Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Jayou, The River City > A Night to Remember[R, P]
Aegis

Character Info
Name: Zanar Arowin
Alignment: TN
Race: Werebear
Class: Deity
Silver: 10002
”Thank you so much for watching over him, I know it’s much to ask of you during these times. This is something that should have happened…long ago you could say.” He bowed as he thanked Bryony for her time. One would think it odd for a God to bow to a mortal, but Zanar had a great deal of respect for the woman that had raised his wife, even for the few times that the two had conversed with each other. ”We shall return…soon,” He joked and turned to his wife, ”Let us be off, we have some days of travel ahead of us before we get there.” With those words, the couple was off to a long, long-awaited rest and time for themselves. A honeymoon in the waiting.

Days passed before they finally reached their destination. While Zanar could have easily gated them to the location, it was not what Zanar wished for. He had to admit that he had missed the time when they used to travel in the wagon from location to location. So them taking their time on even the journey was something that he wished for. Yet here they have arrived in Jayou, a place both of them had decided upon to take their retreat. They had arrived in the mid-evening, so the city was not lit by the fae lights that he had heard about.

During all the hustle of them leaving though, he did not realize that the city was built mainly around the houseboats and floating gambling boats that drifted down the rivers that surrounded the bustling city. Zanar had never been fond of traveling upon maritime vessels, so he hoped that boats along the river were…calmer than they were during the raging waves of the oceans.

The stabled up near the gates to the city proper. Walking around he opened the door to the magicked wagon and held out his hand to help Kalyani down. ”Come, my dear, let us make these days ones to remember.” He couldn’t help but smile, as it still amazed him that he was able to find a woman for himself. One that he would die for in a heartbeat if he could. Here he was though, married and a child of his own, something that he had dreamed of before but was now living that life.

Zanar is the God of The Endless Hunt and Boundless Wilds

Zanar's God Powers are as Followed:
i. Can Track Anything in the world, no matter where they may go.
ii. Can see and strike the weak points of his prey, allowing for a clean kill
iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Limited GM of my character is always allowed!
Kalyani

Character Info
Name: Kalyani LaNora
Alignment: CN
Race: Elf/Rosenite
Class: Seer/Gypsy
Silver: 2114
Bryony waved Zanar’s comment off. “I am not around as much as I should be for my special little man.” Bryony pinched at Vale’s cheeks and chuckled. “Between him and Eldora’s kids, you guys are some of my only family excluding Hazel. I would do anything for you. But yes, it has been a long time coming and you should have never put it off.” Bryony grabbed Kalyani’s cheek. “Behave.”

Kalyani had the look of disbelief. “I BEHAVE!” But everyone who knew Kalyani knew how strong-headed she was.

The gypsy took her husband’s arm after they kissed their son bye. She kept looking back worried but overall she knew he would be in good hands. “I don’t think I’ve ever been away from him.”

The journey was long but it reminded Kalyani of their old days. The way they had fallen in love in the first place. The city of Jayou was beautiful but they had yet to see it in all of its glory since they arrived so early. Her amber eyes darted around to all the strange people and loud noises.

She took his hand and got off the wagon step. “This place is almost as large as Sularia.” The riverboats were amazing and she held his arm as they walked around. “This will surely be a good set of memories.” First, they secured an inn room at one of the most beautiful places she had ever been. What was a honeymoon without a fancy room?

Kalyani changed out of her traveling clothes into a beautiful evening gown that Bryony had stuffed in her bag. She had told her that most people would be dressed up for these boats and that they should follow suit. She had her long black curls perfect with a lot of effort and looked at her husband. Surely it would be weird seeing him dressed like a noble. “This room is huge…” It was large enough for a king. Outside of their own room, she had yet to see anything like this.

The Runaway Gypsy Queen
Feel her power, feel her music
Ooc: Brittlez Main: Angela Rose
Aegis

Character Info
As the walked from their Wagon into the city proper, it was when it finally hit Zanar how grand of a place this was. The buildings were as large as standard land-based cities, some larger than that. The boathouses were secured to the path, bridges constructed to allow ease of passage from each one. The large gambling boats, moving up and down the rivers themselves, circling to drop off their customers and picking up new ones. He couldn’t honestly wait till the night to see the city light up the night. ”I’ve been to Sularia a few times back when I was a mercenary, but I must say this place seems far more grandiose.” He smiled and nodded when said this place would make good memories. ”Yes, yes I do believe you will be right.”

They went to an Inn before deciding to tour the city. Zanar of course, requesting the best room they had. As he had explained to his wife earlier, for him Silver for the cost was of no concern to him as he would give all of it in the world for her. They arrived into their room, which was far larger even than his chambers in his temple. It seemed to be made to suit royalty that stayed during their visit. He as well decided to change out of his normal attire, to something that more fitted the occasion. Though he was not a fan of this type of attire. Shifting from his normal leathers into attire that a noble wore was a culture shock for the god.

