix of his blood and…” Aeolus glanced to the other body. “That thing’s. And you said Osiria’s blood is here too?” He frowned. Things were very unclear.

For now we should take him back to Zets’ki. At worst, we can leave him in the care of the healers there.

Aeolus placed his hand down, and let the mana flow from his body. “Heal!”

Immediately, Rhenakos’ eyes shot open, one a bloodshot green, the other a bloody mess of red. He let out a cry of agony, which caused Aeolus to jump back and put his hand on his blade.

“How is he!?” the celestial called out, alarmed as Rhenakos staggered to his feet, reaching out to his savior.

“You…you should have just left me for….left me for dead,” the crimson haired man growled. The effects of the healing spell were starting to work already, though, and soon Rhenakos was able to stand straight. There was still a look of madness in his eyes and he turned his gaze around to Rosemary.

“You…you smell like her…” The world for Rhenakos was hazy, yet oddly clear. His vision swam with blood, but his senses were on fire. He could feel things he hadn’t been able to before, hear things far off, and smell scents like never before.

“You smell like…” Rhenakos raised his hand and pointed.

“She smells like me, right?” he heard from his side. Rhenakos glanced to his left to see her amber eyes staring at him, a half cocked smile across her face.

“Yes…like you…” he said, looking back to Rosemary.

Aeolus was still on his guard, blade half drawn.

“Don’t worry…I won’t do anything,” Rhenakos said finally, dropping his hand. “Though…I would prefer it if you ended me here. It would save the rest of the world a lot of trouble…” He looked down, staring at his hands.

“I killed her…I’ve killed so many…”

Aeolus looked to Rosemary with a questioning look. Is he dangerous, or just delusional?

Rhenakos shook his head. “Osiria…I’m sorry…” he whispered, his voice quivering.

“Move your ass already,” Osiria’s voice said. “Don’t you dare cop out now, you ass. At the very least you owe it to my family.”

“Fine, fine…” Rhenakos replied, sniffling as he looked back to Aeolus and Rosemary. “Osiria is dead. I killed her…”

Bite me.