Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Colden Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

He felt the sting of the dagger’s blade puncturing his palm, and the pool of blood coming out. The pain in his hand couldn’t compare with how he was feeling on the inside. Perhaps he should have died with the woman, at least then he wouldn’t have found out about the painful truth that he was nothing to her. That none of them meant anything to her than a means to an end. Colden saw the blood falling onto the contents of the jar. He still didn’t know why she was doing this, but at this point he couldn’t bring himself to care about his mother’s state anymore. Why bother?

He turned slightly to look at Lotus, kicking himself mentally as he was aware of her the most. For what he had remembered, she was kind to him unlike their mother had been. He thought of her as weird for doing so but now it was because she was looking out for him, even when she didn’t have to. And he wanted her dead, he wanted them all to die. And it would have all been for nothing. There was a storm brewing in his mind, darkness enveloping it tightly as his mood sank deeper.

“That’s some trap you have for her”, Dante was quick to note as he peeked over and watch the locks at work. Around and around they spun until they locked and he was starting to feel dizzy from trying to keep up with them. “As long as she doesn’t come back, I’m perfectly fine with it, to be honest.”

Steele came up beside Eldora and sheathed his blade. He was rather pleased that they wouldn’t have to deal with that witch again, or ever as far as he was concerned. Xunatar kept his eye on the boy, feeling his mind caving into itself before his eyes latched onto his and within moments he passed out. “I would have brought him to the Cradle, but not for too long. His mind is chaotic and dark right now, and imagine what would come should his thoughts manifest there? No, Arri may be better suited for him." A portal was conjured to the Cradle and from there another surged there, leading to Arri. Xunatar approached the portal but stopped to look at the girls for a moment. “Make sure that she doesn’t come back.” His crimson gaze hadn’t averted back to blue just yet before he crossed over. Steele took Colden onto his back and followed behind. Dante snaked his waist around Lotus; their job was done, and he couldn’t wait to run away, but…something felt wrong about abandoning the little pain even if he was already in good hands. No doubt that she would want to oversee Colden and with a small groan, he smiled and booped her nose with his finger before he followed along.

Author: Eldora, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:39 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Eldora looked up at Colden as she took his hand. “When have I ever given anyone a warning,” she took the dagger and nicked him good on his palm. She pressed onto the wound and let the blood hit the hearts, ashes, and finally the locking mechanism. She healed up Colden wound and Lotus came over and got her youngest brother.

“It’s true she’s never really warned. The first time she did it to me… She outright stabbed my hand.” She shook her hand as she tried to make Colden feel… not so alone. She was sure that he was feeling the worst out of all of them.

There was a flashing glow of magic as the stored spell within the paper began to show itself. There were four small locking mechanisms and a larger more sophisticated one on the top. Eldora got up and circled the locks to look at them. They were spinning and creating combinations. “Five locks so that no one can ever figure it out. At least not in our lifetimes. Five locks are done by five different people. Each lock could take hundreds of years to crack without divine intervention.” Eldora informed.

“And the large one?” Lotus asked.

“You are familiar with Toya’s daughter Rose? She bit the silver apple of Wisdom and survived. She is quite possibly stronger than I am. Her lock itself would take.. five thousand years to crack?” Eldora mused a bit. “She did the top lock. It’s the last lock you have to crack in order for Cyprus’s cage to be broke. Even if you could manage to get through the other four… her’s are more sophisticated. I heard when she went to see Drae that Knowledge itself was so scared of her that the temple dissolved with her touch. Drae had to put a void storm on her just so she could walk around his temple.” Eldora smirked just a bit. “I would love to see Rose in her later years.”

She was only talking to keep the room from going silent as the locks finished up. She thought Rose’s would take longer but… it was better designed. It was fast, powerful, and was finished before the other four. “Remind me not to piss Rose off then,” Lotus laughed.

“Rose doesn’t fight… though if you do manage to make her upset I bet Toya would kill you first.” Eldora mused as she pushed herself up and once the locking was done she held out her hand and hellfire broke out over the map, hearts, and ashes. There would be no trace of Cyprus left. Even her old body parts were on fire.

Eldora dusted herself off and looked at the stains of blood and sighed. “We should get Colden to see Angela. I bet she is already waiting for us in Arri.” Eldora’s eyes moved to Xunatar. “If Bryony was here… then she would have known ahead of time anyways. She could take the time to look at Lotus too I bet.” Lotus was red in the face not from anger but Eldora peering into her thoughts.

“Shut it. Let’s just go.” Lotus hugged Colden tighter. “We’re going to go home now okay?”

Author: Colden Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:19 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Xunatar wasn’t playing around with her, it was as written in his eyes as clear as rain. Cyprus had not only struck every last nerve he had, but she did so without a single thought. Like always. Colden had never, ever through any of their encounters seen his father filled with wrath like this. Hell, even Steele could feel himself trembling in fear at the awe of the power and anger surging from him. It felt like he would suffocate from it. Even Dante was astonished, but Cyprus brought all of this and then some on herself. It was him who moved behind Lotus and their brother as she retrieved him. Colden felt confused and was reverting back to a childish behavior that mirrored his younger years. He felt like that very little boy that wanted his mother’s attention, but she didn’t care. He was coming to terms to know that she never did and only sought to use him for her own achievement and discord him afterwards. He loved her, despite the abuse and now it was all wasted effort on his part. HIs whole life was a big fat lie and he just looked on with glossy eyes as the scene unfolded.

The god was finished with her and he did as he said; he merely watched on as Eldora came over and handed Steele the jar. Colden had no idea of what she was planning or what was in that container. Then he recalled what was said earlier. “Her…bones?” He knew not what that meant, and Lotus was puzzled herself about their mother having a form despite her physical remains weren’t with her. Their sister informed them while she prepared for the torture that the form she held was an illusion. Once it was gone, he could see that she was as horrid looking on the outside as she had been in the inside. Xunatar looked away in disgusted, “I had thought so after I rose. She had me fooled as well, but I had my suspicions recently.” Dante looked like he was going to gag at the sight of her, and Colden felt sick to his stomach. Steele looked undeterred; he still wanted to see her dead regardless of her appearance.

The youngest male wanted to look away from the heinous punishment, but he was too far into it to stop watching. As the list of crimes were spoken, Colden just stared in disbelief over all the pain and death she surrounded herself with, particularly of his own siblings, cousins and more. How could she? He had sought for vengeance, albeit one that wasn’t warranted, but she just did it out of spite. Out of jealously. Out of envy. Almost as if he could read his child's mind, Xunatar turned and faced him. “She fell prey to envy, boy. Make sure that you don’t fall too deep into your own, else you may become like her.” He looked at him with wide eyes before slowly nodding. He could feel Colden’s mind ravaged by these turn of events. But he was no coddler, the boy would have to fix himself, or his siblings would do so.

Steele nodded and did as he was told, pouring the ashes to the scroll before she started to wrap this up. Dante placed a hand onto Lotus’ shoulder and cast his eyes down to Colden with a frown. The sight of her operating and retrieving organ after organ was sickening as were the screams and pleads from the monster called Cyprus. If he was still on the fence of whether she was an evil creature or not, then when she pleaded with Eldora, he could see that she truly was. A sad look was painted across his face when he was called over and he slowly rose with his head hung down low as he shuffled over to her. He felt more numb by the time he reached her and held out his hand. Steele let out a sigh, “Shouldn’t you warn him at first?”

