Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > The City of Baltil > There Be Dragons[P/R]
Osiria

Character Info
Name: Osiria
Alignment: LN
Race: Rosenite/Phoenix
Class: Pyromancer
Silver: 5093
[The first part of this thread takes place on the airship]

Osiria had an easier time getting dressed as she fixed her hair with a comb. “A compliment from you… I think you are going soft on me.” She chuckled a bit more. “Had to make it interesting since you couldn’t participate fully. Something to remember me by until next time.” If there was a next time.

“Give me a second.” She got out a piece of paper and scribbled on it before it ignited. She put her hands on her hips and waited a good ten minutes before there was a single reply. It was on a flag of all things. “This one is from Furtuna… Gods I don’t want to get caught with her.” It was a pirate flag. “She wrote a message on here. Been a demon ransacking the dragon’s den in Baltil during the early mornings. Been pissing off the big dragon that lives there.”

She walked up behind him and slapped his ass playfully. “We’re heading to Iria to catch the airship to Karith… Then we’ll walk from Karith to Baltil’s entrance. Depending on the time of day we’ll have to spend some time in the city. Isn’t a bad idea if we have to stock up on supplies.”

They made the few days journey to Iria with minimal interruptions. Well, the only interruptions being the two of them and their sex drives. Getting onto the airship was fine enough but it was the actual ride over that was hilarious for the two of them. People were avoiding them because of their heated arguments.

They were getting into another one about getting supplies in Karith first when Osiria slapped Rhenakos across the face. “Our cabin ten minutes.” There was a smirk from him as she left him be. His arm was healing up rather nicely and now he had use of it again. She always loved to piss him off before she offered it made him in her opinion a better lover. There was a shiver across her skin as she thought of him as much. She, however, stop in Iria for something special before they set off. Perhaps he would enjoy a little lace and leather.

When he opened the door and saw her she pushed her hair over her shoulder. “Close the god damn door Stupid.” That was all it took to get him going like usual. Osiria could reward him and she did. New toys. New lingerie. New methods. She was creative, to say the least.

After they finished she laid on the bed with the blankets up her. “Why the hell are you hunting down demons anyway? I get they are a pain in the ass but you are a pain in the ass too.” She drew shapes onto his healing arm lightly with her finger as she stared at his flesh.

Raize

Character Info
Name: Rhenakos Raize
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Berserker/Hunter
Silver: 1658
Rhenakos was more than willing to go to the ends of the earth to find what he was looking for, so the fact that it would be a long travel barely registered to the demon hunter. Osiria was being playful with him, but he didn't mind. After all, this was all just a part of it. He smiled. "Then let's get going. To Baltil, then."

The demon hunter enjoyed the fact that, as a companion, Orisia was an even match for him. It left most of the other people they met with a disgusted look a their arguments, which made everything all that much easier when getting around. The consistent sex, as well, was helping with the rage issue he had, though he had to admit that Osiria did a good job at riling him up just before they went at it. He had a sneaking suspicion that it was intentional, but he honestly didn't care.

There was a point, though, while they were stopped in Karith, when finally their argument broke. "No, fuck you!" He was met with a sharp slap across his face, which sent a shock through his body W-what? He blinked. This was probably the first time that he had ever been slapped by a woman. Well, maybe not, But that barely mattered. Then, there was the demand.

"Our cabin, ten minutes."

Rhenakos smirked. "Don't be late," he said. It was a long ten minutes, but as the time limit hit, he walked in the room. The feast of leather and lace before him sent a weird shiver of emotions through him, freezing him on the spot momentarily. After a quick insult, he moved to close the door, and started to strip. "Don't call me stupid, fucking Rose," he growled as he climbed onto the bed.

After they had finished, Osiria finally popped the question that he had been waiting on. At this point, though, she was invested enough that he didn't mind speaking it aloud. For once, there was a lack of anger and bravado in his voice. It was almost calm and steady. As he started to speak, his hand went to where his left eye should have been, tracing the scar.

"It's barely a viable reason," he started. "But, I had loving parents. They were traveling traders. They did good business, and were good people. I don't remember all that much about how it happened, but we were stopped by a horde of demons. They destroyed everything, and killed my parents…" He chuckled. "That wasn't the kicker, though, The leader….he came up to me…a broken child, and gouged my left eye out. I remember as clear as day, the scalding pain as he tore it out…and laughed. He said it was a mere trinket to remember me by, and should I happen upon the strength…to come take it back."

