Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Jayou, The River City > Come Whatever May [P/R-Event]
Raile

Character Info
Name: Raile Talon
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite (Turned)
Class: Trader/Gambler
Silver: 353
As always, even during times of need, people found themselves in need of various items that had very little to do with the crisis at hand. Even though Raile’s biggest sellers were potions and food, he found that there were a variety of people buying out the items that were not needed. Poisons, swords, and shields. Perhaps they did not hear the Voice speak as many had, or perhaps they didn’t care. It was also possible that they were going to use these tools to aid their search, but Raile would never know.

Business was business, though, and as the time passed on, tides of customers came and went, buying and bartering their way through a good chunk of Raile’s resources. Every so often he would have to restock, which was difficult to balance with his sales. Kalina and Leilah came down every so often to help out, but it was obvious that they were worried about Lady Angela and Dalensca. They had not told Raile much, and he had not pried into it. When they were ready to talk, they would. In the meantime, he had a business to run, and he just hoped that he would be able to handle it all as it came.

Can I interest you in…
Cheza

Character Info
Name: Cheza
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Butcher
Silver: 827
Traveling was not Cheza’s favorite pass time. She did not want to travel as far as she was for her needs, but the butcher knew that she needed high quality. If there was anything that the woman never did was to cut corners when the best was necessary. At this moment, she needed to get supplies for her new employees to ensure that they were the most effective in her store. The rolling wheels of her cart rattled down the street where the targeted shop that should have her hoped supplies. Cheza had told Sam to watch after the shop while she was gone. There was doubt that he could completely screw up the store while she was gone. It still pained her to think about it. To leave the store with newly hired Sam in charge of her hard earned store; it was almost devastating. He at least had taken a proper shower along with wearing unburnt clothes. ”Hopefully he won’t burn my shop down.”

Cart was pulled over to the side to be parked until her business was done. Cheza chose to trust no one at any time. That was why she trained the cart horse not to respond to anyone but her own voice. Jumping down from her seat, the woman walked into the shop that she had traveled all the way for. It had been rumored that those that worked on cutlery that could suit her needs.

In the shop there were quite a variety of items to be purchased. Hand traced the edge of a table before making it over to where a man was. ”Are you the store owner? I have a few specific items I am in search for. Hope you could help me out.” Cheza tucked her short red hair behind her ear as the butcher attempted to show some sort of nice side. Being in another’s shop was where she would be overly polite considering she hoped people would do the same for her.

”I need to get the proper tools for my new employees. I run a butcher shop. Need proper knives and cleavers to handle the job. I heard that you have those kinds of tools?”

Raile

Character Info
Raile had just started to tidy up when a new customer came in. He smiled and nodded her way politely. “Welcome!” he said. He kept his distance for a moment, trying to resist the urge to become the silver tongued salesman that he was at heart. He was quite surprised, though, when she approached him, asking if he was the owner.

“Ah…yes, Miss,” Raile replied with a charming smile. “Is there something specific I can help you with?” He listened to her earnest request, and took a moment to think on what he had on hand. “As it stands, I have a few sets of knives and cleavers on hand. They’re quite high in quality, but if they don’t suit your needs, we can always custom make something to specification if need be.” He motioned for her to follow, leading her to the back wall with a display case. In it where a variety of smaller sharp objects, as well as fine dining utensils. He opened the display case, and stood to the side.

“Please take your time in examining and testing what you need.” His eyes sparkled. He had a feeling about this one. He might yet make a decent sale. And what she said was true about running a butcher shop, she might need more than just tools. Slowly but surely, his dream of a supply route that would span the entire world was becoming a reality, and if he could convince her to switch over, it would be one more addition to the Raile Road.

I should really work on that name….

Can I interest you in…
Cheza

Character Info
Name: Cheza
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Butcher
Silver: 827
The short-haired red head could hardly contain her excitement. She had traveled a far distance in order to find that particular shop. Cheza was still surprised at herself for making such a journey for the sake of her new employees. The young girl, sure. The handsome angel…she was still unsure how to feel about the newcomer. There were certain things she was feeling but would never admit out loud. Waving her hand at some imaginary wisp around her head, Cheza interacted with the store owner. It was always a pleasure to get to know another owner. These connections meant that trade had a potential to open up.

The butcher followed him along the counter to where his selection was being kept. Excitement was visible on her features as the objects were brought out for her to look over. It was tempting to purchase a new set of blades for herself while in the store. They looked exceptional. A light touch traced the length of one of the cleavers he had on display. ”Were they made in your shop? Or do you have someone you trade with to put their works for sale? I’m just curious as to what methods were used in their making as well as their metal components.” Cheza carefully grabbed one of the fileting knives that looked to have a keen edge. She lifted a brow while examining it closely.

She was quite impressed with the selection while turning the blade over in her hands. ”This one looks nice. Feels good in the hand with the balance.” The middle of the hilt was balanced on her index finger. Lightly in wiggled back and forth until it finally settled. ”Whoever made this is quite skilled” Cheza wanted it for herself and not for Sam. Internally she struggled with the thought of not having it for herself.

”What are your prices?”

Raile

Character Info
Raile watched the customer with interest. She seemed excited looking at the tools that he had available. When someone with heart and soul in their craft starts to look for new equipment, they tended to get a glow about them, something that Raile had come to enjoy about his own chosen profession.

Her questions were easy enough to answer. “It’s a little here and there. I have some that are made by my local blacksmith, Kalina. Those are going to be of both higher quality and slightly more expensive. The others we have are mid-tier quality, and those are imported from other areas. The current ones we have on hand here that were made by Kalina are as follows: Steel, Lacraimum…” He started listing off a few different metals and blends, pointing. “As previously stated, we can also do custom orders for preferred metals. And while I can;t go into the intricacies of how they’re made, I can tell you that Kalina is a top class Rosenite smith. If you need her qualifications, I’m more than happy to get them, as well as offer to have her explain what she’s willing to in her techniques.”

The merchant cleared his throat. “Prices can vary depending on quality and material. On the lower end we have anything from ten to fifteen silver. Higher ends can be up to fifty silver or more depending on requests and commission. If silver is an issue, I also deal in trade and connections.”

He paused. “Speaking of connections…where is your butcher shop located? I have a few different trade routes for a variety of goods, and I might be able to cut your procurement and trade costs if you’d like to negotiate at a later time.”

Can I interest you in…