He didn’t know what he was referring to, nor at this point did he really care.        

Author: Eldora, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:36 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

“That’s right Colden. I used to have Mother’s eyes.” Lotus brought a hand up and pointed to her gold one. “This is just a replacement made by Aunt Angela. Mother had a bad day one afternoon… Do you remember? She took her finger and pushed it into my eye.” She could sense Colden’s hesitation towards their mother now. This was good.

Eldora watched as Xunatar came now. Cyprus was being choked and none of the siblings had any remorse about it. Lotus had put the whip on her belt so she could go tend to Colden. If anything he needed this the most. She cradled their baby brother against her. “It’s alright Colden, we’re not gonna let her hurt you anymore.” He would probably be the most messed up out of all of them. “Eldora you do the deed.”

The oracle tilted her head and held out the jar of dirt to Steele. “Hold please.” She was stalking Cyprus now.

“STAY AWAY,” the woman tried to lash out with fire towards Eldora in utter fear.

“No,” the bones in Eldora’s hair began to glow a terrifying midnight color as they floated out and gained sharp edges. The room was suddenly darker and colder than before. “You have wronged all of us. I bared witness and felt all of it. The way you hurt Colden… The way you hurt Lotus. All of us. You deserve no mercy from us.”

“Then what are you waiting for. DO IT!” The woman shrieked but Eldora smiled.

“I will make you feel all the pain you’ve ever given out before I let you die. But first… this will simply not do.” She waved her hand at Cyprus form and the knives shot at her pinning her to the wall. However, something wasn’t right just like Eldora had said.

Lotus noticed that the knives were pinning things she couldn’t see. “I’ve been wondering since you got that jar… how does she have her body?”

“She doesn’t. It was a ruse to get Colden to trust her.” Eldora waved her hand and the truly grotesque nature under the glamor came out. There were demon parts sewed together. She was truly ugly. “I figured this was the case long ago when I first felt her.” Tilting her head she began the slow and steady torture of her mother. The screams, the blood, and the pain filled the room. One by one Eldora listed the crimes and what she did. There was even some vengeance for what she did to Colden.

It felt like hours went by but Eldora was thorough not to forget anything that her mother had done. “Finally, you dismembered a five-year-old boy because you were angry you couldn’t have Kirika. I’ve saved what you did to Raven, our cousin, for last.” She took out the ceremonial dagger again. “Angela has already paid you ten fold for that so I will end on that note.” She looked at Steele. “Can you pour the ashes on the scroll that is in my bag please?”

She waited for this to be done before she started to carve multiple hearts out of her mother’s body. The screams were even more horrific than the torture she had endured. One by one Eldora placed the hearts onto the scroll with the ashes.

“My child, you are so strong. Think of what we could do together,” Cyprus gasped at her daughter.

“I don’t need you nor do I want you. I am strong because of Bryony, my mother.” Eldora was cool and calm as she plunged the dagger one final time into Cyprus. The corpse began to fall apart after that. The magic that had kept it together gone. She placed the heart on the ash.

“Colden?” Eldora looked up and held out her hand. “You should be part of this too. She wronged you greatly. Can I have your hand?”

Author: Colden Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:10 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Colden couldn’t believe how disrespectful Lotus was towards the mother that gave birth to her. She was their queen and these was how these cretins decided to treat her? If that was the case, then how would they be to him, the rightful heir? “She tells me that because it's true! You all are against us!” He was disgusted at these turn of events, and the more this continued the angrier he became. Steele noticed this and rose his sword, pointed squarely at him. “Control yourself, stupid. We aren’t against you. We are trying to save you, blockhead.” The prince looked to his sister again as she repeated the same thing Steele had. “I don’t care about the trials, I would have succeed…”, he spoke before turning to his mother with confidence, “Right mother, just like you had.”

When his mother was sent flying, Colden looked at them dangerously before flames erupted from both hands. He would burn them all alive right there and then if they continued this assault. “All I know is that you left me, Lotus. I don’t know why”, he snapped, gripping the flames tighter. He didn’t know to the extent of how his mother wanted to attack Kirika, and for a moment, he looked on slightly puzzled. That distraction allowed for his fire to die down a bit and Lotus took advantage of it. He felt her own whip restraining his wrist and he winced against it. “Why should I believe you lot? Mother came back for me specifically. I was denied my birth right.” He hardly knew any of his other siblings and he was led to believe that they sought to protect him? His eyes lingered onto the book that she had in her possession. He had seen it once before in his youth; it was his mother’s grimoire. A memory came back when he had stumbled into her chambers and took a peek at the book before he was found and then she… He shook his head of the dreadful thought and then saw that it was lit on fire. 

Dante shook his head, “Damn woman, can’t stand to see the light of truth?” Steele started to circle around them, heading to the boy, “No, I can tell that much. I can see why Father wants you dead.” 

Watching Eldora, he was on the defensive since he knew not of what she was planning. Was it all a ruse after all? But then something strange happened- they were all ushered into the past somehow. He recognized his mother, younger now in the middle of the floor in a place he didn’t know. The scene played out and he saw her get torn apart, the horror in his eyes as he concluded that this was the trial that would make her queen. That was what he was to endure? He took a step back, his lips quivering as the terror ended and his aunts coming to her aid. “Mo…mo…mother. You told me that you passed it with flying colors. No, this is a trick, right? This can’t be true.”

“It is, Colden. That is why Father refuses to help you get the throne now.” Steele drew nearer to his brother, “He didn’t want to have you die. Cyprus on the other hand…she knew the whole time that you’d likely get yourself killed if you took it.”

“No!” Colden gripped at his head as great pain vibrated in him. Why was this happening? Why were they trying to turn him against mother? “Eleven siblings?” He didn’t know of any of them but something wasn’t adding right with what his mother told him. So many holes in her story were starting to come to surface, still he wasn’t sure if they were all true or false. Looking onto his hand, he recalled that he got injured but her stabbing him? Why? Why would she do that to him? His mouth grew drier as he tried to come to grips with what was fantasy and reality. Looking to Lotus, he stared into her eyes before…recalling something. “Your eyes, they both used to be red, like mother’s are…” Dante glanced from him to Cyrpus but was too late to warn him as she took hold of him. He winced as he felt the cold blade of the knife against his neck. “Mother…what are you…” Her words stung him greatly and hot tears started to form in his eyes as more memories came out. It was a ruse, her love and affection, everything had been one giant lie. He remembered parts of his past and none of them had her as the loving mother. “How could you do this to me? Use me like that?” He struggled but she was too strong. Steele halted and was forced to watch this unfold and Dante carried a deep frown.

“You stupid woman…you shouldn’t have done that.”

As soon as he finished speaking, footsteps echoed throughout the room. It seemed to be coming from every direction. They grew louder and heavy before someone in robes of black and white appeared right beside Colden and Cyprus. A hooded figure that turned to the deranged woman with deep crimson eyes looking to her. “I warned you once, Cyprus. You should have taken heed to it.” As his words ushered to her, Colden was gone from her grip. He appeared on the ground several feet away. “You were always so foolish to believe you’d be grander. Whoring yourself for power, making deals with the wrong devils, enticing a war with your Goddess sister, and now you wish to provoke me and my blood?”

