Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Jayou, The River City > Another Day [p/r]
Raile

Character Info
Name: Raile Talon
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite (Turned)
Class: Trader/Gambler
Silver: 353
Raile groaned as he walked through the crowded streets of Jayou. Walking with him was another worldly merchant, who seemed to be grinning at the thought of the wealth he was trying to procure from Raile. The two were in a heated discussion about the new Onnen trade routes that were being established, as well as the new commodities that had hit the market. The entire thing seemed like a scam from Raile’s point of view, and it was getting to the point where he felt he would have to take a trip to the new continent himself.

“I’m sorry, but 4000 silver crescents per week is just absurd,” Raile said as he stopped the two of them dead in the center of the path. There were more than a few angry glances as the crowds diverged around them. “I don’t care how rare they are. That’s highway robbery!” The merchant shook his head. “No deal.”

The other merchant, who looked to be twice the weight of Raile, frowned. The gems on his fingers gleamed as he clasped his hands together, “But Raile! Think of the profits!” His greedy eyes seemed to shimmer as fake tears started to well.

“Oh please. I don’t buy that at all. There’s no profits to be made like that. It’s half the faire just to get to Onnen, and once I’m there I could establish my own routes for infinitely less. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got my shop to attend to. Good day.” With that, Raile did a heel turn, and made his way back down the street. His brick and mortar store was not far, and while he had left the thief boy, Xeik, in charge of the shop, he wanted to return as fast as possible.

A part of him didn’t want to leave the twins alone. He did, in his own way, love the twins Leilah and Kalina, and he missed being around them. And after his last trip, he had decided he would probably need to hire on more staff so he could take them with him whenever he did end up traveling.

The door’s bell jingled as he stepped in, and a blonde girl with a happy smile greeted him.

“Oh, Xe-, sorry, Ayaa. Any customers while I was out?” he asked.

“None,” the girl responded with a smile. “I’ve got something to do for Danwe, so I’ll be back later tonight. Need anything while I’m out?”

“Not unless you can secure a cheap trade route with Onnen,” Raile said as he walked behind the counter and sat down. “Be safe.” With that, the girl was gone.

Raile sighed, leaning against the counter. “Lei needs some new materials too. I hear Onnen’’s alchemy is unique…what am I going to do about that?”

Can I interest you in…