"As it turns out…" Rhenakos continued. "My mother didn't die in the attack." The anger in his voice was back. "No, instead…she found herself nothing more than a tool for breeding half demon abominations…" His hand, tracing where his eye should have been started to dig into the flesh a little. "I've already killed a few of them…white haired abominations that hold a resemblance to me…." He growled. "I doubt there's anything left of her at this point…nothing worth saving. But…I'd at least give her mercy…and take back my eye."

The tension in his voice lessened. "I need to find him. Even if it kills me….:

Bite me.
Osiria

Character Info
“At least I’m not a Roseweed anymore.” She chuckled at him as he climbed onto the bed. Gods he was even better with two arms.

Osiria propped her head up as she laid next to him. Her fingers gently doing shapes against his shoulder. It was odd to lay with a man that had the potential be such an ass but in a way, it was fine with her.

She grabbed his hand halfway through the story to make him stop before he finished digging into his eye socket. She kissed eat his fingers while he finished. She was sure that he didn’t know what to make of it. Once he was finished telling his story her eyes turned up at him. “Don’t hurt yourself like that. Alright?” She kissed the top of his hand as she let it go.

“To me, that is a perfectly good reason to go hunt this demon down. My family has suffered because of a woman who wanted to use demons to kill us all. I have not lost many people I grew up with but the struggle for my family has been very much a reality. Most of the Black Court branch was wiped out. Their half demon blood used in a ritual to turn their mother into a demon. They never found the bodies so we assumed she had eaten them. If I was in your shoes I would be doing the same thing Rhenakos.”

Her voice was soft and even gently as she moved closer and put her forehead against his neck. This was the first sign of affection she gave him. She wasn’t rude or mean. She was just gentle. “We’ll get your eye back and then some.” Moving her head up she gave him a gentle kiss. "It will happen you'll see." They were words of encouragement though she was fully aware he was going probably to bite back at her for it.

Raize

Character Info
The hunter was genuinely surprised when Osiria grabbed his hand away from his eye, taking the time to tenderly kiss each one of the fingers. It was something that he was unsure of how to respond to. In the end, he decided to stay silent about it for the time being. Finally, he shook his head, “It’s a compulsion at this point…pain equals the ability to know that I can feel alive…it means i can keep moving.”

Even he knew what a terrible concept that actually was.

Rhenakos wasn’t sure how to take the fact that Osiria’s family had been victims as well, other than to listen to the plight and nod when appropriate. “I’m sorry to hear that,” he said, genuinely meaning it. “It’s just another reason to keep going.” Still, it was oddly comforting to hear that his own problems seemed justified.

As Osiria nuzzled at his neck, he stiffened a bit, a few different thoughts running through his head. Her words of encouragement were nice, but he felt as though they were undeserved for the monster that he knew he was.

“I don’t need your pity, you know,” he said, choosing to believe that her actions were nothing more than looking down on him. After all, despite his remarks, she was a part of a powerful family. Even with his own strength, he couldn’t compare. Did the Goddess Angela take pity on him and send her family to watch over him?

“I’m sorry…that was uncalled for,” he said after awhile. “I don’t….deserve this though…”

Bite me.
Osiria

Character Info
“It makes us stronger.” She gave a smile in his direction. Osiria felt his body react to his nuzzle and knew he was going to be an ass about it. There was a certain shield to Rhenakos that she had discovered. Right now he was calm and sensible but whenever he needed to he became an asshole to push people away.

She rolled over and straddled his chest after he apologized. “But you do.” She took a deep sigh. “My people have been through a lot.” She put her hands on his chest and pushed up. “Did you know that once upon a time we were weak. Egjora and Adeluna invaded our home while my grandma was in the conclave. They killed, raped, and tried to take what they wanted. A lot of my family died trying to save our people. Grandma was furious when they finally let her out of the conclave and she sent them home.”

There was a shiver for a moment as she came back down to lay on him. For such a warm creature as she was, it was sure cold to her suddenly. She pulled the blankets up as she laid on him. “Furtuna blows up cities, ships, and everything else that has a connection to the people who led the attack. She was just a girl when it happened. Watched her relatives get slain in the streets as she was held back. My family is strong because of circumstances like your own. I hate humans for what they did but at the same time I know that you are not the one who did it to us.” She put her hand on his face caressing his jaw.

“So stop being an asshole alright? Here, alone in this room you can just be yourself. Stop putting up a dumb barrier like I know you have been. I won’t say a word to anyone because I understand.” She kissed his chin before wrapping her arms around him.

“We should probably get some sleep before we start our hike to Baltil. We’ll be docking in Karith soon enough.”

Raize

Character Info
For the most part, Rhenakos was silent as Osiria spoke. The Rose family’s circumstances were not unlike it own. He wasn’t exactly sure why she was telling him this, but he appreciated it all the same. Despite this, though, it didn’t make him feel better. Perhaps that was the point of it all, that it wasn’t supposed to. Even though he loathed to admit it, her warmth around him was somewhat of a comfort.