His hand stretched out to take her by the throat, firmly squeezing his finger around her julgar. The moment lasted for a brief moment before he dropped her. Colden turned around on the ground to see him. “Father…”[‘b] Xunatar spoke nothing towards him, his center of attention was on Cyprus. “You will die, but I won’t do it. That is reserved for those that you have wronged, woman. I merely come to watch.”

Author: Lotus, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:38 AM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

“Yes, yes all hail the great queen,” Lotus bowed her head and frowned deeply at Colden. “The great queen who has done nothing but lie to you and win you over by telling you EXACTLY what you want to hear.” He wasn’t about to listen to her though. Not right now she would need to wait.

She watched with Eldora for long moments, Eldora hadn’t broken eye contact with their mother yet and she blinked a bit before tilting her head to the side. Lotus put her hand on Eldora’s shoulder and approached Colden with caution. “Ask about the trials Colden. Ask about why after I promised you I wouldn’t leave you alone if I could help it that I got ousted from our court. I never tried to screw you over, it was the exact opposite.”

“She’s lying!” Cyprus yelled and Lotus looked at Eldora. Eldora flicked her wrist and Cyprus went flying into the wall.

“I’m not. I wouldn’t lie on the bones of my brothers and sisters that you killed for trying to protect Colden and Kirika. I wouldn’t do that. We may not have known about Kirika at the time but we did our damned best to protect Colden from whatever sick plan you had. Have you told Colden that you want to use him to rape his sister and father a child? Have you told him why?” Lotus stared at her mother as Cyprus picked herself up off the ground. “You haven’t because then he would know the truth.”

She took her whip and used it to secure where Dante’s had been as well. “Do not be stupid Colden. I have never once broken my damn promise to you. I’ve been trying to save you since this whole thing started. Since Eldora came to tell me you were in danger. Past the assassination attempts by our mother to make sure that I couldn’t tell your father what was happening.” She slid eyes over to Eldora and for a minute there was unspoken communication.

“I mean why believe us when you can read it from her own words.” Lotus took the book out of her pouch. She held it up and offered it. “Everything is in there. You, your birth, Kirika, her birth, the rape, the child. Everything. Read it. I even have the pages marked.” Cyprus was fast though as the book began to burn.

“You will not fill his head with lies!” Eldora force threw Cyprus again.

“If it were lies you wouldn’t have acted as fast you did. You don’t want him to know. Kirika fought for you Colden. She was in Arri and she made them promise that you wouldn’t be hurt during this. That if we brought you home that you wouldn’t be punished. We all fought for you and the only one in this room who has ill intentions for you is the person you are so desperately clinging to.”

“Enough games,” Eldora said as she held her hand out to Colden. The past engulfed the room and Cyprus began to panic.

“NO, you will not undo everything I have sacrificed for.” She screamed at Eldora and the seer ignored her mother.

There in the center of the room was Cyprus, much more Rosenite looking than the demon in front of them now. “Speak your name,” the room bellowed.

“Cyprus Rose, I am the chosen for the Black Court. I am here for the trial of darkness.” Even then she looked vile in her eyes. The room came in with nightmarish things as it began to attack Cyprus. It was tearing limb from limb and the only thing that saved her had been a vial of blood she had drunk in front of all of them.

“You have survived because of dumb luck. The next of your kind won’t be so lucky.” Cyprus and her body parts had been flung out of the cavern. Angela had run to her and began to stitch her together.

“She’s bleeding out everywhere. It’s amazing that she survived.” Angela was patching her together.

“Barely,” a white-haired woman said as she turned to leave the room. “She’s unfit to be queen if she had to cheat to get it.”

The vision faded and Eldora stared at Colden. “That’s the truth. The trial of Roses is one where the future rulers must endure a trial. Mother only got through hers because she cheated and used demon blood to make herself live longer. If you had attempted it, it learned from her… It would have killed you. She knows that and she doesn’t care Colden. The creature she was going to summon using you and Kirika would have killed you both. Again she doesn’t care. She is nothing but a pawn. Just like our siblings were.”

Ghosts of the past formed in the room. There were dozens of them all looking similar to the living three Black Court siblings in the room. “These are our siblings,” Lotus said. “Eleven of them died to protect you from her. She mercilessly killed them because we plotted to save you by overthrowing her. The day we had talked about it she had taken a knife and put it through your hand because you wouldn’t leave her alone.” Lotus motioned to a scar he had. “Aunt Angela healed you because I took you to her. Mother gouged my eye out… and Eldora… Mother was going to rip her heart out at birth to make the Luzil. You think you are any different than us? You are just another pawn in this game. She’s not even strong enough to deal with Eldora. You can’t protect her Colden, she doesn’t deserve your love. So please stop trying to protect her."

Cyprus finally had enough strength to lunge forward and grab Colden. She put a knife to his neck. "Who gives a damn? I would have killed you all eventually anyways. Colden was just a willing idiot. I couldn't very well get Kirika to turn her back on the Rosenites. She was raised by Willow to know better. Colden is just my poor idiot son who wants his mother's love for some damn reason. I'll take Colden with me and make sure that Xunatar will never be happy. You all can live the rest of your damn days knowing you failed to protect your brother." Cyprus laughed a bit.

Eldora went to move and Lotus shook her head. They had to be careful about how they went about this. "See Colden? Just a pawn to her. Like everyone else."

Author: Colden Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:12 AM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

For the longest time, he had felt like he was going to be where he belonged. Even though he had been separated from both Rayne and Lilith, he had his mother with him and that’s all that mattered at the time. She had came back, solely for him. To help her regain what was hers and what would at some point become his own- the throne, the power, the Court. He had went willingly, his thirst for power and revenge too strong to ignore. He wanted them all to pay for the betray they had performed. He wanted to see them all hang for their crimes against them.

Mother had been informing him of what was going to happen- that his siblings would try and take him away from her, or worse- try him and kill him for exposing their corruption. And her? They would do gods know what to her yet again. He couldn’t let that happen, so anything he could do to help her, he would make sure to do. While he had planned to help her punish them all, he was…hesitant about her plans concerning Kirika. She was the one that dashed his hopes of becoming King and though he was willing to see her to her demise, what their mother had wanted him to do perplexed him. He recalled asking why she wanted him to attack his sister in such a way, it seemed a bit strange but she said it was for the best, and that there was a surprise waiting for him once he did it. He was still unsure about it, but mother would have never lied to him, right?

They were secured in a hidden location and were plotting their plan. He still felt the pain beneath his skin when she had bestowed her curse against the seer yesterday, but again it was all for the best. He held onto his stomach, reliving how he was practically carved alive. She told him that they were planning on attacking any day now, and what was worse was that they somehow brought the help of Xunatar’s other children, likely with their female wiles like usual. They were guarded but that didn’t last too long for the explosions came from outside and they were infiltrated. “Mother…”, he looked onto her with pleading eyes, wanting for her to secure their safety and punish the infidels. He felt her embrace against him and he fell into it like a good son. She would make sure nothing came from this. If anything, they were like moths to the flame.