”How can they stand to wear these damn things all day,” He muttered under his breath. His garments were his standard colors of green and silver, but far nicer. Silks replaced the leather, and more treated leather was worn in place of those that could not be silken. His normally down hair was up as well. He finished putting on the gloves of the outfit turning to face Kalyani. His jaw almost dropped when he saw her in the evening gown. He was not accustomed to seeing her in such clothing, but it fit her well and too him she was still the most beautiful thing in the city.

He laughed at her comment in the room. ”Indeed it is, let us not lose ourselves in it shall we.” He placed his hands on her shoulders ”You look amazing, and never cease to,” he said softly before leaning in to kiss her. After sharing the kiss he took her arm in his and lead her out of the room. Once more they were in the streets of the bustling city, now looking like they belong with the crowd rather than travelers. It was still all for him to take in, and could barely decide on what to do first. Even though he was not a fan of the boats he did want to see the city from the riverside.

”Let us take on of the boats, perhaps we can find something that interests us there. We could even indulge ourselves on a bit on a bit of fun while on there, let’s just not get too carried away with the gambling.”

iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Kalyani

Character Info
Name: Kalyani LaNora
Alignment: CN
Race: Elf/Rosenite
Class: Seer/Gypsy
Silver: 2114
“I haven’t been there in centuries.” There was a blink from Kalyani as she thought. “Got kicked out remember?” There was a chuckle from her lips as she thought about how good this trip would be for them.

“Who knows,” Kalyani came over and helped straighten out the fancier wear on him. She was used to sometimes helping him straighten out his appearance around the temple. Kalyani gave a smirk to his compliment before kissing him back. “How do I know you aren’t terrified to tell me otherwise?” It was a joke but almost everyone knew she was the one person he avoided making angry.

They made their way onto one of the gambling ships that were picking passengers up from the docks… Kalyani, as it turned out, was very good at cards, after all, it was how she got the Hag’s Wagon. They sat down at a table and Kalyani seemed pleased with herself as she won the first few hands. It was around the sixth had that she noticed something was a miss. Her eyes followed the movement of one of the other participants.

Cheater.

Took one to know one but right now she was playing honestly. She bit at her lip and let out one of the most Sularian woman screeches Zanar had probably ever heard. “You are trying to make me lose the hand!” Now, the small half Rosenite had flung herself over the table onto the cheater and took a metal plate that a server had beaten him with it.

Several guards ran over and the dealer was still in shock. She had looked like such a proper pleasant woman before. She was pulled off probably by her own husband who had been a bit slow on the draw what she was doing. “You are lucky I don’t kill you!” No one messed with Kalyani’s money.

The platter was now quite bent. The extra cards that Kalyani had seen were found. It was just a good thing for both of them that Kalyani had been on the money about how much of a cheater the guy was. “This is your first and only warning. If there is cheating going on at the table… Alert the guards don’t use your fists.”

Kalyani crossed her arms and looked directly into the eyes of the guard talking to her. “I’ve hit for less!”

"Please control your wife or you'll be asked to leave."

The Runaway Gypsy Queen
Feel her power, feel her music
Ooc: Brittlez Main: Angela Rose
Aegis

Character Info
The god knew immediately that the gambling ships would attract his wife. One thing that never changed about her was the wandering gypsy that she was, even if they had now found a new home in a static location rather than being on the move all the time. He had hoped that his ascension and the birth of the first child had not changed her, he was glad to know that it had not. He had hoped that whatever she saw within the god also stayed the same no matter or not if he had became a being of more importance to the star they stood upon.

Zanar was not much of a gambler himself, as he remember even back in his mercenary days that the men that served under him and won many a bag of silver from their leader. Not only that, he was also trying to keep his own nerves from unsettling, as even though the excitement in the air helped dull out the fact they were on a naval vessel his subconscious knew that they were on one. If any of those that followed him knew that their patron god was susceptible to seasickness he wouldn’t live it down.

As with gambling though, underhanded actions were being used. He had noticed one of the patrons been sleeve drawing cards beneath the gazes of the others. While he did not care if one cheated their way to winning, as silver was something Zanar hadn’t had to worry about ever since then, he hoped that Kalyani would not notice it. Out of everything that, her temperament was one thing he wondered how he could handle.

The silence of the game was shattered, as the bomb had finally been set off.

Her shriek rang out through the air, and Zanar just hid his face in his hand as she leapt across the table at the cheater. ”Of course, of course a gypsy would be able to catch a cheater. Stop being an idiot Zanar,” he spoke quietly underneath his breath. He went over and pulled the screeching and raving rosenite from the man before she killed him and took her away from the table. They both of course was warned that such behavior was not warranted with in the premises, especially not aboard a ship of all things.

”It will not happen again, I promise you as I believe with both here are done.” He gave Kalyani a stern gaze. The guard walked away and Zanar turned to face his wife. ”Seriously of all the gods damned things you could have done? Almost killing a guy with a platter is definitely NOT one of those things.” He didn’t need to scold her because he knew how bullheaded of a person she was. ”We do not need to be kicked out of the city, especially since this is our honeymoon. It is our time to be together without dealing with incidents like this.”

It was true, for he could not recall a single time since they were in Angela’s temple that they had time alone, for even at his own temple clergy or Rangers themselves were in need. They also had Vale to look after and take care of. He had just hoped that she could understand that.