Finally, he cleared his throat. “You’re a real charmer,” he said finally. “And a real pain in my ass. But…” He turned away from her, and muttered something that sounded like a gruff ‘thanks.’ He looked back to her, after a moment, and nodded slowly. “Right…rest….” He turned onto his side, and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her and her warmth closer to him, closing his eye.

It really was comforting.

The stop in Karith was brief. Rhenakos’ mood shifted back to his usual ass of a self when it involved people, though when Osiria got involved, he backed off. Soon, they found themselves travelling Northbound, leaving Karith in their wake.

“Say, Osiria,” Rhenakos said as they worked the trail. “You’re really powerful, you know that?” He pulled his crimson hair back, tying it in a half-assed ponytail to keep it out of his face while they moved. “I can’t help but be a bit envious of your sword and armor, though. These weapons…” he referenced his two blades, one across his back, the other strapped to his belt. “They’re barely usable anymore. I’ve been thinking about getting something else. But you can’t just buy something like that. It has to be found or made…know of anything?”

Bite me.
Osiria

Character Info
Osiria watched him put up his hair. “I’m not all that strong Rhenakos. I’m just hot enough to keep most people at bay there are those that can get through that defense and… well, that’s when you see that I am weak.” She offered up the best smile she could. “But Gods your hair.” She stopped him and made him sit down so she could fix it. Finally, she got it all out of his face. “There.”

The half phoenix listened to his wants and she pondered a bit. Her lips ran up his neck now that his hair was away. “I have something for you.” Her tone was sultry but she came around to his front and summoned an odd looking blade. At the moment it appeared just to be an odd hilt but Osiria whispered its name, “Inima.” The blade shot out as pure light energy though it was gray in color.

“It was given to me as a gift by a master craftsman after I finished a job. I will give it to you on the condition that you take care of it. Its name is Inima and it means heart. It changes color depending on the user’s heart.” She brought up his hand and touched it to the hilt of the blade. Together holding it the blade turned an orange color. She had never seen it so beautiful in all her years having it. Her hand left the hilt and it faded to a white. How odd.

“Learn to use it and you will be able to keep yourself from being hurt so much. I can make you feel more alive than any wound.” There was a smirk on her face now. “You summon the blade by saying its name. You do the same to retract the blade.” She kissed his lips softly. “This is a gift from me to you so don’t lose it or break it.”

The travel into Baltil lasted until two days from that time. It was in the afternoon by the time they crossed into the city. She stretched and looked up at Rhenakos. “We should rest up before we hunt this bastard. He only comes out in the early mornings so we have time.”

She found them a cozy little inn off on the side near the exit so they didn’t have to waste a lot of time. She caught the attention of one of the patrons as soon as they walked in. His eyes were probably undressing her from the way he stared. “I’ll get a key,” she softly said as she approached the owner. They were negotiating prices when the man pushed himself up and smacked her rear roughly grabbing her as he did so. He took her by the waist and Osiria hardly responded.

Her eyes slid up to meet his. She couldn’t make a scene here or else they might be chased out. “I am going to offer you quite a bit of a silver for your lady friend.” The man looked back at Rhenakos. “Show her a good time.”

Oh great. She knew from Rhenakos’ response the last time someone had said something like this that he would probably let her deal with it. “Thank you,” she handed the silver over and got the key. Osiria continued to ignore the man even when he pulled her back when she tried to get away. Sometimes she hated to being physically weak compared to some people.

Raize

Character Info
Rhenakos grumbled the entire time she was fixing his hair, but when she finished, he couldn’t deny that it felt a lot better than the work that he had done. He started to move again, but was interrupted once more as Osiria produced a small hilt. The hunter looked on with a curious eye, and as she spoke its name, it came to life with the gray blade.

She took his hand, and pushed it to the blade with hers. The weapon reacted in a strange, beautiful way, producing a brilliant orange. Rhenakos was in awe, if only for a moment, at the strange, pure color. It felt like a calm sunset…

Osiria let go of the blade, and it returned to the dull gray color. Rhenakos eyed the blade, sweeping it back and forth for a moment. It’s not as bright as when she held it alone. Perhaps it has to do with mana… He shrugged the thought off, and said its name, letting the blade return to its base form.

He flipped the blade’s hilt around for awhile, finally snapping his fingers. “Ah…” He tinkered with it for a moment, producing a metal piece. It didn’t take long for him to connect the two, and fix it to his wrist. “There…it’s light enough that I can keep it here, and my coat will hide it…” He waved his arm around, “Imina.” The blade shot out, and Rhenakos waved it around again, testing it a but more. “Inima.” The blade retracted.