When they made it there, Steele growled to himself at the disgusting display of Cyprus cozening up Colden and Dante nearly burst out laughing. “Aren’t you a little young to be a mama’s boy, Colden?” Colden didn’t recognize the two men nor did he really know who Eldora was other than the one his mother had sent the message to. Lotus, however, was a different story. The young man’s teeth clenched in anger at the seer’s words. “I’m no idiot!  And Mother is the best! She was the best queen until you lot dethroned her and put that child onto the throne! It should have been mine!”

He was growing agitated by the sight of them and he pulled away from Cyprus as a flame came up from his palm. “Great, what a hothead needs…to have fire magic”, Dante said with a shrug. “Colden, don’t be stupid. Father wouldn’t be very happy with…”

“That demon is no father!” The flame grew larger with his temper. His eyes watched on with wicked flames of their cast to the party. “And you both are demon spawn and have no reason to be involved in a family affair.” His attention turned to the only person he knew. “And you, I don’t know of these savages, but I thought better of you at least until I learned you played a hand in screwing me over!”

“You damn fool. You would have never been in charge!” It was Steele that let out a growl, threatening to rip Colden away from Cyprus whether he liked it or not. “Ask your mother about the trials…ask her what would happen when you took them or if you just tried to steal the crown. Hell, I doubt she would even be able to regain it herself”

“Liar, you are all liars!” He threw the fireball at them before conjuring another in his grasp. “You surrender now and maybe mother will let you live for a few moments longer.” Dante and Steele dodged the poorly aimed attack and within a moment, Dante used his whip to wrap itself around Colden’s wrist. The boy yelped in pain as he felt the thorns dig slightly into his skin. “Sorry, but I don’t beg, well not like that anyway”, he winked. “Cyprus, you are outmatched and outwitted. If we don’t get you, then Angela or Xunatar will. The latter doesn’t care that you are hiding out here. Smirking, his eyes glowed strangely as they bore into her. “As a matter of fact, he knows you are here now. And if they don’t get you, then your daughter’s assassins will. No matter how much you think about this, you are screwed in every way but the good way.”

Colden looked on, feeling his body overcome with heat from his rage before a stream of fire came from his mouth and burnt away the whip, breaking Dante’s attempt at control. “Silence!”, he yelled before throwing another fireball. 

Author: Eldora, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:23 AM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Lotus smirked at him for a moment not wanting to tell him. “But…” Eldora stopped as she turned to Dante. “This was what I was wearing.” She was highly confused. “Oh! I was dirty that’s why you couldn’t tell.” Lotus was now laughing as Eldora caught up to Steele as they walked.

Eldora’s eyes slit just a bit so she could look up ahead at a tall spot that no one was paying attention to. “Bryony,” She pointed with her finger. The woman was as tall as Steele or Dante. She was lithe and darker skinned than Eldora or Lotus. The blue eyes shimmered down on them. “What is she doing here?” Eldora mused as she ran over to the woman.

“Oh fantastic a family pep talk just what Eldora needed.” Lotus said to Dante as she listened to Steele give order. They watched as Bryony handed Eldora a scroll and kissed her forehead. The oracle stood up and waved to Lotus before seemingly disappearing into nothingness. “What the hell was that about?”

Eldora came over and held out the scroll. “Locking scroll. Better than what I could do… It was crafted by five oracles. It will serve as a secondary locking mechanism for keeping Mother in place even if Dalanesca were to fall.” Lotus looked impressed. “Bryony figured we could use it.” She put the scroll into her bag and held onto the jar again.

She moved over to Steele. “Not alive. I won’t let her.” There was a warning in Eldora’s eyes not that she had permission to kill.

Once the explosions started to happen Eldora was more or less off far from their main group. She had a scroll, blank this time, on the ground. “Hand,” She did a grabbing motion at one of the three. Lotus rolled her eyes and gave Eldora her hand. “Thank you,” Eldora took the ceremonial dagger and pricked her sister with it. When the blood hit the map it revealed the compound. It wasn’t overly large under the service. She put the dagger away and gave the map to Steele.

“They are in the back holed up. It looks like Mother is going to fight us.” Eldora mused. “Let’s say hello,” she said as she went down into the compound. There were doors every which way and soon she put up her hand and the doors flew back with incredible force. “Hello,” Eldora yelled as the doors all hit the walls.

They didn’t need the element of surprise. Soon some Rosenites came out at them and Lotus growled a bit at her sister as she worked on putting them down. “They already knew we were here Lotus, there is no sneaking once we got in here.” Eldora warned as Lotus used her whip to choke and break necks.

“Very well,” Lotus sighed. “You are right. At least with the doors gone there are no surprises.”

“That’s why I did it… and there is only one way out.” Eldora watched as the others fought their way in. She was saving her strength for the most part as Lotus cleared the way with her own magic. When they reached the back of the compound they found Cyprus hugged poor Colden to her.

“See they did come for us, they are going to kill us,” Cyprus said as she put her lips to her son’s ear. “They see you like they do me.” Cyprus was a beautiful woman just like her daughters but it was clear that her daughters got more features from their fathers than from her. Even with their black hair and Lotus's red eyes, they looked vastly different.

“No, you are a vile unfit mother. Colden is just an idiot.” Eldora spat at her. She held onto the jar tighter now and Cyprus’s eyes went to it.

“You know I always thought Angela got rid of my body.”

“No, she kept it for good reason. So we can rip your heart out and put an end to this.” It was Lotus now who was staring at her baby brother. “Come on Colden don’t listen to her. Look at what she did to you to get to Eldora. You aren’t any different than the rest of us to her.”

Author: Steele, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:00 AM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

After the pleasantries between them were said and done, he lead the way once they were ready. They would not be alone in this, no he had some of his best men ready for the charge and scout ahead to make sure that Cyprus wasn’t ready for company. “My hunters are very skilled and served with me for a number of years. They are nigh fearless and will do everything in their power to subdue the enemy. Whatever creatures or servants she still has in her stead, they will deal with. We, of course, will deal with the main course.” Dante looked to his brother and chuckled, “So your dogs get the leftovers?” Steele ignored the comment entirely as he crossed through the portal. Meanwhile the younger sin keeper looked to Lotus, “I didn’t know they came in black. I have to say that I’m slightly jealous. And you.” His eyes latched onto Eldora’s outfit, “You should have wore that when we first met.” He made a playful tiger growling sound before his eyes went back to her sister. “Just kidding, love. Just kidding." Of course with Dante, it was hard to tell and Steele refrained from punching him for now. There would be plenty of time to shut him up after all this was said and done. For now, they had a battle to win.

Once everyone had crossed over, he led the trek forward before he came across one of his men waiting for him from the distance. Making sure the coast was clear, the warlord signaled for them to follow him to the man. “Lord Steele. Preparations had been made. We are just waiting for the signal now.” He held the handle of his large axe, his fingers drumming softly against it. He was in similar black leather armor as Steele was in, as all of the other hunters were. “Very well. Do so now and again her beasts’ attention. We will take advantage of the situation and get to their leader.” The man saluted to him and quickly made his way to the others. Quickly he unsheathed his sword and looked to the small group. “Once her attention is gained of this, it will be likely that she plans on fighting or fleeing with Colden. She’s not leaving that place with him, and ideally not at all alive.”

Soon they could hear the sounds of explosions nearby, followed by sounds of conflict. “Let’s go now!” He said between the grunts and battle cries.  

