Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Dancing among the stars
lilithrie

Character Info
Name: Lily
Alignment: CN
Race: ??
Class:
Silver: 396
The Zets'ki Cradle, it was a place she had never been before that day a few weeks ago. Traveling amidst the pure snow atop the Zujiuchu mountains she had come across the dark buildings as the lights from within dazzled her by their stained glass reflections upon the glittering snow. It was while she was walking about observing these beautiful windows that she had been found by the inhabitants of the place and given a place to stay. A few days later, after marveling at the beauty of the place she found out about the Reverie ball that was to take place here. She was hesitant at first, not knowing if she should really be among a large group of people, not after the change she had gone through. In the end one of the Saljians that she had been spending most of her time with, Karos, had convinced her to attend.

The day of the dance, a few hours before the time they agreed on meeting, Lily was in her borrowed room looking through the multitude of dresses she had summoned forth from her belongings stored Elsewhere. She sighed as not much of her usual attire seemed appealing to her. She tapped her foot upon the ground and sighed, looking away from her clothes. They were all fine pieces but they just didn't feel like her anymore.

A knock at the door caught her attention and she moved quickly to open it. On the other side was the smiling face of the half angel Karos. His light blonde mop of hair hanging in his face like always. She gave him a small smile and said, "I've still got a few hours, is something wrong?" He let out a nervous laugh and shook his head, his wings fluttering anxiously. He then held out a package and said, "My mother thought you might like to wear this. It's hers but she said you could have it." She hesitantly accepted the parcel and put on a big smile. "Well, thank her for me when you get home, I'll be sure to wear this. Thank you. I was actually looking for what I should wear." She said with a small laugh. He looked at her, feigning shock as he replied, "Whaaat! You didn't pick something out the moment you found out about the ball and twirling about in it like you're a little princess?" After a moment of silence they both burst put laughing. That had been exactly what Karos' little sister Enalia had been doing, they had caught her several times. "I'll be off, see you in a bit." He said and she waved as he left, a smile still stuck to her face.

When she turned and closed the door, that smile instantly fell and she sighed. They were good people here but they were getting too attached to her, and she to them. A spike of fear shot through her as she thought of what might happen to them if she lost control again. She suppressed her emotions and put on a neutral face as she walked over to the bed, waving her hand to make the other dresses disappear. She set the parcel down and carefully opened it. A gasp escaped her as she looked inside. A dress black as the cold void of space lay inside, but when she lifted it up it shimmered and shined like the night sky. In wonder she lovingly held the dress against herself and spun around, marveling at the illusion the dress gave off. It truly looked like you were staring off into space with the stars and deep color changes of the galaxy. Without light touching it though, it was black as the abyss. It was perfect.

After cleaning up she delicately slipped on the dress and spun around in front of the mirror. She felt as beautiful as a goddess in this dress. It clung to her like it was her own skin, it left her arms bare, it's dark color make the baldness of her skin seem to shimmer like the dress snow outside. The modesty of the dress was refreshing as it covered her front completely before wrapping around her neck in a halter style. The back was lower cut as it had been made for someone who sported wings. It was fitted perfectly to her body before flowing like waves of stars from her hips down to her feet. She was in awe. This was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

Something in the box still on the bed caught her eye. Inside was jewelry and shoes to accompany the dress. "This is too much." She said with tears in her eyes. Karos and his mother Mia were the most generous beings she had ever met. She would have to repay them somehow. She slipped on the shoes, black as the void just like the dress without light and took a few steps. How did they know what size she wore? She shook the thought away and set out to doing her white hair. With the help of some pins she managed to get her hair into a side swept chignon style on her left. With that done she put on the earrings, necklace, and bracelet and smiled. They were silver with deep violet Iolite gems.

She made her way to the cathedral and waved as she say Karos, his mother, and little sister there waiting for her. She blushed slightly as she approached and said, "thank you, for the dress and everything. I don't know how I can ever repay you for all your kindness." They waved it off and the group of them went inside. After a few minutes of being in awe of the place and the feeling of walking on stars Enailia went off to dance with her friends, Mia went off to talk with some of the other mother's, and Lily and Karos went to get a drink. They were enjoying themselves chatting and drinking as the party went on, enjoying the night.