“There. And, it’s easily removable in case I need a spare weapon in hand.” He smirked. “Thank you, Osiria.”

The next few days passed with no real issue. Rhenakos stayed, for the most part, in a calm, even pleasant mood, but that changed when they finally reached Baltil. There were more people about, so Rhenakos kept to himself mostly, trying hard not to snap at the useless things that he heard.

When Osira mentioned the plan to get an inn, Rhenakos nodded in agreement. “It would be nice to have a bed again,” he commented. Which was unusual, since he rarely slept in one to begin with. But perhaps Osiria was having an effect on him.

When they got to the inn, though, things started to go south. Immediately he felt the eyes of someone on the two of them, though more on Osiria than himself. Disgusting. He ignored the man, though, and waited for Osiria to get the key. They weren’t a viable threat. However, when his partner went to the counter, the man moved in to her, slapping her ass and pressing himself against her. For a moment, Rhenakos thought the man would be killed on the spot, but she held back for some reason.

A strange twinge of emotion shot through Rhenakos. Does she…not mind it? He crossed his arms, waiting for her to do something, but still nothing came. No retort, no smart remarks. Simple acceptance. That was when the man looked to Rhenakos, offering coin for her services.

“I-I doubt…that would be wise,” Rhenakos said, his eye twitching slightly. “If I were you, I’d stop.” There was a strange, violent undertone to his voice that was not unlike the tone that he had when he felt the bloodlust from killing demons. Still, he made no motion to stop him. Osiria simply finished her transaction, and started to move away. As she did, though, the man pulled her back, toying with her.

“Look,” Rhenakos said, moving forward, his emotions running wild, “It seems like you two should just get a room already. However, if that’s not the case…” The demon hunter’s right eye gleamed with near insanity. “I suggest you go ahead and let her go, lest I rip your arm from its socket…”

Bite me.
Osiria

Character Info
"You don't seem the type to me that cares what he sleeps on." There was a smirk from her but a bed with him was always very nice. 

Once to the inn she had this odd feeling overtake her and she knew she had made a mistake. Her fingers twitched at her side as she dealt with the inn keep and the pervert at the same time. Orange eyes looked back at Rhenakos once the man had her in his arms. They were pleading for his help. "I can't get my magic to work."

The man felt at Osiria's bust as he grinned a bit. "Small women like you often rely on magic to keep threats away. What a good trap to get the pretty ones." Osiria struggled in the man's arms as he grabbed her. "So very weak."

Well she had nothing else going for her as she spit at him. The man slapped her across the face as he yanked her arm up. Osiria let out a cry from the twist of her shoulder. No one else in the inn moved which meant this man was bad news. "I'll just be taking her then." He produced a pair of rune engraved shackles and Osiria struggled harder against him now hurting herself even more

"KEEP THOSE AWAY FROM ME. RHEN HELP!" She had tears forming at the edges of her eyes. Would he help her now?

Raize

Character Info
All at once, the chains in his mind snapped. His hand shot out and grabbed the man’s arm. “Oh…I warned you…” Rhenakos’ eye was gleaming, but instead of pure hatred, there was a hint of glee. The sadism he felt when there were demons close had overcome him once more, and he felt the need to tear the man to pieces if it meant getting what he wanted.

“What do you think you-” the man started, but Rhenakos interrupted, yanking the man’s arm. Hard. The hunter had not made an idle threat. He pulled the man’s arm right out of it’s socket with a sickening pop. There was a mixture of shock and awe from the other patrons of the inn. A few, though, did not seem very happy, and moved to aid their ‘companion.’

“Oh…?” Rhenakos said, still holding on to the man’s arm as he turned roughly, causing the man to cry out in pain. “You want this…trash?” he asked with a smile.

“Get him already! He’s just one man!” the ‘seducer’ cried out, obviously in agony. “Just kill him, and the woman!”

One started to move forward, but Rhenakos took a step forward himself, and threw the man by his dislocated arm at the compatriots, knocking them down.

“Now…I suggest you leave….” Rhenakos glared at the men. “You’re lucky. Any other day, and I’d have just killed you all outright. But I’ve had a bit of a change of heart…so scram. And…let’s see…if I ever see you again…” He started to laugh a little. “Well…I’m a demon hunter who thrives on information….and I have quite a few new techniques I wouldn’t mind testing out…”

As they scrambled away, Rhenakos turned his attention to Osiria. He knelt down next to her, the bloodlust fading fast.

“Are you okay?” he asked. “And…for future reference…please don’t call me Rhen.”

Bite me.