Author: Lotus, Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:44 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

“I wish… I asked and that was the wrong thing to do.” Lotus laughed a bit. “Her methods are shockingly effective.” There was a slightly groan she thought it could have come from Eldora. She was glad that he liked her idea and she gently kissed him. “That private island is sounding really good.” She reminded him of the talk they had in Nisshoki.

The half demon curled up into Dante’s arms. “That sounds like me and Eldora. I wouldn’t ever bet against her. It would be a stupid decision to. You’ve seen how she can be. She’s extremely talented with that magic of hers. I would say it is a product of Bryony training her all these years.” Lotus had a shiver to her.

When they finally joined the others Lotus noticed that Eldora was back in the traditional oracle robes of Arri. They were a blue colored cloth with gold on the outlines. They were missing one sleeve, for advanced casting and it dip down and tied. She could see the undergarments that Eldora was choosing to cover herself with, that shocked her. The robes were deep cut up on one side. The other sleeve was one and bellowing like most robes. The oracle’s long black hair was braided and she thought she saw gems in her hair but upon closer inspection they were bones.

Lotus jolted for a moment staring at the small woman with her big bag. “Is that a death bag? I’ve heard that’s what you and Bryony call them.” Lotus stared at the bag. Eldora took a look at the bag for a moment and nodded. They listened to Dante and Steele and Eldora suddenly stared at Lotus.

“What will you be fighting with? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you fight.” Eldora asked as Lotus shrugged. She was staring at Dante’s weapon of choice.

“Oddly enough something similar to Dante was made for me when I went to Kurayo. A gift from the great incubus himself.” The black rose whip was in her hands it was elegantly crafted much like Dante’s. “I’ll mostly be using offensive magic like you though.” She attached the whip to her belt. “Just not on your level.”

Eldora tilted her head and nodded. “Alright… Just don’t get stuck in my vortex. You won’t get out.” Lotus took the warning to heart. Once they were all ready they started the trek through the portals to meet with Steele’s men.

“What is Kirika doing that she wouldn’t be joining us?” Lotus asked Eldora.

The oracle tilted her head again. “They are torturing subordinates of our mother back in Arri. Kirika and Cathrine are working together for information.”

Lotus shivered. “Now that is one woman I don’t want to get on the bad side of. Cathrine is the embodiment of wind. Like most of the queens she has an element. I’ve watched her take the air from someone and she let them choke until they spoke to her. She is the mother of the girl who volunteered for Colden. Toya is scary but I expect it of her. Cathrine is methodical and you don’t realize when she is angry until it is too late.”

Eldora nodded. “It’s very true. Cathrine is the oldest and most regal of the queens, in my opinion. But that is why Kirika can’t be with us.”

“Good reason, I’ve not yet seen Kirika fight so I don’t know if she can… or if she has been for a while.” Lotus mused.

“She is powerful but her talents are better saved for Arri at the moment. It would be overkill to have all three of us.” Eldora had the jar of ashes in her arms now as she remembered it.

Author: Dante, Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:11 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Dante didn’t want to wake up and crawl out of bed. He was perfectly content with laying in bed with his arm draped around Lotus, but it was her stirring out of there that caused him to leisurely open his eyes. “Already? How about five more minutes?” When it was clear that it wasn’t going to happen, he begrudgingly came to and slid off the bed and started to get dress. “Can’t tell, but I wouldn’t put it past her if she had. Either way, she might as well had then.” His lips curled up as he pulled up his trousers and tightened his belt. “My, I like the sound of that. We can leave Colden with Steele and Eldora to deal with then.” The moment they were freed from the burden of both Cyprus and Colden, then they would surely not be found for some time. Hell, he wasn’t going to say anything that could give away their current thoughts. They just needed to play along for now.

He found himself in her arms and his hands sought for her hips with ease. “We will be fine. If there’s one thing my hot headed brother can do, it’s fight. I’d take him over an army any day. First, because betting against him would not be wise. Secondly, it's cheaper to reward him than them. I’m sure that they been waiting for us for a bit now.”

Taking her hand, he lead her back to the throne hall where sure enough, their older siblings were there. Steele was in black leather armor and his sword seated against his side. His eyes looked like a raging storm that was threatening to brew at any more. It wasn’t towards either of them however, it was him anticipating the battle ahead. “About time. Let’s get on with this. The sooner we get this done, the sooner some of our problems will be vanquished.” Dante took a wide yawn and nodded. “Are you bringing that thing again?”

It took some time for his mind to figure out what he meant by that because he grinned a bit. “Oh, you mean this old thing?” A hand was lifted to show off a seemingly mere rose. “Of course you would. How long has it been since you used it?” 

Dante shrugged and flicked his wrist and soon the rose transformed into a long whip like weapon with gruesome thorns sticking out. “Mh, it's been a while. I not a fighter often but I can when needed.” Father made sure of it. Steele rolled his eyes before one of the chaotic portals came. His power wanes a bit to Parvpora, so we will have to make the rest of the trek there ourselves, but this as close as the portal can take us. Nearby, my men are ready to rendezvous and join us. Ready when you all are."

Author: Lotus, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:30 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Lotus lazily pulled herself out of bed and started to dress herself. She had gotten a mental shock from Eldora. “I really hate it when she is punctual.” She groaned as she pulled her raven locks up and tied them. They would just get in the way for what they were doing today. “Did she zap the fuck out of you as well?” She looked over at Dante. Her hand went over and she caressed his face. “After today we can run and escape. Do whatever we want again.”

She wasn’t a fighter but she could be. She pulled on her clothes and laced her boots. She looked odd compared to her normal self. She was sure that Eldora just looked normal. Eldora didn’t need to be fast or quick, she was sure that no one would get close enough to the oracle to ever hurt her. That alone scared the half Rosenite. Eldora could kill everyone if she wanted but the gods. There was shiver down her spine.

After they dressed Lotus wrapped her arms around him. “I am severely conflicted about all this. Mainly because I am a lover and not a fighter but I will do what I have to. Hopefully, I can keep up with whatever Eldora is going to do. She woke me up with a zap to my brain. She must have been up for a while now.” She sighed a bit. "Can't wait for this to be over."

Author: Steele, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:20 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

“No, I hadn’t.” Before she explained, he had hardly known a thing about Rosenites, other than they were a race that he could have sworn Dante would have fit excellently into. He especially didn’t know how the norm was when it came to raising their children. “I wouldn’t want that for my…” He stopped himself midway and lowered his eyes. “That shouldn’t be what you or the child deserves. It sounds like a heavy burden with a father.” The problem wasn’t that she couldn’t find someone; it wouldn’t be very hard for someone that took interest to her to see past her barriers. It was more so the parts after that was what worried Steele if she chosen a complete stranger.

“Right now it seems like we are rushed into this. Regardless I wouldn’t have your life risk because of my insecurities if it comes down to it.” He didn’t know where Dante stood in the situation of Lotus having to have a child of her own, especially since he didn’t seem like the type to be tied down. But he had to look at the mirror himself- he didn’t seem to be like that either. “I can’t speak for my brother. Perhaps he would be willing to sacrifice. He’s done so much for her than any other woman I’ve heard about.”

