Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Having a Ball of a time [P,R?]
elusivephantom
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Kale Grenich
Alignment: CN
Race: Human...
Class: Psychic
Silver: 1468
It was quite an adjustment, missing an arm. The young man had begun adjusting as best he could, but it was a difficult process. Kale had kept away from the public of late. A very select few knew of his latest challenge, but even fewer knew why. This was an occasion, however, and could not be ignored. It was time to head back into the fray. Kale's outfit hadn't changed, even in light of such a grand occasion; his hair was an unkempt mess but what more could anyone expect? He wore black pants, white shirt, and a green overcoat. Needless to say, he'd crafted these clothes well before the loss of his arm. Now, the right sleeve of his overcoat and the shirt sleeve within remained limp at his side.

Bare feet set upon near-ethereal platforms descending like stairs to an outcropping… a balcony of polished onyx. Kale lifted an eyebrow at the spectacle before him; onyx floors polished to a mirror-like surface, azure walls carved into ostentatious displays, and enchantments meant to convey the feeling of dancing among the starts. "I bet this was Angela's handiwork," Kale said with a shake of his head. He shook himself briefly and held his head high as he walked into the elaborate ball, thankful he avoided the main entrance and some obnoxious announcements of arrival.

The band swept into a waltz, drawing a mass of people to the floor and further separating the one-armed man from the food and drinks. Without missing a step, Kale lifted into the air over the mass and gently set foot beside the spread. Food and drink of all kind was there, provided by the gods and, no doubt, tainted by their odd sense of comedy. Kale grimaced as he took a cup of strange liquid and poured it out a nearby window. He learned long ago not to trust food at these sorts of things; he still remembered the last ball he attended before this world and shuddered at the recollection. Instead, he took the now-empty cup and, after an odd motion of trying to pass the thing off to a non-existent hand, set the cup on the window ledge. He slipped out a flask from his side and filled his cup from it with a very strong liquor. Kale put the flask away and, in one fluid motion, grasped the cup in his left hand as he spun around to watch the party before him.

"Bottom's up," he said to himself with a grim smile, "This is bound to be a long and painful night." He took a swig and resigned himself to staying as out of the way as possible.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
There was a lurker in the crowd that night. Watching his every move and taking in the sight. It might have been a bit creepy if it hadn’t have been for his reaction the last time she was about. So she didn’t stir and she took in the sounds. That was until he spoke her name and there was a giggle. She wasn’t responsible for this building but the ball maybe so.

“And what pray tell are you doing here if you hate it so much.” Arms slinked around him and she pressed her lips to his ear. “It’s sort of endearing that you think of me even though you dislike me so. Some part of me really thinks you actually love me in your own way.” She rubbed his right stub and let a tsk leave her mouth. “Must you mutilate yourself? Really, Kale, you are way too handsome to be doing that for attention.” It was a jest as she reached her hand up and booped his nose slightly.

Coming out from around him she was dressed for the evening in a gorgeous purple gown. Her red hair was almost too wild but controlled in a way. “I’m sorry I haven’t’ been able to be such a pain in your ass lately. Things were bad there for a bit… You know almost dying from my spheres changing. I didn’t have anything to do with this building by the way.” She slinked over to his arm and took it in hers. “This building is older than I am and that’s saying something. This ball, however, was an idea by someone else entirely and they asked the gods to come help.”

Her aura was much more loving than the earthly tone she had before. “You could say I suppose that my mother attitude has increased with my domain change. You simply must come to my temple. I think as a man of the sky and ocean you would adore my Twilight Beach.”

Finally, the smile faded and she kissed his cheek. “Seriously Kale… why didn’t you just come to me? Look at your poor arm…” She gave him a frown and shook her head. “I know that you don’t want my help but I can’t help but try. You push me away and it does make me sad.”

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
elusivephantom
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Kale Grenich
Alignment: CN
Race: Human...
Class: Psychic
Silver: 1468
Arms wrapped around him like tentacles and a whispered jest filled his ear. A hand slid across what remained of his shoulder and Kale pulled away. "I figured it was time to try and claw my way back up from the depths," he said, sipping at the glass containing his own drink, "Things have happened that have put my life in a new perspective." The liquor that graced his tongue made him freeze for a moment, tensing and fighting an urge. Eye closed and the man took a few deep breathes before finally opening his eyes once more. By this point, the goddess had slipped around in front of him. "You may find it endearing, but you are still my Sister. Further, it's not you I dislike. It's the way you dote on me as if I were one of your many children. We were once equals, you and I, and you treated me as a sibling then. Why must you change that now?"

Kale drained the amber liquid from his glass and quickly filled it again; this was proving more difficult than he'd expected. "As for my arm," he said with a hint of annoyance, "That's compliments of Dalanesca. I needed information and this was the price I paid to get it, though I didn't think it was part of the deal at the time. Besides, it's been known to throw off any would-be attackers, not that I ever needed help in that department." He lifted the glass in his left hand towards Angela. "Cheers," he said before taking a long drink.

"Things were bad," he said with a laugh and a motion of his shoulder, "I'd say things were pretty bad on my end, too." As much as it might sound like a malicious comment to outsiders, Kale had faith that Angela knew him well enough to catch the bit of dark humor in his words, "But I did notice something different about you. But that's a story for you to tell in your own time, I suppose. But this place, the ball I mean, is at least in part due to your contribution. I know how you like your jokes." He lifted his glass and shook it a little, indicating he meant that he'd brought his own drink. "I was a deity once, too. I remember how much chaos they wreak for personal amusement."

The mention of visiting Angela's temple nearly caused Kale to spit the liquid from his mouth. "I uh," he said with a panicked pause, "I think it's best I avoid that place. Word on the winds is that you have some affiliation with a… creature called Nemesis. We may have some history of an antagonistic nature."