It came down to him having to be aware of himself and to have more control. He wasn’t his sin wholly, and Eldora was right about it. Again he would have to deal with his insincerity soon enough. What he did know was that he was falling for her, as dangerous as that felt for him. Especially so soon. His face nearly grew red from how gentle she made him seem. “We all still have a lot to learn it seems. Both us and our siblings.”

Steele watched her move away and her clothing soon dropped to the floor. He had recalled every curve and inch of it as it came back fresh into his mind the things they had done hours prior. Soon his coat was off and his items put away in time for her to practically drag him further into the bed with her. “You need it to. Even if father had healed you…”, he stated before kissing her again. It wasn’t long before he got lost into her as his arms wrapped around her body and held her close to him.

Author: Eldora, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:24 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Eldora watched Steele for a few moments. “You don’t know do you?” She tilted her head. “Most Rosenites bare their children by themselves after conception. We’re a race that hardly has any men so situations like my mother are quite common. It was just a matter of finding someone who wouldn’t be afraid of me.” She gave him a smile at his last few words. She wasn’t trying to make it sound like it wasn’t a huge deal. “I am afraid that I don’t wholly understand. I will learn though.”

Her blue eyes got wide and she shook her head. “No, that isn’t what I meant at all. I would very much like it to be you but I could understand if you didn’t want it. We are new after that and that shouldn’t be your burden. In case, we have ten years to figure it out. I’m sure Lotus won’t want to jump into it right away either.” She leaned into his hand as he pet her ebony hair.

“You are not the sin completely Steele. Look at you and the way we are together. You are capable of so much more. We just have to raise the child to understand the differences. I would not want them to fear me… and I know that could very well be the case.” When it came down to worrying her she just smiled at him. “I guess I still have a lot to learn when it comes to emotions. I’ve never really had anyone worry about me that I knew about. I didn’t even know Lotus worried the way she does. She hides it well.”

Eldora put her hand on his shoulder before she got up and stripped out of the dress. “We should sleep and relax before tomorrow. Especially you Steele.” She cupped his face and smiled. “Come,” she kissed him softly and pulled him into bed.

Author: Steele, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:00 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

He wasn’t sure if she really grasp the concept of birthing a child or rearing it. Steele couldn’t claim to have such knowledge either, but at least he was sure it was a difficult task. Even for his father, who had hundreds of children, he was sure to be there to raise and influence them. Though there were obviously favorites among them that gotten more attention. Eldora might have thought that this wouldn’t be difficult task, but then again it was hard for him to recognize what was on her mind.

“I didn’t say yay or nay towards it Eldora”, he spoke, turning to face her. “I honestly don’t think this will a matter that can be solved easily. I’d imagine that you would raise the child afterwards, and that could be the harder part. Also, finding someone suitable that would at least take an interest in their lives.” He was somewhat afraid, not of fathering her baby, but of raising it being the type of person he was. “I know you are doing this for her. I wouldn’t have expected less from you. But I do wish you’d consider what this would all mean a bit more.”

Steele’s eyes narrowed softly as she felt his sword. He sat down right beside her on the bed and just looked at her. “If you don’t want me to be involved, I won’t. Just don’t rush it. You have time to figure something out. Just know that I wasn’t…afraid to be the one chosen for that…I just terrified of how I would influence the child. Being a carrier of eternal anger doesn’t seem to be the perfect candidate to rear children.” He petted the back of her ebony hair head, “I know you aren’t weak. But that doesn’t mean that people shouldn’t worry about you. I certainly do.”

Author: Eldora, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:30 AM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Eldora fingered the talismans in her hands now as she thought about what he was asking. “No, but then again I’m not most people. The subject of children never ever came up before now. I am an enigma. Most men stay away from me and so most women think that I’ll never have children. Before coming here the idea of even being sexually active wasn’t even a thought. I had never kissed, hugged, or anything else with a man. My only interactions with another person were Bryony’s motherly hugs.”

Eldora tilted her head a bit and finally looked up at him. “I am on the same fence as Lotus. I am refusing to trap you in this situation. I shall find someone else if that’s what it takes. It doesn’t matter to my life if I don’t do it but Kirika will get the bad end of the deal should we not. We are family and family comes first. That’s what Bryony has always told me. Kirika is a good girl. She isn’t tainted like the rest of us. She doesn’t deserve to be treated like she is.”

Tilting her head again she placed the last few things in the bag and moved it off the bed. “I will not make you a part of their game. You are too new to me. I do not want to ruin you with their hatred of me.” That was the best way to describe how she was feeling about all of it. “I will figure it out.” Eldora sat on the bed now and stared up at him as she touched the sword in his hands. “I don’t need rescuing. Not much outside of my mother that is. I can hunt, burn, kill almost anyone or anything. I am not weak. I cannot say the same for my siblings or what they go through."

Author: Steele, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:58 AM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Steele left the little meeting of theirs, determined to see the witch perish once and for all. This time there would be no coming back for her. Enough bridges had been burnt by her already. She would not drag Colden down any further with her, not if he had anything to say about it. He followed Eldora into her room while Lotus went with Dante, he figured to his room. Once there, he’d already spotted his armor and sword awaiting on her bed. He took to his sheathed blade and opened it enough to see it glistened. Its edge was sharper and could see that it was ready to have its taste of blood and flesh again. “Suppose father had it ready for me.”, he mused before snapping it shut and inspected the leather armor. It was sturdy yet flexible for him to have both protection and speed.

Meanwhile Eldora prepared in her own way with her talismans and such; the sounds of them breaking stirred his attention for a few moments. She reminded him of what had happened back in the throne hall, and yet she didn’t seem…fazed by it. He, on the other hand had been conflicted when it came down to how the situation with the punishment she was made to undergo. “I…don’t know really. Unlike Dante, I am not as flashy as he is. I’m still trying to think of what will happen and what to do.”

He looked to her with questionable eyes, “Had you even wanted children before? It seems kinda cruel to force you to do something like this if you didn’t. I care not whether you were guilty or innocent in this game.” Perhaps he was questioning all of this because he didn’t know what he wanted. He clearly didn’t know what to do, especially since they had more or less just met and now after this thing with Cyprus would be over, their troubles only just begun.  

Author: Eldora, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:39 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

When it came to Eldora, the punishment didn’t really bother her but maybe it was because she didn’t really understand it. It was certainly better than being locked away in Arri until she slit her throat and wrists to escape the hell that being in that place brought. She held onto Steele’s hand as they got back to her room. She looked more like she was musing the situation altogether.

Her hand left his as she set the doll down on the bed and stared at it for a few moment. She went to the drawers and pulled out many things. Things that she would need come tomorrow. She wouldn’t quite need the talismans or the crystals that she had been coveting but she started to break them. She needed rest more than anyone and there was not that much time for her to recover the energy she had expended that day.

The magic flowed from them to her as she broke the things she loved. These were things she could get again and she didn’t want to be weak. With each crunch and snap, she absorbed the power that she had stowed away. Her eyes drifted up to Steele. “You are alright with everything Kirika said?” Her voice was calm as she gathered components out of a jar. It looked to be fingers and other bodily parts. “You didn’t react quite like Dante did.”

She got a bag and put it up on the bed as she moved to place stuff in it. Components, talismans, maps, the doll, and several other things were methodically put in there with purpose. These things would be used for killing and that was something Eldora knew how to do well. A curved dagger came out, it was yellowish and old. It was more of a ceremonial type dagger. She stared at it and held it in her fingers before she placed it into the bag. "What will you bring for tomorrow?" She wasn't as talkative as she had been now that she was working on putting together a death bag but she did not want to ignore his presence as she worked.

Author: Dante, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:07 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Such words, those three little words held so much power beneath them. There were plenty of times where if someone went back in time and told him that such would ever come from his mouth, then he would have laughed it off and thought nothing of it. But now? Well, Dante was taken back himself to have heard such words from Lotus and for them to be spoken back by him. Sure, he had heard the phase by many that he “courted” but never did he say it back for he wasn’t a liar. He was honest and upfront with them, knowing that they merely said that because of his charm and grace in bed. But when it came out of Lotus’ mouth, it was far different. She was far different from any person he had been with and he did treasure her enough to put up with Colden and certainly enough to endure with anything that was to come their way.

She held a rather interesting look about him wanting to  have a child with her “I’m certain that I don’t want to lose you. And if I can do anything to prevent it at all…I’ll do it. Besides, it would be a curious thing I suppose.” If his desire to do this to make sure she survived was the tip of the iceberg, then him admitting his feelings for her was the whole damn thing beneath the water. Had he been his usual self, he would have came up with something witty, but now wasn’t the time for that. Instead he looked to her with hands upon her form to comfort the woman. “Relax, cher. I know.” No words were needed for he knew her perhaps better than anyone other than herself. The same was true the other way around and he caressed her arms with care before meeting with her lips tenderly.

“Come now, you have to rest to. We got a lot to do with saving the boy and dealing with a psychopath of a mother. Tomorrow may seem like we are fighting the forces of hell itself. I’d imagine that Steele will be just itching for the combat.” 

Author: Lotus, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:36 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Lotus smiled a bit. “The council might want a punishment but they aren’t in control of what it is. Only the queens can say what it is. They might hate what we were given and think it isn’t enough but they wanted punishment… They aren’t getting what they wanted. It’s bittersweet.” She chuckled once more. “I think that’s what they were thinking. The only one who has had a child is Casimir and he’s missing. Not even Colden knows about Cinder.”

The half demon laughed and smirked just a bit. “That might have to be something we do. Whatever Kirika is planning might not work though she might let us have a crack at him first. Kirika is smart and tends not to put her whole hand out on the table for all to see… even with her siblings.” It was a pain but normally the girl was smart with her plans. “For the family indeed.” It was something Colden would have to learn and she wondered if he ever would.

It took her a few moments to realize what she had said to him and by the time she did… she couldn’t take it back. Her face mirrored his for a moment and she looked away from him shyly. It wasn’t something she had wanted and she had even been scared of courting him. Finally, after many, many moments, she heard Dante speak. “Your child?” She mused. “And you are sure?” She knew Dante well, this seemed out of character for even him. She gave a smile though and she was dumbfounded when he spoke his next words.

She looked at if she was having a wordless conversation with him. The way her eyes stared at him. Her hands reached up and cupped his face as she tried to find the words to say at least something to him. They didn’t come but she did kiss him softly and hug herself to him.

“It will be a long day tomorrow. You should rest Dante.” Perhaps these were the only words she could find herself saying. She hadn’t intended on falling in love with Dante but apparently, at some point, it had happened for both of them. Her fingers intertwined with his and she held his hand.

Author: Dante, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:23 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

“Control? I wouldn’t think so, especially if neither she or Colden had ever met one another, correct?” As far as siblings went, Kirika and Colden were certainly on opposite sides of the spectrum. She seemed more reserved and thoughtful and her brother…well he needed not to explain to Lotus how he was. “It still seems odd that they would want for “traitors” to breed more into the Court, but that’s just my thought on it.” Despite the way she had explained it, which was a good job no doubt, Dante still had mixed feelings over the matter. It wasn’t like he would have to worry about it though; it wasn’t like he was going to be chosen to father her child.

“No, I don’t like it either. Seems a tad unnecessary, but I guess given the state that your Court is in, its far better to try and repopulate it again.”

He pondered a lovely funny thought and it made him chuckle slightly. “If you’d like, Steele could always take a crack at him. Father wouldn’t want him dead, but I have a feeling that some…tough love would do no harm. Or at least not enough to murder the lad.” The eldest brother would certainly find some pleasure in getting his hands on Colden for being so gullible and stupid. But even with all his power and temper, he would know when enough would be enough. “It is very likely she did. You girls, despite your differences seem determined to keep this family together, for better or worse. Mine has a mutual understanding of each other, and despite it all, the in-fighting and bickering, we do live by the motto ”For the family”. Taking several more bites of the fruit, the half demon petted her hair with his other hand before finishing the apple and tossing the core into a wastebasket.

When she mentioned bring in someone else to help her get pregnant, Dante gave her a strange but subtle look. At first he was sorta relieved by the statement but then as she went on to explain and told him that she loved him, his face nearly dropped onto the floor. It had been the first time she had muttered those words to him before; sure that they had a strong connection but he wasn’t planning on hearing those words from her. Blinking at her, he shied away and looked out into the outside world. Usually he would know what to say, but for once he was at a loss for words. Love wasn’t something that he bothered being in because it seemed so easy to fall out of it, just as it was with lust. But for the latter, there was less time and effort wasted. With the other however, it was an investment. His mind raced towards the thought of her bearing another man’s child and from there, who knows what would had happened.

“I don’t know…if it would be a burden for me…well, to have that with you”, he spoke vaguely but he was sure she would know what he was referring to. “It wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world, of course.” He looked towards her while scratching the back of his head. “No, the worse thing would be for you and yours to suffer, or worse. In comparison, having you bear my child at some point to save you lot is far better.”

He struggled with his next few words, but only because they seemed so foreign to him to mutter. But fortunately it was towards Lotus, which made it seem more easier than it would had been.

“I love you too.” 

Author: Lotus, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:40 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Lotus laughed a bit at the mentioning of the rules. “I think the same thing but then I remember how violent Rosenites can be.” She mused a bit. “I think that in this instance the punishment isn’t as bad as it could have been. Eldora was thinking it like I was. We did do the things we are accused of… and a part of us knew that we would be held accountable if something ever came to light. I’m thinking it has. I’m sure Angela is in trouble as well but she is a god there isn’t much they can do to her. Kirika on the other hand… I wasn’t expecting them to be so angry with her. Maybe because she couldn’t control Colden, not that she could control any of us.” She frowned. “I think this was a punishment… more like a slap on the wrist type thing that they could think of… The lightest sentence there is for a situation like this.”

She rubbed her neck and nodded. “Yeah… He would have tried to kill Kirika that much is for sure. Thanks to Mother, Xunatar has at least seen that Colden’s plan isn’t the greatest.”

Lotus nodded as she watched the ocean. “I know he will. I doubt there will be anything left of the council once the queens are done. The council was something set up to deal with my mother. Once she is gone there will be no need for it and any resistance will be met with punishment. The punishment my family is dealing with is so that we can live in peace. I completely understand why it’s happening. I just don’t like it.”

She crossed her arms a bit more now. The Rosenite was attempting to comfort herself. “There will be methods of dealing with Colden. However, I am uncertain how that is going to work. We’ll get it figured out. Envy is a pain in the ass to deal with but Kirika has a plan… I can tell from the way she was talking. I just don’t know what it is.”

Lotus watched as he came over to her side and she gave him a bit of a smile. “It’s alright. It wasn’t something I was expecting either. I was just holding myself better because of Kirika. She doesn’t deserve things like this thrown in her face. She fought for a lighter sentence and that’s all I can ask of her. She even stuck her neck out for Colden. I’m thinking that’s what happened and she just didn’t tell us. She probably wasn’t originally part of the punishment but included herself to force negotiations. I can’t tell though… Her demeanor is too cool. She was completely alright with it like she had something else she was thinking about.” Lotus mused as she moved over to Dante and curled up with him by the window.

“I told you I would choose someone else because I didn’t want to tie you down. The last thing I want is to burden you because I love you.” She reached up and kissed him softly. “You are my lover, you’ve made me see and feel things that I’ve never wanted to see but I enjoy it. It made me scared and I’m scared now but I’ll deal with it because the consequences of not following it are… much worse in my opinion. I would be fine being locked up but Eldora would die… She couldn’t stay there. She would end up like the others of her kind. She’s only survived because she won’t go home.”

Author: Dante, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:02 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

Dante wasn’t thrilled with having to spend the night in the Cradle, but it seemed like arguing with his brother would have did nothing more than to get his head chopped off. That simply wouldn’t do at all, and so he obliged by the order (though it was more of an invitation to the ladies, lucky them). They left Steele and Eldora to their own devices while he lead Lotus to his room. It was a lavish and extravagant chamber fit for a grand prince, fitted with a rug like floor, a beautifully crafted fireplace, one wall was lined with bookshelves and towards the opposite wall house large door like windows that lead to a balcony. The bed there was large and filled with enough blankets and pillows to make it seem as though one was sleeping on a cloud and the finishing touch to it  was soft blue canopy draping over it. He had been sitting at the table with a bowl of fruit in hand, taking to grapes by plucking them by his mouth from off the stems. Unlike Lotus, he was more calmer and though he had a bit of a shock over what had transpired earlier, he felt better now with the stressful part receding. If just for now. He tilted his head back to look at her while he chewed at the fruit and letting its juice roll about his mouth and tongue before swallowing. “Too many rules your home has. I suppose the demon in me doesn’t like to be told what to do. You all avoided one set of punishments to be forced into another. Seems more like a choice that is taken away from you, from what it sounds like to me. Pity it can’t be helped then.”

“As much of a pain she is, things wouldn’t have been that much better if Cyprus hadn’t came back to begin with  You still have Colden to worry about though this council wouldn’t seek to punish you or your sisters, just him.” He switched over to an apple and took a small bite. “The problem would have just been that he wanted the throne and would likely cut Kirika’s throat, as well as anyone else’s that stood in his way. In any case, it would have still been a civil war, though on a lower end of the spectrum. Father had supported his foolish quest right until he was made aware of how your queens and kings were chosen. It's too much of a risk for him, even at this point now.” Xunatar was good at taking his losses today if it meant that he would succeed tomorrow. “Colden is a product of a deal going bad, his conception was tainted and with that mother of yours spoon feeding him and letting him believe that he was next in line destroyed anything that had once related him to what you had known him as before this point. Father filled me in more about that.” To him, it didn’t really matter whether the boy was going to fight them or come willingly. He would simply not have a choice in this matter, not if Lotus was going to be punished for his weaknesses.

“Envy is perhaps one of the more dangerous sins if left unchecked. At least for Steele, he can control his temper somewhat. Me? Oh I am fully capable of controlling my own- I simply don’t wish to at times.” Shrugging, he turned around his seat and took another bite of the apple. “The truth is my father will see to it that Colden does survive, by any means necessary. It just so happens that he doesn’t seem to mind the more recent punishment set for him and won’t stand in the way. Otherwise…he would see to it that the boy survives and there would be nothing your council or anyone could do. As far as he’s importance to him is, the lord here would be willing to go to war for any of the seven of us to remain intact.” It would have surely turned out badly had Xunatar not been approving of this. Dante didn’t speak these things other than to be upfront with Lotus.

“Though he can’t influence Colden’s choice of whether he will be willing to or not. Forcing him to oblige is…not recommended. Father had once told me that he killed a girl he fancied simply because she laughed at his nervousness when they were becoming more…intimate.” He would spare her the more detailed information and kept going on. ”Imagine what he would do to a woman carrying his child without his consent…” His normally smiling face fell onto that of a more grim one before shaking his head. “Your family is rather complicate. And I thought mine had problems…”, he jested before leaving the table and coming to her side by the windows. “There’s no need for that. It’s not like there’s any pressure on you since the meeting, and having to play a hand in your mother’s demise or anything. She will be slewed and the dimwit will be saved. Afterwards, you can then focus on moving the mountain an inch and somehow convince the boy to agree to the terms and find some unfortunate woman to carry on his…legacy for a better word.”

“Also, I do apologize for my behavior. I am not the sort that ever thought about things like children. Didn’t seem important, at least at the time prior.”      

Author: Lotus, Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:55 PM, Post Subject: Satisfaction [P/R]

OOC: The first half of this thread takes place in the Cradle

For the night they retreated to their respective rooms. Kirika had gone home for the evening. Lotus knew that she wouldn’t be there for the killing of Cyprus, but she had other things back home to take care of. There were those still loyal to Cyprus and Kirika was cleaning that up while they took care of the real problem. Lotus had watched Eldora take the jar of ashes with her and knew what they were. She had never seen the body of her mother before. It had been well hidden within the depths of Angela’s realm.

She retreated with Dante into his room. She looked around for a few moments and took a deep breath as she looked out over the ocean. She was tense and her body said it. Even though she had been so calm during the meeting she was feeling the weight of what Kirika had told her. “I can’t believe they were just going to kill her like that. Shows how deep my mother has screwed things up. Displacing hate on us for what Mother and Colden are doing. Even if the council is disbanded the hate will still be there.”

There was a deep frown on her face. “I’ve never wanted children. I never wanted them to be subjected to what I was. Even if my mother is killed again I have this odd fear of them going through the things I have.” She was frustrated now but clearly, she had been calm for Kirika and especially Eldora. “Their decision would have killed Eldora too. She can’t be in Arri for long periods of time. The hell with their plan for me. It would have been the truth serum that hurt the most.” Her fists balled up and took a deep breath.

“All because Colden couldn’t get over his mommy issues. That is probably the biggest factor in them punishing us all.” She was frustrated and she knew that Xunatar could hear but at the moment she didn’t care. “Everyone has always stuck their necks out for that little shit. People died to make sure he would be alright but he just willing went with her like an idiot. That is the most frustrating thing. And now we have to have children to appease the courts. I didn’t beg Angela to make me sterile so I could go ask her to undo it because the bunch of morons in Arri can’t play nice with the monarchs.” She growled low and tried to calm herself down.

“What a mess this has become.” She reached up and combed her hair with her fingertips. “Kirika has taken most of the hate. I think that is most upsetting to me.” She sounded like she was calming down now. “She does it with a damn smile but I know she feels like I do. She just handles it better because she has to.” She turned to Dante finally and frowned. “I’m sorry, I’m just really frustrated over everything.”